PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

W.T.F. PATS@HOU line clueless

what the HELL is Houston giving Patriots 8 points for does anybody have a clue what is going on here we all know Belichik
    does not rest players and it's always full throttle for his team not like the pussy Colts so whats up?

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18727

I am on NE +7 -110 (Bookmaker). This line will drop.....I'll take the value now.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm thinking about playing a middle on this one: Texans ML & Pats +7. I think the Pats cover the spread, but Texans pull the win.

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I like the Pats too. They should win straight up

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Over

Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats are more than likely resting their players.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Pats!!!!!!!!!!!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Zubi View Post
    Pats are more than likely resting their players.
    Belichik
    does not rest players and it's always full throttle for his team not like the pussy Colts so whats up?

Hilljacademics

It's up to HOU -7.5, -8 at JustBet.......IMHO it's going the WRONG WAY. Public perception can lead you to the cliff....it's up to us whether or not we jump. I have NE +7 and I am content.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

you gotta believe that with the pats not getting a bye and brady banged up they are using this as there bye week....not to mention why wouldnt pats lay down and let hou get in instead of pit or some other tough team....week 17 is no fun.....be careful and gl..

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you gotta believe that with the pats not getting a bye and brady banged up they are using this as there bye week....not to mention why wouldnt pats lay down and let hou get in instead of pit or some other tough team....week 17 is no fun.....be careful and gl..
    Hey bank we are talking Belichik here not Caldwell the puppet. Belichik hates to lose at anything and has no sympathy for losers meaning who ever plays for him does well I don't care if they just came out of a dumpster and suited up they will give their all for Belichik

Hilljacademics

I agree with you....I'm not a big fan of week 17 betting, but I have no confidence whatsoever in Houston winning (or covering) a 'clutch' game. What the Texans did yesterday in the first quarter and a half was impressive, on the road in Miami. But that game was a tale of two halves, and they are fortunate to have escaped with a win. If this was HOU -3 or even -4, I'm not going near it. I just believe 7 is too steep, even if Brady gets pulled in favor of Hoyer. I won't rant on public vs. sharp perception, but as I look at the line movements in week 17, the money is being bet INTO the particular playoff scenarios. That is a mistake more often than not.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Hilljacademics View Post
    I agree with you....I'm not a big fan of week 17 betting, but I have no confidence whatsoever in Houston winning (or covering) a 'clutch' game. What the Texans did yesterday in the first quarter and a half was impressive, on the road in Miami. But that game was a tale of two halves, and they are fortunate to have escaped with a win. If this was HOU -3 or even -4, I'm not going near it. I just believe 7 is too steep, even if Brady gets pulled in favor of Hoyer. I won't rant on public vs. sharp perception, but as I look at the line movements in week 17, the money is being bet INTO the particular playoff scenarios. That is a mistake more often than not.
    very true i myself years ago would fall for taking a team cause they "have to win" ive learned the hard way (is there another way?) that more often than not teams that "have to" win dont and its usually against bad teams....personally doubt ill be playing much of anything this week and gl to any1 who does....the bright side is the worst weekend in the nfl is quickly followed but what has always been 1 of my best and most profitable weekends...bring on the wild card round

Hilljacademics

very true i myself years ago would fall for taking a team cause they "have to win" ive learned the hard way (is there another way?) that more often than not teams that "have to" win dont and its usually against bad teams....personally doubt ill be playing much of anything this week and gl to any1 who does....the bright side is the worst weekend in the nfl is quickly followed but what has always been 1 of my best and most profitable weekends...bring on the wild card round

PAULYPOKER

Pats=dddeeepppttthhh!

PAULYPOKER

"When it comes to NFL coaches, only Bill Belichick may be more reviled among Steelers fans than Jim Caldwell these days. Caldwell's decision to yank his starters in the third quarter of a game that the Colts were leading Sunday may have also pulled the plug on the Steelers' season. Had the Colts beaten the Jets -- and it's hard to envision that not happening had the incomparable Peyton Manning been allowed to finish what he started -- the Steelers would have had a much easier path to the playoffs. All they would have had to do is beat the Dolphins and have the Patriots beat the Texans. True, New England has already clinched the AFC East title but Belichick is the anti-Caldwell. He always ..."

