MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

San Fran

First off I am a long suffering niner fan..This team has been god awful for 10 yrs now..Things have really changed really fast around here..Contrary to a lot of things I see written about this team on this forum I really think this team has a good chance to be good for a long time..First off have you ever seen a coach come in and do what Harbaugh has done?..I defy you to find one..He has taken a QB who nobody wanted here and has completely transformed him into a very serviceable QB...i.e..a 95.8 QB rating, 11 tds and only 3 ints but most importantly 8 wins in 9 games

I have been seeing people on this forum saying that this team has zero chance of beating Green Bay..only chicago, new orleans and even the giants have any shot..this is the nfl and anything can happen if you have watched any nfl games this year

The niners have given up the fewest points in the league, have the #1 rush defense(havent given up a TD on the ground so far this year and havent had a 100yd rusher in 30 games)..Patrick willis is an absolute stud but navarro bowman actually has been better than him at 2nd in the nfl in tackles with 92

Carlos Rogers is tied for 1st in INT's with 5 and they have a rookie in Aldon Smith who is 11th in the league with 6.5 sacks

they are #1with a +13 in the most important category, turnover ratio

Defensive lineman Justin Smith ran down speedster Jeremy Maclin to force a game clinching fumble against philly..he also batted down the last pass by eli manning to beat the giants just last week..thats heart and determination there

they are 4-0 on the road this year with games in philly, cincy, detroit and washington..very impressive to win 4 road games against anyone in this league as evident of some of the road losses we have seen this year

niners secondary gives up yards but its a bend dont break type secondary as evident in the fewest points allowed in the league

i would like all the people who dont believe in this team to tell me why and with good reason...

Thanks and have a nice day

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive been a SF believer for some time (hell i liked them coming into last season, lol)..they got serious talent on the defensive side and a offense that is good enough...

what can i say, im a sucker for a legit d and a run gm..

I have no doubt they can play with gb, everyone seems to think a team has to have big time fire power to have a shot but a ball control offense would go a long way. key would be forcing gb to drive the field and then making a few plays in the red zone. Of coarse the scary thing would be pack coming out fast and forcing Smith to throw alot against a opportunistic Capers d that would give him a lot of looks..

it really hard to watch gb right now and think anyone beats them in the playoffs but i dont see how SF chances would be any less than the other teams being mentioned, hell if anything id give sf more of a shot...49ers prob better equipped to play a gm at Lambeau in jan than any of those teams mentioned and even packers themselves (dont screw around and get the 1 seed)..

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beating GB will be tough

but not impossible

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    ive been a SF believer for some time (hell i liked them coming into last season, lol)..they got serious talent on the defensive side and a offense that is good enough...

what can i say, im a sucker for a legit d and a run gm..

I have no doubt they can play with gb, everyone seems to think a team has to have big time fire power to have a shot but a ball control offense would go a long way. key would be forcing gb to drive the field and then making a few plays in the red zone. Of coarse the scary thing would be pack coming out fast and forcing Smith to throw alot against a opportunistic Capers d that would give him a lot of looks..

it really hard to watch gb right now and think anyone beats them in the playoffs but i dont see how SF chances would be any less than the other teams being mentioned, hell if anything id give sf more of a shot...49ers prob better equipped to play a gm at Lambeau in jan than any of those teams mentioned and even packers themselves (dont screw around and get the 1 seed)..
    yea i agree with everything you said..i just dont get why a lot of people on here say they have zero chance..they must not be watching ....

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    yea i agree with everything you said..i just dont get why a lot of people on here say they have zero chance..they must not be watching ....

doesnt really surprise me, every week all you see is ppl looking for reasons to fade them..the masses love flashy, something 49ers clearly are not..

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

niners have the curse of the gay quarterback (jeff garcia)

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    way to contribute a solid take on the topic pal

have u ever seen his wife?..he's far from gay

MidgetTossers

and judging by your avatar you are a jets fan..i bet they are on the phone right now trying to sign jeff garcia to qb that team...

