hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

Cincy -1.5

I'm loving this play what you guys think

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Especially since they are home. Its gonna be a tough one though............. No play for me

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

FYI cincy does not have a strong home court advantage

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Louisville here BOL!

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Louisville is the more talented team, but I think that Cinci wins this one thinking of playing cinci as well, but I don't think that it is a very strong play, these teams should be in a big east slugfest tonight.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

tough game IMO, cincy needs it badly, hard card tonight overall.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Alot of people overlook UL's recent form. I have bet them at least 6 of their last 7 games with great results because their play making PG Siva's ankle finally healed completely and less importantly Kuric's ankle. They also picked up highly touted recruit Wayne Blackshear in this stretch, debuting against WVU successfully after a couple of shoulder surgeries. Rick Pitino's UL's teams have performed much better as the season progresses, their Feb record is historically strong and now they have the depth to play Pitino's high pressure, high substitution style of play. Their recent form has more resemebled their early season #4 ranking primarily because they actually have all of their players healthy and developed and improved as Pitino's teams historically do.

That said I may not bet them in this spot. I certainly won't be betting against them, they are playing as hot as anyone and are not the same team that struggled during the first 1/2 of the season. I have profitted nicely keeping up with their injuries and their players getting healthy and their team form improving, all of which flew under the radar to linesmakers who did not adjust accordingly especially for Siva's injuries. I think the lines are starting to catch up with how UL is playing though, mainly because of their results, not because the lines makers were neccessarily discerning the impact of all the players becoming fully healthy and integrated into Pitino's system. I loved taking advantage of this team the past month. This spot is particularly tough to see much value and I may pass until a more favorable matchup occurs.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 02-23-12 at 10:48 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave MeatWad 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DennisT

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Alot of people overlook UL's recent form. I have bet them at least 6 of their last 7 games with great results because their play making PG Siva's ankle finally healed completely and less importantly Kuric's ankle. They also picked up highly touted recruit Wayne Blackshear in this stretch, debuting against WVU successfully after a couple of shoulder surgeries. Rick Pitino's UL's teams have performed much better as the season progresses, their Feb record is historically strong and now they have the depth to play Pitino's high pressure, high substitution style of play. Their recent form has more resemebled their early season #4 ranking primarily because they actually have all of their players healthy and developed and improved as Pitino's teams historically do.

That said I may not bet them in this spot. I certainly won't be betting against them, they are playing as hot as anyone and are not the same team that struggled during the first 1/2 of the season. I have profitted nicely keeping up with their injuries and their players getting healthy and their team form improving, all of which flew under the radar to linesmakers who did not adjust accordingly especially for Siva's injuries. I think the lines are starting to catch up with how UL is playing though, mainly because of their results, not because the lines makers were neccessarily discerning the impact of all the players becoming fully healthy and integrated into Pitino's system. I loved taking advantage of this team the past month. This spot is particularly tough to see much value and I may pass until a more favorable matchup occurs.
    He's been key along with Siva's play. Well said Meatwad!

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    He's been key along with Siva's play. Well said Meatwad!
    Thanks, I was inspired by the shapliness of your avatar. I definitely like how UL team has overall gotten healthy and Pitino has figured out his players and rotations to get maximum output. It will be a homecoming game for Behanan, a freshmen who not surpisingly has improved under Pitino, especially on the boards, as the season has progressed. They are also, very quietly, one of the best defensive teams in the country.

Cincy will be motivated and pumped up and willl likely maintain a high level of energy/intensity for this game. It is a big game for them on multiple levels, rivarly factor, ESPN coverage, home crowd/ conference game, and tourney bid consideratioans. Cincy's 3 pt shooting on their home goals is also scarey as it can lead to some big runs, UL does "put a hand in your face" though. They are 5-2 in home conference games winning 3 in a row, but losing to Cuse, a team that also barely won at UL, and a hard to explain loss to St John's by 2?

This game will be a pass for me, as I would likely bet both of these teams in similiar spots if they weren't playing each other. ( if it were games vs similar rated conference foes with UL small road dog or Cincy small road chalk at this point in the season)

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

MeatWad; The Cards like the Irish have been covering machines of late. Best line I can get is Louisville

+1. Hope I won,t need the hook. Cards are the play! Luck to all.

By the way, supurb post!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

MeatWad,

Where you from?

nice write up