PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he spoke with coach Bill Belichick this week about his desire to play Sunday against the Texans, and relayed Belichick's response.
    Patriots blog

"You'll play, don't worry about that. You'll be playing."
    The question remains how much, as the Patriots have already clinched a home playoff game.
    "As players, we obviously don't factor into any of those decisions that coach Belichick makes," Brady said. "It's our job to prepare to play and I certainly am. I'm out there doing all my regular practice stuff.
    "I want to play and I want to do great. I want to have a great game against a team that is fighting for their playoff lives, and has a lot of great players and really challenges you in some different ways. It's a meaningful game for us, it's a meaningful game for them, too. It would be great for us to go win on the road in a real tough environment against a damn good team."
    Brady said he's even heard the question from his father this week.
    "My dad said, 'Are you guys going to play this week?' Of course I want to play. I don't want to lose a game. You don't just forfeit these games. Playing Houston, I don't want to see one of them in the offseason and them saying 'Hey, we beat you guys.' Screw that. You have to go out there and play."
    Brady was also asked if he expects to stay in the entire game if the score is close.
    "Sure," he responded. "Close game. Blowout. We get behind. I'm expecting to play the whole game. I wouldn't see why I wouldn't."
    Brady kept things light when he was asked about the comments by Steelers linebacker Lamar Woodley that the Patriots and Benglas would "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers to make the playoffs.
    Asked if he had a response, Brady said he didn't, before playing on the connection between the two -- their Michigan ties.
    "A Michigan guy, that surprises me. Usually we keep our mouths shut. I guess not. I'm going to give [former] Coach [Lloyd] Carr a call and straighten him out."

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I am all in on the Houston ml then all in on the jets

PAULYPOKER

If this is true you will be doing this precisely at 4:00pm cause you will have no $ left to play the jet game and may you

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'm thinking about playing a middle on this one: Texans ML & Pats +7. I think the Pats cover the spread, but Texans pull the win.
    Now this might be the way t play this game. The only worry I have is Bill not resting players as much as some coaches do. I likes to ride momentum in the playoffs..

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18799

12/28/2009 04:28 AM NFL +7 NE Patriots (1/3/10)-110Bookmaker$440.00$400.00

12/28/2009 04:04 AM NFL+7 NE Patriots (1/3/10)-110Bookmaker$330.00$300.00

I took this opening line for fear the line would DROP. I am still content.....
    ...and I may put more down on NE +8.....they WILL cover this.

Hilljacademics

I went and done it again...
    01/01/2010 09:10 AMNFL+8NE Patriots (1/3/10)-110Bookmaker$330.00$300.00

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Hilljacademics View Post
    12/28/2009 04:28 AM NFL +7 NE Patriots (1/3/10)-110Bookmaker$440.00$400.00 12/28/2009 04:04 AM NFL+7 NE Patriots (1/3/10)-110Bookmaker$330.00$300.00 I took this opening line for fear the line would DROP. I am still content..... ...and I may put more down on NE +8.....they WILL cover this.
    You need to take ml +325 $200 to win $650 for some icing on that cake pats will win and don't worry about public cause Belichick fukks the books every chance he gets tell'em charlie sent ya

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

They are resting their players sunday

solepride
    solepride's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to take PATS moneyline. Houston is a proven worthless franchise and probably will choke this away.

alwcb
    alwcb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

I will like to see Pauly still talking all this smack if houston covers. Im not playing the game but sure as hell will be rooting for houston.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    They are resting their players sunday
    Apparently you did not read post#36

PAULYPOKER

alwcb
    Quote Originally Posted by alwcb View Post
    I will like to see Pauly still talking all this smack if houston covers. Im not playing the game but sure as hell will be rooting for houston.
    Stand up for what you believe instead of cowardly worrying what others think

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by alwcb View Post
    Root for Houston cause they are going to need all the help they can get. Here I'll help you out get yourself 2buckets of rabbits feet to rub on every play and if that does not work try wishing in one hand and shitting in the other

Hilljacademics

Hey!!!! I'm on NE.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by hilljacademics View Post
    hey!!!! I'm on ne.
    ml+325????

Hilljacademics

No ML...I'm $1100 strong on NE + the #. Already vested.

