suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia +7.5 (-113) x10

I think Georgia wins this game SU.

I think it's tempting to look at Alabama's season and see parallels with their 2011 campaign, but I think that's a mistake. When you break down their year on a game to game basis, I don't think it's all that impressive. What appeared to be a tough schedule to start the year looks a lot less intimidating when you consider that Michigan and Arkansas turned out to be a lot weaker than anticipated. I also have zero respect for Mississippi State as their schedule was heavily rear-loaded, coasting through the first 7 games only to be proven frauds by the remaining teams on their schedule. So that leaves Alabama with only two games against legit teams (LSU and TAMU) with both of those games being close. What appeared to be an SOS of around #30 turned out to be much more modest, around #65.

Georgia entered the season with an SOS ranked around #75, and I think the case can be made that their schedule turned out to be a bit tougher than preseason rankings suggested with Florida surpassing predictions. The result is these two teams having played schedules that were about the same difficulty overall. Both teams earned their single losses by getting caught off-balance by a team with something to prove. There's no way Alabama deserves to be laying more than a touchdown in this game.

The reason I like Georgia here is because over the course of the year, we've seen a great deal of consistency from Alabama. I think we can be quite certain of the level Saban is going to bring to the field in this game. Georgia has been more variable largely due to one factor: the health of Jarvis Jones. When we look at Georgia's games, they've been 6-6 ATS this year, but are 0-2 in games where JJ was out, and lost to SC in the game where JJ injured his ankle. In short, Georgia plays their best football when they're able to generate a significant pass rush.

A healthy JJ represents a serious problem for Alabama because AJ McCarron is a different player when the opposing defense is able to apply pressure to him. This was a major factor in Bama's games against LSU and TAMU, who despite combining for only 3 sacks, were able to pressure him in both games. McCarron is a smart kid that mostly knows when to throw the ball away and avoid the sack, but he's not a player that can stand in the pocket and make completions under heavy pressure. If Georgia manages to get to him early with a couple of knockdowns and shake his confidence, Alabama's chances of winning this game go down dramatically. On the ground, the Bulldogs' rush defense has been quite good this year, and has been heavily practiced in the last two weeks against B2B triple option opponents (Georgia Southern & Georgia Tech) in which discipline is critical for the defensive players to stay on their assignments. I think it's safe to say that going into Week 14, Georgia is one of the last teams you would want to be trying to run against, given their recent tune-up.

Offensively, Georgia is just loaded with receivers, giving Aaron Murray a lot of options on every passing play, testing the depth of the Alabama secondary, while also being able to rely on Gurley/Marshall out of the backfield. They have as much or more firepower than anyone else Alabama has seen this year.

Ultimately, I like the Georgia defense to be very effective in this game, not allowing the Alabama run game to be the strength it normally is, and force McCarron to sit back in the pocket and throw while under pressure from their pass rush. I'm calling for Georgia to win this game outright, but a decision by a FG either way wouldn't surprise me. I think at Georgia +7.5, this line is a strong play.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I also don't think Wisconsin has much of a chance against Nebraska. The line isn't necessarily a bad one at Huskers -3, but the collective impact of Martinez, Burkhead, and Abdullah on the ground is a significant challenge for the Badgers. Collectively those three accumulated 259 yards against the Badgers defense in their first game. Wisconsin's overall defensive statistics look decent, but when you break down their season, they beat up on 4 bad teams in conference and are 0-4 against the better teams. As recently as last week, they allowed a 200+ yard rusher against PSU.

We all know Wisconsin doesn't deserve this berth in the Big Ten Title Game. They haven't done anything this year to indicate they are capable of stepping up and winning this game and Bielema continues to be a loser. I think Nebraska wins this game but at -3 I'm going to sit on it for a bit and see what the line does.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Good writeups buddy. I have to take bama or nothing in this one....I just dont see georgia offense doing much against this defense, in fact, against the only 2 respectable defenses they played this year, florida and south carolina, murray went a combined 23-55...1 TD...4 INTs....4.4 YPA....same thing happened in 2011, against any of the stronger teams he played he thru a lot more INTs/bad throws under pressure, alabama will capitalize on an INT or 2, and saban will play the game smart, conservatively, sticking to the run knowing he easily gain 4-5 yards every carry with both these amazing RB's.... bama wins this game easily by atleast 10 in my opinion.....

