mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Georgetown -1.5 is a LOCK

Otto Porter is killing it right now, arguably the best player in all of CBB. Not to mention, JT3 has his team playing amazing down the stretch. I'm riding the Hoyas -1.5...a MUCH better team in my opinion.

NET#21
    GO BIG BLUE!!
    NET#21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love Georgetown tonight HATE the word lock.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

It would seem so
    but why are they such small favorites?

ThunderMonkey
    Bang the books!!!
    ThunderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Small fav because UConn at home is stiff. Only loss to Nova in last 5 games, beat a shitty Cinnci team, S Hall at home, DePaul and the Cuse. That's why the line is low. I agree Porter is on fire!!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

@ the OP

Who is Georgetown playing?
    (I know they are playing up the road here in Connecticut, and playing UConn) but you don't mention that in your post.
    Porter is having a nice year, but so is that kid out of Creighton, McDermott, so is MoMo, etc. etc. etc.

Porter is shooting the ball well, doesn't change the fact that overall the Hoyas are still a crappy shooting and rebounding team.

Do the Hoyas have an answer for the Husky guards Boatwright and Napier?

You do know that coming up the the XL center is a difficult place to win.
    You do know that this UConn team is extremely tight (as in a close team) and are playing with a chip on their shoulder.
    The Huskies don't care they aren't going to the tourney (ineligible), they just play to win every night.
    Huskies will treat this game tonight like the 'Cuse game. (How'd that work out for the Orange?)

Not saying UConn wins, but this is hardly a lock.
    But if you start a lock thread, you might want to mention who the opponent is next time.

mdunlap3

I would guess because UCONN is a historically successful program, its a conference match up, and they are the home team. All valid reasons, but UCONN are clearly underachieving this season. GTOWN is coming off a huge win at carrier...i'm riding the hot hand on this one.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Saying a road team in a big matchup is a lock cracks me up everytime.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Gtown struggles offensively, and Uconn gets hot at home. Hardly a lock play. But next time you post a lock, try to do a little research and EXPLAIN why you think a 'lock' is a lock. You can't pick a 'lock' simply cuz a fckin team is hot.

mdunlap3

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    @ the OP

Who is Georgetown playing?
    (I know they are playing up the road here in Connecticut, and playing UConn) but you don't mention that in your post.
    Porter is having a nice year, but so is that kid out of Creighton, McDermott, so is MoMo, etc. etc. etc.

Porter is shooting the ball well, doesn't change the fact that overall the Hoyas are still a crappy shooting and rebounding team.

Do the Hoyas have an answer for the Husky guards Boatwright and Napier?

You do know that coming up the the XL center is a difficult place to win.
    You do know that this UConn team is extremely tight (as in a close team) and are playing with a chip on their shoulder.
    The Huskies don't care they aren't going to the tourney (ineligible), they just play to win every night.
    Huskies will treat this game tonight like the 'Cuse game. (How'd that work out for the Orange?)

Not saying UConn wins, but this is hardly a lock.
    But if you start a lock thread, you might want to mention who the opponent is next time.
    Creighton and IONA are not GTOWN cmon son..not even close, check the SOS. Otto has performed against legitimate opponents, consistently and he is on fire currently. Uconn has some horrible games, barely taking OT to beat south florida, providence,cincinatti....all mediocre teams on their absolute best day. Not to mention got destroyed by an over-rated Louisville squad. In my opinion, superstars win road games, otto is certainly a superstar. If i have learned anything from any quantitative analysis of anything, the trend is your FRIEND. I'm riding the GTOWN trend of dominating their opponents lately, and the trend of otto killing the people trying to check him.

mdunlap3

How is it so farfetched that Georgetown wins by a bucket? They just won at the hardest place to play in the country, against one of the hottest teams in the nation.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mdunlap3 View Post
    but UCONN are clearly underachieving this season.
    Excuse me?
    You don't watch much Husky basketball do you?

First off, half the team bolted to either Missouri, the NBA, or other NCAA programs once the NCAA goons put the Huskies on that bogus one year suspension.

Second, Kevin Ollie took over a team of Napier, Boatwright, a couple of Euro's and 9 guys named Mo.
    If you looked at who the Huskies lost for whatever reason at the start of the season, and looked at the roster who UConn sends to war every night, you would have said UConn would go 12 and 18 at best. At best!

Ollie is on the short list of coach of the year honors, the team loves him and buys into his program.

UConn beat Michigan State, beat Syracuse, beat top 20 Notre Dame, is 19 and 7 that has no business winning 10 games so far this year with this squad, no less 19 wins, and is 9 and 5 in that Big East Conference.

And yet you say they underachieving.

Either you don't watch Big East basketball, or you don't know the definition of the word underachieving.

With all due respect, to call this Husky team underachievers, is, well, pretty ignorant

mdunlap3

They are usually the number 1 team, or a contender/favorite for the title the past 5 years....by their own standards, they are underachieving. Clearly.

stevenash

They are usually the number 1 team, or a contender/favorite for the title the past 5 years....by their own standards, they are underachieving. Clearly.
    How have the Huskies underachieved this season.
    Their roster consists pretty much of two regulars and 11 bench warmers.
    Yet they have won 19 games.

p.s. there 347 D1 teams, UConn's SoS is 22.
    They have played the 22nd toughest schedule this season.

mdunlap3

All you're doing is coming up with excuses as to why they're not as good as they should be....or used to be...hence, underachieving.

Oh and BTW they're not playing at XL tonight

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

i wanna take G Town so bad but the line and the line movement scares the Sh*t out of me

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Awful bad feeling about that line. Screams U.Conn +1 1/2

stevenash

All you're doing is coming up with excuses as to why they're not as good as they should be....or used to be...hence, underachieving.

