Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buffalo Bills 80-1 to win the Super Bowl!

This line is a joke. They should be 40-1 or 50-1 at the very worst. This roster is STACKED with talent on both sides of the ball. If EJ Manuel comes together, and I know that's a big if, they win 10+ games. Drop some cash on the 80-1 number while you can, and then you'll get yourself some great opportunities to hedge when they make the playoffs. They may even finally edge out the Pats for the division this season. Much more talented roster as a whole. Take a look at who will probably see the most PT this year...

QB - EJ Manuel - He looked promising at times last year, but a couple of freaky knee injuries really set him back. Up to him to take the next step. I think he will.
    RB - CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown, Anthony Dixon - That is one hell of a running back room...
    WR - Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin - Arguably the most talented group of young WRs in the league. Robert Woods is Stevie Johnson Jr, so nothing hurt there.
    TE - Scott Chandler, Tony Moeaki, Chris Gragg - This position is a question mark.
    LT - Cordy Glenn
    LG - Chris Williams/Cyril Richardson
    C - Eric Wood
    RG - Kraig Urbik
    RT - Cyrus Kouandjio - The Bills really solidified their line with the Kouandjio pickup. He's a steal in the 2nd round. Getting a two-time Big 12 offensive lineman of the year in Richardson during the 5th is also great value. Cordy Glenn is one of the best left tackles in the game that no one talks about. Wood is also a very good player.

Here's where it really gets good...

LE - Manny Lawson/Jerry Hughes
    DT - Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, Allen Branch, Corbin Bryant
    RE - Mario Williams, Jarius Wynn - This defensive line will be among the best in football.
    OLB - Kiko Alonso, Keith Rivers, Nigel Bradham - Alonso was an absolute stud right out of the gate and Keith Rivers is a solid addition via FA, although he has never lived up to the hype out of USC.
    ILB - Brandon Spikes, Preston Brown - Two THUMPERS in the middle. Spikes best run stopping MLB in the game, and Brown is a Spikes-clone.
    CB - Stephon Gilmore, Leodis McKelvin, Nickell Robey, Ross Cockrell, Ron Brooks - Gilmore is the next Revis (trust me), McKelvin finally looked like a top-10 pick last season and Robey had as good a season as any nickel back.
    S - Aaron Williams, Corey Graham - Aaron Williams took a BIG step last year, and I think they signed Graham to play safety. He can do it. One of my favorite FA signings.

Bottom line: This roster is as good as any in the NFL outside of Seattle, Denver and San Francisco, IMO. This is the year really challenge the Pats for the AFC East crown all the way up until week 17 and they WILL make the playoffs, and that is when you can start collecting on that 80-1 bet.

I'll be putting $200 on it myself.

I also like Arizona at 50-1, Pittsburgh at 35-1 and New Orleans at 25-1 and Philly at 25-1. Good value on all.

Worst bets are Atlanta, Kansas City and Houston all at 40-1. All three of these teams are going to suck this year, and I'll be betting the under on all of their season totals.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Lol a Jills fan proclaiming they are the kings if the world again. Save your 200 bucks.

Bagman5

Quote Originally Posted by TakingVegasMoney View Post
    Lol a Jills fan proclaiming they are the kings if the world again. Save your 200 bucks.
    Why don't you tell me what you don't like about their roster? The quarterback is unproven, but tell me what other team in the AFC East has a better all around roster and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Tough division. I'm not really sold on EJ either. But otherwise, the roster is the best they've had in decades.
    Points Awarded:

Bagman5 gave slacker00 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bagman5

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Tough division. I'm not really sold on EJ either. But otherwise, the roster is the best they've had in decades.
    It is up to EJ. If he plays even on an Alex Smith-level, they win 9-11 games. I'm as big a Tom Brady fan as there is, but he's going to start falling off at some point soon. And when he does, that roster around him simply isn't talented enough to overcome it. The Jets and Dolphins don't scare me either. Jets have a decent roster, especially along the defensive front, but I'm not a Geno Smith believer. In Miami, I do like Tannehill, but the offense he has around him leaves A LOT to be desired.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

whats the odds on them making the playoffs as a wild card?

