dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

why do you have a thread like this if when people answer your question, you answer by calling them a bitch? you proved my point for me... the guy has never played in a playoff game... but thats not a reflection on him at all is it? you wanna throw numbers around? really? how does this number sound? 75.5 career qb rating...How bout this one? 57.9 career completion %...How bout this one? 67/75 td/turnover ratio...how bout this one? 28-36 career record.. should i stop now?

"i would like all the people who dont believe in this team to tell me why and with good reason..."..... I have given you my answer... good luck with this guy vs brady, rodgers, brees, rothlisberger, ect..... sure he has had decent 10 weeks vs none of the top 7 or 8 teams in football... but yea, keep smoking thinking this guy is gonna take you to the promise land... ill take one of the real qbs, brady, rodgers, brees, roth, ect.... you can have this clown and his 75% rating..
    Last edited by dlunc3; 11-21-11 at 09:10 PM.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    why do you have a thread like this if when people answer your question, you answer by calling them a bitch? you proved my point for me... the guy has never played in a playoff game... but thats not a reflection on him at all is it? you wanna throw numbers around? really? how does this number sound? 75.5 career qb rating...How bout this one? 57.9 career completion %...How bout this one? 67/75 td/turnover ratio...how bout this one? 29-36 career record.. should i stop now?

"i would like all the people who dont believe in this team to tell me why and with good reason..."..... I have given you my answer... good luck with this guy vs brady, rodgers, brees, rothlisberger, ect..... sure he has had decent 10 weeks vs none of the top 7 or 8 teams in football... but yea, keep smoking thinking this guy is gonna take you to the promise land... ill take one of the real qbs, brady, rodgers, brees, roth, ect.... you can have this clown and his 75% rating..
    im not even gonna get into this with u..u are the same type of person that will say that theres no way trent dilfer can win a superbowl or that theres no way matt hasselback can beat a drew brees in the playoffs..alex smith has had more adversity than any qb EVER...there are more aspects to winning football games than just qb play dumbass and alex is doing just fine hence the 9-1 record..u are whats called a "star rooster_eater" with your love for the elite qbs..i never said alex was elite but hes just what this team needs

dlunc3

you wanna hear the most disgusting of them all? first qb taken in the 2005 nfl draft: ALEX SMITH.... second qb taken in the 2005 nfl draft: Aaron Rodgers

dlunc3

are you kidding? he was given the best team in the nfc west for how many yrs now, yet could do nothing with it... keep defending mr 75.5 qb rating with his 67/75 career td/turnover ratio (or does this stat have nothing to do with the qb position either?)

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    im not even gonna get into this with u..u are the same type of person that will say that theres no way trent dilfer can win a superbowl or that theres no way matt hasselback can beat a drew brees in the playoffs..alex smith has had more adversity than any qb EVER...there are more aspects to winning football games than just qb play dumbass and alex is doing just fine hence the 9-1 record..u are whats called a "star rooster_eater" with your love for the elite qbs..i never said alex was elite but hes just what this team needs
    exactly what this team needs??? haha you mean exactly what this team can win in spite of?? your right, Aaron Rodgers would be no good there, they NEED alex smith

MidgetTossers

man u are a child and absolutely clueless...he was given the best team in the nfc west....

MidgetTossers

u are the first person i have ever put on my ignore list..congratulations

dlunc3

wow, i thought i was a bad homer... this guy thinks alex smith got peytons talents this yr since peyton is out... sorry bud, you have a rude awaking coming

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny how all the people who root for other teams assume that niner fans consider alex smith elite. As a Niners fan, I can assure you that he is not elite but he makes enough plays to win with the team we have. Obviously having a very good QB(Vick in the case of philly) is not the only thing needed to win games.

I just dont see how anyone could take a solid defense(#1 14.3/ppg) and good offense(#7 tied with ravens at 25.6/ppg) lightly. I can see why you could be confident against them if your just focusing on alex smith but as a complete team they are good. Not counting they have pro bowl punter(#1 in net avg and #2 in avg yards) in andy lee and top 5 kicker in Akers.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Ever think there may be more to a team than a QB. Bears fan here and we do well because of special teams and defense stepping up. Jay Cutler is a great quarterback but certainly not the best yet they have winning seasons.

I do believe San Fran is yet to be tested but from their games played they certainly are impressive. They're a good team and will be fun to watch come late in the season.

As far as gambling goes I have not bet on a single Niners game ever. Never really cared for the team. Not saying I don't like them, I just never paid much attention to them. Wouldn't know how to bet them

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a Niners fan by far and have no dog in this fight, but how I can' for the life of me understand how one can discount what they're doing this year? Winning isn't easy in the NFL and I think any level-headed person knows the phrase "on any given Sunday". They are just playing and beating the opponents put in front of them, regardless how. I see more excuses on why teams lost to them than why they beat a them and it really exposes people's biases. Watch them with your eyes and tell me they aren't good and don't play their asses off. Harbaugh has given this team a new identity and it shows in their play. I'm not saying they're the best team or will win the SB, but after basically just getting a new coach and having the most team your seeing what a team play's like when they really buy into the coach and isn't that what every team wants?