Hilljacademics

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

I myself don't understand this line AT ALL, how can you give the Patriots 8 points versus a Houston Texans team?

Sooooo fishy it's mind blowing.

There has got to be something we don't know fellas, the mission right now is to find what that is!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    I myself don't understand this line AT ALL, how can you give the Patriots 8 points versus a Houston Texans team? Sooooo fishy it's mind blowing. There has got to be something we don't know fellas, the mission right now is to find what that is!
    just read this thread entirely

SRBI

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he spoke with coach Bill Belichick this week about his desire to play Sunday against the Texans, and relayed Belichick's response.
    Patriots blog

"You'll play, don't worry about that. You'll be playing."
    Now this is exactly the info that I was looking for

SRBI

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    just read this thread entirely
    Got it! Thanks Pauly

5dimes offering +9 -130 and +7.5 -110 at the moment! Why not grab the extra points with 9?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    Got it! Thanks Pauly

5dimes offering +9 -130 and +7.5 -110 at the moment! Why not grab the extra points with 9?
    Because the 8 and 9 are about the most worthless number in the NFL. Just take the 7.5 and save yourself the juice when you lose this bet.

BTW: Better get used to Brian Hoyer @ QB because he'll be taking the majority of the snaps for the Patriots tomorrow. Pats are going to rest a lot of starters, mark my words.

DetroitRob
    DetroitRob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

lol i wouldnt be too confident cuz they beat a sorry ass Jags team. Last 3 road games...NE 17 Buf 10, Mia 22 NE 21, NO 38 NE 17....These past performances on the road dont worry you?

SRBI

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRob View Post
    lol i wouldnt be too confident cuz they beat a sorry ass Jags team. Last 3 road games...NE 17 Buf 10, Mia 22 NE 21, NO 38 NE 17....These past performances on the road dont worry you?
    Not at all. Winning by 7 and losing by 1 point do not bother me at all seeing as how I'm getting 7-9 points to work with anyway. The NO beat down was expected, why would that one scoreline worry me?

The Texans are not the Saints...

PAULYPOKER

Texans couldn't hold a lead against a high school team

PAULYPOKER

BRADY SAYS HE'LL PLAY 4 QUARTERS:MOSS,WELKER ALSO PLANNING TO PLAY ON SUNDAY

January 1 Houston Chronicle
    "Quarterback Tom Brady will start for New England on Sunday when the Patriots close the regular season against the Texans at Reliant Stadium. Because the Patriots (10-5) have clinched the AFC East title but can't get a first-round bye in the playoffs, there was speculation that coach Bill Belichick might rest his starters. During his Thursday news conference, Brady told the media that he would be starting. Brady was asked what Belichick had told him. "He says, 'You'll play. Don't worry about that,'?" Brady said. The Texans can expect to see Brady, receivers Randy Moss and Wes Welker and all the healthy New England starters. How long they play remains to be seen. "I expect (to play the whole game if it’s a)] close game, blowout, if we get behind,” he said. “I’m expecting to play the whole game,” Brady said. “I wouldn’t see why I wouldn’t. “This is a meaningful game for us. It’s a meaningful game for them, too.
    “It would be great for us to win on the road in a really tough environment against a damn good team. I want to have a great game against a team who’s fighting for their playoff lives and has a lot of great players and really challenges you in some different ways. I don’t want to lose a game. …
    “I don’t want to lose a game. It’s not like you just forfeit these games for us. I’m playing Houston. I don’t want them in the offseason to see one of these guys and be like, ‘Hey, we beat you guys.’ Screw that. I just think you’ve got to go out there and play.”

PAULYPOKER

The Texans can expect to see Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker and all the New England starters.

By JOHN McCLAIN
    Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle

DetroitRob
    DetroitRob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

I would be downright surprised if those starters played all game and It took all of the NE starters to beat Buf, lose to Miami, and get hammered by NO.

SRBI

Gotta love the non-believers, thanks guys!

PAULYPOKER

Brady wants to play

He sees value in regular-season finale

FOXBOROUGH - The playoff berth is clinched. The last game of the regular season is two days away. Yet Tom Brady isn’t interested in rest. He wants to play Sunday against the Texans in Houston, so much so that he shared his thoughts with coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick’s response, according to Brady: “You’ll play. Don’t worry about that. You’ll be playing.’’