100% with you on nebraska...got it circled already....glad to see you on it too....might actually add a unit b/c your on it too....

keep up good work this season

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Good writeups buddy. I have to take bama or nothing in this one....I just dont see georgia offense doing much against this defense, in fact, against the only 2 respectable defenses they played this year, florida and south carolina, murray went a combined 23-55...1 TD...4 INTs....4.4 YPA....same thing happened in 2011, against any of the stronger teams he played he thru a lot more INTs/bad throws under pressure, alabama will capitalize on an INT or 2, and saban will play the game smart, conservatively, sticking to the run knowing he easily gain 4-5 yards every carry with both these amazing RB's.... bama wins this game easily by atleast 10 in my opinion.....

100% with you on nebraska...got it circled already....glad to see you on it too....might actually add a unit b/c your on it too....

keep up good work this season
    Does it not concern you at all that Mettenberger and Manziel threw for 298 and 253 respectively, while both teams managed well over 100 yards rushing? Both teams had 4+ more 1st downs than Bama, and converted 3rd downs at 50% or better.

I just don't think we're going to see a pass heavy approach from a Georgia offense that's normally quite balanced. A big part of my assessment of this game relies on Georgia being patient on offense, sticking with the run early, and knowing that Alabama isn't a team you blow out. On the field, these teams are actually quite similar in their capabilities, and both know this will be a classic 60 minute game in the SEC.

However from a motivation standpoint, Alabama is at a disadvantage. The team is very good, but are coming off not only one National Title win last year, but two in the last three years... The Bulldogs haven't been the Champ since 1980 (ironically, with a win over Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl). Like I said above, the 2011 Crimson Tide were a special team, made better by an entire season of comparison with LSU. These were teams that knew every single yard was important and had to constantly prove themselves. They are not the same team this year.

Some will probably disagree with this assessment, but the underdog is almost always going to be playing with more intensity in a matchup like this one, and when there's so much at stake, I'll take the guy that hasn't had a meal in a while over one that just ate every single time.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-28-12 at 01:27 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Teaser (6 point, 6 team) (+700) x2

- Stanford -2.5
    - Connecticut +10.5
    - Pittsburgh pk
    - Oklahoma -0.5
    - Baylor +10
    - Nebraska +3

Stanford, Oklahoma, and Nebraska are obvious choices. Pittsburgh and Connecticut are both one win shy of bowl elibigility, and the Big East being the shady conference that it is, it won't surprise me if both with SU. I think Pitt definitely does, and UConn should be able to hang around in a defensive battle with a Rutgers team that doesn't have a lot of firepower.

Baylor is the wildcard here, but I like them. The line in this game is suspiciously low in my mind, and even though Baylor is already bowl eligible, they're playing with a lot of confidence right now, and I think they push to prove themselves, whereas OK State is coming into this game over-confident. I think they have a lot of trouble with the Bears here and won't be able to pull away enough that the +10 doesn't hit.

Pelt
    Pelt's Avatar Become A Pro!

rutgers and uconn do not play

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

- Stanford -2.5
    - Connecticut +10.5
    - Pittsburgh pk
    - Oklahoma -0.5
    - Baylor +10
    - Nebraska +3

Stanford, Oklahoma, and Nebraska are obvious choices. Pittsburgh and Connecticut are both one win shy of bowl elibigility, and the Big East being the shady conference that it is, it won't surprise me if both with SU. I think Pitt definitely does, and UConn should be able to hang around in a defensive battle with a Rutgers team that doesn't have a lot of firepower Cincinnati.

Baylor is the wildcard here, but I like them. The line in this game is suspiciously low in my mind, and even though Baylor is already bowl eligible, they're playing with a lot of confidence right now, and I think they push to prove themselves, whereas OK State is coming into this game over-confident. I think they have a lot of trouble with the Bears here and won't be able to pull away enough that the +10 doesn't hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
    rutgers and uconn do not play
    It's late here... Corrected.

