lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by politicin View Post
    How does this even make sense? Boston and LA play in the finals, quite often. Haven't you heard?
    Yeah 2 times in the last 23 years. Haven't you heard?

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's because neither teams were significant at the same time you idiot. You can't be serious can you? The gap of skill between the two teams has been narrowed by quite a bit within the last 5 years. Haven't you heard?

LOL @ you saying the most storied rivalry in all of basketball never happens.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yeah 2 times in the last 23 years. Haven't you heard?
    Nice jab on the retard's chin.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

And then the teams did something called, "off season acquisitions". And teams changed. Welcome to the world.
    but you can't give out championships in sports months ahead of time before the games are even played. if that were the case the super bowl trophy would have been handed to the patriots half way thru the season, and oh that's right they didn't even make the AFC Champ game.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    if its and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year round..

I don't like the Lakers one bit, but if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best, and until they're beat, they're the best..
    i agree, and what i'm saying is, the lakers have not beat boston's best. boston's starting 5 has NEVER lost a playoff series, not to the lakers, not to anyone, and i expect it to be the same this year. sure the benches and parts change, but boston starting 5 = better than lakers starting 5 any day of the week.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Except it's completely incorrect and irrelevant to what's going on. If you had an intelligent mind of your own and didn't hop on other people's jocks you would clearly see that.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

but you can't give out championships in sports months ahead of time before the games are even played. if that were the case the super bowl trophy would have been handed to the patriots half way thru the season, and oh that's right they didn't even make the AFC Champ game.
    Really idiotic to compare football and basketball. You do also realize the Celts have been at their worst, essentially all year, riddled with injuries, and check the standings guy. Nobody will beat the Celtics this year in a 7 game series. Offer me a future I'll accept.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    i agree, and what i'm saying is, the lakers have not beat boston's best. boston's starting 5 has NEVER lost a playoff series, not to the lakers, not to anyone, and i expect it to be the same this year. sure the benches and parts change, but boston starting 5 = better than lakers starting 5 any day of the week.
    maybe so but the Lakers beat who were in front of them, what else are they supposed to do? injuries are a part of the game, in all sports.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    Not to mention, Bostons bench changed ALOT for the better. Alot more size, and another great all around player in D West. This won't even be close. In fact, I'll say it. The Celtics would EMBARRASS the Lakers in a 7 game series this year.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

maybe so but the Lakers beat who were in front of them, what else are they supposed to do? injuries are a part of the game, in all sports.
    Are people making excuses for them? No, they're reevaluating the matchup, as the matchup has changed. Do you see a more logical approach to comparing the two teams? Any stats from the 70's that you feel might help in judging this years NBA climate? Get the picture? It's called critical thinking.

obamaismyuncle

Really idiotic to compare football and basketball. You do also realize the Celts have been at their worst, essentially all year, riddled with injuries, and check the standings guy. Nobody will beat the Celtics this year in a 7 game series. Offer me a future I'll accept.

that comparison was the first that came to mind, it happens all the time, in all sports. Standings say Boston is first in the Eastern Conf. a little over half way thru the season, is there a trophy for leading your conf at the half way point? You can't say nobody will beat the C's in a 7 game series cause it hasn't been played yet. If you can't see that's just stupid of you to say I can't help you.

obamaismyuncle

Not to mention, Bostons bench changed ALOT for the better. Alot more size, and another great all around player in D West. This won't even be close. In fact, I'll say it. The Celtics would EMBARRASS the Lakers in a 7 game series this year.
    lol.

well ok the Celtics made a lot of moves and look better on paper so the NBA might as well just hand them the trophy now, I am out, later guy

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

ON PAPER the Celtics when healthy appears to be the best team. Games are not played on paper. If Miami ever learn to run a more ball/player movement offense they would pose a huge challenge. Also the world champ Lakers cannot be discounted because they have a whale of a team too when healthy. Injuries are also unpredictable. I can say that the Colts would be playing in the Super Bowl if everyone (Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie) are 100% healthy but that would just be guessing. I do think Celts will beat the Lakers if they both play full strength this year but if you offer me +200 Lakers odds for that series I'll take it in a second.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

So put money on it? LOL... You're confident it won't happen, so offer me a future I can accept, and I will...

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
    ON PAPER the Celtics when healthy appears to be the best team. Games are not played on paper. If Miami ever learn to run a more ball/player movement offense they would pose a huge challenge. Also the world champ Lakers cannot be discounted because they have a whale of a team too when healthy. Injuries are also unpredictable. I can say that the Colts would be playing in the Super Bowl if everyone (Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie) are 100% healthy but that would just be guessing. I do think Celts will beat the Lakers if they both play full strength this year but if you offer me +200 Lakers odds for that series I'll take it in a second.
    Miami will be God awful in a 7 game series against any contending team. Easily a first round elimination for Miami.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
    This guy gets it..

So put money on it? LOL... You're confident it won't happen, so offer me a future I can accept, and I will...
    You keep talking like you can see the future. Can you?

Miami will be God awful in a 7 game series against any contending team. Easily a first round elimination for Miami.
    You just don't get it.

