riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Who do you like - NFL Futures

Thinking of taking a few futures to ride this season. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Team - ?

Reasons - ?

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

49ers over 10 same team as last year, with upgrades at WR.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

colts wins o5.5 +190
    ravens SB +1800

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

like the 9ers and ravens futures...

NewYorkKnicks87
    NewYorkKnicks87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

I like Packers and Raven to make Super Bowl

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Bears O9.5 wins for $1k at pinny got it at +133, I'm so confident in this one that I see it as basically it as putting a grand in a very high interest account for 5 months or so.

$160 Bears to win the SB +3550 again at Pinny. Returns over $5k. I'll start hedging against them in their first playoff game. I do think they have a great chance to win the SB but I'm looking for guaranteed profit.

As you can see I'm pretty high on the bears, I think with Martz gone and the additions of a truely elite reciever in BM the bears can go 12-4 with their schedule. Injuries could **** me but It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Also got $30 on the Bills to win the SB at +8600. Purely a hedge bet, I think they'll finally get over the hump and make the playoffs allowing me some guaranteed profit.

Would like to hear other peoples thoughts and ideas. I'm also looking at the Jets u8.5 wins, I love the Jets but think they will struggle this year especially on the defense end without Leonhard bossing things from the back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24, and slacker00

golf2day
    golf2day's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree on 49ers

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Buffalo over. Write up to follow

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

ATL over 9
    CHI over 8.5
    CIN over 7.5
    DAL over 8.5
    DET under 9.5
    HOU over 10
    JAX under 5.5
    NOR under 10
    NYG over 9.5
    OAK under 7
    SF over 10
    HOU wins AFC South -415
    DEN wins AFC West +165
    NYG wins NFC East +205
    ATL wins NFC South +114
    SF wins NFC West -250
    HOU wins AFC
    SF wins NFC

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

just fade the lions, play the cowboys

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Are all five starters on the 49ers offensive line returning? The reason why the 49ers won last year was their ability to control the line offensively and defensively. If they have the same personnel again this year I would expect the same results.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Niners odds are shit. Wait till they lose the 1st game to get better ones unless you think they beat the packers on the road.

Cincy u8.5
    Denver u 9.5

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Great values, grizzlies1. Bears are way underrated again this year and can offer very juicy futures across the board.
    Points Awarded:

grizzlies1 gave slacker00 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CoverOne
    CoverOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I'm with most on over Chicago 8.5 and went small on them winning NFC North too. They can play with the Pack and should be able to split with them this year. Should be remain healthier adding another win or two to last years record.

I like KC over 8, and also to win AFC West. They have the best defense in the division, some play-makers on offense, and tough home field advantage. Injuries decimated this team early last season, but Manning won't step right in and carry Denver, SD is losing talent and keeping Norv, and Oakland is Oakland. I was surprised to see them at +375 for the division.

I also see some value in Pittsburgh winning AFC North at +137 (5Dimes). Losing to Balt tw ice won't happen again. Granted they lost some aging vets on Defense, but I believe in Tomlin and their system to keep things in check. Also, Mendenhall injury won't be tough to overcome for a few games as Redman has talent and they throw more nowadays.

Other plays- SF under 10, Det under 9.5, Sea +480 NFC West, Car +600 NFC South

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

the bears??? u gotta be kidding me, every year someone makes this thread and they are barely even a competitve NFL team

CoverOne

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    the bears??? u gotta be kidding me, every year someone makes this thread and they are barely even a competitve NFL team
    They were 7-3 losing to only Green Bay, @ New Orleans, and @ Detroit on Monday night before losing Cutler. They would have won 11 games easy.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

the bears will either go to the NFC finals or miss the playoffs completely...

depends on health of jay cutler, team only goes as far as his health does.. which is why its too risky a future because you are gambling on 1 guy to stay healthy

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Are all five starters on the 49ers offensive line returning? The reason why the 49ers won last year was their ability to control the line offensively and defensively. If they have the same personnel again this year I would expect the same results.
    Adam Snyder, 49ers starting RG from last year isn't with the team anymore. Most likely replacing him will be Boone, an undrafted player from a few years ago who the coaching staff is high on. Other positions on the offensive line include LG Upati and LT Davis both will be in their third years and are still young and learning so they should be even better this year.

On their defensive line everyone is coming back plus Aldon Smith will be a full time starter in his second year.

Huego

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Niners odds are shit. Wait till they lose the 1st game to get better ones unless you think they beat the packers on the road.
    I doubt the odds would change if they lose one game as seven point underdogs.

Huego

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlies1 View Post

$160 Bears to win the SB +3550 again at Pinny. Returns over $5k. I'll start hedging against them in their first playoff game. I do think they have a great chance to win the SB but I'm looking for guaranteed profit.
    I'm really jealous that you're able to play at pinny. great line you got.

CoverOne

Odds went down for a lot of teams in recent weeks but I was lucky to grab +3500 a while back. Great opportunity to hedge.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by CoverOne View Post
    Odds went down for a lot of teams in recent weeks but I was lucky to grab +3500 a while back. Great opportunity to hedge.
    It you truly like a bet, ride it out. I never understand someone making a bet with a definite plan to hedge later on, paying double juice, etc. It probably means bad bankroll management in the first place, ie make a smaller bet up front rather than betting so much up front that it needs to be hedged down later on.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Huego View Post
    I doubt the odds would change if they lose one game as seven point underdogs.
    You'd be surprised. It depends on the book and how they lose.

Might only be a +1250 to +1500 change but what I'm saying is they are likely to have better odds at some point during the season.
    Naturally no one wanted 100-1 odds when I made a thread about it last year, but they are ready to jump at crappy odds on a team that cannot replicate last years regular season.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It you truly like a bet, ride it out. I never understand someone making a bet with a definite plan to hedge later on, paying double juice, etc. It probably means bad bankroll management in the first place, ie make a smaller bet up front rather than betting so much up front that it needs to be hedged down later on.
    Because $100 x 0 = 0

While $100 x 35 = $3500 then hedged into pieces can be $436 or $748 or $1250 or $2435.......or whatever.

If you are making a bet thinking the Bears are going to win the Super Bowl then......

Griffey4Ever
    Griffey4Ever's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seahawks in the NFC West and Over for the Bears.

DaMaN
    DaMaN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3040

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey4Ever View Post
    Seahawks in the NFC West and Over for the Bears.
    Chiefs over 8 large.... Chiefs will have same defense with the addition of their best player Eric berry back ... And now with Charles back to full health they will have an offense

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Huego you can get those odds at some of the Euro books like Willhill and Betvictor if you can play there.

There's no reason to lose any juice with a hedge. Are you thinking of a middle? I do like the bet but I'd much rather guarantee close to a grand rather than take the risk for 3.5.

KC looks good. Not sure about season long but +2 on opening day hosting the falcons looks like a huge spot play. Very reminiscent of opening day last year when the bears hosted them...A good defense, outdoors on the grass and the falcons suck.

CoverOne

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I said opportunity to hedge, not strictly playing to hedge it. I like the Bears to make the playoffs and win a game. After that I'll see what my options are. I made the play strictly on the value of a good team with better odds than teams like Detroit, Denver, and San Diego.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3401

Guaranteed money: texans to win division -500. I'll take 20% profit any day for easy money.

BOBBYW
    BOBBYW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7198

Hou-15/1...Bal-Un and fade during the season...major injury