Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

This man is better than your favorite qb...

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-...s-chargers.jpg

Right now he's playing better than Manning, Brady, Rogers, Favre.

Bow down to your superior

Basically he owns u and your mom too.

Peyton Manning, whose your daddy?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

C'mon man. Don't you get a bye week?

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pride, the fact that you are a chargers fan makes me love the team just a little less.

Jag8917
    Jag8917's Avatar Become A Pro!

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

that pic is a riot....he looks like the kid on Christmas morning when he didnt get his red ryder bb gun....

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Chargers will be a big disappointment in the playoffs again!
    When rivers wins a really big game then he can be considered with the other top qb's!

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    Chargers will be a big disappointment in the playoffs again! When rivers wins a really big game then he can be considered with the other top qb's!
    like when he sent Peyton home the last two years in the playoffs? those weren't big games right?

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    like when he sent Peyton home the last two years in the playoffs? those weren't big games right?
    Like when Brady sent the Rivers home 2 straight years? those were big games.
    Rivers is good but don't compare him to Manning or Brady.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I think this might just be the year he prooves to be a big name! (bigger)

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    Chargers will be a big disappointment in the playoffs again!
    When rivers wins a really big game then he can be considered with the other top qb's!
    Get ready to consider then.

slacker00

I'll take Rivers over Eli any day. (Remember Merriman & Kaeding were included in that deal)

SamsonSharp
    OK/NY 204.5 Over!
    SamsonSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3198

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'll take Rivers over Eli any day. (Remember Merriman & Kaeding were included in that deal)
    I agree Chargers got the better of that deal, but Rivers is not better than Brady or Peyton

knownone

Eli has a ring, Until Rivers has one Eli is the better pick IMO.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey
    therber2's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about Brees? My two favorites are Brees and Rivers.

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    Eli has a ring, Until Rivers has one Eli is the better pick IMO.
    only a moron like urself would actually believe what u just said

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

eli manning is a fraud

PocketRocket
    Update your status
    PocketRocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

**** rivers your a joke if you think hes better than manning even right now... best qb in the playoffs is peyton.

knownone

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    only a moron like urself would actually believe what u just said
    If you could see the future when drafting a guy who would you take a guy who won a Superbowl for you're franchise or a guy who puts up good numbers but has yet to prove himself on the big stage.

Rivers has a better Oline and better receivers; his team had the luxury one of the easiest schedules in the NFL... Oakland twice,KC twice, Cleveland, Tennessee, Miami, Ironically all teams that sit at the back of the pack in Pass D

Against 500. teams with top 15 Passing D Rivers has 13 TDs 7 Int.

Rivers finished 09 with 28 TDs 9 Int, Eli with 27 TDs 14 Int.

Eli looked like the MVP before his team collapsed 10 TDs 2 Int.

Point being statistically these 2 arent far apart I do agree that Rivers is better at this time but Eli has performed on the biggest stage and won and until Rivers does I'd pick Eli.

slacker00

I do agree that Rivers is better at this time
    That's all that really matters.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

yup

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Lol you're such a tool.

If Rivers is so much better how come hes yet to win NFL MVP?

Manning has 3 times.

Manning has a Superbowl ring. Rivers doesn't.

2007 Super Bowl MVP
    2005 Pro Bowl MVP

Do I need to list his records too?

Rivers has played better the past few weeks only because Manning took a few games off since he almost had a perfect season and could afford to

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Rivers is good....Dan Fouts was good too but he never won anything either! As far as owning the Colts goes...every one of these recent games has been close....they split 2 games last year with the Colts O-line being in shambles all year! It should come down to these 2 in the AFC and I like the Colts chances! Freeney/Mathis are healthy and Merriman isn't what he was....the Colts get more pressure on Rivers then vice-versa! LT & Sproles don't concern me much either...the Colts are containing the run much better this year....held 2K man Chris Johnson to 147 yds total in 2 games!

