John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Quote Originally Posted by justwinthisone View Post
    John

I'm not saying that game won't go over but I believe historiclly shooters struggle a lot more in domes....

Look at these stats below that I saw on espn

Fg % in 2011 NCAA tourney

Uconn in arenas 45.3% and in domes 40.4%
    butler in arenas 42.2% and in domes 26.8%
    Kentucky in arenas 48.3% and in domes 33.9%
    vcu in arenas 44.6% and in domes 41.5%
    But, also take in consideration what the opponent's shoot percentage defense was for the season entering the game. VERY GOOD research.. not saying it is not because it certainly. As I mentioned these Final Four teams shoot at very high percentages because of dunks and layups are a significant portion of their offensive arsenals.

John Ryan

Louisville had seven offensive boards and still trail by eight points. Kentucky will fix that problem and they you can bet they will do a much better job with ball distribution. I like under 73 points in the second half

John Ryan

Anthony Davis 4-for-4 with all four shot attempts very close to the rim. Kentucky one offensive board as their focus is not allowing Louisville to generate fast break off of missed shots. That will certainly continue...

Siva had no points and three turnovers for Louisville. Media heads were stating that it would be the young Kentucky players that would be tight. Should be a great secod half.. But Kentucky can turn the switch and they will.

WVU9494
    WVU9494's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no reason you should of posted this as a 20star play. It's assiinine. There are people that don't know much about basketball that see a 20star play and put a ton of money on it. This was a very even game from the start.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by WVU9494 View Post
    There is no reason you should of posted this as a 20star play. It's assiinine. There are people that don't know much about basketball that see a 20star play and put a ton of money on it. This was a very even game from the start.
    What was even about it? Louisville did a great job on the offensive glass and taking to the bodies of kentucky, but how many dunks did Kentucky have in this game. I feel that we won this play and kentucky did not even come close to playing their best. With all respect to you, it is always easy to look at the game when it is over and believe it was far more even than most had thought it would be, including myself. But, that is the power of the 20* graded plays, that even when the team being played does not play perfect basketball, or plays a C+ grade of ball, they still cover the spread.

Uniden
    Uniden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

John,

that was one of the most stupid posts i have ever read. (WVU9494) Seriously!!! I mean, did you force anyone to bet....NO! Just a pitiful post!!

Great capping on that game!!!! A push it is! Now...lets get Cleveland and the OVER in Ohio St tot he winner line!!!!

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unlucky John, don't bother with that guy, clearly didn't watch the game. I got the cats at -8 so I feel your pain from a hook loss. Do you have any plays on the Kansas game? I will keep an eye out for them

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Uniden View Post
    John,

that was one of the most stupid posts i have ever read. (WVU9494) Seriously!!! I mean, did you force anyone to bet....NO! Just a pitiful post!!

Great capping on that game!!!! A push it is! Now...lets get Cleveland and the OVER in Ohio St tot he winner line!!!!

A push is correct.. I saw some 7 1/2 out there, but we will record this as a push... Kentucky will be favored over the winner of the second game by 6 1/2 -110 ... I appreciate the support.

I like Kansas in the second and I like the 'over' even more now. I am going to add another 5* to the total play using the first half line 'OVER' 63 1/2 and tho 5* amount will count to the record.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    Unlucky John, don't bother with that guy, clearly didn't watch the game. I got the cats at -8 so I feel your pain from a hook loss. Do you have any plays on the Kansas game? I will keep an eye out for them
    well, I like Kansas in the second game and I really like the 'OVER' as outlined above. Thanks.. Cats are a great team and it did not work out completely..

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24880

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    A push is correct.. I saw some 7 1/2 out there, but we will record this as a push... Kentucky will be favored over the winner of the second game by 6 1/2 -110 ... I appreciate the support.

I like Kansas in the second and I like the 'over' even more now. I am going to add another 5* to the total play using the first half line 'OVER' 63 1/2 and tho 5* amount will count to the record.
    Agreed with you John both ways. Over and KU on this one. Thanks for the capping.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    Agreed with you John both ways. Over and KU on this one. Thanks for the capping.

I have enjoyed this very much and make sure you join me for MLB next week. That is the sport that many times offers the best money making opportunities.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers John. Glad to hear you got a push in the end. I snagged the over at 135.5, let's get this and head to the final with a win

jbizzle
    jbizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I got killed by the hook...should've waited and made a live in play bet for a better line..Looking forward to the mlb!

