No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

4 fishy lines Monday

Start of the week can be notorious for public slaughter. I would not take these four sides if I were you:

SA +4
    BOS -5.5
    DEN +2.5
    GS +1

Just my opinion. Not saying I'd necessarily go big on Heat, Nets, Hornets and Kings, but I think all four are the right side and the above teams are landmines Monday. Take it for what it's worth. I was wrong about Spurs and that funny line Saturday, so I'm far from perfect sniffing these out.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

WHy don't you provide opinions on why instead of just saying what other posters post and then calling them your leans?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    WHy don't you provide opinions on why instead of just saying what other posters post and then calling them your leans?
    What are you talking about? I just logged on -- haven't even been on the forum in about 6 hours.

I can just see a lot of people thinking the Spurs, Nuggets, Celtics and Warriors are easy plays Monday. If that jives with what others say, maybe you should listen instead of just assuming they're all gift plays.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Can anyone elaborate on the B2B/playoff spot situation in the games, or which team has more to lose?

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The Grizzlies are in a good spot vs the Clippers too. Grizz just got embarrassed in Miami and Clippers coming off big win at Wizards.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

2 will win
    2 will lose

i'll be on nuggets i think.

BetaB
    BetaB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2514

heat under for me look fishy.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I like fishy lines.

Waiting for them lines to denver and philly to come out. Those are my 2 fishy lines that I would like to play.

m4rka
    m4rka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1042

nets+5.5 is the play

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Start of the week can be notorious for public slaughter. I would not take these four sides if I were you:

SA +4
    BOS -5.5
    DEN +2.5
    GS +1

Just my opinion. Not saying I'd necessarily go big on Heat, Nets, Hornets and Kings, but I think all four are the right side and the above teams are landmines Monday. Take it for what it's worth. I was wrong about Spurs and that funny line Saturday, so I'm far from perfect sniffing these out.

Whats the Angle? . Public bets win at a 50 % clip look it up there's a science to this shi* . If you bet the public your gurranteed to lose and if you fade the public your gurranteed to lose to.

anjaru
    anjaru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Spurs +4? I haven't smelled anything this fishy since I went down on my ex's sister.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by m4rka View Post
    nets+5.5 is the play
    I cant take the nets knowing that boston is 3-0 so far against them this season thats a no play for me. They won by 14, 6 and 25 points

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

SA +4
    BOS -5.5
    DEN +2.5
    GS +1
    There's absolutely nothing conspicuous about any of these lines. The Miami line is a little inflated due to their previous meeting, DEN & BOS are bang on where they should be, and the GS line is appropriate following their recent success, being on their 5th in 7, and on the road. The Spurs are a bad bet tomorrow, but the rest are viable.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

I havnt taken the heat just yet. I like them alot in this spot. Regardless of his many banwagen fans we hVe the arena gets ridiculously crazy down here during big games. That being said. I dont know what'll happen to miamis rep if they drop this game.. considering their worst lost off the season was to th spurs. apparently from what I've seen on sbr thus far mostly everyone has the same perception. Im starting to get a weird feeling that mia -4 looks a little to easy and in fact be the fishy line in this game.

gv12
    gv12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston line definitely looks fishy so it's probably good to stay away, good luck today noco

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    There's absolutely nothing conspicuous about any of these lines. The Miami line is a little inflated due to their previous meeting, DEN & BOS are bang on where they should be, and the GS line is appropriate following their recent success, being on their 5th in 7, and on the road. The Spurs are a bad bet tomorrow, but the rest are viable.

Boston hasnt been less than 6.5 in NJ in the last 3 years. SO why do you say they are right on with this line? Its not the b2b thing either. NJ has covered 6 of 10 versus Bston.

tshizzle
    tshizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

i like boston the best out of these picks.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

lines are a power rating/guess. they are there to have people guessing and forming an opinion on both sides. if you think they are wrong, bet the other way it is very simple. don't give the linesmaker more credit than they deserve. you cannot make the right like. the spurs were -3 vs the heat last meeting and got throttled by 30 tears, it happens every night except for the tears (unless you are on the heat).

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

dynamite is gonna have a field day with this thread

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

what about the hornets -3, it looks good because 70% of the public early on is on Denver and the line hasnt moved a bit??

