View Poll Results: Who Wins Super Bowl XLI?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indianapolis Colts +553

2 7.41%
  • Dallas Cowboys +806

4 14.81%
  • New England Patriots +874

1 3.70%
  • Carolina Panthers +1052

5 18.52%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +1098

0 0%
  • Seattle Seahawks +1118

2 7.41%
  • Denver Broncos +1356

4 14.81%
  • Miami Dolphins +1632

2 7.41%
  • Washington Redskins +2023

0 0%
  • Other

7 25.93%
    Sean
    Sean's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winner of Super Bowl XLI - Consensus Picks Poll

Who wins Super Bowl XLI? Let's get an early look at what you guys think. (Futures odds pulled from Pinnacle Sports).

By the way, if you join SBR's Football Handicapping Contest - Beat The Prick - you'll have a shot at free trips to the 2007 Super Bowl in Miami, the 2007 BCS Championship Game, the 2007 NFL Pro Bowl in Hawaii and more than $200,000 in cash and prizes.

So go ahead, make your early Super Bowl pick here and, who knows, you and a friend may actually be watching the game in person.
    Last edited by Sean; 08-26-06 at 10:52 PM.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cool The 'Boys are sweeping the board so far

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Early lean: Seahawks.

Unless there's a team out there with a bigger chip on their shoulder (after last year's SB, and all the calls against them).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 08-27-06 at 03:35 AM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Early lean: Seahawks.

Unless there's a team out there with a bigger chip on their shoulder (after last year's SB, and all the calls against them).

Madden Curse-Super Bowl losing team curse-

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two curses cancelling each other!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Atlanta Falcons, only if Vick gets injured or moved to WR
    though. If not I would be forced to take Denver +1356

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I don't like picking the SB this early (by week 4 I usually get at least 1 team right that makes it the way), but I'd have to say Carolina. I say this only because I think they might be able to stay healthy this season with key players...
    Plus they have the 4 keys to winning - A better than serviceable running game (better than average offensive line), a QB that can WIN a game by himself if needed, a competent offense and most importantly - a SOLID D (which they are probably top 5 in as far as talent goes in the NFL, despite losing a couple of players to free agency).

A TRUE darkhorse that I think might be a sweet 'value' play would be Jacksonville. While they don't have a QB that can "win games" for them at this moment, per se, starting - their QB doesn't exactly "lose" games for them ala Jake Plummer or Brett Favre, either. I believe they don't get enough play at all in the media, but I think they serve up the best D in the NFL as a unit (despite having LESS talent than say - Chicago). I also must add that homefield isn't that big of a deal to them. They can play at Indy, and that says a lot to me (they won and then covered, respectively, the past 2 years).

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

The value on Denver seems good. Plummer can have a noce year esp cause he knows he has a qb that will take his spot if he cant perform.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I don't like picking the SB this early (by week 4 I usually get at least 1 team right that makes it the way), but I'd have to say Carolina. I say this only because I think they might be able to stay healthy this season with key players...
    Plus they have the 4 keys to winning - A better than serviceable running game (better than average offensive line), a QB that can WIN a game by himself if needed, a competent offense and most importantly - a SOLID D (which they are probably top 5 in as far as talent goes in the NFL, despite losing a couple of players to free agency).

A TRUE darkhorse that I think might be a sweet 'value' play would be Jacksonville. While they don't have a QB that can "win games" for them at this moment, per se, starting - their QB doesn't exactly "lose" games for them ala Jake Plummer or Brett Favre, either. I believe they don't get enough play at all in the media, but I think they serve up the best D in the NFL as a unit (despite having LESS talent than say - Chicago). I also must add that homefield isn't that big of a deal to them. They can play at Indy, and that says a lot to me (they won and then covered, respectively, the past 2 years).
    The New York Giants for all the reasons you mentioned Carolina above. I think Eli will show this year that he CAN win a game by himself...I agree with you about JAX, they've got a vastly underrated D (at least in fantasy) although Fraud Taylor staying healthy is key if they're gonna have a shot. I do like the Ravens' chances again too, McNair-Mason back in effect, dominating D, 2 good RBs...I can't wait for football!!!!