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

How can you count it as a PUSH when you listed at -8 1/2? Agree with earlier poster that this thread is not quite right.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I only had to read the last post to call what I saw bullcrap!!!! John posted his 20* "Titan" super play on Kentucky -8.5!!!!! And he said he pushed????!! What bull!!! I commented last night on here how jacked up "I" think this thread is! But for him to say he PUSHED after it CLEARLY read 8.5??? What garbage!
    And AGAIN, another HUGE play for "John Ryan" is another LOSER!!! Ok, 5* play is loser, small play right??? But his huge big Titan 20 plays?? Pathetic!!!

Like I said last night.....ANYONE who gambles real money with this guys pick in college bb is seriously gambling! I actually don't like to rag on people too much. But if he brags about being a good capper, what the F can't he win his biggest plays?? His huge plays for the whole year are .500 or LESS!!! LOL!!

I faded him today & moved Louisville up to 9 for a small play. Thank God I didn't buy into his 20* Titan mega play he posted days in advance to this game!! BOL to anyone who listen to this guy. You will need it.

PS. Y'all should of figured out by now, it is highly probable that HE isn't even the one picking these plays or doing these write ups. Go back & research it yourself. I did. And I don't buy it one bit. Sorry, but when I saw he called his play a push, I HAD to respond!! What garbage! All his followers got 8.5. He posted 8.5. But he pushed at 8?? I don't buy that at all. And IF he did buy 1/2 a point, he never mentioned it & everyone who followed him got screwed!! Great job John

Dave88
    Dave88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8620

Not second guessing, but the 'over' is the obvious play and when something is too good to be true it often is.

Davis is the second freshman and first-ever Kentucky player to win the award. He averaged the fewest points per game of any previous winner, but it has been his defense that has been most noteworthy. He is also the SEC player, freshman, and defensive player of the year. The other freshman to win the award is Former Texas star and now Oklahoma City NBA All Star Kevin Durant. He averaged 14.3 PPG, 10.0 rebounds and 4.6 blocks and shot an incredible 64% from the field. He set the Kentucky school record for blocks in a season and is third-best all-time for a freshman.

So, this Kentucky team is just not being recognized for their stellar defensive play.

I have released a 20* Titan on Kentucky - 8 1/2 -110

Push?

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

John, I think you should save you and your customers's time and money and quit handicapping college basketball. You are just not good at it. Your record is like flipping a coin. You have no edge. Picking Kentucky and Kansas and both look like they will be losers today. also don't like how you are calling a loss at -8.5 a push at 8 when you announced the pick when the line was at -8.5, not when it was -8.

John Ryan

Updated record is 104-105 with 5* Titan plays, 10* plays have slipped to 23-16 ATS, and 20* plays at 5-5.

epr038
    epr038's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had to update below.. Im not tailing anymore and have no intentions of bringing negativity to this thread. I wish all the BOL. In the end, Were all in this for the $$$ one way or another... and i hope a winning streak for all of us. Just defending myself against stupidity.
    Last edited by epr038; 04-01-12 at 12:47 AM.

epr038
    epr038's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    "why can't his 10-20* just win". Haha this is laughable. Betting on sports would be a lot easier with a crystal ball.

You're an illiterate Donkey! Quote me for what I actually said. Which was.. " Why cant his 10-20* picks just win where you dont feel like you've been wearing a sweatsuit for 2.5 hours" I won't waste any more time on you because your nothing more than a kool-aid drinking follower who would probably dump all his money in Enron if given a second chance to.

J.R. says "Jump"... JJaycuny says.. "How High". Grow some balls Donkey . Better yet, read a book.
    Last edited by epr038; 04-01-12 at 12:45 AM.

heavyc819
    heavyc819's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

How can you record it as a push when you posted the play at Kentucky - 8.5?

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by heavyc819 View Post
    How can you record it as a push when you posted the play at Kentucky - 8.5?

