lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Taking the Rockets +7.5 in LALA land on Tuesday.

Rockets +7.5 -107 (1x)

I really like the Rockets here. They should keep it close as the Lakers will be in a good mood and will take it easy for awhile before pulling it out late. I really wanna take the Rockets on the ML but i will stick with +7.5. It should be a great game. The line is overinflated like usual in LA. The lakers always have trouble covering at home and im fading them here. I have no opinion on the other 2 games. Good luckon all your NBA plays guys.
    Last edited by lakerboy; 10-25-10 at 10:21 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave lakerboy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Julian1221, and Mac4Lyfe

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

good luck man ....

duly noted
    Last edited by mlb; 10-25-10 at 10:23 PM.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Rockets +7.5 -107 (1x)

I really like the Rockets here. They should keep it close as the Lakers will be in a good mood and will take it easy for awhile before pulling it out late. I really wanna take the Rockets on the ML but i will stick with +7.5. It should be a great game. The line is overinflated like usual in LA. The lakers always have trouble covering at home and im fading them here. I have no opinion on the other 2 games. Good luckon all your NBA plays guys.
    with you on this play but i really hope that LA wins straight up

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Lb will you have a thread this year?

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

yea this is the best NBA play on the board for the first day of the season. All the fast young guards of the rockets will cause the Lakers fits and a lot of easy touch fouls will be called on the Lakers creating easy ft opportunities for the Lakers.

This entire season will create a lot of opportunity for fading the Lakers. Its LA they don't really care until the game is close or unless its the postseason. Lakers will also struggle with no Bynum just like they did last season.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Following you here

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

GL lakerboy

absolute
    absolute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5076

would you wait closer to gametime to get a better number or would you lock it in now?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    would you wait closer to gametime to get a better number or would you lock it in now?
    I'd say now a good enough number and price. Don't get greedy...

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

my line had already shifted to 7 so it may be moving against you

absolute

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I'd say now a good enough number and price. Don't get greedy...
    agree. 7 is a key number. just didnt know if he had a system

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post

NO get it now. I already got a bad number. The rockets were +9.5 at pinny to open. I think 7.5 is good but anything below that (7or 6.5) is a no play. Lots of money has come in at The Greek on the Rockets ML. ALways look at the Greek when it comes to the NBA.

thedrifter
    thedrifter's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks LB! GL this year!

absolute

NO get it now. I already got a bad number. The rockets were +9.5 at pinny to open. I think 7.5 is good but anything below that (7or 6.5) is a no play. Lots of money has come in at The Greek on the Rockets ML. ALways look at the Greek when it comes to the NBA.
    nice. thanks for the tip

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't matter who the Rockets put out there on the floor, just like the Warriors, they always play the Lakers tough

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Lol Lakers should blow Rockets out man. Houston is not good. Is Yao Ming even playing?

lakerboy

Please dont get mad at me if you take the Rockets and they dont cover. I would take them here everytime.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

I have rocket for 8x total (2 books), didn't intent to go this big in first day, but it kinda something I've been following, and this is the bet I suppose to play. Now kinda feel better when you are on it (but I see only 1x from you).
    Is it last year, Laker lost ATS on the opening Champ. ceremony's day?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    I have rocket for 8x total (2 books), didn't intent to go this big in first day, but it kinda something I've been following, and this is the bet I suppose to play. Now kinda feel better when you are on it (but I see only 1x from you).
    Is it last year, Laker lost ATS on the opening Champ. ceremony's day?

I might increase it to 2x but not bigger than that. Gonna be careful with NBA early on.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

this is the one play i like as well. lean boston and the under there but not sure if i will play anything in that game.

darkenergy

so you are saying thegreek is a good benchmark for NBA?
    I really like this tips, as I see different book is good for different sport. For example, matchbook was really good in term of line movement in early NBA season last year. Bookmaker was really good indicator for MLB after all-star, and such.
    The greek is your good indicator ?

lakerboy

so you are saying thegreek is a good benchmark for NBA?
    I really like this tips, as I see different book is good for different sport. For example, matchbook was really good in term of line movement in early NBA season last year. Bookmaker was really good indicator for MLB after all-star, and such.
    The greek is your good indicator ?