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha the day the bills win a Super Bowl you'll probably be dead. Ej Manuel really sucks and they got rid of their stud receiver Stevie Johnson. They struggle to score from what I remember last year. They do have a good running game and I do like their front seven but their offense is mediocre at best. Also they ain't never beating the patriots for the division.

Bagman5

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Haha the day the bills win a Super Bowl you'll probably be dead. Ej Manuel really sucks and they got rid of their stud receiver Stevie Johnson. They struggle to score from what I remember last year. They do have a good running game and I do like their front seven but their offense is mediocre at best. Also they ain't never beating the patriots for the division.
    Manuel's season was pretty much lost by injuries last year, he played pretty well when he was out there considering he had less practice time than any other quarterback in the league as a rookie. And Stevie Johnson is not a "stud" receiver. Dude had 15 touchdowns his last three seasons combined. Mike Williams had 23 his last three full seasons. And Watkins is already better than SJ. Watkins is the best receiver to come out since AJ Green. And to your first point, the Bills don't need to win the Super Bowl to make a bunch of money off this bet, they just need to get into the playoffs and then you can start hedging. That's why this bet has so much value.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I love how all of you homers come out this time of year and tell us how well your team will do. 80-1 to win the Superbowl? It may as well be 800-1. Teams like Seattle, San Francisco, New Orleans, and Green Bay would crush this team. There is no way that they get past the Patsies, much less Denver, San Diego, Pitt, Baltimore, or even Indy. They finish with three aay games at Denver, Oakland, and New England. The one home game mixed in with the final 4 of the season is against Green Bay. Three guaranteed losses right there. Add on an opening day loss at Chicago and a split in their division and you are looking at 9-7 at best, and that does NOT make the playoffs. Now go disappear for another season. See you next year at this time.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 05-14-14 at 11:01 AM.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's all about the quarterback now a days and ej Manuel was so bad even before his injuries. The guy sucks in the pocket real bad. I'd start looking for a new QB after what I saw last year from Manuel if I were the buffalo bills GM.

Bagman5

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I love how all of you homers come out this time of year and tell us how well your team will do. 80-1 to win the Superbowl? It may as well be 800-1. Teams like Seattle, San Francisco, New Orleans, and Green Bay would crush this team. There is no way that they get past the Patsies, much less Denver, San Diego, Pitt, Baltimore, or even Indy. They finish with three aay games at Denver, Oakland, and New England. The one home game mixed in with the final 4 of the season is against Green Bay. Three guaranteed losses right there. Add on an opening day loss at Chicago and a split in their division and you are looking at 9-7 at best, and that does NOT make the playoffs. Now go disappear for another season. See you next year at this time.
    Who the hell knows how any of the teams on their schedule are going to look this year, much less by the last third of the year? Great argument, you clown. I posted what will likely be their starting roster this starting roster this season. If EJ makes the jump year two, like so many quarterbacks have before, tell me how they don't have the roster to be a playoff team? Use some facts, not just pointing out teams that are usually good and saying "BUT THEY PLAY THEM!!!!". Joker.

Bagman5

Talking about "Guaranteed losses" in f*cking May. You're a joke, bro.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Bagman5 View Post
    It is up to EJ. If he plays even on an Alex Smith-level, they win 9-11 games. I'm as big a Tom Brady fan as there is, but he's going to start falling off at some point soon. And when he does, that roster around him simply isn't talented enough to overcome it. The Jets and Dolphins don't scare me either. Jets have a decent roster, especially along the defensive front, but I'm not a Geno Smith believer. In Miami, I do like Tannehill, but the offense he has around him leaves A LOT to be desired.
    Alex Smith plays on a very high level, EJ will never be on that level. EJ should aspire to RW's level: 200YPG.

Tom Brady still has 3 good years left. There's no evidence he's slowing down. I'll believe it when the Bills beat him @NE.

Bagman5

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Alex Smith plays on a very high level, EJ will never be on that level. EJ should aspire to RW's level: 200YPG.

