Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Pitt -7 at Denver ALL DAY

The Tebow Experiment loses to the Steelers 99 out of 100 times.

Is it just me, or is -7 a gift?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Pitt stinks on the road, Broncos cover

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

When is this game? What is the total? It will be low scoring

Corleone
    Corleone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Yea, Pitt should thank Phillip rivers. Den has got to be the worst playoff team in history, and cincinnatti not far behind. And hou with their 4th stringer QB not far behind that. Raiders or Chargers are 10 points better than all 3 those teams.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Denver in the playoffs is a joke. Detroit in the playoffs is a joke to. Both teams got in but they are both one and done. I think Bengals go to Houston next week and pull the upset.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

-7 in a playoff game on the road? Not like Pitt has some monster offense.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Pittsburgh has really played average on offense of late. Denver has played below average to dam near comical. Where did you get this line and is the under posted yet? That may be the best bet.

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Mendenhall likely out.big ben not at his best.

Pitt wins in a low scoring game. 13-7

Antwon1825
    Antwon1825's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt blows theyll lose.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Pittsburgh has really played average on offense of late. Denver has played below average to dam near comical. Where did you get this line and is the under posted yet? That may be the best bet.
    It was at bookmaker when I made this thread, but it's been taken down now!

As for Pitt not playing well of late, I could care less; Big Ben and his cronies know how to pick it up in January... and even if they only play okay on offense, they STILL win this game 23-10.

Tebow is out of that job by Week 5 of the 2012 season.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    Yea, Pitt should thank Phillip rivers. Den has got to be the worst playoff team in history, and cincinnatti not far behind. And hou with their 4th stringer QB not far behind that. Raiders or Chargers are 10 points better than all 3 those teams.
    dude its the nfl, did you forget about the seahawks 2010?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Back on the board now but up to 7.5. O/U is 34.5.

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

I see +9.

Brett
    Brett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 539

Last year seattle was a joke of a playoff team and the saints went there and beat em

Oh wait....

Corleone
    Corleone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    Good point about Seahawks.
    But sea played decent at home and they were catching a N.O. Team that had No d, and was horrible on the road.

Pittsburgh doesn't have the same problems.

But 7.5 road fav did remind me of that no/sea game last year!

My point was I think Pitt much rather take at Den vs. At Oak or at SD. IMO

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Need more group discussion on this...

Bookmaker still has it at -7.5.

It definitely sucks about Mendenhall, but have you guys WATCHED this Broncos offense try to operate now that teams have film on Tebow and know to just keep him in the pocket?

This is the fukkin Steelers we're talking about. They still gave up the fewest yards in the league this year, even with guys dinged up a lot of the time. And you KNOW Ben will still be money for them even with his ankle when the stakes get upped.

I've been conservative with my bets lately, but this looks to deserve a significant play. What are you thoughts, fellow degens?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

How many games did the Steelers blow someone out on the road this year?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    How many games did the Steelers blow someone out on the road this year?
    How many times did they face a quarterback with a 46.5% completion percentage?

It's kind of funny, this game arguably features the most overrated QB vs. the most underrated one. Does anyone think Ben doesn't play a solid game here? He only has to guide them to about 21 points or so for the Steelers to cover in my opinion.

Again, though, I do get nervous about no Mendenhall and maybe no Ryan Clark. It's possible that the under is a safer play. But it's only 34.5! Hmm...

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Ben's bum ankle won't be able to avoid the Denver pass rush

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I seriously don't know at this point whether or not Denver will score at all. Dick LeBeau is one of the sharpest defensive coaches in the game and he has absolutely the best personnel available to contain that mess Denver has put on the field in the last few weeks.

I wonder what kind of team total they put out for Denver in this game. That may be the wager here. Anything over 14 would be worth a long, long look.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    I seriously don't know at this point whether or not Denver will score at all. Dick LeBeau is one of the sharpest defensive coaches in the game and he has absolutely the best personnel available to contain that mess Denver has put on the field in the last few weeks. I wonder what kind of team total they put out for Denver in this game. That may be the wager here. Anything over 14 would be worth a long, long look.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Ben's bum ankle won't be able to avoid the Denver pass rush
    The Denver pass rush is now almost a non factor. Since teams have figured out that Denver has a big problem stopping the interior rush the Broncos have been forced to go with an extra downed lineman on the interior, leaving Von Miller on the bench for extended downs. Check the box scores and see what a non factor Miller is. This is mostly due to the scheme they are forced to use and compounded by some tentative play by Miller since the thumb surgery.

Now the Steelers have to go with Ike Redman and that human cannonball ain't going anywhere but right up the gut between the tackles. That again is going to for the most part eliminate the pass rush.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Nice Pauly.