The greek is sharp as nails on sides but on totals they move slow or dont move.

IF okc is -1 at home to lal at the greek and everyone else is the same but others move to pk but greek holds out till the end go with greek.

of course matchy is solid as well and pinny is awesome on totals on games no one pays attn to.

PeePee
    PeePee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 247

GL... LB. Hope Rockets win SU.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

i really like this play lb. like you and other posters have noted, houston always plays la hard. i don't see the lakers getting very far ahead of the rockets in this game, i think it will be close throughout.. +7.5 is a large cushion here.. on it before it drops more. gluck

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

LB are you making an nba thread?

darkenergy

hey LB, I recently read an article talking about NBA handicap. The article suggests that in NBA, don't look too much into stats, trend, but rather looking at the currently setting, and compare to previous meeting's lines to findout why the currently line set the way is it to find out whether the line is inflated or not.
    Do you ever incorporate this factor into your decision?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    LB are you making an nba thread?

What is the NBA? Is that the sport with muscle action figures?

hey LB, I recently read an article talking about NBA handicap. The article suggests that in NBA, don't look too much into stats, trend, but rather looking at the currently setting, and compare to previous meeting's lines to findout why the currently line set the way is it to find out whether the line is inflated or not.
    Do you ever incorporate this factor into your decision?

Yes lots look at the most recent game and if the line is diff(esp totals) they make note. I look at that here and there but mostly i go with my system.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'm gonna play rockets i think also.

lakerboy

Too many guys are liking this play now. Lakers should win easy. Lakers always cover at home.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't think LB could resist the NBA, already made a preseason play and now hitting up the first day of the season. Good to you have you back, what were you thinking talking about not playing/posting up the NBA this year??

I liked the Rockets up at +9.5 when it first came out but I think a lot of the value has been taken away. You might be sitting on the edge of your seat watching some meaningless free throws cash or kill your wager here.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 10-25-10 at 11:44 PM.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I only took this play because I see Houston has Kevin Martin and Yao Ming starting.

darkenergy

Here is the key question if you can shed some light for newbie.
    Last year, I remember couple games (in early season). One of them was rocket played with 76ers, with more than 70% on rocket (sbr liveodd), line came out like -3 or something...........then the line drop to -2.5, -2, -1.5. Then slowly rising up to -2.5 before tip off (but never cross the opener), if I remember correctly.
    A lot of people feeling 76ers is a play due to RLM ( more than 60% on favor, yet the line went the other way). As for me, some strange reason I do feel when line is dropping from -3 to -1.5, books already got enough shares on 76ers (people pounding 76ers due to appear to be RLM)...........which they did balance their book. I do feel rockets is a play, and they did cashed.

About a week later similar linemovement, and % of bettors on 1 side when Rocket played Wizzards, and everyone thinking Wizzard is a play...........and Wizzard loss in that contest (ATS)too.

How can you tell when is a deceptive livemovement?
    Thanks

darkenergy

Too many guys are liking this play now. Lakers should win easy. Lakers always cover at home.
    If you check covers contest's page, you would almost find no one is on Rockets ( I just check the first 10 posters )

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    I didn't think LB could resist the NBA, already made a preseason play and now hitting up the first day of the season. Good to you have you back, what were you thinking talking about not playing/posting up the NBA this year??

I liked the Rockets up at +9.5 when it first came out but I think a lot of the value has been taken away. You might be sitting on the edge of your seat watching some meaningless free throws cash or kill your wager here.

Which book do you play at that had Rockets +9.5?

lakerboy

DE i am not going to share any more info on the forum publicly. PM me and i can answer your questions.

1234 ... Last