Reading comments everywhere makes it sounds like how people reacted to teams like Boise in college when they crashed the party, but the NFL and college are not the same. So what if SF has a weak conference and hasn't had the most difficult SOS, they are winning their games and I'm curious what people will say this week. I think it will go one of two ways:

1) They win - Excuses will be made in either discounting BAL as an opponent or making excuses.
    2) They lose - All the told you so's come out and point out that's what happens when you play a real team or BAL is discounted as a contender. Go back and look at who BAL has lost to this year by the way.

Bottom line, SF is a much improved team trying to prove themselves every week. Are they a contender?? Hell if I know, but these are the storylines that make the NFL interesting and why it's so popular.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

are you kidding? he was given the best team in the nfc west for how many yrs now, yet could do nothing with it... keep defending mr 75.5 qb rating with his 67/75 career td/turnover ratio (or does this stat have nothing to do with the qb position either?)

WOW those numbers look eerily similar to......gulp......Micheal Vick & Vince Young

Smith 75.5 qb rating 67/75 td/turnover ratio huh??

well.....

Vick 80.1 qb rating 104/101 td/turnover ratio
    Young 75.1 qb rating 44/58 td/turnover ratio

Please explain why you defend M. Vick & V. Young till you're blue in the face yet laugh @ somebody defending a QB w/ nearly identical stats??

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

How many teams have started 9-1 the last 10 years? Anyone know, I'm curious.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

WOW those numbers look eerily similar to......gulp......Micheal Vick & Vince Young

Smith 75.5 qb rating 67/75 td/turnover ratio huh??

well.....

Vick 80.1 qb rating 104/101 td/turnover ratio
    Young 75.1 qb rating 44/58 td/turnover ratio

Please explain why you defend M. Vick & V. Young till you're blue in the face yet laugh @ somebody defending a QB w/ nearly identical stats??

#1: when have defended those guys until I was blue in the face? Obviously Vick is a talented qb and great at times, but also bad at time... I defended Vince young the other night when someone started a thread saying he shouldnt be in this league anymore... which is obvious nonsense.. never did I defend him, and say he is great and that he was good enough to win a sb, like you are all trying to make alex smith sound...

#2: you wanna compare vick and smith? why did you stop with just your two stats? and for the two stats you did present, why did you make up false numbers???? Vicks career td/turnover ratio is 136 tds / 102 turnovers.... why dont you just keep your mouth closed when you are obviously clueless.. funny how you left out Vick's 20 yards per game more then Smiths, and how he has a career win % OVER .500 when Smiths is WELL BELOW... why you chose to compare vick to smith is beyond retarded... Im not saying Vick will ever win a sb anytime soon, but to compare Smith to him is an absolute joke..

Tell me which stats were identical between Vick and Smith????? SMith has 8 more turnovers then tds, vick has 34 more tds then turnovers... And Vick actually has a career WINNING %... you obviously just talk out of your ass at all times.

#3: This argument was never about vick or any other qb... sure philly sucks and has never won a SB.. cool... How is that relevant here?? the question was why people dont believe in this team, and I have given an answer that cannot be disputed, hence the redirecting the response to other teams/players, bc their is no answer to combat what I have said.. YES, the niners have a great d, great run game, and good wrs... BUT... sure, trent dilfer did it, but that was 1 out of how many years? YES, it can be done by a below average qb like alex smith.. but will it?? HIGHLY UNLIKEY. To answer your question yet again, Smith, unfortunately, will hold this team back. Ill side with the real qbs in this league: brady, rodgers, brees, roth, ect...

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

1) That's weird, I could have sworn for the last month I've been telling you that Vick deserves as much blame as anybody for the Eagles 4th Q failures this yr & is the most overated QB in the league & you have been defending him & putting the blame on the defense & the punter & hailing Vick as the 3rd best QB in the league behind Rodgers & Brady?? My bad, I guess that was somebody else

2) No I don't want to compare Vick & Smith. As much as I feel Vick is one of the more overrated QB's of our time even I would admit he's better than A. Smith. I'm not analyzing his career #'s & stacking them UP vs Smith. I'm using the two that you brought UP while insinuating that Smith is a terrible QB & that is QB rating & td/to ratio. Well, his #'s in those categories aren't that far worse that Vick & Young. And this yr they've actually been considerably better. Whoever said anything about winning % anyhow??