jesterson

Quote Originally Posted by kalmikrazy
    The value on Denver seems good. Plummer can have a noce year esp cause he knows he has a qb that will take his spot if he cant perform.
    Plummer waaaay overachieved last year, you'll see Cutler by week 9.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'm with you on McNair/Mason... They are sick together. I just hope McNair hasn't fallen too far. He looks like it, but he still looks better than Boller. Contender? Nah - their running game is getting worse - not better (has anyone seen Ogden? He looks like a rookie or 'mediocre' player in what I've seen this pre-season). Actually, I was real happy for Mason when McNair went over there. Mason is like Muhammed - SICK route runner, usually open and top 5 hands. He gets no play, though.

As for the Giants, I see your point and it's a very good one. Tiki is elite, Eli LOOKS legit (plus he's WON big games that he probably shouldn't win, unlike his brother), the Giants have quality receivers and a solid D (Not that good, though - they are top 10, likely, though). That ain't a bad darkhorse pick at all... The 2 things that concern me is Coughlin's record in 'big games' is horrible, and the Giants did little to nothing to resolve their offensive line. Actually, last season was the best they've done in years with NO O-line at all. They have a bottom 10 O Line right now on paper... Now that you mentioned it, I'm going to watch their last preseason game closer focusing on their line (and rewatch the game vs the Jets.. mmm...tivo).

Historically, the Giants go as far as their O-line goes (pre and post LT, that is)... It's not talked about enough how bad it is, outside of the NY market, anyway.

MPMEYER1982
    MPMEYER1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Da Bears, best defense in the league and Griese will overtake Grossman as starting QB and lead us to a Super Bowl victory.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Denver.

Good recievers. Good line. Tatum Bell should run well. Jake Plummer isn't throwing INTs.

The offense isn't even their strength. The broncos have a monstorous defense. 3 amazing DBs. 3 amazing LBs. John Lynch.. the man destroys QBs on a daily basis. above average strong safety. average line.

Their pretty much the superbowl ravens team of a few years back, the only difference is they have an offense.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The team you least suspect since the field is so wide open. I did however vote Miami.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos-Giants

Thats my superbowl prediction right there!!!

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Colts-Panthers

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

knew there was something i liked about ya Illusion. r u a phins fan too? thats my darkhorse at least they will definetly make the playoffs

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Eagles- Pats, Eagles Win this time.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser
    Eagles- Pats, Eagles Win this time.
    The pats have seen their last superbowl for a long long time.

jesterson

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I'm with you on McNair/Mason... They are sick together. I just hope McNair hasn't fallen too far. He looks like it, but he still looks better than Boller. Contender? Nah - their running game is getting worse - not better (has anyone seen Ogden? He looks like a rookie or 'mediocre' player in what I've seen this pre-season). Actually, I was real happy for Mason when McNair went over there. Mason is like Muhammed - SICK route runner, usually open and top 5 hands. He gets no play, though.

As for the Giants, I see your point and it's a very good one. Tiki is elite, Eli LOOKS legit (plus he's WON big games that he probably shouldn't win, unlike his brother), the Giants have quality receivers and a solid D (Not that good, though - they are top 10, likely, though). That ain't a bad darkhorse pick at all... The 2 things that concern me is Coughlin's record in 'big games' is horrible, and the Giants did little to nothing to resolve their offensive line. Actually, last season was the best they've done in years with NO O-line at all. They have a bottom 10 O Line right now on paper... Now that you mentioned it, I'm going to watch their last preseason game closer focusing on their line (and rewatch the game vs the Jets.. mmm...tivo).

Historically, the Giants go as far as their O-line goes (pre and post LT, that is)... It's not talked about enough how bad it is, outside of the NY market, anyway.

They've got a veteran group at OL, and as long as they stay healthy, are going to be better than you think! This ain't the Cards o-line.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cowboys all the way baby! You can start hateing
    me now cause the Boys are going to win it all this
    year . May be they will play the Broncs one more
    time from the AFC either Denver or Seatle I think.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Curse Fire
    from the AFC either Denver or Seatle I think.
    Typical Dallas fan!