Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Sportsgirl's 1119 picks column

I'm pickin' the upset this week. I really wanted to pick Atlanta and Green Bay, too, but I stopped myself. The Jets and Houston were almost-pick, too. Tough week- too bad everyone just can't play Oakland .

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Romo and the Cowboys will pull the upset over Indianapolis

Romo and the Cowboys will pull the upset over Indianapolis
    OK. I admit it. I watched “Dancing with the Stars.” I’ll also admit to voting for Mario Lopez over former Dallas Cowboy running back Emmitt Smith. However, I’m making up for that in a big way with one of my picks.
    The undefeated Indianapolis Colts head down to Texas to take on the 5-4 Cowboys and I’m calling for the upset. The Colts barely, and I mean barely, squeaked by the Buffalo Bills last weekend, 17-16. New Dallas starting QB Tony Romo went into Arizona last week and won, making him 2-1 as a starter – the one loss coming from Washington 22-19 (notably because Terrell Owen dropped a potential game-winning pass from Romo). Romo, who has passed for at least 270 yards in each of his starts, will be starting for the first time in a home game.
    As for Indy, the question is not whether the Colts remain undefeated, but more so, can they win, -- or even get to -- the Super Bowl? No on both counts from me … COWBOYS.
    San Diego at Denver: A showdown for the AFC West lead pits the NFL’s best offense (San Diego) against the best defense (Denver). Statistically, that is. Last week, Denver squirted out a 17-13 win over the Oakland Raiders, probably the NFL’s worst team. The Chargers on the other hand, charged back last from a 28-7 halftime deficit to score 42 second-half points and defeat Cincinnati, 49-41. Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson scored four touchdowns and rushed for 104 yards. Tomlinson, second in the league in rushing, will need to have another big game to facilitate a win for the … CHARGERS.
    Cincinnati at New Orleans: The No. 1 rated QB in the league – Drew Brees – was definitely the answer for the … SAINTS.
    New England at Green Bay: The Patriots’ first three-game losing streak in three years? Nah – not even the magic of Brett Favre will produce that … PATRIOTS.
    Atlanta at Baltimore: Ravens QB Steve McNair is the comeback kid, while Falcons QB Michael Vick has literally dropped the ball … RAVENS.
    N.Y. Giants at Jacksonville: I know the Giants are injured and I know it’s a road game for them, but when a team loses twice in one season to the Texans, I don’t think I can conscientiously pick them again this year … GIANTS.
    The rest of the games:
    Buffalo at Houston
    Chicago at N.Y. Jets
    Minnesota at Miami
    Oakland at Kansas CitySt. Louis at Carolina
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland
    Tennessee at Philadelphia
    Washington at Tampa Bay
    Seattle at San Francisco
    Detroit at Arizona

Last week, 10-6; overall 89-55.
    This is the opinion of Nancy Allen, who can be reached at 232-5845 or nallen@citizen-times.com.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking the Cowboys this week myself Sportsgirl. I do disagree with your Miami and Steelers picks though.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I believe Ray Lewis is out. I'd take Atlanta in that one. I think you're right about the Cowboys, though.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

The Broncos will not lose at home to the chargers -- just won't happen.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by durito
    I agree.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    I agree.
    I disagree

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I'm liking the Cowboys this week myself Sportsgirl. I do disagree with your Miami and Steelers picks though.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by durito

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    I believe Ray Lewis is out. I'd take Atlanta in that one. I think you're right about the Cowboys, though.