Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    You've got to be kidding me about Shaq being able to "start for any other NBA team". Dude is fat, slow, and decrepit. NO WAY could Shaq hold up over the course of a season playing starters minutes.
    No, I'm not kidding. And "starter minutes" are different for every player. Some players are more effective earlier in the game, while some later....

Shaq
    Last edited by Bradyd; 02-10-11 at 05:56 PM.

Bradyd

A lot of "know it alls" in this thread. Nobody was talking about the Lakers being too old, slow, or any of that shit until after "Mr Clutch" went public with his opinion on the state of the Lakers. Now, some will say JW meant what he said.........others will say he was trying to fire up the Lakers (because he'll always bleed purple & gold). Either way, now we have a bunch of wannabe sports reporters/GM's spewing from their pie holes about the Lakers and where they are lacking.

This team is BUILT FOR THE PLAYOFFS. We've been hearing about how Fisher is "too slow" and a "liability" for so many years I lost count. Yet, come playoff time...........he gets the job done. Same with Pau being "soft".....well.....guess what.....Pau is good for a solid 19 & 11 per game come playoff time.

Sure, this thread is about tonights game, but too many blow hards are talking about the demise of the Lakers WAY TOO SOON. Will they win tonight......in Boston......where the leprechauns have been close to unbeatable this season? Who knows....Vegas says they wont. Personally, I think they'll get it done. Lets just all keep in mind that until somebody knocks the Purple & Gold out of the playoffs......they are still YOUR DADDY!
    Yes I agree, to a certain extent that too many people are writing off the Lakers. But this isn't the same Laker team, they are older. And your argument would be a lot more effective if the Lakers were not considering "significant" trades before the deadline.... They maybe built for the playoffs but management is concerned, and rightly so....

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Yes I agree, to a certain extent that too many people are writing off the Lakers. But this isn't the same Laker team, they are older. And your argument would be a lot more effective if the Lakers were not considering "significant" trades before the deadline.... They maybe built for the playoffs but management is concerned, and rightly so....
    Who exactly says they are considering "significant" trades? The media? The Nuggets (trying to raise the offer from the Knicks)?

Jimmy Buss is in love with Bynum.............this trade is not even on the table.

Bradyd

Who exactly says they are considering "significant" trades? The media? The Nuggets (trying to raise the offer from the Knicks)?

Jimmy Buss is in love with Bynum.............this trade is not even on the table.
    Oh, you don't think they are serious about making some changes?? That's funny. But I can't argue with Jimmy's love affair with Bynum...

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Oh, you don't think they are serious about making some changes?? That's funny. But I can't argue with Jimmy's love affair with Bynum...
    You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'in amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Bradyd

It's just... You know, how you tell the story. What?

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got Boston here. Lakers never win against a good team.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I would love to see a team have three 7footers, that could legitimately start for any other team in the NBA.

Bynum/Gasoft/Odom

nobody else has this when it comes to having a frontline.

Bingo!

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by BillMing View Post
    Boston -2.5 is a LOCK. And i think under is the play, not as confident though. But last time they routed the Lakes they shot 60% and only just got over 100, so confident they will shoot 50% and win 93-88.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lakers

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19