2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

11/28 NCAA hoops plays and discussion thread!!

Working strange hours this week so this be about normal time I can get thread up. I have No problem if someone wants to start it sooner or maybe I can start them night before?

Per usual im just sitting down to look at card so no plays yet just wanted to get thread up so everyone can start chiming in with questions, thoughts, whatever, ya'll know the drill, more talk the better go go go!!

Kodytena22
    Kodytena22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Nothing bet yet but I’m liking
    Baylor and the points and also the over

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Here it is

2daBank

Like Purdue but missed the good number and I'm usually skeptical of playing on a team when it their 1st game home from one of the island tourneys. Similar to cuse ville been sitting at home getting fat off cup cakes, never believe that prepares a team to go out on road against real competition.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I like Purdue to win but think the line is sharp... stay away for me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kodytena22 View Post
    Nothing bet yet but I’m liking
    Baylor and the points and also the over
    I agree I like Baylor too.

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I agree I like Baylor too.
    Ton of the public on Xavier. I’m going to let them drive it up another 1/2 to 1 point

2daBank

Baylor +4.5.. bears thumped Xavier at around similar time last season in Waco. Venue has changed but not a lot else. Baylor's zone gave Xavier fits and I expect more of the same here as Xavier depends on getting points inside and from the charity stripe. Baylor is among the best in the nation not allowing opposing teams free points at the ft line. In that meeting last year Xavier dominated the glass and thst not only didn't matter but I don't expect that to continue. As long as the free throw margin is fairly close I think Baylor can take this game outright, give me the points.

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Georgia tech?

2daBank

Ohio-3.5.. Iona jump shooters off a long layoff. teams been getting whatever they want against the gaels defense, a couple mediocre offenses just hung 85 and 89 vs this team in the tourney they participated in. Give me the better defensive team that won't settle for jumpers who lost a close one at Iona last season to turn the tables at home.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thecutter View Post
    Georgia tech?
    Ugh, I dunno. They play such ugly basketball. Was really interested in the under but arriving late to the party cost me too many points off the opener.. pass for me, why do you like them?

GPrime19
    GPrime19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 906

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Yeah.. line just makes me wanna bite into Louisville and see what they have.

2daBank

Prob right. Even the total, lean under but they came in a lot lower on that number than I would have expected.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime19 View Post
    Yeah.. line just makes me wanna bite into Louisville and see what they have.
    I just can't stand teams that sit at home playing cupcakes while others are out competing against good competition on nuetral courts.. doesn't always mean they suck just really hard to know as ya can't really trust any of their numbers.

GPrime19
    GPrime19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 906

I just can't stand teams that sit at home playing cupcakes while others are out competing against good competition on nuetral courts.. doesn't always mean they suck just really hard to know as ya can't really trust any of their numbers.
    Yeah, it’s a pass for me, but I feel similar to the Cuse Win over Maryland yesterday, -8.5 isn’t sitting right with me.

2daBank

Appalachian st +11

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Leaning under on Xavier Baylor game...Also like Ohio -3.5. Might do another 10 pt teaser with VCU (-1), Va Tech (+1.5 home to Iowa), South Dakota St (+20.5 @ Mississippi), and FSU +5.5 (@Rutgers)

2daBank

Wake forest -2.5... I know these guys have had a horrid start to the year. That said I trust manning to get it figured out and today they facing a incredibly young Illini team who has stayed home playing cupcakes. 1st real opponent and first road test for this young team and I think it a big ask. Wake struggles defending the 3 but Illini hasn't shot well and don't expect that to change venturing to a hostile environment tonight.

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

Why is Vandy such a big fav? Line dropped a little already, but -15.5 is still very high imo, what do you think?

2daBank

Havnt come across that one yet bro, I'll check it out.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Why is Vandy such a big fav? Line dropped a little already, but -15.5 is still very high imo, what do you think?
    I agree it looks really high., I don't love smallish jump shooting teams on the road but hell radford stayed within 10 at Ohio st who I think bigger and certainly more physical than vandy. Good catch, think im gonna play it.

2daBank

Radford +15.5.. maybe vandy takes out some frustration here but this line seriously looks 4-5 points high. Vandy hasn't exactly been good defending the perimeter and radford has some kids that can stroke it. I don't love playing on smallish jump shooting teams on the road but really don't believe vandy is physical enough to expose them.

