Login Search

Suicidekings 2012 NFL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
Sweet. Are you hedging at all? Free money....
I really wish I had picked a different game for the last leg... If I had gone with the Bears ML, I could have then played the Lions +7 (-125) and shoot for a huge middle... I think the Steelers have a really good chance of winning this game tonight, so I might just wait and see what happens, hoping for a better line in live betting. Even Bengals +3.5 would be a big edge here.

Monday Night Football (10/22)

Bears ML (+235) x4
Lions ML (+235) x4

I wrote these in other threads regarding this game:

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
The biggest factor in this game is how strong the Bears secondary actually is. They're a good group, and the pass rush has been solid, but their opponents have been the Colts, Packers, Rams, Cowboys, and Jaguars. Andrew Luck (in his first NFL start and on the road), Bradford and Gabbert were all advantageous matchups for the Bears.

Romo threw 5 interceptions, but given his history of throwing INTs and the fact that he was playing from behind for most of the game, you really can't give full credit to the Bears defense. He was giving his receivers the chance to make plays, and they didn't come through. The held Aaron Rodgers to only 219 yards plus Masthay's fake FG touchdown pass, so I suppose that's a decent performance. Cutler really gave that game away with INTs because he wasn't on the same page as his receivers.

So in 5 games, they've only really faced two legit QBs, and three elite WRs. Jordy Nelson had 84 yards on 6 receptions, Dez Bryant put up 105 on 8 receptions. Amendola had 66 yards on 5 receptions despite Bradford killing drives with INTs. I feel like Calvin Johnson and Stafford are going to make the Bears defense look quite a bit softer than the stat sheet makes them appear to be.

I suspect this will be a game where either the Lions win SU or hurt themselves enough that they fail to cover.
The Bears running game has been only really been average so far this year. The Bears rushing is currently ranked 16th via advanced stats, while the Lions are ranked 9th. Among conventional stats, the Bears gain about 25 more yards per game via rushing, but also average 5 more carries per game. Both teams are hovering around 4ypc on the season with 5 rushing touchdowns. Pretty evenly matched overall... Any argument that the Bears have a big edge on the ground has no base.
Last edited by suicidekings; 10-22-12 at 05:11 PM.

I don't normally post these, but every Saturday (NCAAF) & Sunday (NFL) I play an 8 team parlay, rounding my account balance down to the nearest $25 and using the remainder as the risk amount. One leg away... I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this last game. Considering just taking the easy hedge and free ~$1000

Name:  parlay.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  95.0 KB
that awesome bro..i knew you had good week as we agreed on quite a bit...hope to see you stop by for the discussion im my thread this week as you were a much welcomed addition!..