madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Didn't have a dime on the game but I believe all of it is fishy based on effort or lack there of! Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about. In Game 5 of the 2008 NBA Finals the Celtics have a 3-1 series lead and are losing title clinching Game 5 by 24 points or so. Suddenly, the Celtics play hard down the stretch and come back within 4 points or so only to lose Game 5. Next up is Game 6 at Boston. Celtics mop the floor with the Lakers and beat them by damn near 40 points! The Celtics didn't give a damn about Game 5 cause they knew they wanted to win the chip at home so they put out little to no effort in Game 5. But, what about the sucker who took the Celtics in 5 games? Or the bettors who bet the Celtics in game 5 ML or ATS? They lost cuz the Celts didn't play hard.
    you said they didnt give a shit about game 5 what a load of shit they want to win at home there's no guarantee especially in a finals series. You're right about teams not trying sometimes that's true and the cavs game would have been one of them but dont give me this crap about not trying in a FINALS series and wantiing to win at home because it's bs.

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I think we all agree the Lakers did not play like they wanted to win. Only they know why their court presence was lackadaisical. It just always make me wonder if there was an alterior motive involved in these type of situations. You could make a case the game was fixed but we all know how this argument goes. How many a time has this dispute on whether or not games are fixed has been present here on the forum. Bottomline is if the Lakers really wanted to win the game last night they would have.
    exactly. Anyone who can't see that is just anti lakers or plain dumb!

Sportsplays42
    Sportsplays42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Really? Betting on the NBA champs against a team who just broke a 25 game losing streak makes a person an idiot? I don't know about that.
    Yes, it does. First of all, Everyone knows the Lakers have not played well this year. Second, they are on the 5th game in 7 nights. Their legs were gone after Orlando. Third, this was a revenge game for Cleveland, not just for what the Lakers did to them but because of their poor effort against WAS. It shows a complete lack of knowledge about NBA betting. Your goal as a bettor is to find value in given lines, not hope a good team or your team will pull it out for you. This is were you found one of the best values of the night? The people who claim something is fishy are really idiots.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    exactly. Anyone who can't see that is just anti lakers or plain dumb!
    Amazing how so many people enjoy seeing the Lakers struggle. I thought Lebron had a lot of haters but it seems like the whole Lakers team may have more.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

What the lakers and cavs game is doing it setting you up for an easy picking on their next game.

Cavs will be running high with their mighty head that they just slayed the national champion team. Next game for cavs, their point spread will be smaller because vegas will think that cavs are now the chit. Small spread will favor the betters when you pick the fav.

Cavs next game is weds the 23rd where Houston is going to take them out. If houston fail, Knicks in line. One of these two will take them out for sure. Like any bad upset boxing match. You take my belt which benefit the next guy who doesn't have to fight me to get my belt but go on and beat up the chump that upset me. Easy way to get that belt kinda logic.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsplays42 View Post
    Yes, it does. First of all, Everyone knows the Lakers have not played well this year. Second, they are on the 5th game in 7 nights. Their legs were gone after Orlando. Third, this was a revenge game for Cleveland, not just for what the Lakers did to them but because of their poor effort against WAS. It shows a complete lack of knowledge about NBA betting. Your goal as a bettor is to find value in given lines, not hope a good team or your team will pull it out for you. This is were you found one of the best values of the night? The people who claim something is fishy are really idiots.
    I agree taking the Lakers last night was not a good bet but it doesn't take a genius to see the Lakers court presence was fishy. They have played and I quote "like their sleepwalking" Especially last night. The only sign of the Lakers we know came in the last few moments of the game.

Sportsplays42
    Sportsplays42's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were tired, mentally and physically.

I'm one of the biggest Laker fans there is, Chick Hearn is a diety to me. I would love nothing more than to see them play the Celtics in the finals. I think they will beat the Spurs because of their size and get to the finals. That said, I have made just as much money betting against the Lakers as I have betting with them.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Its not like the Lakers went out there and laid an egg, the Cavs were balling last night.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    What the lakers and cavs game is doing it setting you up for an easy picking on their next game.

Cavs will be running high with their mighty head that they just slayed the national champion team. Next game for cavs, their point spread will be smaller because vegas will think that cavs are now the chit. Small spread will favor the betters when you pick the fav.

Cavs next game is weds the 23rd where Houston is going to take them out. If houston fail, Knicks in line. One of these two will take them out for sure. Like any bad upset boxing match. You take my belt which benefit the next guy who doesn't have to fight me to get my belt but go on and beat up the chump that upset me. Easy way to get that belt kinda logic.
    The Buster Douglas theory.
    Last edited by cockblocker; 02-17-11 at 04:38 PM.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsplays42 View Post
    Excellent post.

This kind of thinking is how you make money gambling, not blaming your losses on fixes.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by mikail View Post
    is this the only words you post? If so what's the meaning? Curiousity is all.
    he is getting his free points

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    Excellent post.

This kind of thinking is how you make money gambling, not blaming your losses on fixes.
    youre both dense as ****. So the cavs won because it was out of revenge biggest bullshit theory ive ever heard if that was the case the cavs would have beaten the heat both times because all of cleveland and not just one man wanted revenge. Keep betting on hunches like that you won't last long.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

in other words, "this was the last leg in my ML parlay"

chelle0113
    chelle0113's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with no such thing as free money!...

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Lakers are so inconsistent that this was believable.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

I'm not sure what I would like to see more, Lakers not getting to the finals, or loosing in the finals to the Celtics. Tough choice...

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shocking upset but -1000 ml team losing happens that's why the line is -1000 not -9999999999999999999999999. If every team in the NBA is guaranteed to give 100% effort in all games than the ml would probably be set at
    -10000. Vegas knows the situation and the semi-trap line was set.

bulichme
    bulichme's Avatar Become A Pro!

THE REASON THEY LOST WAS BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR 7th ROAD GM IN A ROW. They looked whipped when they lost to ORL then got their tired butts whipped by CHAR,which I bet on. To bad I only bet against them on the spread vs CLE, I almost pulled the trigger on the upset. NO FIX JUST TOO TRIED FROM PARTING ON THE ROAD.

First 12