Pelt
    Pelt's Avatar Become A Pro!

cool thank you...did not mean to be a smart a$$. i pay attention to your picks

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

awesome write-ups thanks dude.
    you are more on point with NCAA footy than anyone ive seen! just gotta transfer that shit to the NFL when the bowl games are over lol

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

tailing on uga.....gl sk

jinxpro13

ne concern over Baylor defense? seems like every game I watch theyre giving up 30+ points. You know OK state can score..

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
    cool thank you...did not mean to be a smart a$$. i pay attention to your picks
    No worries bro.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    ne concern over Baylor defense? seems like every game I watch theyre giving up 30+ points. You know OK state can score..
    For sure. Baylor's defense is the weakest point in this teaser, however being well aware of the problem, their coaching staff started emphasizing winning the turnover battle part way through the season. It's become a big feature of their practices and the results have been apparent on the field, with a +9 TO margin in the last 4 games. They're trying to rip the ball out every time an opponent carries. It's funny because this is actually the model that OK State used last season, knowing that they weren't the best defenders, but if they could limit opponents possessions, they could lean on their offense to win games. Baylor has gained a lot of confidence recently with this gameplan.

I think with how potent Baylor's offense is, if they can generate 3 or more stops or takeaways in this game, OK State will lose SU because they just won't be able to keep pace. Baylor has managed to hold Kansas and KState to 14 & 24 points respectively in their last two home games as well. Also, Baylor has either won SU or held the game within one score in 6 of their 8 conference games this season, so I think covering +10 is very attainable.

suicidekings
    Update your status

11/29

Saints ML (+180) x2

suicidekings
    Update your status

LIVE (17-0 Falcons, 2Q 8:53)

Saints +17 (-117) x4

suicidekings
    Update your status

Saints ML (+180) x2
    Saints +17 (-117) x4

1-1 (+2u)

suicidekings
    Update your status

Kent State ML (+252) x2

The better team AND the team that could generate an extra $6 million for the MAC by getting to a BCS bowl are the same team? AND they're a +250 ML dog? Sign me up.

All jokes aside, from a situational standpoint, this makes all kind of sense. I have yet to hear a compelling argument for NIU in this game, and I have a really hard time envisioning any other outcome. Definitely worth a small play at least.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kent State ML (+252) x2

The better team AND the team that could generate an extra $6 million for the MAC by getting to a BCS bowl are the same team? AND they're a +250 ML dog? Sign me up.

All jokes aside, from a situational standpoint, this makes all kind of sense. I have yet to hear a compelling argument for NIU in this game, and I have a really hard time envisioning any other outcome. Definitely worth a small play at least.
    Really like this play,nice write up......

kensh3
    kensh3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

may i ask what is your overall record so far?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by kensh3 View Post
    may i ask what is your overall record so far?

Through last night, in NFL:

YTD: 70-75-1 (+
    17.55u)

The college plays are scattered throughout the thread (mostly pages 6-12), but not tabulated.

suicidekings
    Update your status

LIVE (25-21 Alabama, 14:57 4Q)

Georgia ML (+387) x1

suicidekings
    Update your status

Kent State ML (+252) x2
    Georgia +7.5 (-113) x10
    Georgia ML (+387) x1
    What atrocious clock management to cost them the game...

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia +7.5 (-113) x10

I think Georgia wins this game SU.

I think it's tempting to look at Alabama's season and see parallels with their 2011 campaign, but I think that's a mistake. When you break down their year on a game to game basis, I don't think it's all that impressive. What appeared to be a tough schedule to start the year looks a lot less intimidating when you consider that Michigan and Arkansas turned out to be a lot weaker than anticipated. I also have zero respect for Mississippi State as their schedule was heavily rear-loaded, coasting through the first 7 games only to be proven frauds by the remaining teams on their schedule. So that leaves Alabama with only two games against legit teams (LSU and TAMU) with both of those games being close. What appeared to be an SOS of around #30 turned out to be much more modest, around #65.

