chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    I bet if Detroit's defense was about to set the NFL record for turnovers returned for scores, they would be in the playoff race. It's not that CHI leads the league in turnovers that is unsustainable. It's that they have returned a disproportionate amount of them for scores which has masked their deficiencies on offense while squeaking out wins to teams like the Panthers when they get outplayed all game.

And before you say it's not luck it's skill, im sure Denver didn't recover any of their fumbles the first 10 times their offense put the ball on the ground because they didnt practice it. It's variance, and the Bears have had a horseshoe up their ass all year. They will be exposed before the season is over with that O line being the main culprit.
    Did you watch that game against the Panthers? The offense won that game for them. Cutler ended that game with 2 methodical drives down field. You can't say the offense sucks ass, then say they squeak out wins against terrible teams like the Panthers, then ignore that it was actually the sucky offense that even allowed them to squeak out that win.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    pats pass d is awful,,not sure why it would shock you if hou or den went to sb out of the afc? even pit if big ben comes back in time and they get in....afc wide open to me...nfc i agree either sf or nyg coming out of that conference (hopefully sf cause have nice future on them, id hedge if they have to face nyg tho, lol)..
    They've got players playing in their natural positions now. Secondary isn't that bad and run D is pretty solid. AFC is far from wide open imo. Think it's the Pats to lose. I like the Broncos passing game and defense but they just can't run the ball which will kill them in big games.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    this thinking get you blasted in the nfl...gl
    lol I was JUST ABOUT TO SAY THAT!!!!

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Did you watch that game against the Panthers? The offense won that game for them. Cutler ended that game with 2 methodical drives down field. You can't say the offense sucks ass, then say they squeak out wins against terrible teams like the Panthers, then ignore that it was actually the sucky offense that even allowed them to squeak out that win.
    I thought a Cam pick 6 won the game for them.

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I thought a Cam pick 6 won the game for them.
    nope

chantrain

CHICAGO -- Robbie Gould kicked a 41-yard field goal as time expired as the Chicago Bears rallied twice in the fourth quarter to beat the Carolina Panthers 23-22 on Sunday.

The Bears were trailing 19-7 in the fourth when the game turned in a big way.

Chicago (6-1) took over on the Carolina 38 after Brad Nortman shanked a 6-yard punt, and Jay Cutler connected with Kellen Davis on a 12-yard touchdown pass with just under seven minutes left.

Then, on Carolina's next play from scrimmage, Steve Smith slipped on a pass pattern, and Tim Jennings returned his second interception of the game 25 yards for the go-ahead score.

Cam Newton then drove the Panthers to the Bears' 27, and Justin Medlock's 45-yard field goal hit the right upright and went through to put Carolina ahead 22-20 with 2:27 remaining.

Cutler then came up with the winning drive, moving the Bears to the 23 before Gould nailed his game-winner.

The Panthers (1-6) lost their fifth consecutive game.

The Bears defense wasn't even good that day, the Jennings pick 6 was the only good thing they did pretty much all day.

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

agree. this is my number one play for sunday

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Bears being "Quality" is debatable.
    yup 3rd worst offense in the NFL....

And a 2-3 int CUTLER MELTDOWN can happen at ANY TIME

chantrain

I'm not sure why everybody is focused on how low the Bears offense ranks, the fact of the matter is that its a team game and the Bears are a good team. 8-3, great record at home. Where does Seattle's offense rank, just out of curiosity?

Frisco

I'm not sure why everybody is focused on how low the Bears offense ranks, the fact of the matter is that its a team game and the Bears are a good team. 8-3, great record at home. Where does Seattle's offense rank, just out of curiosity?
    Bottom line is if they don't get turnovers they are going to have problems beating good teams.

chantrain

Nobody is denying that, but what does that have to do with Seattle?

A game like this, 1 TD and 2-3 FG's could be enough to win. Nobody is asking the Bears offense to put up 45 like the Patriots.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

YPP overall they are 23rd, but that truly is because they run more than they pass. 14th in YPP passing, 13th in rushing. 9th in not turning over the ball.

chantrain

A lot is being made of the Seattle defense bothering the Bears offense, but what about the Bears defense bothering the Seahawks? The Bears' front 4 is also one of the best in the league and they have good depth there which means fresh pass rushers late in the game. If Lance Briggs and Peanut Tillman play, which it looks like they will, we might be looking at a very low scoring affair.

The under might be good here

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

bears are a solid team with a obvious glaring weakness in a spot that sucks to be weak..oline,. cutler takes to much heat cause not many guys could do what he does playing behind that trash.....but not sure where you guys have decided sea isnt a quality team? they wont be when they lose those corners but for now we talking about one of the best defenses in the league, a physical run gm (which by the way bears d has had some issues with teams w physical run gms), a young qb who is capable of making plays,,,why isnt sea a quality team again? cause they lost to mia? patriots lost to the cardinals at home, so are they trash? shit happens, it the nfl...obviously sea is better at home but wilson has been better in road gms of late and their last 2 yes they lost but it took a last second td by det and a solid mia d desperate for a w after a few horrible performances... this gm is so huge for the seachickens with the suspensions looming, they can get after the passer and those corners big and physical enough to make life tough on marshall...i grabbed sea+4 and feel pretty good about it, id expect this to be a physical tough ass gm that probably comes down to a fg either way...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

A lot is being made of the Seattle defense bothering the Bears offense, but what about the Bears defense bothering the Seahawks? The Bears' front 4 is also one of the best in the league and they have good depth there which means fresh pass rushers late in the game. If Lance Briggs and Peanut Tillman play, which it looks like they will, we might be looking at a very low scoring affair.

The under might be good here
    i think physical run teams can push chi around a little bit is biggest difference i see in this gm...

chantrain

I don't know, my gut says Bears win this one. The Oline is super motivated, 2-3 guys on that Oline right now are basically fighting for their careers. On offense, the WR's are coming off a game where everyone not named Brandon Marshall was determined to make some plays. Cutler threw the ball to everyone, Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Eric Weems. Some of these guys are also fighting for a roster spot. A good or bad game can be the difference to these guys between earning a long term roster spot or literally being cut or sent back to the practice squad. Good luck to all.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

Well Seattle lost to Miami, Chicago killed Minny so.....

Works that easy.

Frisco

Miami matched up well w/ Seachickens. Bears are soft and slow up front on D and can't gash them w/ their running game

First 12