I stand corrected, they are playing at Gampel. Which is a little strange, because 9 times out of 10 a high profile game like this is scheduled for Hartford. Good catch.

Umm, not making excuses, if a team is expected to be sub .500 and was expected to be 5 and 9 in the league at this point, not 9 and 5, how can you say they have underachieved this season?

This year's Husky team is better than they should be. Much better.

Now I am not saying UConn will grab this win tonight, not at all, but to come in here with six shooters blazing stating "Georgetown is a lock", well, you are going to get called out on it.

a) there is no such thing as a lock.
    b) if there was such a thing as a luck, Georgetown in this spot isn't one of them.

Good luck on your play tonight

DennisT

Going to wager on this game. This no lock!

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

All he's doing is owning you with facts while you're out here citing random shit from the past.

mdunlap3

I really don't want any animosity towards anyone, I hate conflict and confrontation. I just want to be friends with everyone..Idk how this got so out of hand, but as 2 adults I suppose it would be more efficient to agree to disagree and let the game do the talking for us. Because in reality this is all speculative bullshit, from my end and yours, no matter how good a play looks it can always fail, and the inverse is also true to that condition. Stevenash you know your stuff and I respect that, we just happen to have different opinions regarding this matchup, your analysis is legitimate, but I feel as if mine is as well...we will see my friend
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: matt711

mdunlap3

TrapperDapper stop being an instigator...if you don't have anything productive or pertinent to the subject to say don't add your two cents in an attempt to stir up the pot. Don't be an internet troll bro.

DennisT

The Wee Wee contest in not necessary, these teams normally beat up on each other.

You haven,t seen these refs. Game screams U.Conn. +1 1/2.

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience
    Hotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Excuse me?
    You don't watch much Husky basketball do you?

First off, half the team bolted to either Missouri, the NBA, or other NCAA programs once the NCAA goons put the Huskies on that bogus one year suspension.

Second, Kevin Ollie took over a team of Napier, Boatwright, a couple of Euro's and 9 guys named Mo.
    If you looked at who the Huskies lost for whatever reason at the start of the season, and looked at the roster who UConn sends to war every night, you would have said UConn would go 12 and 18 at best. At best!

Ollie is on the short list of coach of the year honors, the team loves him and buys into his program.

UConn beat Michigan State, beat Syracuse, beat top 20 Notre Dame, is 19 and 7 that has no business winning 10 games so far this year with this squad, no less 19 wins, and is 9 and 5 in that Big East Conference.

And yet you say they underachieving.

Either you don't watch Big East basketball, or you don't know the definition of the word underachieving.

With all due respect, to call this Husky team underachievers, is, well, pretty ignorant

Damn skippy- they can ball. Would not be surprised if they pull out the win.I believe they have a huge 2nd half and keep the game very tight. Tho not taking a side. I think this will be decided by 2-4 pts from either side.

Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

If i have learned anything from any quantitative analysis of anything, the trend is your FRIEND. I'm riding the GTOWN trend of dominating their opponents lately, and the trend of otto killing the people trying to check him.
    I had no initial reaction to pick or not pick this game...so I'm not taking sides here or any of that...I just want to point out that I have a different saying that I use at least once a week to inform people that Hot doesnt always make fire, and cold doesnt always make ice...it goes

"All Trendsssss, must come to an Enddddd"

mdunlap3

Clearly, its a finance thing I guess.

stevenash

I really don't want any animosity towards anyone, I hate conflict and confrontation. I just want to be friends with everyone..Idk how this got so out of hand, but as 2 adults I suppose it would be more efficient to agree to disagree and let the game do the talking for us. Because in reality this is all speculative bullshit, from my end and yours, no matter how good a play looks it can always fail, and the inverse is also true to that condition. Stevenash you know your stuff and I respect that, we just happen to have different opinions regarding this matchup, your analysis is legitimate, but I feel as if mine is as well...we will see my friend
    Wasn't starting shit, not even looking to start shit.

Just good old fashioned sports message board discussion is all.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    I had no initial reaction to pick or not pick this game...so I'm not taking sides here or any of that...I just want to point out that I have a different saying that I use at least once a week to inform people that Hot doesnt always make fire, and cold doesnt always make ice...it goes

"All Trendsssss, must come to an Enddddd"

I go by this one.

​There is no such thing as a lock
    Points Awarded:

matt711 gave stevenash 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Emotional game for both, but especially UConn as it will be their last home game vs Georgetown.. ever.

mdunlap3

Wow im the only one on GTOWN....tight...

stevenash

Wow im the only one on GTOWN....tight...
    I always say this too.
    If you like a side, bet the side.
    If you like a total, bet the total.

Go with yourself. Do your homework.
    Don't let a bunch of faceless internet dudes talk you down from your wager.
    You like the Hoya's, bet them up, I think this one is a flip, I'll watch as a proud Connecticut resident that takes pride in everything Connecticut, I love the Stags a little more than the Huskies, I am in Fairfield, but we love our sports up here, from the UConn girls to the top ranked #1 NCAA ranked Quinnipiac Bobcat hockey team. (They are right outside of New Haven by the way)

I'll root Husky tonight, like I always do, if G-Town beats them, so be it, no cash out of my pocket.

Best of luck again

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Fading the fukk out of this play... UCONN

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Tough game, both teams riding high.....good luck
    Last edited by Chili_Powder; 02-27-13 at 03:49 PM.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

This whole forum last night was saying Indiana -5 was a lock. Carry on

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

Wasn't stirring anything up I just agreed with him. I woulda said the same thing

123 Last