Power Play

Miami has great potential but Lebrick needs to work on his jumper and move without the ball. If Pat Reily steps in and make them run more set offense instead of just isolations they'll be very dangerous.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

How long have you even been watching sports Obama? You sound like a real retard. Colts winning the superbowl again? Manning will never get another ring. I'll bet that too. If you aren't intelligent enough to be able to gauge a teams play or worth in particular scenarios, then you my friend are the one who just doesn't get it. I've been watching ball long enough to know the Heat will do NOTHING come post season, until they address their problems up front and get more depth (which they will within the next couple of year). You're the idiot who ran out and bought a Lebron Heat jersey, day one, claiming "THEYRE GOING TO BE UNBEATABLE OMG!!"... You possess no knowledge of the game if you can't see a teams potential and gauge half a season in. There are few teams the Heat can beat come post season. The Knicks are one of them. Name another please.

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

How long have you even been watching sports Obama? You sound like a real retard. Colts winning the superbowl again? Manning will never get another ring. I'll bet that too. If you aren't intelligent enough to be able to gauge a teams play or worth in particular scenarios, then you my friend are the one who just doesn't get it. I've been watching ball long enough to know the Heat will do NOTHING come post season, until they address their problems up front and get more depth (which they will within the next couple of year). You're the idiot who ran out and bought a Lebron Heat jersey, day one, claiming "THEYRE GOING TO BE UNBEATABLE OMG!!"... You possess no knowledge of the game if you can't see a teams potential and gauge half a season in. There are few teams the Heat can beat come post season. The Knicks are one of them. Name another please.
    Thunder....

obamaismyuncle

No, I think you're the retard cause I never mentioned the Colts. You're burying your own dumbass with every post, just quit now. And by the way, Congrats to the 2011 NBA Champion Boston Celtics

7 out of 10 people are stupid and you're one of them, I would tend to think others would agree as well. Keep showing your knowledge here in the NBA sub section..keep watching ball, bro

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Adr3nalin3 Ru5h View Post
    Thunder....
    Proves my point further, they're in the West. You're reaching.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

No, I think you're the retard cause I never mentioned the Colts. You're burying your own dumbass with every post, just quit now. And by the way, Congrats to the 2011 NBA Champion Boston Celtics

7 out of 10 people are stupid and you're one of them, I would tend to think others would agree as well. Keep showing your knowledge here in the NBA sub section..keep watching ball, bro
    Ironic, you're the only person who I claimed to be stupid. Also ironic is the fact that you said 7 out of 10, as if the majority actually wins in sports betting. LOL. Why would I ever ride the majority? You are clearly even dumber than previously assessed.

obamaismyuncle

Ironic, you're the only person who I claimed to be stupid. Also ironic is the fact that you said 7 out of 10, as if the majority actually wins in sports betting. LOL. Why would I ever ride the majority? You are clearly even dumber than previously assessed.

now you're just making up shit..later loser.

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h

Proves my point further, they're in the West. You're reaching.
    Hell.. I think they beat the Magic too

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

now you're just making up shit..later loser.
    Yet you won't take action on the future? So funny. 7 out of 10 are stupid, and you are as square as they come.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Adr3nalin3 Ru5h View Post
    Hell.. I think they beat the Magic too
    They don't. Magic are very deep and the Heat have no answer for Howard.

obamaismyuncle

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Watch this guys. So instead of laughing. Point out what part of that statement is funny? The Magic aren't deeper? The Heat have an answer for Howard? Really? Ilgauskis? LMAO.

Point proven, forum nerd.

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h

All they have to do is foul the dude!!!!... hell only make 20-50 Fts!!!! but to keep it so real if howard doesn't score 50pts each game the magic lose.... they have no one else but nelson and richardson who will be getting owned by dwade n james

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Turkoglu?

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Also glad you added Richardson in there. Miami can't hang with Orlando over 7 games. To say otherwise is blasphemy.

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h

Turkoglu?
    hes as much as a factor as mike miller.... or better yet eddie house!!!

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Ryan Anderson? Brandon Bass?

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

not to mention Hedo is shooting way better than Miller and on par with House

Power Play

Magic is a soft team generally that rely too much on 3 point shooting. Sure if they get hot they can beat anyone but in a 7 game series they will generally lose to upper level teams. The one finals year they took advantage of a soft East (as a result of Garnett's injury) but were beaten down by the lakeshow in the finals. Howard is a fine player but is not a offensive juggernaut like say young Shaq that will singlehandily destroy the Heat. With Dampier and company giving fouls they will live with Howard scoring 25 or so to rough up the soft perimeter players of the Magic. Miami is one of the top perimeter defensive teams in the league. Nelson is a nice point but is too slow to throughly exploit Arroyo or Chalmer (unlike Rondo or Rose). There is absolutely no defensive answer for Lebron and Wade as they will break, spin, and drive their way past the matador perimeter D of Orlando and potentially put Howard in foul trouble (and no Gortat backing him up). Plus Orlando have no clutch, reliable players to take over when Heat makes their patented runs (like Ray Allen or Paul Pierce for example). Honestly I think Heat matches up well against Orlando.

First 123 Last