Tom Brady still has 3 good years left. There's no evidence he's slowing down. I'll believe it when the Bills beat him @NE.
    So, Alex Smith plays on a higher level than Russ Wilson? Or did I misinterpret that?

Also, regardless of your answer to that question, to say that EJ "will never be on that level" when referring to Alex Smith is foolish. Kid has about 10 starts under his belt, none when fully healthy.

slacker00

So, Alex Smith plays on a higher level than Russ Wilson? Or did I misinterpret that?

Also, regardless of your answer to that question, to say that EJ "will never be on that level" when referring to Alex Smith is foolish. Kid has about 10 starts under his belt, none when fully healthy.
    Yes, Alex Smith is very underrated. We'll see about EJ, he's proven little so far.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Bills will be bills.

That's all you need to know. Maybe worth $15.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

So the over 6.5 wins should be a gift to you.....

slacker00

The Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995, that's the best reason to pass on this bet.

TakingVegasMoney

Once you said Brandon spikes is the best runstopping ILB in the nfl.. You lost all credibility. Profootball focus doesn't even have him the top 5. You are really discounting the loss of Pettine. He worked wonders with that front defensive line. Your HC is trash. He should have stuck to college and EJ is the 4th best QB, hell maybe even the 5th best QB in the division. Like I said earlier. Save your 200 bucks

Bagman5

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    So the over 6.5 wins should be a gift to you.....
    Yes, it's an absolute gift. There's just more money to be made come playoff time with the 80-1 odds. Hedge, hedge, hedge.

Bagman5

Once you said Brandon spikes is the best runstopping ILB in the nfl.. You lost all credibility. Profootball focus doesn't even have him the top 5. You are really discounting the loss of Pettine. He worked wonders with that front defensive line. Your HC is trash. He should have stuck to college and EJ is the 4th best QB, hell maybe even the 5th best QB in the division. Like I said earlier. Save your 200 bucks
    I'm not sure what numbers you are seeing, but PFF had him ranked number one, by a wide margin, in their tackling efficiency rankings from this past season. If you are trying to say that Brandon Spikes isn't one of the best runstopping backers in the game, then you're the one who has lost all credibility. You can pick apart his play in the passing game all you want, but he literally makes teams want to quit on running the football. Pettine is a loss, but Jim Schwartz knows how to coach defense, and they also know damn well what worked last year. It's not going to be a completely different scheme by any means.

Lastly, you might think that Doug Marrone should have "stuck to college", but most of the NFL, Sean Payton in particular, would vehemently disagree with you. Payton's probably a good judge of this whole coaching thing, eh?

TakingVegasMoney

I'm not sure what numbers you are seeing, but PFF had him ranked number one, by a wide margin, in their tackling efficiency rankings from this past season. If you are trying to say that Brandon Spikes isn't one of the best runstopping backers in the game, then you're the one who has lost all credibility. You can pick apart his play in the passing game all you want, but he literally makes teams want to quit on running the football. Pettine is a loss, but Jim Schwartz knows how to coach defense, and they also know damn well what worked last year. It's not going to be a completely different scheme by any means.

Lastly, you might think that Doug Marrone should have "stuck to college", but most of the NFL, Sean Payton in particular, would vehemently disagree with you. Payton's probably a good judge of this whole coaching thing, eh?
    stop changing what you said. You said he was THE BEST RUNSTOPPING LB IN THE NFL. now you are saying he is the best tackling linebacker in the league. Make up your mind.

Jim Schwartz knows defense? My ass he does. He had all that talent up front for Detroit and finished:
    2013 - 16th
    2012 - 13th
    2011 - 23rd
    2010 - 21st
    2009 - 32nd

he knows defense all right.. He knows it so well he's never had a top 10 defense in total yards in 5 years in Detroit. Let's take a look at Tennessee when he only specialized in defense from 01-08!

2001 - 27th
    2002 - 31st
    2003 - 24th
    2004 - 22nd
    2005 - 19th
    2006 - 32nd
    2007 - 32nd
    2008 - 32nd

Take a look at those numbers... Are you kidding me??? That's who the Bills hired as their DC!!!! GOODLUCK! Jim Schwartz is one of the worst coaches in the league. Every year we hear the Jill's fans come out from under their rocks this time of year only to be watching meaningless football by week 7. Maybe the third times the charm... SAVE YOUR 200$ and take off the red and blue glasses!