Georgia entered the season with an SOS ranked around #75, and I think the case can be made that their schedule turned out to be a bit tougher than preseason rankings suggested with Florida surpassing predictions. The result is these two teams having played schedules that were about the same difficulty overall. Both teams earned their single losses by getting caught off-balance by a team with something to prove. There's no way Alabama deserves to be laying more than a touchdown in this game.

The reason I like Georgia here is because over the course of the year, we've seen a great deal of consistency from Alabama. I think we can be quite certain of the level Saban is going to bring to the field in this game. Georgia has been more variable largely due to one factor: the health of Jarvis Jones. When we look at Georgia's games, they've been 6-6 ATS this year, but are 0-2 in games where JJ was out, and lost to SC in the game where JJ injured his ankle. In short, Georgia plays their best football when they're able to generate a significant pass rush.

A healthy JJ represents a serious problem for Alabama because AJ McCarron is a different player when the opposing defense is able to apply pressure to him. This was a major factor in Bama's games against LSU and TAMU, who despite combining for only 3 sacks, were able to pressure him in both games. McCarron is a smart kid that mostly knows when to throw the ball away and avoid the sack, but he's not a player that can stand in the pocket and make completions under heavy pressure. If Georgia manages to get to him early with a couple of knockdowns and shake his confidence, Alabama's chances of winning this game go down dramatically. On the ground, the Bulldogs' rush defense has been quite good this year, and has been heavily practiced in the last two weeks against B2B triple option opponents (Georgia Southern & Georgia Tech) in which discipline is critical for the defensive players to stay on their assignments. I think it's safe to say that going into Week 14, Georgia is one of the last teams you would want to be trying to run against, given their recent tune-up.

Offensively, Georgia is just loaded with receivers, giving Aaron Murray a lot of options on every passing play, testing the depth of the Alabama secondary, while also being able to rely on Gurley/Marshall out of the backfield. They have as much or more firepower than anyone else Alabama has seen this year.

Ultimately, I like the Georgia defense to be very effective in this game, not allowing the Alabama run game to be the strength it normally is, and force McCarron to sit back in the pocket and throw while under pressure from their pass rush. I'm calling for Georgia to win this game outright, but a decision by a FG either way wouldn't surprise me. I think at Georgia +7.5, this line is a strong play.
    nice one SK

2daBank

What atrocious clock management to cost them the game...

cant believe that dipshit didnt clock the ball... still nice call by you...

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    cant believe that dipshit didnt clock the ball... still nice call by you...
    So frustrating as Georgia was the clear right-side in the game. Also, I was looking forward to not having to hear about Alabama anymore this year...

suicidekings
    Update your status

12/2

Teaser (6 team, 7 point) (+500) x1

- Packers -2.5
    - Niners/Rams Under 48
    - Cardinals +13
    - Colts/Lions Over 44
    - Broncos -2.5
    - Giants/Redskins Over 44

2daBank

So frustrating as Georgia was the clear right-side in the game. Also, I was looking forward to not having to hear about Alabama anymore this year...
    no doubt..i was screaming at tv, banging shit all over, friend of mine who dont really gamble was over cause i told him we could go have few drinks after gm, he was looking at me like i was a lunatic when he wasnt clocking the ball....shit makes no sense, what the hell going on where they decide running a play a good idea? you clock that bitch and have 2 maybe 3 shots at end zone...yea love how everyone on sbr apparently went to bama, oh well line much better for nd against them so that another ats winner more than likely,,prob play ml as well..

suicidekings
    Update your status

Cardinals +7 (-127) x2
    Cardinals ML (+235) x1

This Cardinals team isn't just hungry for a win. They're starving. This line is definitely mispriced, as the Jets don't deserve to be such a large fave to anyone. I'm inherently mistrusting of any line that never reaches equilibrium and the long steady slide from -3 to -6.5 really stands out as a red flag. Who's actually showing this much faith in the Jets?

