BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you guys know the line has moved 2 with the public all over duke right?

Got OSU at -6. Liking the movement.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

anywhere you want to look to find that information out

ya im on osu also at -5.5 last night, i wanted to make a thread to get a bunch of betpoints on duke +5 +100 but doesn't seem like anyone would take that now.

But ya this is great RLM for us OSU backers

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

didn' get the 8 either...only will play if i get 8

Samson420
    Addicted....
    Samson420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    didn' get the 8 either...only will play if i get 8

agreed.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Take the 7.5, this one will be close

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

you are part of the betting public.

Samson420
    Addicted....

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Take the 7.5, this one will be close
    8 or no play bro. that .5 pt could be huge

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

yes but im not apart of the majority of the public that is on duke with RLM against them and that is what matters

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who has Ohio St. played? The best team they played was florida by far, and florida isn't great.

Valpo? Virginia Military? North Florida? Wright State?

Say what you will about Duke but they have played much better teams so far. michigan. michigan st., kansas, tennessee, and now tonight osu.

I think Duke is going to be much more ready for this game than osu.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

yes the .5 is huge IMO. i could bet small @7.5 but by my math -8 is huge for me

Samson420
    Addicted....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    yes the .5 is huge IMO. i could bet small @7.5 but by my math -8 is huge for me

I like your thinkin man.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!

how are you differentiating the betting publics money? or how is the site you are using differentiating the publics money?

because i do not see much statistical significance in money movement for this game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Who has Ohio St. played? The best team they played was florida by far, and florida isn't great.

Say what you will about Duke but they have played much better teams so far. michigan. michiga

n st., kansas, tennessee, and now

tonight osu.

Philly Flyer Florida played about as good as they could have possibly played they couldnt miss from 3 point range. Duke will not play as good as Florida played vs Ohio State.

besides who cares who ohio state played this year. You cant deny that Ohio State has a better team than Duke.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Wrote this game off last night ... but +7.5 now? Yeah, I know about the line movement with about 2/3 of the bets on Duke, and yeah that does make me pause. But damn. That's a bunch of points to give Duke in a hyped game like this. I don't see Duke getting blown out of the gym. They've still got Coach K. Duke can shoot the ball (6th in the nation, at about 47% of their 3-pt attempts), and Ohio State's perimeter D has not been great against the 3 (146th in the nation, at about 32%). I'm starting to get interested in the Duke side of this equation.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Philly Flyer Florida played about as good as they could have possibly played they couldnt miss from 3 point range. Duke will not play as good as Florida played vs Ohio State.

besides who cares who ohio state played this year. You cant deny that Ohio State has a better team than Duke.
    Listen, I hear what you're saying. Florida played a great game. Florida, however, isn't anywhere near Duke in terms of talent level. Duke has played a better schedule. Won the Maui Invitational. Have the much better coach. Is used to playing in big time atmospheres. Would it be shocking if Duke won outright? Hell no it wouldn't.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I have felt that Duke was over rated all year long, and that the Duke Spreads have been inflated, however giving Duke 7.5 points is alot, especially when they just went a few games in a row down in Maui playing really good teams and beat them all. The Duke players should be well conditioned after that Maui trip, Although I hate backing Duke the books are making it pretty tempting to take them. If they line goes up the play should be Duke.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

duke ml for me, they either win or get blown out

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    I have felt that Duke was over rated all year long, and that the Duke Spreads have been inflated, however giving Duke 7.5 points is alot, especially when they just went a few games in a row down in Maui playing really good teams and beat them all. The Duke players should be well conditioned after that Maui trip, Although I hate backing Duke the books are making it pretty tempting to take them. If they line goes up the play should be Duke.
    The line is holding at 7 where I'm at. O/U is 143.5 Waiting to see if the line moves to 8 before getting on board.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Duke in this spot..alot of points to give a well coached team with all that talant

If Duke is hitting from behind the arch..they could win this game

unique1
    unique1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke covers tonight boys

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Like Duke, but number has to be at 8. Been looking at the total and can not get any sort of read. Would lean under with the strong defense from Kraft, but it seems that 1st half or 1st 10 minutes under may be a better choice.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys waiting to back duke @+ 8 will more than likely be waiting a long time, ive been wrong before but id be shocked if it ever hits 8, doubt it closes higher than 7 (possibly lower)..

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

not in the habit of betting against either of these powerhouses. i know duke hasnt covered a game yet but theyre still good. pass

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post

Say what you will about Duke but they have played much better teams so far. michigan. michigan st., kansas, tennessee, and now tonight osu.

