p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    We are 7 days and 18 hours away
    From a Giants victory

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greetings Seaweed Nation and fellow Seaweeders across the internet universe. After roughly 5 hours a day of intense research, and almost 70 hours of dissecting every influential aspect for this Sunday over the past 2 weeks, Superbowl Sunday is finally upon us! I have come across a lot of valuable and influential information Seaweed Nation should be aware of. As many of you are already aware, my job as our leader is to bring you the best information and inside scoops on all our wagers you won’t find anywhere else. Sure, there are many handicappers on the internet that post their picks based on obvious trends and stats, but handicapping involves much more. Many fail to include all relevant information that often goes unnoticed to the general betting public because the media corrupts the thoughts of bettors, and guides their thinking process for them. That’s why I have place the responsibility upon my shoulders to beat the bookmakers, and deliver all of us the winning plays based on our concrete tested and proven methodology which has generated significant profits over the years. Before I start getting into too much detail about Seaweed Nation, I think it is time I explain to all Seaweeders the important influential information they would be aware of for the match-up between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. This will help understand Seaweed Nation’s NO BRAINER selection for this Sunday.

Write-Up:

Ladies and gentleman, we are about to witness a re-match of the 2009 Superbowl between city sport rivals New York and New England. The Giants, of course, ruined New England's perfect season in Super Bowl XLII. That 17-14 victory over the 18-0 Patriots still hurts in New England. On Boston’s WEEI radio Monday January 23rd, Tom Brady admitted that "As time goes on, I still can't watch highlights from that game," In 2009, Elisha NelsonManning was able to knock off the Patriots in a thriller, but will it happen this time around? Well, be patient and you’ll find out.Super Bowl XLVI pits a 15-3 team against a 12-7 one. New England is giving 3 points against the Giants who barely qualified for the playoffs. Giants have a good defense but as we’ve seen recently so do the Patriots. Giants have a good pass rush, but again so do the Patriots. The Giants have a decent running game, but yet again so do the Patriots. Pats just grinded it out with the number one defence in the league, and now they are taking on The Giants who were ranked number 24 on defense. Although New England’s defense finished 31st in the league, The Patriots have been better on defense in the postseason, allowing only 15 points per game. Furthermore, New England has exemplified great discipline by not giving up free yards to their opponents. In 2 playoff games, New England has been penalized 3 times for only a total of 25 yards! Clearly, if the Patriots are able to remain disciplined, the Giants won’t have much aid from the refs. Discipline is an important part of football. The lack of penalties by the Patriots does not only reflect better mental preparation from the coaches to the players, but it also translates off the field as well. The New York Giant RB Bradshaw’s constant problem with the law off the field illustrates the lack of dedication, discipline, and respect New York Giant players have to their team. This translates to their attitudes on the filed. Thus, with the more on field penalties, and criminal troubles off the field, the New England Patriots have the disciplinary edge going into this game.

As we all know, the Vince Lombardi Superbowl is one of the most prestigious and honorary trophies an organization can claim. The NFL always favours the team that upholds the most respect and dignity towards it. The question here to ponder is does the NFL want the Patriots or the Giants to represent the NFL world-wide? The answer is simple. It is the New England Patriots. Why? Because New York Giant owner Ana Mara is a whore. Not only did she disrespect the legend Terry Bradshaw on national TV two weeks ago on stage by interrupting him, but I dug into her dark history and found some unsettling news. In 1951, before Vince Lombardi went into coaching, he spent weeks meeting up with Mara who tried to convince him to head into his coaching career. During this period, she claimed he spent many nights sleeping on her couch. You think she wouldn’t have made a move on an undeniably handsome and single hunk like a young Vince Lombardi? I didn’t think so either. Maybe her attempt to cover-up her whoreish past might have fooled most, but not Seaweed Nation. According to various anonymous inside sources, Mara had a sexual fling with Vince Lombardi over a 2 week span to convince him to get into coaching. Would the NFL want an organization, represented by an old former cheating whore of Vince Lombardi to represent him and the NFL? I didn’t think so either. Not to mention the man whore Tom Coughlin who has been through half a dozen marriages. Furthermore, the face of Mara beside Eli on a front page Monday morning newspaper wouldn’t be the most attractive cover. Thus, due to its distasteful front page, less people will be inclined to purchase national Newspapers. Consequently, newspaper sales nation-wide would not be as high compared to a Patriots win. Not only will the NFL be favouring a Patriots win, but Newspaper companies across the country will be rooting for New England, represented by the handsome alpha-male Tom Brady. Clearly, the sexual edge goes to the New England patriots.