The Jets are coming off their own embarrassment, but I think a bounce-back is pretty unlikely here. The Patriots rocked the already shaken confidence of this team so thoroughly on Thanksgiving that I think their season is truly over. No amount of talk from Ryan can convince me that the Jets still believe they can make the playoffs, and if anything, I suspect that they'll put too much pressure on themselves here. Tebow has broken ribs and Sanchez has back problems, the list of Jets players that are banged up is extensive. I just think they're done, plain and simple.

I like this matchup for the Cardinals. They continue to be very good in pass defense, and as troubled as the Jets receivers and Sanchez are, I think it will be very difficult for the Jets to be effective in passing against Arizona. They will need to rely on Shonn Green to gain yards on the ground to have any chance at all. The Cardinals are decent in rush defense, and should be able to cheat to the run a bit. Offensively, the return of Beanie Wells is key for Arizona. They now have the 1-2 punch on the ground that they've been missing for most of the year, and with Lindley having a shaky first start, I believe that the Cardinals will lean on Wells and Stephens-Howling a lot in this game, playing a ball-control style of game. Lindley actually performed fairly well in his first start, with a very good STL secondary, with the turnovers being the difference. I think he'll look a lot better in his second start as he gets more comfortable.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 12-02-12 at 12:14 AM.

2daBank

i hope you hit the 7 (but that it).i played jets-4.5 few days ago...that zona oline is bad and just got worse with loss of center, jets feast on rookie qbs and this aint exactly more than a project rookie qb..i just couldnt find points for zone (unless they were giving them to nyj),,,you right pass d prob get sanchez at least once but think jets have enough success running to make him comfortable..i had to really convince myself jets would show up after the Thanksgiving day massacre to lay -4.5 and still not sure how great i feel bout it, lol...here's to a 22-16 final (weird score for messed up gm, lol)..

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

i hope you hit the 7 (but that it).i played jets-4.5 few days ago...that zona oline is bad and just got worse with loss of center, jets feast on rookie qbs and this aint exactly more than a project rookie qb..i just couldnt find points for zone (unless they were giving them to nyj),,,you right pass d prob get sanchez at least once but think jets have enough success running to make him comfortable..i had to really convince myself jets would show up after the Thanksgiving day massacre to lay -4.5 and still not sure how great i feel bout it, lol...here's to a 22-16 final (weird score for messed up gm, lol)..
    38 points, yesss

suicidekings
    Update your status

no doubt..i was screaming at tv, banging shit all over, friend of mine who dont really gamble was over cause i told him we could go have few drinks after gm, he was looking at me like i was a lunatic when he wasnt clocking the ball....shit makes no sense, what the hell going on where they decide running a play a good idea? you clock that bitch and have 2 maybe 3 shots at end zone...yea love how everyone on sbr apparently went to bama, oh well line much better for nd against them so that another ats winner more than likely,,prob play ml as well..
    I live in Vancouver. Not a lot of NFL fans, let alone NCAAF fans. Even if there are other people around when I'm watching games, very few of them really get why I'm ranting about bad clock management, bad tackling technique, etc.

My immediate thought on the NC game is the Under. The total will be low (SBR has 38), but it's going to be a run-heavy game. If we could get the +10.5 and 38 and tease 7 to +17.5 & U45, that's money.

2daBank

I live in Vancouver. Not a lot of NFL fans, let alone NCAAF fans. Even if there are other people around when I'm watching games, very few of them really get why I'm ranting about bad clock management, bad tackling technique, etc.

My immediate thought on the NC game is the Under. The total will be low (SBR has 38), but it's going to be a run-heavy game. If we could get the +10.5 and 38 and tease 7 to +17.5 & U45, that's money.
    great weed tho i would assume?

yea tease sounds like cash.... then i can still play ml for a little just to root against the bama assholes...lol

mbcoutinho
    Update your status
    mbcoutinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

yea tease sounds like cash.... then i can still play ml for a little just to root against the bama assholes...lol
    Haters gonna hate, hahaha.

RTR

jinxpro13

best weed there is bro.. smokin purple kush from BC as i type this...

suicidekings
    Update your status

LIVE (7-0 Bears, 8:33 1Q)

Seahawks ML (+298) x1

First ... 9101112131415 Last