While some view this as a chance for the Patriots to get players healthy for the playoffs, Brady declared Sunday’s game far from meaningless. If anything, he said, the Patriots are interested in building momentum that could carry over into the postseason.

“I think as players we don’t factor into any of those decisions that Coach Belichick makes,’’ Bra dy said. “It’s our job to prepare to play, and I certainly am. I’m out there doing all of my regular practice stuff.

“I want to play and I want to do great, and I want to have a great game against a team who’s fighting for their playoff lives and has a lot of great players, and really challenges you in some different ways.

“This is a meaningful game for us. It’s a meaningful game for them, too. It would be great for us to go and win on the road in a really tough environment against a good team.’’

The Texans need a victory and some help to make the playoffs. Seedings also could be affected by the result. But with a playoff spot clinched, there has been talk of Patriot players resting. Brady sat out of practice Wednesday with listed injuries to his right shoulder, right finger, and rib, but returned yesterday and had limited participation.

Aside from the health concerns, Sunday’s game could give the Patriots a chance to play with a full lineup, something that hasn’t happened in a while.

Brady was asked his thoughts on the Colts pulling Peyton Manning in the third quarter last Sunday, when they lost to the Jets, ending their undefeated season. Whether an undefeated season is on the line or not, a loss is hard to take, according to Brady.

“Losing in general stinks,’’ Brady said. “My dad said, ‘Are you guys going to play this week?’ Of course, I want to play. I don’t want to lose a game. It’s not like you just forfeit these games for us. I’m playing Houston. I don’t want them in the offseason to see one of these guys and be like, ‘Hey, we beat you guys.’ Screw that. I just think you’ve got to go out there and play.’’

There has been plenty for Brady to build on as he enters this weekend. On Tuesday, he was named to the Pro Bowl for the fifth time, and he was selected AFC Offensive Player of the Week (for the third time this season) for his performance in last Sunday’s 35-7 win over the Jaguars.If Brady plays in Houston, the possibility exists that he will be hit by the player who ended his 2008 season. Safety Bernard Pollard, now a Texan, was with the Chiefs last year and hit Brady in the left knee, resulting in torn ligaments.

“I don’t have many feelings toward that,’’ Brady said. “That play has really come and gone in my mind. He’s a real good player for them, does some good things for them. He’s someone we have to do a good job keeping away from the quarterback. No real feelings other than that.’’

Pollard said he isn’t interested in rehashing the past but understood why the topic is of interest and that it may stick with him the rest of his career.

“It doesn’t bother me,’’ Pollard told reporters in Houston. “It happened in the game, and when the game is over, I leave everything on the field. It was nothing intentional. Me and him, we’ve talked indirectly and I’m pretty sure we’ll speak on Sunday. But like I said, it’s football, you take the good with the bad.

“When stuff like that happens to any other quarterback - I’m pretty sure if [Houston’s Matt] Schaub would’ve gone down with something like that, it wouldn’t be as big as it was with Brady. You understand the monster you’re dealing with.’’

Brady returned this season and didn’t appear to show any ill effects from the injury. With a playoff game in the near future, Brady said he is seeing increased consistency from his teammates.

“I think we found some things late in the year that we really like doing and I think the level of play has gone up consistently over the course of the year,’’ Brady said. “It’s a good time for the playoffs for all of us to really be clicking and getting things the way we need them, a lot like we were last week. I’d love to see us go out there and put together another great week.’’

Adam Kilgore of the Globe staff contributed to this report;

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The editor-in-chief of patriots football weekly says that starters will get very little play & he predicted the score. can't remember what it was but about a 12 point loss for pats.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    The editor-in-chief of patriots football weekly says that starters will get very little play & he predicted the score. can't remember what it was but about a 12 point loss for pats.

SRBI

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    Right, and where did you see this? If TV, what channel? If online article, paste the link...

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

Watch out guys this is trouble

marabdl86
    marabdl86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pauly Poker you obviously have your mind made up. I think you have some doubt yourself. Texans in a blowout

First 123 Last