Another important trend Seaweed Nation should be aware of is the relation between unemployment and Superbowl winners. In order to uncover the efficient trends, I subscribed to the online U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to discover important unemployment data. As I began studying the statistics and matching them up with Superbowl winners throughout history, we discovered our crucial hypothesis. The team whose metropolitan area contains the lower unemployment rate during the previous calendar year has won 17 of the past 20 Super Bowls. For those of you who aren’t mathematicians, that is a calculated remarkable 85 percent success rate. Based on this correlation, the New England Patriots should claim the NFL championship over the New York Giants. After applying the trend to both teams, we discovered that through November of 2011, the unemployment rate for the Boston metropolitan area was 6.8 percent, compared to 8.5 percent for the New York metropolitan area. This relation further supported our methodology on the projected winner. As I became curious with this groundbreaking trend, I also found that when the difference was greater than 1.6 percentage points on the unemployment scale between the two teams, the success rate of the trend was 100% accurate. The biggest difference was when the Redskins knocked off the Bills in the Superbowl on January 26, 1992. At that time the D.C. metro area’s unemployment rate of 4.6 percent was substantially lower than Buffalo’s 7.2 percent. Clearly, based on the unemployment trend, and its >1.6% 100% success rate, the New England Patriots are expected to walk away as Superbowl Champions.

As you probably all know, Belichick was married to his now ex-wife Debby Clarke until they divorced in 2006. After getting a hold of inside sources who have come across the legal court report papers in the Boston area, Belichick was accused of maintaining a relationship with former Giants receptionist Sharon Shenocca which helped precipitate the divorce. Do you think Belichick would want to lose to a team that is affiliated with a woman responsible for ending his marriage? I didn’t think so either. This could be his final opportunity to finally get his revenge on not only avenging his previous Superbowl loss, but on his marriage destroyer- Sharon Shenocca.

I know many of you will point to the fact that Princess, the star of New Jersey’s Popcorn Park Zoo, selected a Giants win over the Patriots this year, but it looks like her 85% Superbowl record will shrink after this year. Her last lost came when she falsely nibbled the wrong cracker of her right hand and predicted a Manning win over Drew Brees a couple years ago. Clearly, if history is any indication, another false Manning selection will mean a win for the Patriots.

Bonus Stat for Seaweed Nation: The Dynamic Duo of Tom Brady and Belichick is 36-17-3 ATS in games when avenging a loss, including 16-4-1 ATS when playing off three or more wins in a row.

Seaweed Nation, I have never been more confident in our NO BRAINER than I am right now. To all those who put their money on the New York Giants, I am sure that with this brief write-up will convince you that the New England Patriots will cover the spread and walk out Superbowl 2012 champions. I suggest all Seaweeders to pull out your Giant bets immediately because the only salsa dances Victor Cruz will be doing will be on Dancing With the Stars.

Our concrete methodology after simulation currently favors the New England Patriots by more than 4 points! Therefore, while many are biting their nails waiting to see if the line drops to -2.5 or rises to -3.5, I am pleased to assure you all that it won’t matter for this game because the bookmakers are off on the spread. This will not be a field goal game, as the Patriots will win by more than 4. Nevertheless, I ask all Seaweeders to wait patiently until 48 hours before kick-off on Friday to make sure there are no game altering injuries or deaths prior to kick off. Although there was some speculation that the game would be played with an open dome, it has been concluded that the dome will remain closed for kick-off due to the projected weather. Jump on the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS on Friday and come celebrate with Seaweed Nation Monday morning when we go collect our winnings!

Thank You

Seaweed

PICK: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (spread will be posted on Friday)

RISK: 10 UNITS
    Interesting write up. But you lost me with a lot of it, especially the part about the Giants owner.

"The goal of modern propaganda is no longer to transform opinion, but to arouse an active and mythical belief."

sports_monster
    sports_monster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I see that you were booted from covers, seaweed! It serves you right, you little snitch punk! Im glad that I found you here, you have always been a great contrary indicator! The NY Giants it is!

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!
    EddieMush's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sports_monster View Post
    I see that you were booted from covers, seaweed! It serves you right, you little snitch punk! Im glad that I found you here, you have always been a great contrary indicator! The NY Giants it is!
    You found it necessary to create a user name here just to stalk, bash and harass Seaweed?

Why didn't you use your covers name tough guy?

Why hide who you are?

sports_monster

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMush View Post
    You found it necessary to create a user name here just to stalk, bash and harass Seaweed?

Why didn't you use your covers name tough guy?

