kgrock
    kgrock's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats the deal with these officials not calling the walks??

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Feels good to end college season on a high note. Congrats to everybody on a good college season here at SBR Hoops.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha, Humphrey takes four steps and they don't call a walk, 3 seconds later he hits a 3.
    UCLA decides it's a good idea to start fouling with 4 minutes left so the game can go over. Now they're fouling fown by 15 with 1:24 left. What a joke.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by kgrock
    whats the deal with these officials not calling the walks??
    They're NBA officials working their part time jobs.

Razz

UCLA CALLS TIMEOUT WITH 55 seconds left DOWN BY 15, so they can foul, since that's the only possible way the game goes over.

kgrock
    kgrock's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a crappy final 4 this was

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by kgrock
    what a crappy final 4 this was
    Great tournament over all but yea the final four was a bummer.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida was the better team, although they were one charity call away from losing to Georgetown about a hundred years ago in the regional.

I loved LSU to beat Duke and when they did, I loved LSU, too much.

And when LSU was embarrassed by UCLA I was overly impressed and loved UCLA, too much.

Never put a dime on Florida for the entire tournament -- and they deserved the money. I should have, because maybe I would have loved them a little, too.
    Last edited by Jay Edgar; 04-03-06 at 10:40 PM.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

lost 6 bets on the final four ...

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apparently Florida is the best team in the nation. They were ferocious tonight. Nobody could have beaten them. They had about 20 dunks on one of the best defensive teams in the nation. It was easy.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Edgar
    Never put a dime on Florida for the entire tournament -- and they deserved the money. I should have, because maybe I would have loved them a little, too.
    Nobody did.

Everybody faded Florida because Razz always badmouthed them. He even had me convinced and I graduated from Florida!

Alamorich

I think next year I will play a lot more prop plays ala Razz. I played LSU going further than Duke and then Florida taking the final four. Both plays had a nice return and it kept me from having to deal with spreads and being influenced by "experts" and by what I saw while watching the games. Don't know it that makes any sense.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    Nobody did.

Everybody faded Florida because Razz always badmouthed them. He even had me convinced and I graduated from Florida!
    Razz did say Florida was overrated alot. And did bet against
    them in every game. But hey Florida got good at the
    right time!! No one to blame but ourselves if
    we didnt bet Florida..

Florida was by far the best team in the country!!!

Alamorich

I think it was Bama that was all over Florida early and often. I think what hurt UCLA tonight was that they weren't challenged in their last game and then Florida came out and punched them in the mouth and they got stunned.

Razz

Yeah, I pretty much whiffed this one. I actually had a really good year, and even showed a profit in the tournament, but I feel like an idiot.
    What makes it the most frustrating is that I went 8-1 during the season going on or against Florida - then bet against them 5 times in the tournament (obviously unsuccessfully).
    I do smile realizing that my first bet of the year was Florida +1.5 against Wake Forest.
    Last edited by Razz; 04-03-06 at 11:25 PM.

Alamorich

Florida had that tag of not being able to beat a good team most of the regular season. The sense was that they were underachievers and plus the SEC is considered an inferior basketball conference. Unless you were a die hard Gator homer there's no way anybody who followed this league all year would have foreseen Florida coming out on top. I didn't hear one TV or Radio guy talk about Florida winning this thing. Florida made everybody look silly.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Yeah, I pretty much whiffed this one. I actually had a really good year, and even showed a profit in the tournament, but I feel like an idiot.
    What makes it the most frustrating is that I went 8-1 during the season going on or against Florida - then bet against them 5 times in the tournament (obviously unsuccessfully).
    I do smile realizing that my first bet of the year was Florida +1.5 against Wake Forest.
    Florida certainly went from a peak to a valley and then to the top. The undiscussed key to this team was the benefit they gained from their losses. Because they were so young, Donovan didn't know exactly what to expect from all his players. If you tracked this team carefully you saw that after the losses, they got healthy and Donovan solidified their rotation. Players began to understand their roles and Noah and Horford became completely different players.

First 12