2daBank

Not sure I understand the South Dakota st/ol miss line going up? Wanna play jackrabbits but line move kinda curious.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Super chalky, but I got Georgetown -23.5 against a small Maine team that doesn't do anything well. Over the past few years they've lost to P5 teams by 44, 31, 13, 39, 20, and 39. The last two are this season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Super chalky, but I got Georgetown -23.5 against a small Maine team that doesn't do anything well. Over the past few years they've lost to P5 teams by 44, 31, 13, 39, 20, and 39. The last two are this season.
    Makes sense, I just have a miserable time with spreads of this size.

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

Not sure I understand the South Dakota st/ol miss line going up? Wanna play jackrabbits but line move kinda curious.
    I really like them, too... +11 looks solid

2daBank

South Dakota st +11.. can't resist,, I try not to read much into line moves so not going to here.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Baylor +4.5.. bears thumped Xavier at around similar time last season in Waco. Venue has changed but not a lot else. Baylor's zone gave Xavier fits and I expect more of the same here as Xavier depends on getting points inside and from the charity stripe. Baylor is among the best in the nation not allowing opposing teams free points at the ft line. In that meeting last year Xavier dominated the glass and thst not only didn't matter but I don't expect that to continue. As long as the free throw margin is fairly close I think Baylor can take this game outright, give me the points.
    X is #2 in nation in adjusted field goal %. Can’t they shoot through that Baylor zone d? I liken it to Florida shooting well against Duke zone d Sunday (before blowing that game of course).

X also top 20 in A/TO ratio. I think teams who don’t move the ball well are the ones who really struggle more against the zone.

Idk, I think Baylor’s in the midst of a tough non-conf stretch: Wisconsin, Creighton, @Xavier, Wichita State. I don’t see them sweeping that slate and this looks like the spot to let down on the road.

BOL on the rest of your card!!

2daBank

X is #2 in nation in adjusted field goal %. Can’t they shoot through that Baylor zone d? I liken it to Florida shooting well against Duke zone d Sunday (before blowing that game of course).

X also top 20 in A/TO ratio. I think teams who don’t move the ball well are the ones who really struggle more against the zone.

Idk, I think Baylor’s in the midst of a tough non-conf stretch: Wisconsin, Creighton, @Xavier, Wichita State. I don’t see them sweeping that slate and this looks like the spot to let down on the road.

BOL on the rest of your card!!
    Much different situation. Gators are pure shooters. Xavier accomplished that percentage getting into the lane, tops in the nation in 2 point fg % at a whopping 66.4%. Much like last season I don't think they will find the teeth of Baylors defense so inviting. Gators can simply light a zone up from over the top with shooters all over the floor, on other hand Xavier only has 2 legitimate shooters which makes defending them from a zone little easier.

Thus far Baylor 3 point defense been solid, I honestly don't know if that them or more to do with not playing great shooting teams? But honestly doesn't matter much to me here as I mentioned Xavier isn't really a team of shooters.. I could be wrong, happens all the time! Lol., gl

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

I have exactly two rules in CBB betting:

1) Never bet on a BYU game.

2) Never bet on a Scott Drew coached team.

That said, I hope Baylor hits for you.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    I have exactly two rules in CBB betting:

1) Never bet on a BYU game.

2) Never bet on a Scott Drew coached team.

That said, I hope Baylor hits for you.
    Lol, probably not bad rules.

2ndchance
    2ndchance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Baylor has not looked good to me at all if Xavier can shoot from the outside its going to a long night for Baylor.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
    Baylor has not looked good to me at all if Xavier can shoot from the outside its going to a long night for Baylor.
    Wouldn't count on that. Xavier only has couple guys that really stroke it from behind the arc. Bluiett gonna get his, just like he did last year. Baylor totally stiffled them from inside the arc last year and I expect more of the same..

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

How do you feel about Virginia Tech -9? Iowa just seems terrible

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BreesIsTheGOAT View Post
    How do you feel about Virginia Tech -9? Iowa just seems terrible
    Iowa sucks but I just can't justify that number with tech who not exactly World beaters either. Another team been padding record and stats w cup cakes and they can even do that right losing to slu!!
    Points Awarded:

BreesIsTheGOAT gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

123 Last