Why hide who you are?

I did use my covers name, Mush Mouth!

sports_monster

I got booted too a while back because the pussies in the penalty box can dish it out but they cant take it!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I noticed that there are 3 members on this thread that made their account during this month.

Probably clone accounts.

I would have taken you seriously if you made some predictions during the regular season.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    From a Giants victory
    I'm sorry, but there is no way the Giants win this game. My confidence in betting 10 units on the play reflects the certainty of the play.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I noticed that there are 3 members on this thread that made their account during this month. Probably clone accounts. I would have taken you seriously if you made some predictions during the regular season.
    I'm sorry, but i do not have a clone on SBR. I have been presenting No Brainer games every single week this NFL season on Covers, in which we ended the season with significant profits. Unfortunately, do to a slight mishap and misunderstanding, i was no longer allowed to pot on the other website. As a result, i made my transfer over to SBR. Consequently, the masses followed and signed up during the transition period. I am here to help all my fans because we are in this together as a nation against the bookmakers. This No Brainer has a calculated 92% chance of hitting. I know you are knew to the dynamics of Seaweed Nation, but im sure once you witness our unparalleled victories, you will become a Seaweeder too.

Thanks

Seaweed

Seaweed
    Update your status

pot=post

do=due

sorry for the spelling errors, i was a little irritated by the obliviousness of the question

Seaweed
    Update your status

knew=new

I think i need some shut-eye. I've been up for the past 29 hours

Seaweed
    Update your status

sports_monster

Please do tell about your winning NBA record last year where you finished the year up $15. What a phenom you must be, when you got lucky and won your last play of the year with play money with a $15,015 Bet! You are a monumental douchebag. For those here that dont know, The Giant is one of this Idiots alter egos!

Seaweed =

sports_monster

knew=new

I think i need some shut-eye. I've been up for the past 29 hours

Get off the drugs!

Seaweed
    Update your status

Please do tell about your winning NBA record last year where you finished the year up $15. What a phenom you must be, when you got lucky and won your last play of the year with play money with a $15,015 Bet! You are a monumental douchebag. For those here that dont know, The Giant is one of this Idiots alter egos! Seaweed =
    The previous statement is false. We ended the season with over $460 in profits. It's all documented. I don't know where you get your sources from, but they are clearly inaccurate. Last NBA season, we finished on a 9-3 run (all documented) The Giant is not an alter ego, just my adviser and a loyal supporter of Seaweed Nation, as are many many more around the internet universe.

sports_monster

The previous statement is false. We ended the season with over $460 in profits. It's all documented. I don't know where you get your sources from, but they are clearly inaccurate. Last NBA season, we finished on a 9-3 run (all documented) The Giant is not an alter ego, just my adviser and a loyal supporter of Seaweed Nation, as are many many more around the internet universe.

You are a Liar on all counts. I may be mistaken on the exact dollar amount of your winnings for the year, I am correct on the last $15,000 and something amount that you wagered on your last "play money" bet to put you up $460 as you say!

You are one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen on the web. The only people that are dumber than you are the poor dumb bastards that buy into your dumbass crap!

You were banned from covers for being "The Giants" alter ego!

You were also great fade material. If I bet $1000 a game against all of the plays you ever posted on covers, I would probably be up $50,000!

Personally, I am not perfect. Honestly, I am down almost $2000 in the past 6 months. At least Im not an attention whore, who is a lying POS, a flaming *, and a douchebag like you are!

Last edited by shari91; 01-30-12 at 07:56 AM. Reason: removed slur

purplesleuth
    purplesleuth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seaweed:

Your post is very interesting, but a lot of the information you provided seems irrelevant to me.

Are you honestly suggesting that the NFL is going to manipulate the outcome of a game that is heavily scrutinized by millions of fans at the risk of ruining the integrity of the game so that a slightly more popular and more marketable team will win the superbowl? Do you really think this is a reasonable long term marketing strategy. If so, how come low profile teams win major sporting events so frequently?

Do you genuinely believe that unemployment statistics influence the outcome of the superbowl game? If I were to research weather, demographics, topography, and various other random statistics, I'm sure I could find many variables correlated with prior superbowl success. A trend isn't impressive unless it is actually the CAUSE of the correlation. If the team with more characters in its name is 6-0 when playing on Wednesday when Oprah weighs < 145 lbs and the dow industrial average is greater than 12,650, do you want to bet on that?

Do you really think that The patriot's coaching staff needs a petty sense of personal revenge to get motivated for the superbowl?