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Boston hasnt been less than 6.5 in NJ in the last 3 years. SO why do you say they are right on with this line? Its not the b2b thing either. NJ has covered 6 of 10 versus Bston.
    Well, I would argue that games prior to the 09-10 season are irrelevant as Brook Lopez is the only player thats still on the roster, so we're talking about the last 7 games. Of those, the Nets were +5.5 home dogs this year on Dec 5th (getting beaten down 100-75) and otherwise have averaged a spread of +11 points to work with in those games, going 4-2 ATS and in the games they covered, needing most of those 11 points to cover. The line opened at BOS -5 with New Jersey on a 4 game win streak (against crap opponents, i know), Boston suffering a couple of tough losses recently, and Deron Williams back in action. So this line is really not coming out of left field here. Mine came out as BOS -4.5 from pure stats and I feel like anything else would just be correction for public opinion. I'm not advocating one side or the other here, but I feel like this line is reflective of the two teams' current form.

So I think this line is uninteresting and not a priority for me, but that the Celtics will almost definitely cover, despite it likely being a heavy public play. The Celtics need wins to hold on to their #1 seeding for home court.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 03-14-11 at 09:40 AM.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

boston is 3-10 ats on btb this year....that scared me away from taking them. older team, gets tired 2nd night. makes sense..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    IMHO, I thought Miami would be -2, BOS would at least be -6 or even 7, NO would be a PK and GS would be -1 or 2. Again, this is just my opinion.

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    boston is 3-10 ats on btb this year....that scared me away from taking them. older team, gets tired 2nd night. makes sense..
    Yesterdays game was more of a light scrimmage. Their bench logged a ton of time, Rondo only played 26 minutes, don't factor in B2B here like you would normally.
    Im just going to stay away.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My big play -- and possibly only play -- of the night is a parlay, believe it or not:

LAL/MEM/MIA ML. Pays +192. If one of those teams loses, so be it. I don't think they will. I also think you could add HOU and OKC to it and be OK.

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

Quote Originally Posted by anjaru View Post
    Spurs +4? I haven't smelled anything this fishy since I went down on my ex's sister.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

My big play -- and possibly only play -- of the night is a parlay, believe it or not:

LAL/MEM/MIA ML. Pays +192. If one of those teams loses, so be it. I don't think they will. I also think you could add HOU and OKC to it and be OK.

good luck, I have a funny feeling about the Lakers tonight, and Kobe's ankle is ****** up too.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    good luck, I have a funny feeling about the Lakers tonight, and Kobe's ankle is ****** up too.
    Could be right. Lakers coming home from a big road swing.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could be right. Lakers coming home from a big road swing.
    Kobe Bryant - G - Lakers

In a recent interview with reporters, Kobe Bryant shared that the ankle injury suffered in Saturday's game against the Mavericks as the most painful he has encountered to date.

"I thought I was done, like done," Bryant said. "We were all pretty scared … to be honest with you because it looked horrible and it felt worse." Bryant has shown to be incredibly resiliant to injury in the past and will try to give it a go Monday night but remains a game time decision. If Bryant doesn't go, he will have five days to rest the ankle. If he decides to sit, give Shannon Brown a look.
    Related: Shannon Brown

Source: Orlando Sentinel
    Mar 14, 11:00 AM

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    Yesterdays game was more of a light scrimmage. Their bench logged a ton of time, Rondo only played 26 minutes, don't factor in B2B here like you would normally.
    Im just going to stay away.
    I couldn't disagree more. Yesterday was total domination, and it takes a lot of effort to dominate like that.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

Oh dear another thread about TRAP PLAYS AND Fade the Public from no coincidences

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    what about the hornets -3, it looks good because 70% of the public early on is on Denver and the line hasnt moved a bit??

What do you think?

Every thread no coincidence post is going to be either line movement, trap plays or fade the public plays. You were expecting something different from him? Besides that and the creating threads everytime his bet is down, you going to expect him to post insight?

All No Coincidences does is stare at the lines for 12 hours a day and complaining because they trying to fix a total in the last 2 minutes . To anyone that saw that magic/suns game yesterday, this guy complained they called a fake foul with 8 seconds left in a blowout when it was 100 PERCENT a foul. Of course he will lie and say he saw the game like he did last time with the clippers/bobcats game and said they called 6 phantom fouls when probably all of them were legitimate. If anyone of you read his thread yesterday, its pretty obvious he don't even watch the games on tv and just says they rig totals when it was obvious a foul occurred
    Last edited by dynamite140; 03-14-11 at 01:36 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Oh dear another thread about TRAP PLAYS AND Fade the Public from no coincidences
    Fade all of them. Go 4-0.

Simple strategy.

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15527

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I saw that also in USA today website. Just doesn't sit right with me. BOL if you play it

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    for the your info, the main 4 played about 25 mins a piece last nite... And the flight from boston to jersey is about an hour. There is no b2b theory for today, scratch that off... Boston are 1-2 past 3 games.. There half a game ahead of chicago. They wont let up in this game and they should play like the champions they are. Line is at -6 now at some places.. U should have taken celtics. Remember this post

12 Last