Looks like one of my calculus exams.

True.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

I seriously don't know at this point whether or not Denver will score at all. Dick LeBeau is one of the sharpest defensive coaches in the game and he has absolutely the best personnel available to contain that mess Denver has put on the field in the last few weeks.

I wonder what kind of team total they put out for Denver in this game. That may be the wager here. Anything over 14 would be worth a long, long look.
    The Denver pass rush is now almost a non factor. Since teams have figured out that Denver has a big problem stopping the interior rush the Broncos have been forced to go with an extra downed lineman on the interior, leaving Von Miller on the bench for extended downs. Check the box scores and see what a non factor Miller is. This is mostly due to the scheme they are forced to use and compounded by some tentative play by Miller since the thumb surgery.

Now the Steelers have to go with Ike Redman and that human cannonball ain't going anywhere but right up the gut between the tackles. That again is going to for the most part eliminate the pass rush.
    Sharp posts, Billy. We are of a similar mind here.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Pittsburgh never cover... but I would take them moneyline.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    Let's not forget the Giants and Falcons. GB essentially gets TWO BYE weeks.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    You guys are going way overboard now. There are talented guys all over the field for the Giants and Falcons. The Giants just mauled the Cowboys in a winner take all game. You can't compare those teams to the Broncos. There are mostly solid, balanced teams in the playoffs.

The only ones I'd say don't deserve it are Denver and Cincy. Texans got fukked with injuries but still have a great D.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    That is an absolutely ridiculous statement given the inability of the Green Bay defense to stop anyone.

EvilBettor
    EvilBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I think Steelers are an absolute disaster waiting to happen to Denver and Tebow-mania. They match up perfectly (and I mean the wrong way... in Steelers favor) LOL

Defensively Denver will be stopped by the Steelers. I agree Denver will have a very hard time scoring.
    Denver will try to run out of desperation... Steelers will be ready and knock a fumble or two out of Tebow as he will be scrambling a lot in this game.
    Denver will be forced to throw... without success.
    Steelers will be passing all day and Denver will not be able to stop them from scoring. I can see a blowout, but a low score blowout. 24-6 kinda game.

As for the spread, I see what you see. Bookmaker -7.5. All other books -8 and -9. This is a gift! I immediately took PIT -7 (bought hook). I am also leaning under. But, will likely not bet because of the already low total number of 35.

primetime408
    primetime408's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    they had a very capable QB and a "Beast" of a RB. Tebow is not capable one bit and McGahee has been hampered by his hammy of late. I'd be VERY VERY surprised if Denver scores at ALL. If they do it was because of a turnover in Pitt territory and only get a field goal. Pitt covers...

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

That is an absolutely ridiculous statement given the inability of the Green Bay defense to stop anyone.
    15-1 & the D still gets no respect.Lead the league in T.O. differential- No respect-win back to back SB's & you'll say IDK how they did it with that porous D--betting against the PACK at home in the playoffs= foolish.
    They have already beaten every NFC playoff team except SF with that defence that can't stop anyone.
    I do agree with your opinion on Denver vs Pitt & have taken Pitt.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by primetime408 View Post
    they had a very capable QB and a "Beast" of a RB. Tebow is not capable one bit and McGahee has been hampered by his hammy of late. I'd be VERY VERY surprised if Denver scores at ALL. If they do it was because of a turnover in Pitt territory and only get a field goal. Pitt covers...
    Seattle was 7-9 & by far the worst playoff team to take the field. N.O. was banged up pretty bad & didn't really look prepared to compete which was a big part of why seattle won.Denver at 8-8 has problems scoring but have a solid DEFENCE & are a weapon or 2 from being a contender in the afc.

BroncosFN
    BroncosFN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

I'm gonna put $1 on the Broncos + however many points 2 minutes before kickoff on Sunday.

That's how confident I am that the game will go well for Denver.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    How many times did they face a quarterback with a 46.5% completion percentage?

It's kind of funny, this game arguably features the most overrated QB vs. the most underrated one. Does anyone think Ben doesn't play a solid game here? He only has to guide them to about 21 points or so for the Steelers to cover in my opinion.

Again, though, I do get nervous about no Mendenhall and maybe no Ryan Clark. It's possible that the under is a safer play. But it's only 34.5! Hmm...
    Completion % is irrelevant. Only efficiency and turnovers.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Completion % is irrelevant. Only efficiency and turnovers.
    Right, and how many times has Tebow turned it over in the last few weeks, five or so?

Plus you can't say completing the ball is irrelevant! If you can't complete passes you can't convert third downs and you're giving the ball back to the other team. Then the entire burden falls on your defense to play flawlessly and even turn the ball over.

12 Last