Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

CHARGERS/BRONCOS: Sunday Night . . .

Both teams 7-2, tiebreaker implications (rematch slated for
    December in SD). Did I read in another thread that Marty's never won in DEN? In their last 4 losses at INvesco, SD has scored a total of 48 points. Rivers' first game in DEN. Den allowing 86 yds rsuh/game . . . Tomlinson's career rush/game
    avg in DEN is 52.8 yds/ game (5 games). Big test for NFL's
    stat-leading offense. Will SD watch the IND tapes and try to beat DEN the same way? Denver's D banged up a bit. LB Ian
    Gold questionaable and two ends Ekubun and Chukarah sat
    last week. DEN will watch CIN game tapes and try and exploit
    SD's pass defense? Can SD defend the big play to Jason Walker? Plummer 7-2 vs SD career. DEN run game struggling.
    Last week in effort to spark something Shannahan put in Nash for Bell and he went 63 yds.

Writing this on Sat a.m. my lean is to DEN - 2.5.

Let's get the discussion going . . .
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 11-18-06 at 08:32 PM.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

The home team historically wins this matchup. I like Denver at less than a field goal.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

This is a tough tough call - but I'm on the Broncos. I hate betting against SD, but they aren't going to be as good as they were at Cinci last week. SD, traditionally, is not as good on the road. It should be a damn fine game, though. Definitly the game of the week.

Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marty is 0-7 in Denver....Denver to cover

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Its a no play for me.

But I dont see how the Bronco offense can score points in this one. They have a hard time as it is, and the Chargers have a decent defense. I think the Chargers will find different ways to break that Bronco defense.

So I like the Chargers to win here.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't have thought Plumber will be throwing for 440 this week. I'll take what i perceive to be the stronger team and the points.

McBa1n
    Update your status

It's important to note that Luis Castillo is MOST LIKELY out again this week.
    Notice SD's pash rush against a VERY banged up Cinci O line last week?
    Yeah - I didn't either.
    I am concerned about Denver's D line vs SD's O Line. I don't think EITHER team can generate a pass rush.
    I think Plummer needs time to be effective more than Rivers. Plummer makes horrible horrible decisions. He'll have time to throw - and that right there is a big deal to me - and probably the difference.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I love the Chargers +3 this week.

I keep looking at the standings and SD loss against KC has really put them in a pinch. If the Chargers want to win there division they must win this game. If they lose the will be realistically 2 games behind Denver. The Chargers D was awful last week as Sammy and I were talking it looked like the fix was on. The Chargers D will show up tonight and you heard it here Chargers win by 13. Go against the trend and look for Martyball to get his first win in Denver.

Then again I may be a little bias because I am huge Charger fan and season ticket holder. All bs aside Chargers look good tonight.
    Last edited by hanco21; 11-19-06 at 11:45 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Chargers on the ML in this game.

Checkerboard

If you are pro-DEN, would you take them at -3.5?

square^2
    square^2's Avatar Become A Pro!

den -3
    under 43

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by square^2
    den -3
    under 43
    square^2, I'm with you all the way. I see DEN winning by a
    TD or more . . .

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

got em at -3, I wouldn't at -3.5

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Denver -3 and the under 43

Checkerboard

sometime this evening the juice was lowered on DEN -3 . . .
    there's some 2.5s out there too . . .

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    I love the Chargers +3 this week.

I keep looking at the standings and SD loss against KC has really put them in a pinch. If the Chargers want to win there division they must win this game. If they lose the will be realistically 2 games behind Denver. The Chargers D was awful last week as Sammy and I were talking it looked like the fix was on. The Chargers D will show up tonight and you heard it here Chargers win by 13. Go against the trend and look for Martyball to get his first win in Denver.

Then again I may be a little bias because I am huge Charger fan and season ticket holder. All bs aside Chargers look good tonight.
    Sorry they didn't win by 13 guys. LT...LT....LT....LT...LT

McBa1n
    Update your status

lol, seems like we all lost our asses on this one.
    One of them days, I guess.
    GJ, Denver. A break-even day becomes a LOSER because of them.
    Ah well, 5 out of 6 losing weeks... Thankfully the first 5 were _VERY_ kind and i backed off what I bet per unit since. I'd be panhandling for pennies on the side of the highway,otherwise.

IMO, this was the best FOOTBALL game of the week and probably the season. Both teams are VERY good... It's just, now you have to call Tomlinson _THE_ MVP. Rivers is a great choice, also.... But LT is having a dream season. The guy can flat out play and I regret being against them this week. That's 2 weeks in a row I was against them and 2 weeksin a row they nailed my balls to the floor.
    Lesson learned? Don't bet against the Chargers (this season, sadly, is the first time I've done it, too - and it's BY far their best team in a LONG LONG time).

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

McBain I feel your pain. I too had denver went from a great day to just a little above even day. It's amazing the swings in gambling and how one loss can change your bankroll. Oh well coulda been worst, hopefully tonight we make it right again.