Bagman5

stop changing what you said. You said he was THE BEST RUNSTOPPING LB IN THE NFL. now you are saying he is the best tackling linebacker in the league. Make up your mind.

Jim Schwartz knows defense? My ass he does. He had all that talent up front for Detroit and finished:
    2013 - 16th
    2012 - 13th
    2011 - 23rd
    2010 - 21st
    2009 - 32nd

he knows defense all right.. He knows it so well he's never had a top 10 defense in total yards in 5 years in Detroit. Let's take a look at Tennessee when he only specialized in defense from 01-08!

2001 - 27th
    2002 - 31st
    2003 - 24th
    2004 - 22nd
    2005 - 19th
    2006 - 32nd
    2007 - 32nd
    2008 - 32nd

Take a look at those numbers... Are you kidding me??? That's who the Bills hired as their DC!!!! GOODLUCK! Jim Schwartz is one of the worst coaches in the league. Every year we hear the Jill's fans come out from under their rocks this time of year only to be watching meaningless football by week 7. Maybe the third times the charm... SAVE YOUR 200$ and take off the red and blue glasses!
    No clue where you are getting your numbers from. The Titans were 5th in ypg defensively in 2007 and 7th in 2008 under Schwartz so I'll just stop right there. You think he would've got the Detroit HC job with numbers like the ones you pulled from thin air?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

TakingVegasMoney

No clue where you are getting your numbers from. The Titans were 5th in ypg defensively in 2007 and 7th in 2008 under Schwartz so I'll just stop right there. You think he would've got the Detroit HC job with numbers like the ones you pulled from thin air?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go
    My apologies. I had a brain fart and reverted back to the Detroit lions in 07/08. Nonetheless, my stance still doesn't change about Schwartz. So in 13 years he has one top 5 finish and 2 top 10 defenses. You're still sold with this guy? He is absolute trash. Pettine is miles upon miles better than this schmuck.

We didn't even get into a debate about your QB yet. at best he's the 4th best in the division. Brady and Vick are miles ahead of EJ. And Tannenhill is even better than him. Geno smith even showed signs of improvement where he looks better than EJ.

Bagman5

My apologies. I had a brain fart and reverted back to the Detroit lions in 07/08. Nonetheless, my stance still doesn't change about Schwartz. So in 13 years he has one top 5 finish and 2 top 10 defenses. You're still sold with this guy? He is absolute trash. Pettine is miles upon miles better than this schmuck.

We didn't even get into a debate about your QB yet. at best he's the 4th best in the division. Brady and Vick are miles ahead of EJ. And Tannenhill is even better than him. Geno smith even showed signs of improvement where he looks better than EJ.
    I won't argue that Pettine isn't a great defensive coach, he will be missed, but members of his staff from last season remain. It isn't like they're going to forget what worked and completely abandon it. And stealing Pepper Johnson from New England is huge. That guy is going to be a very good defensive coordinator someday.

As far as the quarterbacks, Brady is obviously still king, but to say that Vick is miles ahead of any quarterback in the league is simply untrue. I do like Tannehill, it's just too bad the rest of the offense around him is pretty awful. Geno Smith sucks. EJ Manuel is very unproven, this is true, but he dealt with a lot of injuries and adversity in his first season and played pretty well despite it. Anytime a rookie quarterback has a positive td:int ratio, albeit by one in his case, that is a decent sign. Not every rookie can come out of the gates like a Russ Wilson or Cam Newton.

Bagman5

I don't want to keep rubbing it in that you don't know what you're talking about, but from a PFF article today...