How can you be "92%" confident in this bet unless the line is several standard errors away from a fair line? Even if you legitimately thought the patriots should be favored by 17, you wouldn't have a 92% chance to cover (the standard error in point differential is about 14.4, so the probability of covering would be only about 84%; source: http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~iase...45_Everson.pdf)

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The circle jerk threads continue

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by purplesleuth View Post
    Seaweed: Your post is very interesting, but a lot of the information you provided seems irrelevant to me. Are you honestly suggesting that the NFL is going to manipulate the outcome of a game that is heavily scrutinized by millions of fans at the risk of ruining the integrity of the game so that a slightly more popular and more marketable team will win the superbowl? Do you really think this is a reasonable long term marketing strategy. If so, how come low profile teams win major sporting events so frequently? Do you genuinely believe that unemployment statistics influence the outcome of the superbowl game? If I were to research weather, demographics, topography, and various other random statistics, I'm sure I could find many variables correlated with prior superbowl success. A trend isn't impressive unless it is actually the CAUSE of the correlation. If the team with more characters in its name is 6-0 when playing on Wednesday when Oprah weighs < 145 lbs and the dow industrial average is greater than 12,650, do you want to bet on that? Do you really think that The patriot's coaching staff needs a petty sense of personal revenge to get motivated for the superbowl? How can you be "92%" confident in this bet unless the line is several standard errors away from a fair line? Even if you legitimately thought the patriots should be favored by 17, you wouldn't have a 92% chance to cover (the standard error in point differential is about 14.4, so the probability of covering would be only about 84%; source: http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~iase...45_Everson.pdf)
    My methodology for selecting games has proven successful over the course of my career as a sports handicapper. Please, do not question it. I understand you are worried and critical of what i present, but let me remind you that it has been tested and proven to be accurate. Every trend and detail play its part. Sure, not one trend will determine the outcome. But if you integrate all relevant information, giving each trend its relevant weight to the game, the outcome will accurately reflect our projection. There are many trends, and important information to list, but i wanted to keep it nice and short in my write-up, and straight to the point. Your Oprah trend is false. She hasn't weighed less than 145 pounds since the Bee Gees were topping the Billboard Charts. I suggest you double check those statistics. As for your question on the 92% claim, i never stated that the spread was not far off. All i stated was that it won't be a FG game, and that the Patriots will win by more than 4. Not by 4, but by more than 4.

Many people have questioned my methodology in the past, and many people have remained sidelined while we celebrate in our profits week in and week out.

Seaweed

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Seaweed, I'm sorry to see you're having to deal with these jealous haters.

If there is one thing I've taught you, it's this: As your rise to the top continues to flourish at a mind-boggling rate, it's going to bring out the hatred of others that aren't as fortunate as you in the gambling world. They don't hate you though, they actually hate themselves. I'm sure you figured that out.

The accusations of some of these mindless trolls are amazing. They think we are the same person, yet we live in different countries. It's sad reading some of this drivel we're having to endure.

Hopefully with time will be able to get back to business at hand. And that's the Super Bowl. It's only 8 days, 192 hours away. It's the crowning jewel of all sporting events, let's keep the focus on that, what do you say, guys?

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Seaweed, I'm sorry to see you're having to deal with these jealous haters. If there is one thing I've taught you, it's this: As your rise to the top continues to flourish at a mind-boggling rate, it's going to bring out the hatred of others that aren't as fortunate as you in the gambling world. They don't hate you though, they actually hate themselves. I'm sure you figured that out. The accusations of some of these mindless trolls are amazing. They think we are the same person, yet we live in different countries. It's sad reading some of this drivel we're having to endure. Hopefully with time will be able to get back to business at hand. And that's the Super Bowl. It's only 8 days, 192 hours away. It's the crowning jewel of all sporting events, let's keep the focus on that, what do you say, guys?
    I say, you're spot on once again. This should be a celebratory week in sports, not one with negativity. We need to keep our focus on the business at hand, and that's making sure all our No Brainer plays come out as winners.

The Giant

Seaweed, I'm curious, after your unprecedented 57% documented in the NFL, which is almost unheard of, I was wondering if you are going to have a play on tomorrow night's Pro Bowl?

I know these kind of games are your specialty, I remember you dominating last year's All-Star games in basketball and baseball, and I'll never forget how you triumphantly predicted Nathan's hot dog eating contest. If I remember correctly, you predicted the exact amount of hot dogs that would be eaten by Joey Chestnut. Incredible.

sports_monster

Seaweed, I'm sorry to see you're having to deal with these jealous haters.

