View Poll Results: What is your LOCK for Monday Nights Game?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas -7

22 25.29%
  • Philadelphia +7

46 52.87%
  • UNDER 47

11 12.64%
  • OVER 47

8 9.20%
    SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Its the little things sometimes that you have to look at. Most teams, like Cleveland have to double TO a lot throughout the game, not the Eagles. Samuel will contain and frustrate TO, who is all about trying to show off tonight. This alone takes away Dallas' largest weapon, they will have to run more and dump to Crayton and Witten keeping this one closer than 6.5...Prediction DALLAS 29 Philadelphia 27

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Dead serious, Who's better?

I couldnt even tell you who the second best team is right now, the Cowboys are that much better than eveyone else.
    Week in and week out, it is not always the most talented team or the team with the highest payroll who wins.

The Cowboys have all the talent in the world, I don't think anyone can argue that. But they are usually undisciplined and are plagued with players with bigger mouths than hearts. This is why year after year, they fall apart. I have no reason to believe that is going to change this year.

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Eagles front seven is good, but the secondary is mediocre at best, especially the safeties.

As for McNabb, it will be hard for him to do well with Ware, Ellis and Spencer chasing him all game. Also, Andy Reid is just too thick-headed to run the ball more to slow down the pass rush.
    you're spot on about Andy Reid....

and I should have listed to you yesterday with the Pats...good call

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Jigga what? Safeties aren't difference makers, but they are pretty solid. Yes, Brian Dawkins is not a dominant force, but he is still good vs. the run & Quentin Mikell is not bad in coverage. Not GREAT, but not a liability. How you gonna argue with Samuel, Sheppard & Brown? That's a solid CB trio LT.

This game to me is won or lost by the Eagles ability/inability to get to Romo. If he has time to throw, game over. Basically, Eagles need a carbon copy of their game plan executed from their last meeting in '07.
    Well that's just it, "good against the run" and "not bad in coverage" won't cut it vs. the Dallas receivers, including Witten, who is more of a receiver than a tight end.

I agree that getting to Romo would be the Eagles' best chance, but I don't expect that much of that vs. the great Dallas O-Line.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This will be a 3 point game either way. Bet accordingly.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

There is only one lock in this game...

Tony Kornheiser will say something stupid.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

under

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    Its the little things sometimes that you have to look at. Most teams, like Cleveland have to double TO a lot throughout the game, not the Eagles. Samuel will contain and frustrate TO, who is all about trying to show off tonight. This alone takes away Dallas' largest weapon, they will have to run more and dump to Crayton and Witten keeping this one closer than 6.5...Prediction DALLAS 29 Philadelphia 27
    so samuel is going to take away TO bc what? bc you say so? come on no amigo. nobody takes away TO, nobody

Italia_NYC

No one needs to take away TO. TO will take away himself. I'm sure he's good for his usual 3 drops tonight.

ryanXL977

he sure didnt drop shit last week
    dallas wins hti sgame by double digits
    philly is overrated
    wont make the playoffs

Italia_NYC

LOL....did someone say Philly was overrated? I only find that funny, because everyone knows Dallas is the most overrated sports team we have ever seen. They are one season away from being compared to the Detroit Lions. A team filled with hope and promises, whose players do alot of talking, whom everyone predicts will make it deep into the playoffs, and.....................nothing! This has been going on since 1996! The Cowboys haven't proved anything to anyone. Stop believing the media hype.

ryanXL977

how did philly do last year? the cowboys will win 13 games, whether they make it after that i dont know, it has nothing to do with hype, i watch the games
    they are a pro bowl team. philly isnt shit, they are a 9 win team

Italia_NYC

Ok, well it's clear you are a fan; so no one will change your beliefs. Just don't forget rule #1 in sports gambling; never bet with your heart.

ryanXL977

i never bet with my heart
    i dont think philly wins 10 games, im not impressed
    how are they better than dallas? in what way? at what position?

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    LOL....did someone say Philly was overrated? I only find that funny, because everyone knows Dallas is the most overrated sports team we have ever seen. They are one season away from being compared to the Detroit Lions. A team filled with hope and promises, whose players do alot of talking, whom everyone predicts will make it deep into the playoffs, and.....................nothing! This has been going on since 1996! The Cowboys haven't proved anything to anyone. Stop believing the media hype.

