SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

The line is now -8 in Vegas and I think it's just too high.

Look at what kind of points these teams have been scoring lately. Both are averaging 17-18 points over the last 5 games.

Power rankings show Pittsburgh with a margin of victory -4.

How do they figure Pittsburgh covers that many points?

Denver at home
    Roethlisberger high ankle sprain.
    Mendenhall out
    Moore questionable

Does anyone else here see value in taking Denver +8?

broller
    broller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

I definitely see the value in Denver.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    15-1 & the D still gets no respect.Lead the league in T.O. differential- No respect-win back to back SB's & you'll say IDK how they did it with that porous D--betting against the PACK at home in the playoffs= foolish.
    They have already beaten every NFC playoff team except SF with that defence that can't stop anyone.
    I do agree with your opinion on Denver vs Pitt & have taken Pitt.
    Exactly. I give that defense very little respect. Outside of their interception quota, they stink. They were almost infinitely better last year and commanded a lot of respect. From this capper and most others.

Last year they finished the regular season rated 5th in total defense. This year they are last. That once dominant pass rush has all but disappeared this year.

I give that offense the respect of a king. Aaron Rodgers to me is still the best offensive weapon in the game. His protection is at time suspect of late and it showed a bit late in the year but for my money he is the best.

But that team is a one trick pony this year. Not impossible but improbable given the state of that D.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

While we're on the subject of bad defenses, whose gets torched worse if New England meets Green Bay in the Super Bowl?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    While we're on the subject of bad defenses, whose gets torched worse if New England meets Green Bay in the Super Bowl?
    I have my doubts that either side will be there.

New England is so badly beat up I can't see them in. They are one more offensive and defensive line injury away from a complete holocaust.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Tomlin 7-0 OVER in playoffs. Tomlin 5-2 ATS in playoffs.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

I'm playing the under, I don't trust the Steelers to cover with the way the offense has been playing and Von Miller could have a big day getting through that mediocre to average O-Line and sacking Roethlisburger a bunch since he holds onto the ball forever.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Turnovers will be the key to Pittsburgh -7 spread. If the defense get after T-bone then they can cover. If not then it could be a lopsided game. I think PITTS "D" will control the game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Of course god forbid denver could ever score off defensive plays or special teams.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Gotta hand it to the books here. They throw out a 9 point road fave and 75% of the public is biting.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I think the Teaser can works both ways here. Either Steelers -2.5 or Broncos +14.5 with the Under at 41.

I think Fox going to play ultra conservative again, and will let Tebow loose in 4th. If Rothliesberger play like his healthy version airing out the ball the verses that venerable Broncos's secondary, then this game is going to be a blow out. If Tomlin decides to play it safe like he did against Cleveland, then Denver should be able to cover 2 touchdowns.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    The Tebow Experiment loses to the Steelers 99 out of 100 times.

Is it just me, or is -7 a gift?
    That 1 out of 100 just happened.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    That 1 out of 100 just happened.
    Yup, I got Tebowed!

It's all good, I got to give it to Tebow and the Broncos, they did a great job. And even though I got a little buried, that was an awesome ending, and best of all, my Pats don't have to play the Steelers!! Although I hope this won't be a case of Be Careful What You Wish For.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Ben's bum ankle won't be able to avoid the Denver pass rush

First 12