Originally posted on 11/21/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by JWags85 View Post
You can shoot 50% right now? Ok, go run 3 miles and then try. Or let me scream in your ear while you do it.

I agree that these percentages should be higher, but its hard to practice game situations and pressure which make them tough. Plenty of players shoot a high percentage in practice and then crumble in gametime because of tiredness, crowd influence, and general game stress.
I understand some of that. But you really want to use the tiredness excuse? They are D-1 athletes. If you're getting too tired to shoot FT's at a decent percentage, then maybe your practices aren't what they should be. Crowd influence? maybe. Certainly not at this puerto rico tourney where some of these teams are shooting 50-55% in front of a crowd of 50 spectators. If this was late in game pressure situations, that MAY be the only reasonable excuse. But even then, they are D-1, as in the best of the best coming out of HS. They have played basketball for at least a decade of their lives. I'm not expecting the world here, just for these college bums to be able to shoot at a higher % than I can. And yeah, if I ran 3 miles and shot my FT's i still would bet I could hit 50%.