3) I can't argue that because I happen to agree w/ it. I don't trust Smith either & obv would take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roth & even Vick for that matter.
    Last edited by upscope; 11-22-11 at 01:51 PM.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    1) That's weird, I could have sworn for the last month I've been telling you that Vick deserves as much blame as anybody for the Eagles 4th Q failures this yr & is the most overated QB in the league & you have been defending him & putting the blame on the defense & the punter & hailing Vick as the 3rd best QB in the league behind Rodgers & Brady?? My bad, I guess that was somebody else

2) No I don't want to compare Vick & Smith. As much as I feel Vick is one of the more overrated QB's of our time even I would admit he's better than A. Smith. I'm not analyzing his career #'s & stacking them UP vs Smith. I'm using the two that you brought UP while insinuating that Smith is a terrible QB & that is QB rating & td/to ratio. Well, his #'s in those categories aren't that far worse that Vick & Young. And this yr they've actually been considerably better. Whoever said anything about winning % anyhow??

3) I can't argue that because I happen to agree w/ it. I don't trust Smith either & obv would take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roth & even Vick for that matter.

how arent they far worse??? they arent even close
    Last edited by dlunc3; 11-22-11 at 01:56 PM.

dlunc3

and you are correct, though vick has not had his best year, he has played well enough for philly to be at a MINIMUM of 7-3... he has put his team in position to be 9-1 to be perfectly honest with you... the bears game, though he gave his team the 4th quarter lead, he came up short at the end... other then that, he has done enough, even though he has not played up to par this season... you have never heard me say he should be #3 qb.. I have said all along, he is anywhere from 5-8, depending on your personal preference

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

dlunc3, thanks for the laughs. call me a homer, but i have been cleaning up betting the niners while my friends faded them week after week after week POSITIVE that would be the one they have a letdown. these are the same people that kept betting on the eagles because obviously they KNEW the eagles would turn it around and go on a big streak ATS. last week was the FIRST week they stopped fading the niners.

dlunc3

keep betting them vs these bottom feeders... by all means...I will as well... but let me know when they beat one of the nfls top 9 teams (gb, pitt, balt, ne, atl, no, chic (with cutler), houst (with schaub), or even dallas (who is overrated bc of their 3 game win streak, like the niners, vs bad teams)... then we can talk

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

why do you have a thread like this if when people answer your question, you answer by calling them a bitch? you proved my point for me... the guy has never played in a playoff game... but thats not a reflection on him at all is it? you wanna throw numbers around? really? how does this number sound? 75.5 career qb rating...How bout this one? 57.9 career completion %...How bout this one? 67/75 td/turnover ratio...how bout this one? 28-36 career record.. should i stop now?

where do you get this shit from? colin cowturd?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

No chance the 49ers win a playoff game as long as that scrub alex smith is QB

lightweight
    lightweight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1064

you wanna hear the most disgusting of them all? first qb taken in the 2005 nfl draft: ALEX SMITH.... second qb taken in the 2005 nfl draft: Aaron Rodgers
    The second QB selected in the 2005 draft was Jason Campbell. Aaron Rodgers was the third QB selected.

The problem the 49ers have is that they're soft against the pass. Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc, they're all strong against the run, but the team still lacks an elite pass rusher (Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks have speed moves, and neither would be described as dominant). Be realistic: can you see this defense holding Green Bay or New England or New Orleans to less than 24 points? If these teams spend the game in Spread sets, the only thing which will save the 49ers are INTs, fumbles and dropped passes, cause these teams are going to march the field with the right playcalling.

If Kyle Williams can show something and give this club a legit threat at the #3 WR, maybe Harbaugh can open up the offense a little and we can see if Smith is capable of leading this club on sustained drives that result in TDs. So far, Smith has only proved that is capable of following the Trent Dilfer formula.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    How many teams have started 9-1 the last 10 years? Anyone know, I'm curious.
    I think this query should give you the teams who started 9-1 since 2001 and what they did their next game.

dlunc3

weird... his offense has 6 points the first time he has faced one of the nfls top 7 teams?

dlunc3

this guy will never win a post season game

dlunc3

he looks like a deer in headlights... cant handle the big stage

chopperocker

he looks like a deer in headlights... cant handle the big stage
    "he looks like", "in my opinion", "i think", "tell me why", "i would like". YOU SIR, ARE A TOOL!!! every game is a different situation. any given sunday. you must be another one of those idiots that fall in and out of love with the flavors of the day, week, month and year. do you also have plays of the day, month and year?

dlunc3

Ok, let's not view it as "flavor of thhe day/ month/ yr"... Let's view his career as a whole and go from there... Sure you wanna do that??
    Last edited by dlunc3; 11-26-11 at 12:49 PM.

chopperocker

Ok, let's not view it as "flavor of thhe day/ month/ yr"... Let's view his career as a whole and go from there... Sure you wanna do that??
    just curious, who you like on sunday? chargers or broncos? im thinking you like broncos.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wasn't really his fault, offensive line got destroyed. There first game against the elites and they looked like they didn't belong, game was never even close regardless of what the scoreboard said.

dlunc3

this is why sf is not a threat

First 12