"Spikes, as our highest-graded run-defending inside linebacker for two years running, is likely assured a starting spot, but there’s reason to believe Bradham can be the one to win the job aside him and Alonso."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...buffalo-bills/

slacker00

Yes, it's an absolute gift. There's just more money to be made come playoff time with the 80-1 odds. Hedge, hedge, hedge.
    Even if the Bills make the playoffs, they'll still be close to 80-1.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This Buffalo Homer is so full of caca that if someone beat it out of him, he would be transparent. If he really thinks that Buffalo will finish ahead of New England, I have some Beach Front Property in Kansas to sell him. You refuse to talk about Buffalo's schedule. the fact is that best, they go 9-7 and that WILL NOT get you to the playoffs. I will be looking for you all season. You are one homer that is not going to disappear.

TakingVegasMoney

I won't argue that Pettine isn't a great defensive coach, he will be missed, but members of his staff from last season remain. It isn't like they're going to forget what worked and completely abandon it. And stealing Pepper Johnson from New England is huge. That guy is going to be a very good defensive coordinator someday.

As far as the quarterbacks, Brady is obviously still king, but to say that Vick is miles ahead of any quarterback in the league is simply untrue. I do like Tannehill, it's just too bad the rest of the offense around him is pretty awful. Geno Smith sucks. EJ Manuel is very unproven, this is true, but he dealt with a lot of injuries and adversity in his first season and played pretty well despite it. Anytime a rookie quarterback has a positive td:int ratio, albeit by one in his case, that is a decent sign. Not every rookie can come out of the gates like a Russ Wilson or Cam Newton.
    Why are you putting words into my mouth? I never said Vick was miles ahead of any quarterback in the league. I said he is much much better than a 3rd year RYAN TANNENNILL and two second year QBs in smith and EJ;There is no denying that. Smith and EJ are going to be compared for the majority of their careers as they were the 1st and 2nd QBs taken last year. Since everyone loves to ram the QBR stat down people's throats.. How about this one for shits and giggles -- guess who had the second highest QBR for the final 4 weeks of the season? Yup, geno smith. Smith looked much better in his last 4 games than EJ looked all season. EJ has already shown he can't stay on the field too. in addition, if EJ isn't the guy, this Sammy Watkins trade is going to set back the franchise for 2 years (at least) before you do have a shot at another top pick as you won't have one next year.

TakingVegasMoney

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This Buffalo Homer is so full of caca that if someone beat it out of him, he would be transparent. If he really thinks that Buffalo will finish ahead of New England, I have some Beach Front Property in Kansas to sell him. You refuse to talk about Buffalo's schedule. the fact is that best, they go 9-7 and that WILL NOT get you to the playoffs. I will be looking for you all season. You are one homer that is not going to disappear.
    Yes he will. When football is meaningless for him by week 7 he won't have much to say. It's the same every year. They all come out from underneath their rocks and say how it's their year this year... I'm just trying to be friendly and help save this guy 200$.

Bagman5

I'll be here all season, boys. I'll give you some winners along the way that have nothing to do with the Bills, too. Mark my words though, the Bills will make the playoffs. And 9-7 might be enough to do it. The AFC is weak, weak, weak outside of Denver.

And Vegas Money, you need a lesson in reading comprehension - My point about Vick was to say that he is miles ahead of any quarterback in the league, like you said he was in comparison to Manuel, is just silly. I didn't take your point out of context at all.

TakingVegasMoney

I'll be here all season, boys. I'll give you some winners along the way that have nothing to do with the Bills, too. Mark my words though, the Bills will make the playoffs. And 9-7 might be enough to do it. The AFC is weak, weak, weak outside of Denver.

And Vegas Money, you need a lesson in reading comprehension - My point about Vick was to say that he is miles ahead of any quarterback in the league, like you said he was in comparison to Manuel, is just silly. I didn't take your point out of context at all.
    Ok. We will end it at that. Best of luck... Don't disappear on me around week 7 when your season is over and your 80:1 Super Bowl odds is shot!!!

Bagman5

Ok. We will end it at that. Best of luck... Don't disappear on me around week 7 when your season is over and your 80:1 Super Bowl odds is shot!!!
    It was a good debate. And I won't!

billykaykay
    billykaykay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could you give me an example of your hedge if the Bills get to the playoffs. Thanks.

TakingVegasMoney

It was a good debate. And I won't!
    Agreed. Always down for a good debate pal.

12 Last