sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

One thing I'll never understand...

How some of these D-1 teams can shoot 55% or worse from the stripe over the course of a game. Do they not practice FT's? A bad night should be somewhere in the 60-65% range. Jesus I could step up to the line right now and hit 10 of 20.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Its turned into such a SIZE and speed game that "basketball skills" like shooting from the line are of secondary importance

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Its fuckkkn crazy though ---agree

JWags85
    JWags85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

You can shoot 50% right now? Ok, go run 3 miles and then try. Or let me scream in your ear while you do it.

I agree that these percentages should be higher, but its hard to practice game situations and pressure which make them tough. Plenty of players shoot a high percentage in practice and then crumble in gametime because of tiredness, crowd influence, and general game stress.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's face this kids don't practice free throw shooting as much as they should....some real goons that can't shoot or shoot free throws like Kansas st whole team can't shoot

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by JWags85 View Post
    You can shoot 50% right now? Ok, go run 3 miles and then try. Or let me scream in your ear while you do it.

I agree that these percentages should be higher, but its hard to practice game situations and pressure which make them tough. Plenty of players shoot a high percentage in practice and then crumble in gametime because of tiredness, crowd influence, and general game stress.
    I understand some of that. But you really want to use the tiredness excuse? They are D-1 athletes. If you're getting too tired to shoot FT's at a decent percentage, then maybe your practices aren't what they should be. Crowd influence? maybe. Certainly not at this puerto rico tourney where some of these teams are shooting 50-55% in front of a crowd of 50 spectators. If this was late in game pressure situations, that MAY be the only reasonable excuse. But even then, they are D-1, as in the best of the best coming out of HS. They have played basketball for at least a decade of their lives. I'm not expecting the world here, just for these college bums to be able to shoot at a higher % than I can. And yeah, if I ran 3 miles and shot my FT's i still would bet I could hit 50%.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07