CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Shelvin Mack was a 2nd rounder he's not guaranteed sh#t. In the meantime Gordon Hayward is a key rotation player that figures into the Jazz long term plans

what are you clueless about sir? Its not that hard to understand?

Shelvin Mack > Gordon Hayward

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by hitthew8room View Post
    hahaha this guy is a moron. i understand that there are more good black players then white players. your stating the obvious with your stupid ESPN rankings rant. the fact is, if your picking games based on the BLACKEST TEAM versus the WHITEST TEAM, your an idiot. is duke not primarily white a lot of years? did St. Johns barely beat a pretty WHITE, ST MARY's DIVISION 3 SCHOOL THE OTHER DAY?? DIVISION 3??? do your research like you say you do and you would know that St. Johns being "black" and WM being "white" doesnt mean shit. St. Johns might cover but that will be because of their size over a mid major not because they are "black".

i have WM +8.5. Lets see what happens
    I have done my research and no you don't pick games based on black and white its a factor that you have to put into play when your capping these fking games. You think these kids don't have good coaches?

Look at the coaching staff on St.Johns and tell me that they aren't better coaches then the coaches at William and Mary please tell me that.

And it does mean shit you if you picking a team with white players. Why don't you tail a basketball team all year that is composed of 5 white starters and see how well they do.

And the fact that your saying St.Johns might cover that spread is just telling me your still uncomfortable with your wager.

And I live for the Mid Majors I love the Mid Major programs they are what make college basketball so enjoyable. So the excuse of them being beat because they are a mid major is invalid in this situation because any team can win.

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I never said i was in love with this wager. I was saying ur black and white point was dumb. Cuz it is. My pick at the end is just telling you what i was going with.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    no thoughts at all actually. Im not touching OVER UNDERS until I get a chance to see the teams play right now the OVER UNDERS are just numbers thrown out there
    I did reasonably well last year on totals although the OT's can be a b&tch. Anyone care to compile a list of uptempo versus walk me up the court. I realize some coaches might adjust occassionally but most nor
    normally they stay relatively consistent. Sorry but cursor keeps freezing on some reply's.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

I never said i was in love with this wager. I was saying ur black and white point was dumb. Cuz it is. My pick at the end is just telling you what i was going with.
    if your telling me you don't look at a factor like that when your capping college basketball games you need some help at analyzing games because it is a HUGE FACTOR.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

I will say this though William and Mary has a good recruiting class coming in next year I remember looking up some info on there recruiting awhile back and they grabbed some talent for there program

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

what are you clueless about sir? Its not that hard to understand?

Shelvin Mack > Gordon Hayward
    Guess that explains why Hayward was a lottery pick & key part of Jazz future while Mack was a 2nd rounder & will be fortunate to even make the roster.....

You're a sharp one

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I did reasonably well last year on totals although the OT's can be a b&tch. Anyone care to compile a list of uptempo versus walk me up the court. I realize some coaches might adjust occassionally but most nor
    normally they stay relatively consistent. Sorry but cursor keeps freezing on some reply's.
    I prefer picking the TOTALS but I'm just not comfortable yet my name is OVER UNDER for the very reason of college basketball OVER UNDERs but to early to decipher this for me to be comfortable.

Im not sure I'm gonna even be home for the dam game for some reason I thought the games were tomorrow but apparently they are today

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Guess that explains why Hayward was a lottery pick & key part of Jazz future while Mack was a 2nd rounder & will be fortunate to even make the roster.....

You're a sharp one
    again man you do realize in a 1 on 1 situation MACK wins that the NBA is a team game. But in a 1 on 1 situation MACK wins

upscope

if your telling me you don't look at a factor like that when your capping college basketball games you need some help at analyzing games because it is a HUGE FACTOR.
    It is a huge factor & the reason why I generally take the under valued "white" program plus a boatload of points (usually).
    I like teams that play fundamentally sound & make free throws that have something to play for. I feel this trumps the superior & athletically gifted "black" programs.
    Tonight's game is irrelevant & proves nothing either way. Far too many unknown intangibles in play.

