slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Who will be the biggest NFL draft bust of 2009?

1)What will be the highest pick pick not to go beyond a rookie contract?
    2)Who will be the highest pick to not make an opening day roster in 2009?

Historically, Ryan Leaf springs to mind as an example of an answer to question #1. Maurice Clarette who was picked at pick #101 might be an answer to question #2. Say what you will about washing out of the NFL, but not making it through training camp as a 3rd round pick is just plain sad.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Well, going by the numbers Ill vote for Stafford and Sanchez not going beyond a rookie contract.

slacker00

I'll go with Andre Smith to the Bengals. I just don't like the guy. Sure, he's got talent, but he'll do something stupid and be out of the league in 3 years.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eben Britton.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'll go with Andre Smith to the Bengals. I just don't like the guy. Sure, he's got talent, but he'll do something stupid and be out of the league in 3 years.
    you would be a rich man if you can predict something like that, especially since he has had no serious off the field issues.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

tony mandararich

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

who ever the Oakland Raiders picked

Any round...esp. 1st rounder

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT
    L2Gunz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Well, going by the numbers Ill vote for Stafford and Sanchez not going beyond a rookie contract.
    yep...Sanchez will def. be a bust...dont get me wrong great QB at USC<<<...but on the next level he will choke and realize that the NFL is not the same talent pool as the schedule he faced at USC...garbage!!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

you would be a rich man if you can predict something like that, especially since he has had no serious off the field issues.
    You're right it looks like his biggest offense was simply serving a one-game suspension for something regarding an agent at college. Far from what most would consider basis to believe he'll be out of the NFL in 3 years. Heck Reggie Bush is more guilty than most college athletes with regard to that kind of stuff.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Sanchez

daggerkobe

Sanchez will be alright. To say he didn't face any competition at USC is ridiculous. He destroyed Ohio St and Penn St.... both highly ranked defenses last season. 28-35 413yds, 4 TDs 216.83 QB rating vs. PSU in the Rose Bowl.... simply amazing.

Stafford will be a bust though..... not because he's not talented but because he'll be killed playing behind that offensive line. At least Sanchez is going to a near playoff team with all the pieces there to succeed.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Quote Originally Posted by daggerkobe View Post
    Sanchez will be alright. To say he didn't face any competition at USC is ridiculous. He destroyed Ohio St and Penn St.... both highly ranked defenses last season. 28-35 413yds, 4 TDs 216.83 QB rating vs. PSU in the Rose Bowl.... simply amazing.

Stafford will be a bust though..... not because he's not talented but because he'll be killed playing behind that offensive line. At least Sanchez is going to a near playoff team with all the pieces there to succeed.
    are we talkin bout the same playoff team that had B. Farve running for his life behind that garbage off. line...i may be wrong but time will tell

daggerkobe

Jets offensive line allowed just 30 sacks.... 18 teams allowed more.

And many were due to Favre holding on to the ball too long trying to make plays.

Plus the Jets had 7 Pro-Bowl selections last season. Lions had 0.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

And many were due to Favre holding on to the ball too long trying to make plays.

Jets o-line isn't bad.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I am a big time Jets fan, whoever thought of giving away a pick to move up to get Sanchez needs to be fired right away

daggerkobe

Lions allowed 52 sacks. 2nd worst in the league.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

fully understand dagger...so you believe that Sanchez will get rid of ball quicker??? hmmmm...dunno bout that...bigger, faster, stronger

daggerkobe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I am a big time Jets fan, whoever thought of giving away a pick to move up to get Sanchez needs to be fired right away

Right.... because Kellen Clemens is scary good.

daggerkobe

Quote Originally Posted by L2Gunz View Post
    fully understand dagger...so you believe that Sanchez will get rid of ball quicker??? hmmmm...dunno bout that...bigger, faster, stronger

He did at USC.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

He did at USC.
    right but thats USC.. not the NFL

unde0087
    Did we win?

Right.... because Kellen Clemens is scary good.

