View Poll Results: What is your LOCK for Monday Nights Game?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas -7

22 25.29%
  • Philadelphia +7

46 52.87%
  • UNDER 47

11 12.64%
  • OVER 47

8 9.20%
    foreclosuregods
    foreclosuregods's Avatar Become A Pro!

POLL: The LOCK for the Dallas/Philly game tomorrow ???

Line is Dallas is -7 (47)

Thoughts?

outforseason36
    outforseason36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly straight up +245. That's the lock.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

No "locks" here.

I actually like Dallas. Philly may be overrated right now after dismantling a dreadful Rams team last week, I still don't think they are in the same league as Dallas. We will learn a lot about both teams tonight.

LT Profits

Oh and there are plenty of -6.5s out there.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by outforseason36 View Post
    thats what i have.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by outforseason36 View Post
    Worth a shot!

Can you imagine laying -280 on the Cowgirls in this spot?

Who are these people???

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Worth a shot!

Can you imagine laying -280 on the Cowgirls in this spot?

Who are these people???
    Why not? I don't think it's that outrageous. The Cowbiys are easily the best team in the NFC and they will be looking to make a statement after Philly won so easily last week.

That said, -6.5 -110 is better than -280 on the ML.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

I'm not touching this one, but I think the over would be a good bet.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

The over is looking real good that cowboy O-line is legit Cowboys might score 35 If its anything like the Browns game (Yes i know the Browns have a shit pass rush) Romo will have all day again. Its been a long time since i've seen somebody have 7 seconds to throw with no defenders even close to him. May take the Cowboys team total.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Phi +7 huge!

They upset them in Dallas last year and this year the Eagles are even better in the secondary, McNabb is healthy, he finally has a speedy receiver, and don't forget Westbrook is healthy and he always punishes Dallas.

Romo will get hit and it will all change for Dallas, the Browns secondary is terrible and he won't get easy looks downfield this time.

Cowboys might win, but by a field goal or 4 points, no way they cover the 7.

teaserpleaser

Never mind I took Philly Team Total over 20 ...

foreclosuregods
    foreclosuregods's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just like the over in this game. Why does everyone like Philly in this one? The 2 biggest question marks is how is Philly's Defense going to respond to Dallas's offense AND how is Philly 's Offense going to respond to Dallas's Defense.

Thoughts?

teaserpleaser

I think this one will have the feel of the San diego vs Denver game ... A shootout I know Dallas is going to score alot from what ive seen the best o-line in the NFL right there. I also think dallas's secondary is over rated but we'll see.

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by foreclosuregods View Post
    I just like the over in this game. Why does everyone like Philly in this one? The 2 biggest question marks is how is Philly's Defense going to respond to Dallas's offense AND how is Philly 's Offense going to respond to Dallas's Defense.

Thoughts?
    Philly is a stronger, nastier team this year. I do not consider myself a super-handicapper. You have two really tough teams facing each other. Unless you really feel strong about this game my advice is to stay away. Too tough to call for me.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

all this jibber jabber about LOCKS nothin is a lock not even close

just like the guys that say they bet 5k a game unreal,mods need to do their work

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    all this jibber jabber about LOCKS nothin is a lock not even close

just like the guys that say they bet 5k a game unreal,mods need to do their work

Right on!!! There are no locks, only educated guesses. Wish my guesses has a little more education this week. lol

There's always next week.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

as much as i dont like that lt guy i think he is right

philly/38 ppg for ranked 1rst/points allowed 3 ranked 1rst
    @
    dallas/28 ppg for ranked 2nd/points allowed 10 ranked 4th

gl guys its hard enough betting on not close games with favorible spreads,let alone a game like this
    week 5 we shall have something actually worth a penny

Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    The over is looking real good that cowboy O-line is legit Cowboys might score 35 If its anything like the Browns game (Yes i know the Browns have a shit pass rush) Romo will have all day again. Its been a long time since i've seen somebody have 7 seconds to throw with no defenders even close to him. May take the Cowboys team total.
    This game is all open, but Philly got the edge in my opinion...
    I won't say that Philly win and that a bet on the Boys is a bad one, but I realy like the Eagles this year.
    - McNabb is finaly healty
    - L.J is back and is a big threat in the red-zone where the Eagles struggled last year
    - They have found a returner and a deep threat in Jackson, also that they was missing last year
    - They'r D is stronger this year + a great shutdown corner ins Samuel who can get some of the int's that the Eagles was missing last year...

As TP wrote... It's the opposite what's gonna happen. Now way Romo gonna get 7 sec's against a great blitz D that the Eagles have. I think the Eagles win 21-10 in a big game by the Eagles D and T.O. goes 0-9 against the Eagles
    Last edited by Clueless_Norway; 09-15-08 at 10:38 AM.

teaserpleaser

I took the eagles Team total over 20 ... so I like your Eagles score pick but if you think dallas is held to 10 points i want some of what your taking its good shit ! If anything this thing is a shootout... like I said The Dallas o-line is legit but the browns pass rush is slow Eagles dial up blitz's so we'll see I see it Dallas 28 philly 24 Dallas could score in the 30's...

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Why not? I don't think it's that outrageous. The Cowbiys are easily the best team in the NFC and they will be looking to make a statement after Philly won so easily last week.