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Lol you're such a tool. If Rivers is so much better how come hes yet to win NFL MVP? Manning has 3 times. Manning has a Superbowl ring. Rivers doesn't. 2007 Super Bowl MVP 2005 Pro Bowl MVP Do I need to list his records too? Rivers has played better the past few weeks only because Manning took a few games off since he almost had a perfect season and could afford to
    That's because of his reputation...anyone who doesn't follow Peter King's fat ass and actually watches football knows that Rivers is easily the MVP this year and Peyton shouldn't have won it last year either cuz his team was one and done against the Chargers and Kurt Warner totally got robbed. The numbers don't lie...Manning's not as good as Rivers..

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    If you could see the future when drafting a guy who would you take a guy who won a Superbowl for you're franchise or a guy who puts up good numbers but has yet to prove himself on the big stage. Rivers has a better Oline and better receivers; his team had the luxury one of the easiest schedules in the NFL... Oakland twice,KC twice, Cleveland, Tennessee, Miami, Ironically all teams that sit at the back of the pack in Pass D Against 500. teams with top 15 Passing D Rivers has 13 TDs 7 Int. Rivers finished 09 with 28 TDs 9 Int, Eli with 27 TDs 14 Int. Eli looked like the MVP before his team collapsed 10 TDs 2 Int. Point being statistically these 2 arent far apart I do agree that Rivers is better at this time but Eli has performed on the biggest stage and won and until Rivers does I'd pick Eli.
    you're a joke. Eli has one of the best running games in the nfl and just as much talent at receiver and much more talent when he won the SB with Plaxico. Not to mention, a great defense. His offense scored 16 and 17 in his NFC championship and SB, so Eli's job was obviously NOT to lose the game for the team. Rivers team would never get outscored 234 to 3 in his final two games of the regular season.

Rivers has 4 incredible drives this season. The game-winning drive to beat the Raiders on Monday night football in 2 mins, the one against the Cowboys to seal the game, the game winning TD drive vs the Giants (where they had to score a td not a fg), and the 52 second drive vs the Bungles with 0 timeouts.
    Rivers has the worst runningback in the nfl, the worst coach in the nfl, average receivers, and an average defense. You're a moron, you haven't watched 16 Charger games this year, so once again, u get owned just like every other team will that faces the Chargers in the postseason

Thanks for trying though little fella

Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fraud you talk about Fraud. The biggest fraud in the NFL was Joe (the moron) Montana. His front line should get all the credit, always gave him a half hour to throw the ball. He really showed us when he went to KC.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Zubi View Post
    Fraud you talk about Fraud. The biggest fraud in the NFL was Joe (the moron) Montana. His front line should get all the credit, always gave him a half hour to throw the ball. He really showed us when he went to KC.
    Joe got KC to the AFC championship game in 1993. I'm not sure what you mean.

Mr Handicapable

Rivers has the worst runningback in the nfl, the worst coach in the nfl, average receivers, and an average defense.

Pride....you're out of your mind? Yeah Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates are garbage? The Colts were 14-0 while Tenn, Houston, & Jax were all 7-5 in games not involving Indy! We're not playing KC, Oakland, and Belechik's Mini-Me in Denver! AFC West is the worst div in the NFL by far! We'll see soon enough how much Rivers has grown? Peyton has been carrying average to bad defenses and no running game for most of his career. Better than PManning...Please Rivers has made 1 AFC Championship and they scored 9 points if I'm not mistaken? Damn...they've been robbing MVPs from him right-n-left!!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Rivers has the worst runningback in the nfl, the worst coach in the nfl, average receivers, and an average defense.

Pride....you're out of your mind? Yeah Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates are garbage? The Colts were 14-0 while Tenn, Houston, & Jax were all 7-5 in games not involving Indy! We're not playing KC, Oakland, and Belechik's Mini-Me in Denver! AFC West is the worst div in the NFL by far! We'll see soon enough how much Rivers has grown? Peyton has been carrying average to bad defenses and no running game for most of his career. Better than PManning...Please Rivers has made 1 AFC Championship and they scored 9 points if I'm not mistaken? Damn...they've been robbing MVPs from him right-n-left!!
    Peyton deserved the MVP. We saw what the Colts were without him. Look at what the Chargers did when Volek came in, they still managed a tough win.

