Login Search

CHARGERS/BRONCOS: Sunday Night . . .

Last Post

Default CHARGERS/BRONCOS: Sunday Night . . .

Both teams 7-2, tiebreaker implications (rematch slated for
December in SD). Did I read in another thread that Marty's never won in DEN? In their last 4 losses at INvesco, SD has scored a total of 48 points. Rivers' first game in DEN. Den allowing 86 yds rsuh/game . . . Tomlinson's career rush/game
avg in DEN is 52.8 yds/ game (5 games). Big test for NFL's
stat-leading offense. Will SD watch the IND tapes and try to beat DEN the same way? Denver's D banged up a bit. LB Ian
Gold questionaable and two ends Ekubun and Chukarah sat
last week. DEN will watch CIN game tapes and try and exploit
SD's pass defense? Can SD defend the big play to Jason Walker? Plummer 7-2 vs SD career. DEN run game struggling.
Last week in effort to spark something Shannahan put in Nash for Bell and he went 63 yds.

Writing this on Sat a.m. my lean is to DEN - 2.5.

Let's get the discussion going . . .
Last edited by Checkerboard; 11-18-06 at 08:32 PM.

This is a tough tough call - but I'm on the Broncos. I hate betting against SD, but they aren't going to be as good as they were at Cinci last week. SD, traditionally, is not as good on the road. It should be a damn fine game, though. Definitly the game of the week.

Its a no play for me.

But I dont see how the Bronco offense can score points in this one. They have a hard time as it is, and the Chargers have a decent defense. I think the Chargers will find different ways to break that Bronco defense.

So I like the Chargers to win here.

It's important to note that Luis Castillo is MOST LIKELY out again this week.
Notice SD's pash rush against a VERY banged up Cinci O line last week?
Yeah - I didn't either.
I am concerned about Denver's D line vs SD's O Line. I don't think EITHER team can generate a pass rush.
I think Plummer needs time to be effective more than Rivers. Plummer makes horrible horrible decisions. He'll have time to throw - and that right there is a big deal to me - and probably the difference.

I love the Chargers +3 this week.

I keep looking at the standings and SD loss against KC has really put them in a pinch. If the Chargers want to win there division they must win this game. If they lose the will be realistically 2 games behind Denver. The Chargers D was awful last week as Sammy and I were talking it looked like the fix was on. The Chargers D will show up tonight and you heard it here Chargers win by 13. Go against the trend and look for Martyball to get his first win in Denver.

Then again I may be a little bias because I am huge Charger fan and season ticket holder. All bs aside Chargers look good tonight.
Last edited by hanco21; 11-19-06 at 11:45 AM.