Ok, to clarify for everyone, I recorded it as a loss, the 20* on Kentucky is a loss. The record update I posted last night showed it as a loss.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

John

I guess none of these negative posters have experienced a losing streak before.....or at least that's how it seems from their crybaby remarks. I assume their tailing bc they can not find a way to win with their own plays and I guess that means its easier to blame someone else than to take responsibility for a bet they ended up making. I don't recall you holding a gun to anyones head saying hit submit. This just shows you that even good cappers have bad runs. Yes John is a good capper, no john does not win them all. Keep doing what your doing, we both know the winning streak will come soon enough. You record over all sports over several years speaks for itself... thank you for continuing to post your plays and insight and I can't wait to see how mlb turns out for you.

chief42
    chief42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2481

The record I have is
    5* 103-106 ($5,150-$5,830)
    10* 23-16 (2,300-$1,760)
    20* 5-5 ($1,000-$1,100)
    total profit ($10 per star): -$240

I'm not sure where the 104 wins came from, as far as I know the last time you updated on the 30th of March was 103-104 on the 5* plays. The two 5* stars with Kansas both lost on the 1st half over and over for the game. Correct me if I am wrong. John, thanks for your hard work and time you have spent in this forum and capping games for us. I wish you the best of luck of the final game for the college season tomorrow, hopefully you can end it with a win and maybe bring this season to a profitable one.

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Quote Originally Posted by chief42 View Post
    The record I have is
    5* 103-106 ($5,150-$5,830)
    10* 23-16 (2,300-$1,760)
    20* 5-5 ($1,000-$1,100)
    total profit ($10 per star): -$240

I'm not sure where the 104 wins came from, as far as I know the last time you updated on the 30th of March was 103-104 on the 5* plays. The two 5* stars with Kansas both lost on the 1st half over and over for the game. Correct me if I am wrong. John, thanks for your hard work and time you have spent in this forum and capping games for us. I wish you the best of luck of the final game for the college season tomorrow, hopefully you can end it with a win and maybe bring this season to a profitable one.
    John says he has never had a loseing season this is his first losing season oh man

WVU9494
    WVU9494's Avatar Become A Pro!

your entitled to your opinion but to call out a 20* play on a game like this is irresponsible. Two teams hours apart and coaches that hate each other, you are going to have emotion involved that could turn the game. Louisville had been playing fantastic. Louisville has a coach that is one of the best ever and knows how to get a team ready in big games. Anything could of happened here.

John,

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by justwinthisone View Post
    John

I guess none of these negative posters have experienced a losing streak before.....or at least that's how it seems from their crybaby remarks. I assume their tailing bc they can not find a way to win with their own plays and I guess that means its easier to blame someone else than to take responsibility for a bet they ended up making. I don't recall you holding a gun to anyones head saying hit submit. This just shows you that even good cappers have bad runs. Yes John is a good capper, no john does not win them all. Keep doing what your doing, we both know the winning streak will come soon enough. You record over all sports over several years speaks for itself... thank you for continuing to post your plays and insight and I can't wait to see how mlb turns out for you.
    Thanks. You are correct and I appreciate your words of support. down -240 is certainly a negative number, but given the huge number of plays, I certainly stand by it. There have been some very difficult losses along the way this year.. but, as much as I don't like a break-in type of season it is certainly not the end of the world.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Couple things to add here. I haven't followed his thread at all this season, I just came in here looking for some info on tonight's game. I only read the last page and this one and I am floored. I mean to say that a 20* play that you post -8.5 as a push when the game ended at -8 is crazy. I can understand a mistake but come on. This is suppose to be one of your 10 biggest plays of 260+ plays for the season. This tells me one of two things, one you are full of shit and are trying to pull one over on everyone, or two you aren't even putting any money on these plays. If this is a 20 star play of yours wouldn't you put money on this play and KNOW you lost without a shadow of a doubt? I sure am glad I didn't come in this thread earlier to maybe get a little "help" on team I was leaning on but wanted a little more assurance. I know and so does everyone here knows that it is our own money and our on choice to tail you, but when u say this is 1 of 10 of your top plays of 260+ games I would think you would feel good enough to put your own money on it.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Guy might be on tilt. Definitely a weird response to that 8 point result.

I want to take Kansas so badly tonight, but can't unless I get 7 and then I am still weary.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Money 77 View Post
    Couple things to add here. I haven't followed his thread at all this season, I just came in here looking for some info on tonight's game. I only read the last page and this one and I am floored. I mean to say that a 20* play that you post -8.5 as a push when the game ended at -8 is crazy. I can understand a mistake but come on. This is suppose to be one of your 10 biggest plays of 260+ plays for the season. This tells me one of two things, one you are full of shit and are trying to pull one over on everyone, or two you aren't even putting any money on these plays. If this is a 20 star play of yours wouldn't you put money on this play and KNOW you lost without a shadow of a doubt? I sure am glad I didn't come in this thread earlier to maybe get a little "help" on team I was leaning on but wanted a little more assurance. I know and so does everyone here knows that it is our own money and our on choice to tail you, but when u say this is 1 of 10 of your top plays of 260+ games I would think you would feel good enough to put your own money on it.

