slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles1021 View Post
    oh yeah they struggle in Miami like they did last year when brady pissed on everyones face on the defense...
    3 of Brady's last 4 in Miami were NE blowout wins. Brady had 100+ passer rating in all 4 games.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    3 of Brady's last 4 in Miami were NE blowout wins. Brady had 100+ passer rating in all 4 games.
    Make that 4 of the last 5 NE trips to Miami were blowout wins, Cassell blew them out in 2008 with Brady on IR.

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Make that 4 of the last 5 NE trips to Miami were blowout wins, Cassell blew them out in 2008 with Brady on IR.
    i know, i was being sarcastic. i live in boston. im on the pats side, like i said before brady pees on the dolphins. thank you for the stats i could not muster up.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles1021 View Post
    i know, i was being sarcastic. i live in boston. im on the pats side, like i said before brady pees on the dolphins. thank you for the stats i could not muster up.
    Yes, I was supporting your point. To be honest, I didn't know the history until I looked it up. I know early in Brady's career he had some tough games down in Miami, but he's clearly past that. Not only that, the Dolphins are in rebuilding mode this year, NE should be a double digit favorite for that game.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I feel like I should be the first to go ahead and predict 19-0 in this stupid-ass Pats-are-average thread! Fukk it, I'm doing it. You heard it here first.

kingz
    kingz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Snowball the Week 3 lines for Pats vs Ravens is up and its a pick em. do you think there is value in this line? Ravens look stronger offensively but a bit weaker defensively and Pats have won most encounters between the 2

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by kingz View Post
    Snowball the Week 3 lines for Pats vs Ravens is up and its a pick em. do you think there is value in this line? Ravens look stronger offensively but a bit weaker defensively and Pats have won most encounters between the 2
    You can't skip a week in NFL.
    One week at a time.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think New England will win by 3 touchdowns or more]you can take that to the bank//

After last week#1 winning the Arizona game and losing Raiders at home on my press,I really did my homework on this game I'm going against my betting thrend this week folks.. I love this game as a lock and can't pass this bet up.Patriots have an elite offense they just don’t act like it.Tom Brady spread the ball around in a 23 for 31, 236-yard day with two touchdown passes and running back Stevan Ridley emerged as an offensive star with 125 yards rushing and a touchdown.The defense held Tennessee to just 284 total yards and forced .Ridley is going to at least accumulate 1200 yards the season and he will set up the play action for Brady and allow him to play under center which is when Brady is at his best.The O-line wasn’t as bad as most make them out to be giving up only 3-4 pressures and 1 sack.The Patriots have a top 3 redzone offense of all time and if they get to the 10 yard line then is almost a guarantee that 7 points are going up on the board.Their O this season is going to look like clock work this season. Why score 50 points from shot gun when you can run and kill clock,hold the opposing offense to 20 points or less,and still put up 30-35 points?Not only do the Patriots have what I believe to be a clear advantage on both sides of the ball,this game falls into a situation that rarely loses.Anytime you have a home favorite that out-gained opponents by 4 or more points/game the previous season,who just scored 30 or more in their last game,you load up on the home team! It's 36-9 (80%) since1983.
    -13 1/2 or -14 or even -15 points won't matter in this game.After going back and forth between John Skelton and Kevin Kolb last season and this preseason, it looks like it may be Kolb’s turn to carry the baton. The former Philadelphia Eagle relieved an injured Skelton last week against Seattle and had a masterful 6/8 drive for 66 yards passing and a touchdown to give Arizona the lead that it would hold on to in a 20-16 home upset over Seattle as a 3-point underdog.With Skelton likely out for the next couple of weeks, Kolb is set to start in New England on Sunday.
    Does it really matter who is starting at quarterback for Arizona???/ LOL LOL... This New England Patriots', and it is difficult to see the Cardinals being able to do anything to stop it or keep up with it.Other key trends favoring New England. The Patriots are 23-8-1 ATS in their last 32 games after accumulating more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game, while the Cardinals are just 3-7 ATS in their last 10 road games vs.a team with a winning home record. MY BET NEW ENGLAND!-13 1/2 by no means is this trap a bet?

BostonDjStroke
    BostonDjStroke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This thread made me chuckle.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDjStroke View Post
    This thread made me chuckle.
    I don't think you're laughing anymore.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I don't think you're laughing anymore.
    I did see Arizona's D making that a tough game and them possibly hanging with the Pats. Did not see the Pats losing, but crazy shit can happen in the NFL. I'm way MORE concerned about Aaron Hernandez being out for probably 6-8 weeks. Now that does screw with the Pats' chances this season. I still don't think they'll be an "average" team, but that instantly takes away all their mismatching ability with their offense. Now they go back to the usual 3-WR sets and they will be much more easily defendable.

My prediction before that injury was 13-3 and another Super Bowl run. Now I think 11-5 and if he is not right in the postseason we don't reach the Super Bowl. Look what Gronk's high ankle sprain did, it cost the Pats a championship, there's no question about that.

