politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

So who wins the championship this year?

Forget bias, or fan favorites. Who wins it?

I'm taking Boston. I don't think any other team can hang with them a 7 game series once they're 100 percent. They are going to be a scary team in the coming months strictly off of depth alone.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

If I had to pick right now I'd probably say Golden State.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Joke posts already?

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs in 6 vs Orlando

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

miami heat

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I like the Cs too. Still without Jermaine ONeal and Delonte West, and Perkins is still getting back into it. If they can stay healthy, no team can knock them out in 7 games. Too much depth, too much experience, too many clutch shooters

Kaan
    Kaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BRich View Post
    miami heat
    LOL good one... im thinking the Cavaliers

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Celtics hands down, assuming they stay healthy.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Assuming a team stays healthy it should be the Spurs.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Spurs, Boston, or Miami...

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

as long as the heat don't win, it doesn't matter

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

1) Celtics
    2) Lakers
    3) Spurs
    4) Heat
    5) Magic

If the Lakers can get past San Antonio, they will lose to Boston assuming the Celtics have homecourt.

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

As of now, Boston looks to be the one team in championship form. I'll still be rooting for the Lakers though.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone at full strength 1. Celtics 2(tied) Lakers, Spurs 3. Bulls 4. Heat 5. Magic 6. Mavericks 7. Thunder

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the lakers won't be a full strength though because kobe's knee is so screwed up. i am hoping for a boring final between the celtics and spurs where neither team scores over 95 points.

freddues
    freddues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I love BOSTON to win it all when healthy. They have such a strong line-up that can kill you inside and kill you outside. Allen is the BEST three point shooter I have ever seen.

B O S T O N

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

A little biased myself, but Celtics. Only team in the west that scares me is spurs, possibly OKC cause C's struggle w/athletic and fast teams like OKC is. NO ONE in the east scares me, C's have already proved they will own Miami, have owned Orlando in the playoffs before and will do it again..C's all the way

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

LAkers- until phil doesnt do a 3peat i wont bet against him. they lost to boston at home last year and this year and they lost to a lebron led team at home last year and this year. not sure why LA is forgotten but thats good for them. until someone beats them in a PLAYOFF series LA is the team to beat. the regular season is a tuneup.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Assuming a team stays healthy it should be the Spurs.
    They are really small upfront. In a 7 game series they stand no chance versus healthy LA and Boston teams. It wont matter if they have homecourt. Pop is pushing them too much to get homecourt. It will cost them later on.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    LAkers- until phil doesnt do a 3peat i wont bet against him. they lost to boston at home last year and this year and they lost to a lebron led team at home last year and this year. not sure why LA is forgotten but thats good for them. until someone beats them in a PLAYOFF series LA is the team to beat. the regular season is a tuneup.
    If Boston gets the home court I like their chances.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

this

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    If Boston gets the home court I like their chances.

See the lakers are like the steelers. They wont face Boston in the final. It never works out like that. Just like the steelers didnt have to face the pats.

t-wizzle

OK so who do you like out of the East? Boston will beat Miami.

doylfish

this:

the Lakers still have not beat the Celtics STARTING 5 in a series. IF they meet again, Celts win. The only reason the Lakers have won the last two years is 1. the garnett injury two years ago, and 2. the perkins injury last year.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    OK so who do you like out of the East? Boston will beat Miami.

Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    this:

the Lakers still have not beat the Celtics STARTING 5 in a series. IF they meet again, Celts win. The only reason the Lakers have won the last two years is 1. the garnett injury two years ago, and 2. the perkins injury last year.
    The lakers play who is in front of them. The lakers team in 2008 was a joke and it still took Boston 6 games to win that. Radmanovich was a starter . Dont forget Bynum was not healthy at all in last years final. IF he stays healthy LA wins.

lakerboy

Anyways i dont wanna debate this anymore. Lakers have won 8 straight playoff series. Give me a shout when they lose one.

t-wizzle

Anyways i dont wanna debate this anymore. Lakers have won 8 straight playoff series. Give me a shout when they lose one.
    If the Lakers face Boston in the finals, you and i will make a friendly wager

doylfish

it's always 'bynum isn't/wasn't healthy', that's all i ever hear, when will bynum be 100%? cause i hear more excuses about him and how big of a difference he is than basically any other player and i think he's overrated

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

See the lakers are like the steelers. They wont face Boston in the final. It never works out like that. Just like the steelers didnt have to face the pats.
    How does this even make sense? Boston and LA play in the finals, quite often. Haven't you heard?

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    this:

if its and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year round..

I don't like the Lakers one bit, but if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best, and until they're beat, they're the best..

Power Play

If (somewhat big if) boston stays healthy this year they have such a killer team. Loaded front court in Shaq, Perkins, Big Baby (unfortunately lost Jermaine O'neal), top 5 point guard plus capable backup, two clutch snipers in Pierce/Allen and of course KG. One of the best defensive teams in the league and runs some of the best offensive/ball movement sets honestly they matches up well against anyone. The addition of Shaq is huge against the Lakers to offset their size advantage( along with healthy Perkins). Against Miami they'll kill them inside plus Rondo will school Miami PG. Miami also have one of the most stagnant offense in the league that won't cut it against the Celtics. Orlando is soft and have to shoot lights out from downtown to have a chance, while the 3 headed monsters will control Howard. Noah and the Bulls frontcourt will eventually get worn out imo. Honestly I think a Miami/Chicago series would be epic if Noah gets back at 100%, Bulls could surprise because Rose will absolutely make a mockery of any PG matchup.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Lakers/Celts play a 7 game series this year, the Celtics will win it. I don't think a single team will be able to beat them 7 games once they get to 100 percent. Scary thought = Oneal and West are still out. Just wait.

Power Play

If they have Jermaine O'neal (I know he's old but he's still a 7 foot former all star) and Delonte West(nice all around game including decent defense) physically and mentall healthy along with their all star lineup NO TEAM can beat them in a 7 game series without a beaucoup of luck.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
    If (somewhat big if) boston stays healthy this year they have such a killer team. Loaded front court in Shaq, Perkins, Big Baby (unfortunately lost Jermaine O'neal), top 5 point guard plus capable backup, two clutch snipers in Pierce/Allen and of course KG. One of the best defensive teams in the league and runs some of the best offensive/ball movement sets honestly they matches up well against anyone. The addition of Shaq is huge against the Lakers to offset their size advantage( along with healthy Perkins). Against Miami they'll kill them inside plus Rondo will school Miami PG. Miami also have one of the most stagnant offense in the league that won't cut it against the Celtics. Orlando is soft and have to shoot lights out from downtown to have a chance, while the 3 headed monsters will control Howard. Noah and the Bulls frontcourt will eventually get worn out imo. Honestly I think a Miami/Chicago series would be epic if Noah gets back at 100%, Bulls could surprise because Rose will absolutely make a mockery of any PG matchup.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by politicin View Post
    Lakers/Celts play a 7 game series this year, the Celtics will win it. I don't think a single team will be able to beat them 7 games once they get to 100 percent. Scary thought = Oneal and West are still out. Just wait.
    there's no way to know till the time comes. once again, to be the best you gotta beat the best. And last year in the finals when it mattered most the Lakers beat the Celtics.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

And then the teams did something called, "off season acquisitions". And teams changed. Welcome to the world.

123 Last