Florida is better than any team Duke has played thus far.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

this is insane when was the last time Duke was such a big underdog? could this really be a blowout?

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Going back to the 97-98 season:

Coach K is 8-15 straight up and 13-10 against the spread as an underdog.
    The last time the Blue Devils were this big of underdogs was in 2008-09 at North Carolina when they lost 79-71 as 8.5-point dogs.
    The current spread for tonight’s game is Ohio State -7.5. In the last 14-plus seasons, Duke has only lost a total of 33 games by eight or more points (2.3 per season).
    The Blue Devils have been this big of an underdog only four times since 1997-98, and they’re 3-1 ATS in those games but have never won the game outright.

(Thanks to beyondthebets.com for this info.)

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Still having a hard time believing Duke's getting this many points. Pretty sure that will be driven down after 6pm.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    not in the habit of betting against either of these powerhouses. i know duke hasnt covered a game yet but theyre still good. pass

3-4 ATS this year.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke players are smart enough to play Sullinger well... keep him away from the hoop as well as possible but not foul him (he is great foul shooter).
    C'mon, Craft is overrated, he looks good surrounded by great players, but he will not be able to take on Duke PG's as well as some of you have stated.
    This game is huge for Duke, with a win they stay in national limelight for a long time. And they know how to deal with hard fought national level games. These are 4* and 5* players, McDonald All Americans. One or two of them will get hot tonight, who knows which one... but it will happen.
    The clear top coach in the NCAA, Coach K, knows how to get the team ready, not just game plan but mentally, Duke is green but getting better as the season progresses, have already beat some quality clubs. Who has OSU beaten?
    And do not sell the Plumlees short, they are hard nosed and SMART.
    To boot, if you have Duke + 7.5, down 10 points, several of their kids can hit a "3" with 1 second to go.
    And don't tell me about reverse line movement and the public and all that... it is balderdash.
    Too many points to give Coach K, he will out coach OSU and keep it close, maybe steal a win. I think they will be leading at halftime. But no 1st half or ML bets here. Just:
    Duke + 7.5.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-29-11 at 03:20 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Buckeyes or pass, I just wish line was a tad smaller.

right there w/ ya buddy.....-4 or less i was going to buy a few and toss some major coin on it

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Duke players are smart enough to play Sullinger well... keep him away from the hoop as well as possible but not foul him (he is great foul shooter).
    C'mon, Craft is overrated, he looks good surrounded by great players, but he will not be able to take on Duke PG's as well as some of you have stated.
    This game is huge for Duke, with a win they stay in national limelight for a long time. And they know how to deal with hard fought national level games. These are 4* and 5* players, McDonald All Americans. One or two of them will get hot tonight, who knows which one... but it will happen.
    The clear top coach in the NCAA, Coach K, knows how to get the team ready, not just game plan but mentally, Duke is green but getting better as the season progresses, have already beat some quality clubs. Who has OSU beaten?
    And do not sell the Plumlees short, they are hard nosed and SMART.
    To boot, if you have Duke + 7.5, down 10 points, several of their kids can hit a "3" with 1 second to go.
    And don't tell me about reverse line movement and the public and all that... it is balderdash.
    Too many points to give Coach K, he will out coach OSU and keep it close, maybe steal a win. I think they will be leading at halftime. But no 1st half or ML bets here. Just:
    Duke + 7.5.

The plumlee klan is a ******* joke----so white they are almost clear.....im betting on the team with more black guys

Serbone

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    The plumlee klan is a ******* joke----so white they are almost clear.....im betting on the team with more black guys
    That is pretty pathetic of you to criticize the Plumlees like that. They are winners, you are not.
    Hey, the black guys might not show up, they might be out getting the OSU Special tattoo deal, sell their jerseys for a free tattoo!
    (since you went there, back at you!)

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by jstblaze View Post
    where is the public all over duke?
    66% are on Duke as of 4:27pm ET

Serbone

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    66% are on Duke as of 4:27pm ET
    Means NOTHING.
    Which data base? How many are there, LV, offshore? Did you average all of them? How?
    What %?
    -% of dollars? What if it is one LARGE wager from one heavy hitter?
    - % of bets placed?
    Do you trust the data? If so, why in the world do you trust it?
    What will the FINAL %'s be 5 minutes before the game? At tip off?
    ETC, ETC, ETC....
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-29-11 at 03:34 PM.

1017BrickSquad
    1017BrickSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4273

Sullinger is going to eat the Plumee brothers alive...OSU rolls...Austin Rivers is a nice player in the making though...love his dribbling/shooting has potential to be awesome...still very young needs to mature first

First 12345 Last