Snowball

that's right. Belicic also let Gaffney, Tate, Moss, Branch, none retained by the Pats,
    they are playing with garbage at WR. Brady has no targets. They even let Green-Ellis
    go, which was stupid. I pretty much disagree with every personnel decision they've made
    in the last couple years.
    They might not even crack .500

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

that's right. Belicic also let Gaffney, Tate, Moss, Branch, none retained by the Pats,
    they are playing with garbage at WR. Brady has no targets. They even let Green-Ellis
    go, which was stupid. I pretty much disagree with every personnel decision they've made
    in the last couple years.
    They might not even crack .500
    Okay, now you're being a nutjob. Tate?? Guy sucked except for kick returns. Green-Ellis???? Do you have two eyes? Are you watching Stevan Ridley run, he's light years ahead of Green-Ellis.

Just because they shit the bed and blew a game they should have won yesterday doesn't mean they all of a sudden are blowing all their personnel decisions!!

I don't agree with all of them, but for the most part they know what the fukk they're doing, man. A billion times better than me or you. Now when shit happens like Hernandez getting rolled up on, that fukkin sucks, no doubt. And now their O won't look nearly as good. BUT, that doesn't mean they needed to keep Tate or BJE, LOL!!

Personally, I'd bring Gaffney back. That one move I don't get. Looked like he had good rapport with Brady (better than his rapport with Lloyd). And he could give us another weapon with Aaron gone. Branch was a great Patriot, but he's just another short-pass guy, he can't stretch the field anymore.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

wow this guy is an idiot. Frankly the fact that the defense is playing as well as it has, is far more significant than any concern about the offense struggling. This is a 11-13 win team that will be competing for a bye week in the playoffs. They've been probably the most impressive team at stopping the run so far in this early season, yet you claim they can't stop it?! They are a poor play to bet on this year? Well they went 8-7 ATS last year in a 14 win season. I expect a comparable result this year. Did lose your $250 paycheck yesterday and lashing out?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Patriots are still favored to win AFC, you should lay them if you are that confident in your prediction.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Okay, now you're being a nutjob. Tate?? Guy sucked except for kick returns. Green-Ellis???? Do you have two eyes? Are you watching Stevan Ridley run, he's light years ahead of Green-Ellis.

Just because they shit the bed and blew a game they should have won yesterday doesn't mean they all of a sudden are blowing all their personnel decisions!!

I don't agree with all of them, but for the most part they know what the fukk they're doing, man. A billion times better than me or you. Now when shit happens like Hernandez getting rolled up on, that fukkin sucks, no doubt. And now their O won't look nearly as good. BUT, that doesn't mean they needed to keep Tate or BJE, LOL!!

Personally, I'd bring Gaffney back. That one move I don't get. Looked like he had good rapport with Brady (better than his rapport with Lloyd). And he could give us another weapon with Aaron gone. Branch was a great Patriot, but he's just another short-pass guy, he can't stretch the field anymore.
    For me it started when they wouldn't sign Richard Seymour.
    Anyway, WEEI has the whiner line open at 5.
    gonna hear a lot of that this year.

others, keep defending this crap team, go ahead, lots more losses ahead.
    Bills, Jets, maybe even Miami. !

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have been saying this all along.. glad somebody with this too

Pats are over. Brady same. Belichik same.

done, done and done. basically

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

they wont be good this year beacause they cant cheat. every super bowl won by the patriots and belicheck should be stricken from the record books. penetrates those penetrating cheaters.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    they wont be good this year beacause they cant cheat. every super bowl won by the patriots and belicheck should be stricken from the record books. penetrates those penetrating cheaters.
    Good that we have astute, knowledgable, thinking football fans out there.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    agreed/ that was BS. can't believe they banned Pete Rose for life from MLB, and Belichik was only fined (draft pick too) for filming teams he would play.. much worse.*

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Would you idiots get a clue about the spygate stuff?

Do you know that coaches were (and still are) ALLOWED to watch and make note of the defensive signals being called from the sideline? The only thing the Pats did differently was videotape the signals to take a look at later instead of just watching it and making notes.

Do you know that every team tries everything it can to gain an edge? It's called professional football. People steal signals when they can. Everyone does it. Same in baseball. Why do you think everyone's always changing signals and covering their mouths and everything? It's part of the game!

Do you know that they came within one miraculous Eli Manning throw/David Tyree catch from going 19-0 AFTER they stopped doing the videotaping? Not to mention a crapload more wins and postseason appearances. So shut the fukk up until you know what you're talking about.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    agreed/ that was BS. can't believe they banned Pete Rose for life from MLB, and Belichik was only fined (draft pick too) for filming teams he would play.. much worse.*
    couldn't agree more !! Ratzz I have said just this in conversations.
    So tired of the hero worship on Belicic. I respect Brady as a player
    but I just don't like BB at all, never did. My distaste for him goes back
    years before he became N.E. coach.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Would you idiots get a clue about the spygate stuff?

