McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Gut-punch Sunday

Welp, 3 out of 4 losing Sundays for me. A new record!
    But worst of all, I had 1/2 my roll on the Bears yesterday.
    Yes, that's 1/2. 6 weeks of hard work basically flushed down the toilet.
    Money management! Looks like I'll be living off ramen for some time...
    Ughh, what a horrible day. Also, what is the deal with Atlanta? Did anyone watch that game? I had on the Bears the whole time, waiting for them to get back in the game -- and it never happened. Atlanta hurt me. I hate teams like that... Teams that can beat any team in the NFL, then lose to the freakin Lions. That one hurt.

Then how about the Pats turning it over 5 times?
    Ouch, that was a bad way to end the day. I'm normally mustard in the 4 oclock/late games.

Yeah, it was a disasterous day. That's why I love the NFL, though. You can watch ALL the games, break down the video, do your homework with numbers and you can get your money in good - and still get pummled by Joey Harrington.

Sheesh, that Sunday hurt.
    I forgot to mention the Rams - that was another one. That was just a bad decision on my part. KC has been rolling and St Louis has been losing. Good thinking!!! Sigh.

I hope everyone did better than me and I hope next week is easier. I got a feeling I'll be taking a few more chances than normal.

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I'm with you bro very bad weekend for me.
    That missed field goal capped it off, a 2 unit parlay for 9 units loss to end the day.
    I hope to bounce back this week w/ the NBA
    Any picks for tonight?
    I think Oak can cover
    Last edited by MickChunky; 11-06-06 at 03:16 PM.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel ya on the damn Atlanta game! Didn't see that one coming! Awful!

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I went 0-6 myself yesterday. Definitely a Sunday to forget.

Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

My worst Sunday of this year, I went 4 for 13...at least Seat is covering....so far

misterjameswest
    misterjameswest's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think most people had a bad Sunday, how could you not?! I had my 3-team ml parlays built around 1)Bears 2) S.D. 3) Giants 4) Atlanta and 5) Dallas. A S.D./Denver combo helped me salvage a little something.

Great week...3 out of 5 lost! The last few Sundays have really sucked, but I think Week 10 has promise. I think I thought that about week 9 though...lol!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

4-4-1 for NFL weekend. Including 2-0-1 for totals. NFL turnovers are way up and are making games very unreliable. But totals aren't really affected by turnovers.

Grossman has cost me a bundle. Here's to the NYG taking his head off.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Still barely winning this year but obviously losing faith..

3 weeks ago= had Pittsburgh who should of easily defeated ATL.

2 weeks ago= KC should of had an easy win, and barely and luckily covered.. Could of easily lost that game but somehow won..

Last week= Cowboys did everything possible to lose...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ditto. Thankful could count on fading Oakland on the road for small recovery but sunday's hits were too numerous and too big to chase for much...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I've watched the tape on 1/2 the games from Sunday - including the Atl/Det, StL/KC and GB/Buf games - those 3 are key to the whole 'turnover' theme.
    Add in Mia/Chi and NE/Ind.
    There were INEXCUSABLE turnovers for all the losers in all 5 of those games - and all 5 losers had multiple turnovers in either red zone (the Pats I cannot confirm, I watched it live and don't remember offhand where there turnovers were - I remember most being pretty benign, though, for turnovers, until the 4th Q).

Kudos to those that hit, but after watching all of those games, the teams that lost actually gave them away -- and not just GAVE them away, literally handed the ball to the other team. Also, in GB's case, they had 100 yards rushing before Buf cleared 70 yards OFFENSE - horrible.

StL didn't allow a passing yard, but allowed over 100 on the ground and were down a touchdown at one point (14-7 - Bulger was 9-12 at that point, if I remember right)... WTF?
    They were in that game. Bulger was on FIRE. Dane Looker's fumble blew my mind. Steven Jackson's was terrible, also. I had a lot of confidence in Linehan, but that team is making horrible mistakes. They also took over 5 penalties in big spots to hurt them. They had a critical 3rd and 1 and then ended up 3rd and 21+, I think it was, on 3 penalties in a ROW.
    KC did not win that game. KC is a solid team, I don't want to fade them.

The Chicago game was unreal, though. I am not going to watch that game again or bother breaking down tape. It's a classic example of hubris meets an inexperienced QB. You have to win the game before you win the game.

It was a brutal Sunday, I really think on any other week I would've run the table with my picks. I was sick to my stomach watching tape on those games that I bet (I didn't bet GB/Buf, I would've bet Buf, though, GB has never won there). It's hard to watch teams you trust in some manner do nothing but act like bottom half of the league teams.

This is the stretch in the NFL and it's MUCH harder to cap, because there are sooo many intangible things to consider (injuries being the least of them). It's going to be tough to get it going - but I think, in the end, if you stick with GOOD teams in GOOD spots, you'll end up in GOOD shape. I hope we all do a LOT better. Even batting .500 with all the information being passed around is unacceptable in my book (even though that info was irrelevant in 6 games last weekend). We gotta do better!