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

gay means a f.a.g quarterback

MidgetTossers

another tidbit for us gamblers..niners are 8-0-1 ats so far this year

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

i believe in your team, but will fade them in the playoffs.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    gay means a f.a.g quarterback
    You meant Sanchez?

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    i believe in your team, but will fade them in the playoffs.
    this is a popular thing to say and i still havent seen anyone lay out as to why they would fade..

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

They have proved me wrong. Good team.

They were inches away from losing to the lions on that 4th and goal play which he just crossed the line

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    i thought that guy was gay also, but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmella_DeCesare

http://www.centerfoldlist.com/carmel...ss-april-2003/

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    i wish i was that gay

MidgetTossers

update:

9-0-1 ATS now and add 5 more turnovers to that +/- ratio

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

but they are in the worse division out there,put them in a real division where they play the good teams twice and this conversation wouldnt happen,but saying that,its not there fault they are in the suckiest division and for years they couldnt beat there own johnson,but im sure if they make playoffs,the cream will go to the top and we will see where they are

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would love to see a CHI/SF game in the playoffs.

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    but they are in the worse division out there,put them in a real division where they play the good teams twice and this conversation wouldnt happen,but saying that,its not there fault they are in the suckiest division and for years they couldnt beat there own johnson,but im sure if they make playoffs,the cream will go to the top and we will see where they are
    ..that was their 2nd divisional game bro and the "if they make the playoffs" made me laugh even harder..do u realize if they beat baltimore thursday that they would have already wrapped up their division?

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    same here...

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    chicago might have to get there without cutler...broken finger on his throwing hand..might be done for the year

MidgetTossers

bump

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

One good reason:

You are basing this of 10 games that the 49ers have played under their new head coach.....Are you saying that this will go on for the next 5 years, like with Eagles, Giants, Packers, and Saints (just NFC teams)?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

alex smith cant win a playoff game

id even be surprised to see him beat a one of the top 7 teams (n.o, gb, chic, atl, pitt, balt, ne) in the regular season, let alone post season

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

id even be surprised to see him beat a one of the top 7 teams (n.o, gb, chic, atl, pitt, balt, ne) in the regular season, let alone post season
    don't you mean Dallas DL? They are better than Atl and they are the team that beat the niners. Also, no Cutler, Chicago is done.

Holeaway
    Holeaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Go Niners

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    don't you mean Dallas DL? They are better than Atl and they are the team that beat the niners. Also, no Cutler, Chicago is done.
    atl was garbage at the beginning of the year, but have come a long way imo..

dallas is so overrated right now.. since they got embarrassed in philly, everyone is so high on them bc of their last 3 weeks, forgetting that they were against three of the worst teams in football... they will win 10 games and make the playoffs though, as their schedule continues to be nice the rest of the way. I personally have those other 7 teams ahead of them.... but yes you are correct though, they are better then sf as well have more potential to do damage in the playoffs

dlunc3

and yes, you are right about chicago

MidgetTossers

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

u are such a hater dl..well u have been surprised a lot this year and last with your phillies and eagles so why stop now..get your popcorn ready cause u will be surprised once again
    Last edited by MidgetTossers; 11-21-11 at 08:29 PM.

dlunc3

hater? weird how I dont hate the teams with the good qbs.. you ask for reasons why, and i give you one.. you have no answer, so you chose to bash philly.. way to go

dlunc3

hey when the niners lose in the first round, it will be ok since the eagles lost too right?

dlunc3

does that make you feel better since you have no answer regarding your glaring weakness?

MidgetTossers

13 tds 4 ints 93.9 passer rating..yea hes terrible...dude has never been in a playoff game yet nostradamus here dl can see the future..u are a complete idiot and have no clue..have a nice day

MidgetTossers

oh i forgot the most important stat...9-1 bitch!!!

12 Last