I'm not betting this game anyhow, just sayin' in the long run I'm generally more comfortable backing the other side for reason stated above.

GL
    Last edited by upscope; 11-07-11 at 02:08 PM.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

I also look at where these kids play there AAU ball and Club ball and High School Ball a player I was huge on out of Belmont in his Freshmen Year IAN CLARK and now he is the best player on the team. His scouts grade was extremely high for a team like Belmont to grab. And now he is in his Junior year all because he played at a talent rich High School program.

So compare where these kids from St.Johns played there AAU/High School ball

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

It is a huge factor & the reason why I generally take the under valued "white" program plus a boatload of points (usually).
    I like teams that play fundamentally sound & make free throws that have something to play for. I feel this trumps the superior & athletically gifted "black" programs.
    Tonight's game is irrelevant & proves nothing either way. Far too many unknown intangibles in play.

I'm not better this game anyhow, just sayin' in the long run I'm generally more comfortable backing the other side for reason stated above.

GL
    I will also say this I am a huge fan of DEFENSE in basketball. HUGE FAN, but sometimes you just gotta go with the offense. I love BUTLER basketball because they play so well on the defensive end.

I also hate the NBA because I hate watching teams score 200 points a game and just stand around I think its dumb as hell.

They came to St.Johns to start a legacy.

upscope

again man you do realize in a 1 on 1 situation MACK wins that the NBA is a team game. But in a 1 on 1 situation MACK wins
    All right, now you're being silly. We're not debating who would win one on one. NBA teams don't draft based on who would win a one on one contest. And that doesn't make you a better player. If you don't understand this then ther's no point in having a logical discussion.

Bottom line is Hayward was a lottery pick w/ a bright future in the league & will make millions. Mack was a 2nd rounder guaranteed nothing & may never see an NBA court. He needs a lot of breaks to fall his way to make it in the league.
    If he makes it fantastic cause I like the kids game but if he doesn't I guess he can always say he can beat Gordon Hayward in a game of one on one......which doesn't mean sh#t!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

All right, now you're being silly. We're not debating who would win one on one. NBA teams don't draft based on who would win a one on one contest. And that doesn't make you a better player. If you don't understand this then ther's no point in having a logical discussion.

Bottom line is Hayward was a lottery pick w/ a bright future in the league & will make millions. Mack was a 2nd rounder guaranteed nothing & may never see an NBA court. He needs a lot of breaks to fall his way to make it in the league.
    If he makes it fantastic cause I like the kids game but if he doesn't I guess he can always say he can beat Gordon Hayward in a game of one on one......which doesn't mean sh#t!
    again man we were comparing a white player to a black player

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

this entire argument is about white players being compared to black players not who makes more money in the NBA. Another reason why I hate the NBA so much corruption I hope the NBA never comes back give college basketball the spot light

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

alright upscope lets end this madness I'm calling truce this thread has turned to complete mush and I'm going to pick up some lunch .

Ill be back laters

upscope

again man we were comparing a white player to a black player
    You simply stated that Butler's best player was black eventhough they are known for being a predominately white program. mack may have been their best player last yr. but Hayward was their heart & soul & best player the first yr they made it to the championship game & he is white.

Do you really believe that if Hayward comes back for his Jr yr that he is still not their heart & soul & best player??

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

hayward has the instincts of a black guy on the hardwood

hitthew8room

skill is a huge factor u moron. u dont take a guy just cuz hes black. u take him if theyre better. no shit there are more good black players, but that doesnt mean you take a black guy against a white guy always. u watch the games. that comment was ******* moronic. ur an idiot

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

skill is a huge factor u moron. u dont take a guy just cuz hes black. u take him if theyre better. no shit there are more good black players, but that doesnt mean you take a black guy against a white guy always. u watch the games. that comment was ******* moronic. ur an idiot
    have you read anything i stated? Did you not see that I put AAU BASKETBALL/High School Basketball programs?

SKILL comes from that?

Hello?

