Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by billykaykay View Post
    Could you give me an example of your hedge if the Bills get to the playoffs. Thanks.
    If you have the Bills at the 80-1 number or something similar for a decent amount of money, you bet the ML on the first team they are playing in the playoffs and each round thereafter if the Bills end up winning. The amount you bet just depends on how much of your potential profit you want to risk. If you put the $200 I was talking about, you'd stand to win $16k if they win the Super Bowl, so as I said, just making the playoffs would guarantee a huge profit if you bet the ML on the other side.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Bagman5 View Post
    If you have the Bills at the 80-1 number or something similar for a decent amount of money, you bet the ML on the first team they are playing in the playoffs and each round thereafter if the Bills end up winning. The amount you bet just depends on how much of your potential profit you want to risk. If you put the $200 I was talking about, you'd stand to win $16k if they win the Super Bowl, so as I said, just making the playoffs would guarantee a huge profit if you bet the ML on the other side.
    It's not clear at all. If the Bills face @NE, @DEN, etc in the playoffs, you'll be laying heavy odds.

For Bills backers, it's more sensible to bet them throughout the season rather than bet them then bet against them.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Bills making the playoffs is a more reasonable bet than winning the super bowl.

Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's not clear at all. If the Bills face @NE, @DEN, etc in the playoffs, you'll be laying heavy odds.

For Bills backers, it's more sensible to bet them throughout the season rather than bet them then bet against them.
    Even if they're about 7-8 point dog on the road in the first round, which seems like it would be the worst case scenario if they make the playoffs, you'd still only be laying about -300 on the ML the other way. You could put $2k on that if you wanted and still have $10k left over if the Bills pull the upset...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I say this is an awful bet.

First 12