I agree that the Chargers have some decent talent surrounding Rivers. Gates is maybe one of the best TEs in the league. Vincent Jackson is coming alive as an elite WR. LT isn't the LT of old, but still has to be considered a solid 3rd down back in the clutch. Sproles has adds a unique element @ RB.

I still say that Rivers deserves to be mentioned amongst the elites like Peyton, Brady, Favre, Brees, etc.

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post

did I say Jackson and Gates were garbage? I said they're average, which they are. and we have no running game...if u watched the Chargers play, you'd know that we haven't had one for a while. And yeah all we did was beat up on Denver Oakland and KC. Those wins in Dallas, NY, and at home vs the Eagles and beating the Redskins to finish off the sweep of the best division in the NFL never happened. And Rivers numbers are better than Peyton's. Peyton has a superstar receiver and a great te. Rivers has a good receiver and a good te.

And yeah the 0-6 Titans are much better than the 6-0 Broncos
    The Raiders, who beat the Bengals, Eagles, Broncos, and Steelers are so much worse than the mighty Jaguars who lost 41-0 at Seattle.

Me>u
    U= owned

Mr Handicapable

Gates is average? He's an annual Pro-Bowler but you know better? Honestly....I'm fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed man! Learn something before your tiny brain engages...then think it over before you type it? Come back when you can make some sense!! Better yet...come find me after Jan. 24! Indy 30 SD 20
    Rivers is a douche....talking $hit with fans like some hood rat? Terrell Owens has more class!!

slacker00

Gates & Jackson versus Wayne & Clark is probably a push. You still need a QB to get them the ball.

Rivers maybe doesn't have class or whatever, but he has talent. Rivers is a proven winner and will get his eventually.

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Man, give Peyton either LT OR Sproles and this would be a blowout, Peyton has NEVER had a running game!!! Don't even get me started on EDGERIN, he sucked too!!!

Mr Handicapable

San Diego is good! Their big WRs and Gates give the smaller Colts problems on D! As great as Reggie/Dallas are and Marvin was....it would still be nice to have a huge receiver for Peyton like Plaxico or Vince Jackson that can just go up and catch a jump ball! Peyton doesn't have that luxury either!
    I did watch that entire SD/Cincy game which had to be the biggest game of the year for both (#2 seed)!
    Carson Palmer ABSOLUTELY lit up the Chargers for over 300 yards...by far his best game of the year! Thats a Bengal team with 1 receiver and a bunch of spare parts! Palmer avg. 160 yds passing in the 5 games before that one! Peyton at home...with a healthy O-line this year....will put up atleast 300 & 3 TDs on SD! GL Rivers...you'll need it!!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by thezzzone View Post
    Man, give Peyton either LT OR Sproles and this would be a blowout, Peyton has NEVER had a running game!!! Don't even get me started on EDGERIN, he sucked too!!!
    Edgerrin did not suck. How'd he put up 15+k career yards if he sucked so bad? He's almost got the exact same career stats as LT.

netinfo
    netinfo's Avatar Become A Pro!

AFC West is the worst div in the NFL by far!
    Mr Handicapable, the NFC West has that reputation this year. The AFC West is the second worst, but not far behind the majority of the divisions.

Those wins in Dallas, NY, and at home vs the Eagles and beating the Redskins to finish off the sweep of the best division in the NFL never happened.
    Pride>UFC, the NFC East is the second best division this year. AFC south, where Peyton plays, was the best division this year.

============================

AFC East 32 wins

AFC North 33 wins

AFC South 38 wins Best

AFC West 30 wins

NFC East 34 wins

NFC North 32 wins

NFC South 33 wins

NFC West 24 wins Worst

==========================

As to who is better between Manning and Rivers, Peyton is greater than Rivers career-wise, and is better than Rivers on some stats this year, like on his completion % and yards. However, on other stats this year, Rivers has been better:

Average yards per pass attempt: Rivers 8.8 vs. Manning 7.9
    Interceptions: Rivers 9 vs. Manning 16
    Passer Rating: Rivers 104.4 vs. Manning 99.9

So, for this year, one is better than the other depending on which stat you're looking at. Overall, I would say that Rivers and Manning are about the same for this year.

netinfo

12 Last