Didn't say he was jackass, but Sanchez played 1 year at USC and in all the games I watched wasn't that impressive at all. He looked really great in the Oregon State game. And that is what the Jets go with. Jets should have never gotten rid of Pennington for old "Its all about me" Favre. What a joke he was and now we get a kid who played 1 ****in year and proved nothing. Another great decision.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

unde..you and I both know that Sanchez will not make it in the NFL..if so it will take him 3-5 yrs. before he's ready...he is not all that impressive..esp. coming from USC and that weak conference schedule..

unde0087
    Did we win?

L2, just look at the game against OSU. He looked like he didn't even know what position he was playing. Jets are ****in really pissing me off with the way they are running things. First Favre now this. Someone needs their ass kicked.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

l2, just look at the game against osu. He looked like he didn't even know what position he was playing. Jets are ****in really pissing me off with the way they are running things. First favre now this. Someone needs their ass kicked.
    trust me...i know exactly how you feel...im a saints fan!!!

daggerkobe

Quote Originally Posted by L2Gunz View Post
    right but thats USC.. not the NFL

Yeah, no college QB has ever become good at the NFL level.

daggerkobe

Didn't say he was jackass, but Sanchez played 1 year at USC and in all the games I watched wasn't that impressive at all. He looked really great in the Oregon State game. And that is what the Jets go with. Jets should have never gotten rid of Pennington for old "Its all about me" Favre. What a joke he was and now we get a kid who played 1 ****in year and proved nothing. Another great decision.

1 game? Sanchez didn't even play that bad vs. Oregon State. 18-29, 227yds 3 TDs 1 INT 155.07 QB Rating. You probably just hating on him cause you lost your bet.

Gee, so glad you weren't the Colts GM back in '98 or otherwise you would've passed on Peyton Manning cause he was 0-4 vs. Florida.

Btw, how many games did Matt Cassell start in college?
    Last edited by daggerkobe; 04-27-09 at 03:43 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

dagger, i don't read the future like you can. Just saying I didn't like it at all. I didn't say that he can't become anything, my ass is still very chapped after that piece of shit Favre got mailed to NY. Who knows, I guess as a fan I hope I am wrong.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stafford. No protection = no chance. Unless he can emerge unharmed from one or two years watching the game on his back and being rushed into throwing picks.

daggerkobe

Well, I'm not the one predicting Sanchez will be a definate bust because of one game on the road against a highly ranked defense that shut out their bowl opponent.

I happen to think Sanchez is a good fit for the Jets because they can protect him unlike Stafford who will be a tackling dummy with 0 protection.

Given time in the pocket, Sanchez can make some accurate throws. Just watch and see.

slacker00

He already did something stupid, the way he showed up at the combine. That's what he does when money is at stake. What's he gonna do when he's already got his fat signing bonus and is set for life? I wasn't talking about shooting himself in the leg or whatever, although one never knows...

Besides, if my prediction is true, I will not be any richer. I don't know where that comes from.

brooks85

I just say the QB's only because the number of QB's that succeed is below 50%, and QB's that you can rest your franchise on was something in 20% range(espn radio talk before the draft). Stafford lands in Detroit which does not help his future. I would think Sanchez has a better chance than Stafford.

Lions should have drafted either of the smith's at OT and just waited for next year's QB class, which will be as good or better. Plus, Culpepper is not washed up yet, I think he could have got that team a few wins. But, of course, they have to sell seats. I got reminded of one of the many bad draft choices today, Bengals let go chris perry. I remember the day we took him as our first rounder and left Steven jackson out there
    Last edited by brooks85; 04-28-09 at 03:19 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Culpepper is washed up.

slacker00

I think the QB numbers are even lower when they are Juniors rather than Seniors. I agree that the Lions probably should've maybe waited an extra year to get their QB. On the other hand, Culpepper is on a 1 year deal and I guess Stanton is considered a bust already, Henson was just released a few hours ago, so the Lions are extremely thin at QB anyway. I think the Lions' back was against the wall. At the very least, I expect Stafford to sit for half the season. They aren't going to throw him to the wolves if they're smart. Maybe next year they can get a top tier OT, because I fully expect them to be picking in the top 10 if not the top 5.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sanchez will be a huge bust. He is worse than the Cards back up and we all know USC QB's blow.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Stafford and Darius hayward-bey.

12 Last