If there is one thing I've taught you, it's this: As your rise to the top continues to flourish at a mind-boggling rate, it's going to bring out the hatred of others that aren't as fortunate as you in the gambling world. They don't hate you though, they actually hate themselves. I'm sure you figured that out.

The accusations of some of these mindless trolls are amazing. They think we are the same person, yet we live in different countries. It's sad reading some of this drivel we're having to endure.

Hopefully with time will be able to get back to business at hand. And that's the Super Bowl. It's only 8 days, 192 hours away. It's the crowning jewel of all sporting events, let's keep the focus on that, what do you say, guys?

You should consider getting therapy from your fa\*\*ot avatar, fa\*\*ot!

The Giant

You should consider getting therapy from your fa\*\*ot avatar, fa\*\*ot!
    Sports_monster, this kind of talk isn't appreciated here at SBR.

If you don't have anything positive to say, please feel free to exit this thread.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Seaweed, I'm curious, after your unprecedented 57% documented in the NFL, which is almost unheard of, I was wondering if you are going to have a play on tomorrow night's Pro Bowl? I know these kind of games are your specialty, I remember you dominating last year's All-Star games in basketball and baseball, and I'll never forget how you triumphantly predicted Nathan's hot dog eating contest. If I remember correctly, you predicted the exact amount of hot dogs that would be eaten by Joey Chestnut. Incredible.
    You remember quite accurately. I have never lost a bet on an All Star selection to date, including correctly predicting the over 58.5 in Chesnut's hot dog intake. If I'm not mistaken, I may be the only one in history to have done so. Unfortunately, due to the conflicting schedule this past week, all my time was dedicated in ensuring the Superbowl winning bet and so i did not have enough time to cap the Pro Bowl.

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplesleuth View Post
    Are you honestly suggesting that the NFL is going to manipulate the outcome of a game that is heavily scrutinized by millions of fans at the risk of ruining the integrity of the game so that a slightly more popular and more marketable team will win the superbowl?
    Seahawks-Steelers
    Bettis' last game....

Do I need to say more

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!

. Unfortunately, due to the conflicting schedule this past week, all my time was dedicated in ensuring the Superbowl winning bet and so i did not have enough time to cap the Pro Bowl.
    Perhaps we could just fade Mr Wins selection, especially if its the same side as Austins

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!

Perhaps we could just fade Mr Wins selection, especially if its the same side as Austins

what am I saying...
    those 2 clowns don't ever post plays, they just bash others

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!

By the way,
    I saw last night you projected the North to beat the South by 10 points in the N-S game, and you projected an under.
    I think you called it your General Sherman lock.

When do they play that game?

I bet on it with my local first thing this morning, but have no idea when the game goes off

I took as you recommended
    North @ a pick
    under 43...
    you recommended a 25 unit parlay

Seaweed
    Update your status

Seaweed Nation and fellow Seaweeders. In this thread many have questioned the accuracy of Seaweed Nation. In order to provide a brief example of how accurate Seaweed Nation is, i quickly skimmed the historical databases on the internet. Here is a question a fellow Seaweeder by the name of EX4life had back on July 16th of 2011:

Posted: 7/16/2011 11:43:16 PM So Seaweed, whats your research so far told you about my Carolina Panthers for the upcoming season?

Posted: 7/16/2011 11:51:24 PM Don't expect much from Carolina this year. We all know how they were unpredictable last year , and went a dismal 2-14. They did get Newton in the Draft, but you can't expect much from a rookie. Look for Carolina to get a 6 game winning season at best, and fail to make the playoffs again. However, if you want to bet on them, Carolina is historically a good team to bet when they are dogs playing against the Tampa Bay Bucs. The NFC match-up between those two rivals have always been good and close, especially when Carolina are dogs on the spread. So when Carolina meets Tampa Bay, and if Carolina are dogs, it would be a wise choice to take Carolina. Look for Carolina to be a stronger team in 2013

covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?action=quote&ur=seaweed&id=112453415&spt=41&sub=101089326&page=13#reply

CARLONINA FINISHED THE SEASON ON 6 WINS AS PREDICTED

CAROLINA PLAYED STRONG AGAINST TAMPA BAY BOTH TIMES AND WON.

December 4 1:00 p.m. EST at Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 38–19December 24 1:00 p.m. EST Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 48–16

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!

Seaweed Nation
    EXCELLENCE IN PROGNOSTICATION !!!!

Seaweed
    Update your status

Seaweed Nation EXCELLENCE IN PROGNOSTICATION !!!!

Detox
    Detox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

sports_monster

First 12345 Last