Login Search

Bears -3.5 is a steal

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Well Frisco its only 1 road win not plural but yes they do usually keep them within a score. Gonna probably be a stay away for me not fully trusting bears line and this week its got even more issues. On flip side b2b long road trips for seahags so gl withis this one!
They were in full control of most of their road losses. Think taking the points is probably the best play w/ all the Bears injuries.

31% of bets on SEA, but SBR Consensus Beta shows 81% of money is on SEA right now. Explains the RLM based on bet volume. Sharps hammered away at this. I'm going to wait until gameday to take SEA at this point hoping that the majority of the remaining money comes in on CHI+3.5 or bought to 3. Line might move to +3.5-100.

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
The sharps are backing Seattle on the road?

I guess its the 'due' theory.
Not due, just good value. As has been stated, SEA hasnt lost by more than a TD all year. Both defenses are top 5, and it's tough laying more than a FG in games that figure to be low scoring. Heres what I wrote in my Week 13 thread on Tuesday:

"Seattle +4.5 in CHI. Again, good value here after CHI blowout and SEA loss. As long as SEA can avoid suspension of both starting corners which looks like they will for this week, there is so much to like about SEA here. They match up very well against WRs like Marshall, they can abuse bad lines. Forte would be a matchup problem as SEA is not good against outside the tackle runners, but he as well as Peanut are both questionable. Russell Wilson has been very efficient and hasn't turned the ball over in I believe 4 games now. Turnovers for scores is how CHI has been making their money, but SEA doesn't give it up much. Look for SEA to bounce back and win this one outright after playing sloppy on the road in the loss to MIA. "

If you like SEA, wait it out a little longer. BOVADA will hang 3.5 or better for sure, and either of Forte or Tillman being upgraded could move this in SEA favor. Also, public and some sharps will start eating up the Bears at 3.5 which could move it closer to 4.

Bears are a decent road team and have beaten everyone they were supposed to beat this year. Their only losses are to 'elite' teams. They sure as shit wouldn't lose to the Dolphins. Bears are certainly in another class than the Seahawks.

Now, none of this means Seahawks can't win. Obviously. There's always a chance. If the Seahawks front 4 get to Cutler 7 times in the game like the Panthers front 4 did, and force him into turnovers, certainly they can win.

One team is quality and the other can't beat the Dolphins.
Bears Offense tied for second worst in the league in Yards per Play with Jacksonville at 4.8. You could say its because their defense has been playing unsustainably good (which is true) in terms of scoring and that the offense just runs the ball to sustain leads. Maybe, and CHI is 16th in YPP rushing, but an abysmal 31st in YPP passing. Pretty sure Cutler only missed one game.

And the 2nd ranked offense in the league is Detroit, they're last in the division and out of the playoffs. So what?

Bears have yet to beat a really good team, but the Seahawks are not a really good team so why even bring that up? Seahawks aren't elite like the Packers/Texans/49ers
Packers and Texans aren't elite.