The play was recorded as a loss... just to confirm..
    I had eight and the large majority of people who tailed me had eight.

John Ryan

Some Final Stats
    Favorites in the Championship game are on a nice 11-4 SU and 9-6 ATS run spanning the last 15 games played. This mark the 24th straight year that a No. 4 seed or higher will win the Men’s Basketball Championship. There have been just six Championship games featuring TWO No. 1 seeds competing for the title. No. 1 seeds in the Final are 6-2 ATS and bad news for Kansas is that No. 2 seeds are just 1-5 ATS in the Final when coming off a straight win installed as a dog.

Kentucky has been installed as a 6 ½ point favorite and the line has been moved to -6 -110 at the majority of shops. It is unlikely that the volume of bets would drive the price to the -5 level, but it is noteworthy that favorites in the Final of five points or less are an amazing 11-1 ATS. Bad news for Kansas noting that dogs of three or more points of a straight win installed as a dog in the semifinal are just 1-5 ATS.

John Ryan

so, I have 5* Kentucky, BUT in a rare situation if you can work an order for -5, the make it a 10* amount. I don't 'emotionally' like this game, as it is so painfully how obvious the vastly better team is the Cats.

I also like the 'under' as the Cats can play defense and I do believe that is what will be featured by the Cats at the start of this game.

and research for both plays have ben published on the site. So, check out the front page and/or the College Basketball front page.

Uniden
    Uniden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

John,

Thanks for an entertaining season!!! And that is what it should be....entertainment value! If I make money (and I managed to make some) then I consider it a success!!! If I lost, it would not have been a lot. A lot of guys got caught up in the nice run you had earlier and start jacking their bets up (greedy) and then wind up taking bigger losses when the run ends, because they keep chasing rather than maintaining a steady, non-emotional approach to betting the long term! Then when they lose, they complain and of course BLAME YOU! What a joke!

This game I think one must be very careful!! KY is CLEARLY the best team on the court...by a long shot...yet they are only a 6.5 favorite??? I have carefully watched KS this playoff season and I got to tell you, Trevon WILL NOT show up again. I don't think he plays well in these big games!!! The announcers keep telling us THIS is the night he comes out and fails! One last point: I have not seen a team with more turnovers than KS!!! WOW!!! If they turn the ball over like they did against LVille, this could get VERY ugly!!!

But I think it will be a controlled game at least int he first half. KS cannot run with KY. NO WAY!! I like the UNDER as well. I have decided to play KY and then small parlay on KY and the UNDER!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!! And Thanks again for your insight JR!!!

Uniden

John Ryan

John,

Thanks for an entertaining season!!! And that is what it should be....entertainment value! If I make money (and I managed to make some) then I consider it a success!!! If I lost, it would not have been a lot. A lot of guys got caught up in the nice run you had earlier and start jacking their bets up (greedy) and then wind up taking bigger losses when the run ends, because they keep chasing rather than maintaining a steady, non-emotional approach to betting the long term! Then when they lose, they complain and of course BLAME YOU! What a joke!

This game I think one must be very careful!! KY is CLEARLY the best team on the court...by a long shot...yet they are only a 6.5 favorite??? I have carefully watched KS this playoff season and I got to tell you, Trevon WILL NOT show up again. I don't think he plays well in these big games!!! The announcers keep telling us THIS is the night he comes out and fails! One last point: I have not seen a team with more turnovers than KS!!! WOW!!! If they turn the ball over like they did against LVille, this could get VERY ugly!!!

But I think it will be a controlled game at least int he first half. KS cannot run with KY. NO WAY!! I like the UNDER as well. I have decided to play KY and then small parlay on KY and the UNDER!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!! And Thanks again for your insight JR!!!

Uniden
    I appreciate your insight and remarks about the our college basketball season here on the thread. I agree, there is NO WAY, KS can even think about trying to out score Kentucky in fast paced style of game. Still, there are some solid projections that agree with what you stated. That this is a Kentucky and UNDER game or it is a Kansas and OVER game.

Sounds Ironic to even say Kansas and OVER, but I think that i Kansas wins it will be with a higher amount of free throw attempts, which leads to bigger scores. yet, the refs swollowed the whistle in the last two games. There must have been THURTY possible THREE second violations and clearly the style of play in the Kentucky game was allowed to be physical, which is the ONLY reason Louisville was able to stay in the arena with Kentucky.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10500

good luck with your play tonight john

First ... 3031323334 Last