Do you know that coaches were (and still are) ALLOWED to watch and make note of the defensive signals being called from the sideline? The only thing the Pats did differently was videotape the signals to take a look at later instead of just watching it and making notes.

Do you know that every team tries everything it can to gain an edge? It's called professional football. People steal signals when they can. Everyone does it. Same in baseball. Why do you think everyone's always changing signals and covering their mouths and everything? It's part of the game!

Do you know that they came within one miraculous Eli Manning throw/David Tyree catch from going 19-0 AFTER they stopped doing the videotaping? Not to mention a crapload more wins and postseason appearances. So shut the fukk up until you know what you're talking about.
    they taped the Rams practice immediately before the Superbowl. HELLO !!!!!!
    you know, the one where they were practicing EXACTLY what they
    were gonna do in the Superbowl duhhhhhhh

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

they taped the Rams practice immediately before the Superbowl. HELLO !!!!!!
    you know, the one where they were practicing EXACTLY what they
    were gonna do in the Superbowl duhhhhhhh
    Pretty sure that's not even true.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

And by the way, ERIC MANGINI HIMSELF has admitted that he's sorry he ever brought the signals-videotaping to the league's attention because he NEVER THOUGHT IT WAS THAT BIG A DEAL and NEVER WANTED it to become some huge story because it's been blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION for what it actually was. Teams do sneakier crap than that all the time!! People just don't want to think about it. But once they have a chance to say Oh Wait the Pats Cheated, then they run with it... And here we are years later still having to hear about it even though IT STOPPED AFTER 2006!!!!!!!!! Helloooooo... the Pats still win all the fukkin time!!!!! Gee, guess it wasn't just the videotaping that made Brady good, that made Wilfork good, that made Belichick a good coach. For cryin out loud....

Snowball

Goodell burned the tapes.
    "We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3227245

yes, it stopped after 2006, and the last time they won a SB was 2005.

Ratzz

couldn't agree more !! Ratzz I have said just this in conversations.
    So tired of the hero worship on Belicic. I respect Brady as a player
    but I just don't like BB at all, never did. My distaste for him goes back
    years before he became N.E. coach.
    on same page with you, i like longshot stories.. i woulda liked Brady fine if not for Belichik... Belichik is a pure cheat..
    will do anything to win.. just a dirty man. Seriously should have been out of NFL, LIFETIME BAN.

Even against Ravens last year in AFC title game, up to samle old sh*t... has the play clock set one back... behind Raven bench...
    that is right where the kicker practices leading up to try to send it into OT last year...

if you are a kicker... and you are in your zone, practicing.. you time your mind... 1st Down.. 2nd Down...
    he thought it was 3rd Down... and everybdy starts yelling at him.. "dude where are you?"
    "get on the field"

it's nerve racking enough without having to run on the filed to make the play-clock..

it's a cheap tactic. very belichik

http://baltimoresportsreport.com/if-...out-24418.html

Ratzz

Goodell burned the tapes.
    "We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3227245

Goodel's story is BS.. if was inconclusive wether rules or not were broken.. why destroy the tapes?

the truth is that is was sooooo bad. they had to.

otherwise the scandal would go on that they would have to transfer the wins to the other teams, like they did with Armstrong
    Tour De france wins.. on the record, the 2nd place guys won... but they were forever robbed of that moment, winning in front of the world.. realizing your dream, on the world stage.*

Lifetime Ban. Belichik is a cünt.

Snowball

Pats are getting very desperate, admitting their mistake to cut Branch, bringing him
    back on short notice and also Winslow, who fills Hernandez spot.
    They got nowhere to go. Rumors of Welker strife in locker room.
    Did you see how much Assante Samuels helped the Falcons win Monday Night ?
    Another former Patriot who Belicheat deemed unimportant.
    The usual dead beat, clammy utterances from Belicheat this week.
    I'm large on the Ravens, of course.

TheDarkPassenger
    TheDarkPassenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7946

Unreal how five years later people still don't know what Spygate actually was.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think they will be anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 max
    and will be a poor bet in most games.
    which means taking the points against them especially
    early in the season before Vegas and the public adjust
    will be profitable.
    .....a 3 point swing is huge

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Can't wait to bump this thread after SNF when the Patriots once again shut the critics up and BLOW OUT the ravens, yeah i said it and i'll be back after the game to tell you i told you so. Go ahead and bite on the Ravens 'revenge angle' like every other capper on here.

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

This thread is a joke, 9-7 seriously?

Snowball

to all who poo poo'd my prediction,

Belicic press conference, he had nothing to say,
    never does, most overrated coach ever.

New England Patriots 3 wins, 3 losses.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

couldnt agree more my friend, belicheck wont ever win a superbowl unless he cheats.

the media appreciates you all who downplayed the entire scandal to "they basically did what everyone else was doing" ....ya....right....

and yes they are an average team at best, espcially when they dont have all the defensive schemes scripted

First 123 Last