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by paulypoker View Post
    "when it comes to nfl coaches, only bill belichick may be more reviled among steelers fans than jim caldwell these days. Caldwell's decision to yank his starters in the third quarter of a game that the colts were leading sunday may have also pulled the plug on the steelers' season. Had the colts beaten the jets -- and it's hard to envision that not happening had the incomparable peyton manning been allowed to finish what he started -- the steelers would have had a much easier path to the playoffs. All they would have had to do is beat the dolphins and have the patriots beat the texans. True, new england has already clinched the afc east title but belichick is the anti-caldwell. He always ..."
    Plays to win the game!!!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Plays to win the game!!!
    He'll be playing with Brian Hoyer, Julian Edelman, Sam Aiken.

PAULYPOKER

slacker00 Texans -8, ML

hope you have a bailout game on your mind

Pats=dddeeepppttthhh!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

what the HELL is Houston giving Patriots 8 points for does anybody have a clue what is going on here we all know Belichik
    does not rest players
    and it's always full throttle for his team not like the pussy Colts so whats up?
    He will here.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    He will here.
    Does not matter why? Pats=dddeeepppttthhh!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Does not matter why? Pats=dddeeepppttthhh!
    That's a different story, but you can tell from this line alone that starters will not play much, if at all.

PAULYPOKER

Well we shall see on Sunday

slacker00

Well we shall see on Sunday
    You must like Brian Hoyer. Brady will be lucky to see more than one quarter.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I think I'll sit out all teams who have a playoff spot locked this year. Hell, even the teams playing lesser teams fighting for their playoff lives have laid eggs.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    i think i'll sit out all teams who have a playoff spot locked this year. Hell, even the teams playing lesser teams fighting for their playoff lives have laid eggs.
    not a bad idea but i am pissed about the nfl in general

PAULYPOKER

December 29 Boston Herald *PATRIOTS* PLAY POSSIBILITIES

"The debates rage on outside Gillette Stadium. All over New England, fans are offering their own opinions on the question of how many starters should play in the Patriots' finale against the Texans. Yet it's not clear how fiery the deliberation is inside Bill Belichick's head. The coach offered no insight yesterday, one day after throttling the Jaguars, 35-7. He did describe his, um, philosophy. "I do what's best for our football team," Belichick said. "That's my philosophy." The AFC East title is already rooted in Foxboro. Only seeding is undecided. A win means the Patriots are the No. 3 seed, and a loss (coupled with a win by No. 4 Cincinnati) hands the Pats the fourth seed. The third ..."

PAULYPOKER

December 30 Boston Herald Defense contains high confidence level

With his finger on the pulse of his players, Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees has no trouble gauging the unit's mindset after three stellar performances. "Guys are gaining some confidence back," Pees said yesterday. "I think they lost it a little bit there midway in the season. We had a couple rough goes at it and anytime that happens your confidence gets a little bit down. Once you start having some success, that confidence grows." The defense has allowed 27 points over the past three games, fewer than any other team in that span. The 888 yards allowed is better than all but two teams over the past three weeks. The unit received a boost from captain and linebacker Jerod Mayo, who ..."

PAULYPOKER

December 30 Boston Globe They looked coordinated on offense

"Bill O'Brien wears a headset and carries a play sheet on Patriots game days. He
    has the same title, quarterbacks coach, that Josh McDaniels had in his one-year apprenticeship before officially replacing Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator in 2006. He's the one Tom Brady consults with between plays, and the one who sends substitutes in and out of the game. Only he doesn't have the coordinator title."

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

PATS and the POINTS

Belichick is a believer in MOMENTUM unlike the Colts.

Pat D especially eager for some muscle flexing.

lb49ers
    lb49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16786

New England plus the points look really appealing

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

So now I'm confused what to do... Anyone here billicheck talk about it?

Jag8917
    Jag8917's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats are 2-5 on the road people. Plus, the Pats aren't the Pats we used to all fear anymore... I'm avoiding this game.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Jag8917 View Post
    Pats are 2-5 on the road people. Plus, the Pats aren't the Pats we used to all fear anymore... I'm avoiding this game.
    You must be living under a rock Patriot's are alive&well thanks to thrash talk
    ever since Panthers corner Chris Gamble bad mouthed Moss saying he does not participate in plays when he is not the primary target. Randy moss has been unstoppable from that moment on and this just sparked a uncontrollable blazing inferno of determination in the whole ENTIRE team.

123 Last