No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Iowa State was +6.5 at Kansas last Monday

Now they're +6.5 at Oklahoma this Monday?

Really? I know the Cyclones have been garbage on the road so far, but the Sooners aren't the Jayhawks. I have ISU +4 in this spot. Am I that far off?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

could be cause the whole ncaa is garbage i dont think there is enough talent among these teams to get consistent read. iowa state can score +6 looks good.

when kentucky is about to go undefeated but they arent anywhere near the conversation when it comes to all time great teams, i think that shows how little talent there really is right now.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Oklahoma to tough for these soft Cyclones

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Oklahoma for me

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Now they're +6.5 at Oklahoma this Monday?

Really? I know the Cyclones have been garbage on the road so far, but the Sooners aren't the Jayhawks. I have ISU +4 in this spot. Am I that far off?

Could it be the other way around that the books realized the line @KU was 2-3 points too short and it is what it's supposed to be vs. OU?

CHIB
    CHIB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

What am I missing here? ISU was +6.5 against KU and didn't cover, lost by 13.

Sooners beat KU at their own place and have a team that struggles on the road coming into their own home. Niang is the only advantage that ISU has against the Sooners.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Scofield View Post
    Could it be the other way around that the books realized the line @KU was 2-3 points too short and it is what it's supposed to be vs. OU?
    Possibly.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

I really want no part of ISU away from home. Teams that jump-shoot and play no defense don't travel well. However, i think OU style of play could keep them in the game, because these teams are very similar. Imo it's OU or pass. Opening line speaks for itself.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I really want no part of ISU away from home. Teams that jump-shoot and play no defense don't travel well. However, i think OU style of play could keep them in the game, because these teams are very similar. Imo it's OU or pass. Opening line speaks for itself.
    Similar how? Outside of them both being pretty good offensively and I guess somewhat close tempo wise as in Sooners play little quicker than avg at least. Beyond that I don't really get the comparison, Kruger's team actually plays defense which isu should never be accused of..

2daBank

not sure how you could make isu only +4 on the road vs anyone w a pulse? They right up there among most overrated teams in the country. They good at home, so what. Team soft as shit just like their coach..

GT21Megatron

Outside of Fogg ALLEN...Oklahoma has one of the best home court advantages out their. Have been lights out past couple of years

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not sure how you could make isu only +4 on the road vs anyone w a pulse? They right up there among most overrated teams in the country. They good at home, so what. Team soft as shit just like their coach..
    Poptart soft

2daBank

Only thing that surprised me was where the stupid rankings have isu. U know me I rarely notice the rankings and personally I'd flip them, then drop isu a few more spots from where they have ou..

KRIT

Similar how? Outside of them both being pretty good offensively and I guess somewhat close tempo wise as in Sooners play little quicker than avg at least. Beyond that I don't really get the comparison, Kruger's team actually plays defense which isu should never be accused of..
    Offensively they are pretty similar. But yea, I agree OU a lot better defensively.

2daBank

I'm seriously cracking up looking at that #11 by isu. If that team the 11th best in the country I don't know shit cause I'm pretty sure I can come up w at least 20 teams Id put ahead of them, then another 30 that prob bet on knocking them out of the dance, lol..

GT21Megatron

I'm seriously cracking up looking at that #11 by isu. If that team the 11th best in the country I don't know shit cause I'm pretty sure I can come up w at least 20 teams Id put ahead of them, then another 30 that prob bet on knocking them out of the dance, lol..
    Their the 2014 version of IOWA to a T

KRIT

They have top 10 talent on the team, problem is they play no defense and their style of play won't take them far. They moved to #14 today, but reason why they are that high is because college hoops has been lacking a lot of good teams for the last couple years. Just look at the rankings, after the top 10, not many great teams. Imo, there are about 10 really good teams, and then after that there are about 15-20 teams that are pretty equal.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Wow -- a lot of contempt for ISU. I don't think they're as good as last year, but they're still a solid squad. Morris is the best A/TO point guard basically in NCAA history, Niang can do it all, McKay is the shot blocker/defender they've been missing on the low blocks, Thomas and Long can shoot alongside anyone....I don't like how they disrespect the shot clock and possession of the basketball with leads, but I guess I don't think they're nearly as overrated as you do.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

They have top 10 talent on the team, problem is they play no defense and their style of play won't take them far. They moved to #14 today, but reason why they are that high is because college hoops has been lacking a lot of good teams for the last couple years. Just look at the rankings, after the top 10, not many great teams. Imo, there are about 10 really good teams, and then after that there are about 15-20 teams that are pretty equal.
    Really no difference between a No. 15 and No. 50 team anymore.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I feel like OU wins ways at home and ISU does the same in Ames against the Sooners.

2daBank

I understand where the quality of hoops is and im sure the 10 or so more teams i have ahead of them on my personal rankings could have arguments against. But none of them got beat by freaking South Carolina on a neutral court!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Really no difference between a No. 15 and No. 50 team anymore.
    That I def agree with.. I just happen to think most the portion of those on the lower end can and prob will help isu to a early exit from the tourney.. U right I have very little respect for this squad, while their style of play is certainly more aesthetically pleasing than most these days it also not a winning brand of ncaa hoops in the current state it is in.. Hopefully sooner than later the decision makers do something logical and shorten the damn shot clock at least to the 30 seconds the women even use !!

KRIT

Two of the better scoring teams here. Refreshing to actually watch a college basketball game where they score.

May look to take OU live. Should be a lot of runs in this game. ISU always a safe bet to bet live against when they have leads.

KRIT

Are you watching....these teams are clones of each other.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Are you watching....these teams are clones of each other.
    Perimeter D optional for Oklahoma, apparently.

BigDofBA

This what bball should be. Up and down the court action, people making plays.

Great first half.

KRIT

Got me some OU ML Live when they were down 7. Feel pretty good about it. OU has all the momentum. This is a jump shooters game, i'll take my chances with the home team.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Iowa State was 9-13 on 3s that half and they are only tied. Gotta believe that Oklahoma has the advantage in the 2nd half. ISU wont shoot that good the whole game and OU is at home.\

If you just look at the boxscore - OU has contested more shots (5 blocks to 0), they are outhustling Iowa State on offensive rebounds (10-6), and they have turned it over less (7 to 4).

OU shoots free throws way better than Iowa State.

There's no reason why OU shouldnt win this game.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 02-09-15 at 08:58 PM.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This what bball should be. Up and down the court action, people making plays.

Great first half.
    Lol. The commentators at half time just said what I said almost verbatim.

survive
    and advance

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Iowa State was 9-13 on 3s that half and they are only tied. Gotta believe that Oklahoma has the advantage in the 2nd half. ISU wont shoot that good the whole game and OU is at home.\

If you just look at the boxscore - OU has contested more shots (5 blocks to 0), they are outhustling Iowa State on offensive rebounds (10-6), and they have turned it over less (7 to 4).

OU shoots free throws way better than Iowa State.

There's no reason why OU shouldnt win this game.
    Good points here

Plaza23

OU is on a 20-4 run. I keep waiting for Iowa State to come back a little bit and then get on OU live, but i dont think its going to happen. Oh well, i'll still watch for Kaylee Hartung.

Plaza23

78-62. All OU in the 2nd half.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Plus 16 baby

survive
    and advance

Sooners team total already cashed sweet

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

March gonna be a straight toss up.. Everybody jump shooting teams that don't play much D.. Throw in the neutral sites and you have chaos

12 Last