That said, -6.5 -110 is better than -280 on the ML.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends..... will Jessica Simpson be in attendance?

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

philly aint in dallas league
    are you guys smoking crach
    its not even CLOSE

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles moneyline. Eagles have a very good blitz scheme and their defensive line is very good. Rams are bad, and it yet to seen if the Browns are that much better.

Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Why I pick the Eagles:
    - McNabb in great form
    (I know ith was the Rams, but he looked good both running and passing)
    - L.J is back so they got a threat in the red-zone (finaly)
    - They got a deep-threat in Jackson
    (The first real deep-threat since TO + a returner that won't turn the ball over)
    - The Eagles blitz and and their stronger both in the secondary and at the line
    (I agree with element, the Browns might get a bad year too. They'r better than the Rams, but I think their overratet again and u saw what happend to the overrated 49ers last year...)
    - Great line at the Eagles ML

I know the Cowboys is a great team, but I think a lot of people on SBR underrate the Eagles. A lot of people on here write about their last season and WHAT if McNabb and/or Westbrook get hurt. Neither McNabb or Westbrook is bound to get hurt every season + what if Romo and/or TO get's hurt??? The Boys struggled last time TO was hurt...

I think this is two equal teams and im a Eagles fan. Both teams should manage to get 12+ wins and it gonna be a rat-race for the NFC East champion. Also I think both games gonna be close, so a good tips from me is to go with the + points in those games.... If the Boys was the fav i'v might go with them, but it's too hard to bet against your fav team so it would'v been a no play.

Also I think all the trash talk from TO this week will get the Eagles team fired up, except for McNabb who doesn't care anymore...

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No "locks" here.

I actually like Dallas. Philly may be overrated right now after dismantling a dreadful Rams team last week, I still don't think they are in the same league as Dallas. We will learn a lot about both teams tonight.
    I agree completely, LT. But, for the sake of my column, I had to take a stab at this game and while I think Dallas wins, I don't think they'll cover. Romo had a great game against a Browns team that is equally as hapless as the Rams. the Browns are the only team in the league to start with two home games and they are still 0-2 - and their head coach is a dufus.

Red Man Spit
    Red Man Spit's Avatar Become A Pro!

11th Hour Play

PHL +7 -125

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly owns this series. They are built and equipped very well to handle Dallas. I'm probably going to do a two-team teaser with Philly +14 and Over 39. Remember, Romo blows when the spotlight is on him.

HOMAR
    HOMAR's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok..guys i m on philly +7.5 -110 .. IHOPE THE COWGIRLS WIN BY 4 OR 6 PTS... NO MORE INTERDIVISIONAL GAME ALWAYS FUN TO SEE...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Dead serious, Who's better?

I couldnt even tell you who the second best team is right now, the Cowboys are that much better than eveyone else.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

wow nobody on the under? These teams do have good defenses. I dont think 47 points are scored in this game. Remember the last time these 2 teams hooked up? 23 points

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles D is GODD

it all comes down to how McNabb performs

it always has with PHIL

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Cloak & Dagger View Post
    Eagles D is GODD

it all comes down to how McNabb performs

it always has with PHIL
    The Eagles front seven is good, but the secondary is mediocre at best, especially the safeties.

As for McNabb, it will be hard for him to do well with Ware, Ellis and Spencer chasing him all game. Also, Andy Reid is just too thick-headed to run the ball more to slow down the pass rush.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Jim Johnson could get pressure on a QB with 11 nuns playing defense. Romo is going to have to move around a lot more and is not going to have the time to throw like he did vs Cle. Cle, even though they added 2 stud tackles - it's not that hard to avoid tackle pressure when you have no ends or LBs getting up the field. Philly is MUCH better in this regard.

There's good arguments for both sides on this game, but Dallas is a far superior team from a talent standpoint... But this is where you start to see who can do damage later on in the year and who can coach/manage/scheme a game --- Philly is MUCH MUCH better in this regard - in fact, it's not even an argument. So, scheme with decent/good talent versus superior talent and suspect coaching. Who wins?

It's hard not to like Philly and the points, but damn - Dallas is just so much better. Philly is up, but they still have only 2 playmakers on O. Philly's only shot is to put some points up and force Romo to make mistakes, just like they did last year. No matter how much I think Philly plays a great scheme on D - playmakers on O can overcome that in the regular season.

I think if this is Dallas' year, then they have to win this game. I think they do win.

gm2022girl
    gm2022girl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    wow nobody on the under? These teams do have good defenses. I dont think 47 points are scored in this game. Remember the last time these 2 teams hooked up? 23 points
    I agree with you. But im still going to leave this game alone because anything can really happen.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jigga what? Safeties aren't difference makers, but they are pretty solid. Yes, Brian Dawkins is not a dominant force, but he is still good vs. the run & Quentin Mikell is not bad in coverage. Not GREAT, but not a liability. How you gonna argue with Samuel, Sheppard & Brown? That's a solid CB trio LT.

This game to me is won or lost by the Eagles ability/inability to get to Romo. If he has time to throw, game over. Basically, Eagles need a carbon copy of their game plan executed from their last meeting in '07.

123 Last