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

hitthew8room Ive never even seen you make a post in this forum until now

rb3b3
    rb3b3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

hey college over under i have a quick questions for you... you seem to know your shit pretty well when it comes to cbb.. i see your on st johns and i made a play on them already - 8 but im nervous and here is why... from what i read st johns played a d3 school in an exhibition game and beat them by only 7?? they missed 20 free throws 20!!! i know st johns has the best player on the court, but will that be enough to cover the spread? im thinking wm and mary is the correct play simply because of this last game by st johns. please give me some confidence here or i might just play wm and mary and eat the juice.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

increased to 5 UNITS from 1 UNIT

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

get em hyuna....im taking a week to watch..then start capping....BOL..

hitthew8room

never put 5 units on the first game of the year

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Alright boys way to start the season +5 Units to start the season

Had St. Johns -8 and also added 4 more units before game time at -7.5

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Valpo @ arizona ( over 136 ) (1/2 unit) (.5 units)

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

2nd half Arizona -7.5 2UNITS

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

2nd half Arizona -7.5 2UNITS
    backdoored the very last play of the game at -7.5 bucket last play of the game lose by 8 points

-2 units

OVER 136

+.5 units

---------------------

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

that sux...man i cant wait to start playing...

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Currently +3.5 Units

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

St.Johns vs LeHigh

Write up on LeHigh

This is a St.Johns win straight up but I am going to give an actual write up on this LeHigh team. This LeHigh team isn't that bad I took a look at their schedule and their statistics and this team is based around a Junior Class mainly with some key additions from the freshmen class. But none of the freshmen on this years team are scholarship players I am pretty sure they are walk ons who tried out and made the team. This team isn't really big though. But they do have a big man with experience who is apart of the Junior Class that leads this team. I am actually looking to see this LeHigh team win the weak Patriot League make their way into the Dance this year and Next Year. They do not shoot the 3 Well though and I'm honestly not expecting them to shoot from the field well either. They are going to need to play a slow paced game because once St.Johns kicks it into gear they are going to turn the ball over a lot.

I would like to get St.Johns -9.5 but Im willing to grab St. Johns at -15 currently.

upscope

St.Johns vs LeHigh

Write up on LeHigh

This is a St.Johns win straight up but I am going to give an actual write up on this LeHigh team. This LeHigh team isn't that bad I took a look at their schedule and their statistics and this team is based around a Junior Class mainly with some key additions from the freshmen class. But none of the freshmen on this years team are scholarship players I am pretty sure they are walk ons who tried out and made the team. This team isn't really big though. But they do have a big man with experience who is apart of the Junior Class that leads this team. I am actually looking to see this LeHigh team win the weak Patriot League make their way into the Dance this year and Next Year. They do not shoot the 3 Well though and I'm honestly not expecting them to shoot from the field well either. They are going to need to play a slow paced game because once St.Johns kicks it into gear they are going to turn the ball over a lot.

I would like to get St.Johns -9.5 but Im willing to grab St. Johns at -15 currently.
    Don't know much about Lehigh. No idea what this line is gonna be?? Thanx for the write-UP.
    Nice hit last night w/ the Johnnies. Guess you get the last laugh on that match-UP against Bill & Mary.

I think I would be careful tailing the Johnnies too often though. They didn't really impress me too much last night. They're playing short handed right now & are w/o their HC. They absolutely stink from the stripe. Read they missed 20 freebies in their last exhibition game & were a dismal 12-25 last night....ugggh....Setting some people UP for heartbreak when backers lay chalk on this team & need them to can the freebies down the stretch. They were also out rebounded by W&M 29-26 which is unacceptable against W&M types. Looks like they showed quite a bit of heart & simply outclassed W&M in the 2nd H though turning a 7 pt halftime deficit into a run away 15 point win.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Wow... a lot of interesting side notes reading into this game ... I unfortunately didn't watch it but didn't wager on it but those things are interesting to keep in mind as the average joe sees them as a good bet for the near future ... good job on the profitable night college ... many more to come

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

oh don't worry man ill be jumping ship once conference play starts.

First 12345 ... Last