Italia_NYC

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    i never bet with my heart
    i dont think philly wins 10 games, im not impressed
    how are they better than dallas? in what way? at what position?
    My friend, in no way I'm I suggesting Philly is a better team than Dallas. That's doesn't mean they aren't, that just means I am not suggesting such. I'll tell ya what though; I'll take the Philly coaching staff all day long over the Dallas skill players. Especially this year. Wade Phillips is a lame duck in Dallas this year and he knows it. Philly has been known for doing more with less. Whereas Dallas is known for doing less with more.

Either way, I wish you and your team the best of luck.

ryanXL977

we will see tonite
    dallas wins games in the regular season
    the playoffs they seem to stop running the ball

they lost to the super bowl champs, not a lot of shame in that

dallas wins tonite, easily

LT Profits

Well I am very objective and the EAGLES are the more overrated of these two teams right now. Dallas is deserving of all the love they are getting this year.

ryanXL977

its not even close between these two
    not close

Italia_NYC

Just to clarify and be sure we all have the same meaning of the word "overrated"; Take from Meriam Webster; Overrated : to rate, value, or estimate too highly <overrates his importance to the team>. It also says "see also Dallas Cowboys".

Listen I'm not an Eagles fan, matter of fact I dislike like them greatly; but for anyone to say they are more overrated than the Cowboys needs to really understand the meaning of the word. The Eagles year in and year out are usually "underrated". You don't hear anyone predicting them to make the Superbowl this year do you?

LT Profits

But the point is the Cowboys ARE the best team in the NFC this year and should make the Super Bowl, while the Eagles are getting unwarranted respect for blowing out a minor league team last week.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

One thing is the Eagles secondary is very physical, which could be a factor as TO is not the bravest receiver of all time and could disrupt the timing routes by the Dallas receivers. But I would expect Jason Witten to have a big day running through the middle of the field.

Italia_NYC

I think we're really taking this thread off topic. But the Cowboys were supposedly the best team in the NFC last year, and the year before that. How did that work out for them? The only point I am trying to drive home is that other than embarrass themselves year after year with high hopes and fallen dreams, they have not proven anything. Nothing. Yet every year, the same rumors and ridiculous claims and predictions arise, and people are too quick to hop on the wagon. Take it all with a grain of salt.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love reading alot of this. It gets me pumped up about the game even more because 95% of America is handing this game to Dallas & gives Philly little-to-no chance. I hope the Eagles shove it right down America's F-ing throat.

F DALLAS

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

But the point is the Cowboys ARE the best team in the NFC this year and should make the Super Bowl, while the Eagles are getting unwarranted respect for blowing out a minor league team last week.

You gotta think the NFL is salivating over the thought of a potential Cowboy v. Steeler SuperBowl when Brady went down. Much like the Lakers v. Celtics last year.

ryanXL977

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    I think we're really taking this thread off topic. But the Cowboys were supposedly the best team in the NFC last year, and the year before that. How did that work out for them? The only point I am trying to drive home is that other than embarrass themselves year after year with high hopes and fallen dreams, they have not proven anything. Nothing. Yet every year, the same rumors and ridiculous claims and predictions arise, and people are too quick to hop on the wagon. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    this isnt last year, last year is over with
    they are better this year than last

Red Man Spit
    Red Man Spit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I love reading alot of this. It gets me pumped up about the game even more because 95% of America is handing this game to Dallas & gives Philly little-to-no chance. I hope the Eagles shove it right down America's F-ing throat.

F DALLAS

I couldn't agree more.

LT Profits

Bet with your head, not with your heart.

EaglesPhan36

I do. That's why I don't bet on Eagles games. The only sport where I would never bet on my favorite team because I don't ever want to sit there and root for the other team to score shit.

GL with your plays tonight ladies. I hope all your Dallas plays fail miserably. This is the only game every year that I'll be rootin' against you peeps.

ryanXL977

dallas is going to win this game, either by 25 or 5, not sure which
    they aint losing to this overrated eagles 9 win squad who is not gonna make the loffs

EaglesPhan36

Over rated? After 1 game? I love you.

ryanXL977

overrated after every year

diehardfan
    diehardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I teased it:

Dallas -1/2
    Over 40 1/2

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    all this jibber jabber about LOCKS nothin is a lock not even close

just like the guys that say they bet 5k a game unreal,mods need to do their work
    just because you cant hit 58-60% doesnt mean other people cant.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ended up playing the Eagles +6.5

First 123 Last