element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sanchez and Stafford need to sit for a year before they play. It seems that most are talking as if Sanchez will be the starter next year in New York from day 1.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I can see Beanie Wells being just like JJ Arrington. El Busto

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Sanchez and Stafford need to sit for a year before they play. It seems that most are talking as if Sanchez will be the starter next year in New York from day 1.
    I think Sanchez needs to play earlier than Stafford. With Stafford, they've got Culpepper and nobody seriously expects Detroit to contend for anything whatsoever in 2009. With Sanchez, the Jets were the 2nd seed in the AFC going into December last year before they laid a major turd and missed the playoffs. The Jets are in the win-now mentality and Clemmons isn't the answer. A lot will depend what happens in training camp, but the way is paved for Sanchez if he can show anything whatsoever. Otherwise they might have to default back to Clemmons. The Jets are in a much worse spot than the Falcons or Ravens last year when those teams ended up starting the rookie QBs. Unless I'm totally wrong about Clemmons or Sanchez just can't go, Sanchez is starting week 1 for the Jets.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT
    L2Gunz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Sanchez will be a huge bust. He is worse than the Cards back up and we all know USC QB's blow.

nchi
    nchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    who ever the Oakland Raiders picked

Any round...esp. 1st rounder
    so true

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    I can see Beanie Wells being just like JJ Arrington. El Busto
    ding ding. Can't beat out hightower. Give me a break.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

its fun to read these old threads, good call bumping this one!

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

darius heyward bey looking like a good call for a bust

TheFakeG
    TheFakeG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 832

Here are my top 3 busts from that draft:

#3 - Tyson Jackson, DL, Kansas City - Dude rocketed up the charts in the week before the draft, and for that he has rewarded the Chiefs with a grand total of one sack and 45 tackles in 28 games. A big-time bust, to date.

#7 - Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Oakland - Many people in thread mentioned his name. He is destined to be the Troy Williamson of this draft. You know, drafted #7 overall (as was Williamson by Minnesota years ago) because he had blazing speed. I guess the inability to actually catch a football didn't deter either Oakland or Minnesota from drafting these steaming piles of turds so early.

And the biggest draft bust from 2009 (and most likely to not play beyond his rookie contract!), and there is no argument that can be made against this one:

#11 - Aaron Maybin, LB, Buffalo - Another stellar selection by the Buffalo Bills, who have a draft record in recent years that is Millen-esque in its patheticness. In 26 games, 15 career solo tackles - and was inactive (coach's decision) in 6 games this year. A few articles this season called him perhaps "the worst player in the NFL".

Scrolling down, I am hesitant to call anyone drafted after the top 15 "busts" - there just isn't that much difference between a late-1st round pick and a mid-3rd, really. And certain players like offensive linemen are players that idiot fans love to call in to sports-talk radio shows to complain about, yet these fan have no clue what they are talking about, other than repeating the same shit they read online or in print.
    Last edited by TheFakeG; 01-06-11 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Error on poster's part

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

Maybine is god awful

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

heyward bey 4 sho

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'll go with Andre Smith to the Bengals. I just don't like the guy. Sure, he's got talent, but he'll do something stupid and be out of the league in 3 years.
    My prediction is looking ok so far. He did something stupid right away with his holdout in which he never got the money he wanted anyway. He hasn't gotten onto the field too much due to missing training camp and injuries. Maybe he can still overcome all of this going into next season, but he might also be out of the league sooner than later.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

andre smith, maybin and howard-bey

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

I hate to admit it but Sanchez has been pretty damn good since entering the NFL. The guy basically started once he got there, one game away from the SB last year and in the playoffs again this year. To even use his name and the word bust is the same sentence is ludicrous.

First 12