Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

BOL to you this season lakerboy. I remember late last season when i found this forum you had the knicks ml +500 in dallas, it seemed crazy but they ended up blowing them away.. kill em again this year!

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

rockets will cover

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

wait until after people get buried on the heat early cause they will try to get it back on the lakers. best line will be before gametime.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    a little off topic, but I would take Aubrey Huff over mitch moreland anytime, just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    Moreland is better then Huff?

The phils were supposedly better at every position as well but that did not do them much.

Both of you are looking at career numbers vs. the now. Moreland has been more productive during the postseason than Huff. Also, Moreland plays better defense and can run the bases. Huff moves around 1B and the bases like his feet or in sand. The game of baseball has changed and that was why the Phillies and Yankess were both dominated during the LCS's. Both team rely too much on the long ball and neither team really had a concept on how to manufacture runs when the going got tough. Texas on the other hand has hitting but they also can and will manufacture runs when there bats are silent. Also, now that we are out of the steroids era you two are not putting enough emphasis on defense. The game is quicker and more diverse than it has been in a long time and teams are utilizing speed and defense like never before. The Yankees lack of defense was evident. It doesn't always show up in errors but range and how many plays are made on the ball and almost all of The Rangers players are above average defensively. In short series you have to execute the other phases rather than just hitting because it can come or go at anytime. Kinda like watching the NCAA tournament in March. The 3pt shooting teams that rely on that soley to win usually don't go far because sooner or later on those neutral sites there shots go cold and they are beat. The team's that advance to win championships in the NCAA are solid and play top notch defense and rebound.

I tried to make that correlation with the NCAA and the importance of defense in MLB especially in a short series and for all purposes 7 games is very short.

For instance if the Yankees were to play the Rangers 100 times than the Yankess probably would win more than the Rangers but since the series were shorter the Yankees were exposed. Over the course of many games the Yankees 3 run homers would mask many issues.

Probably just waisted my time

craig4nr
    craig4nr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

Looking foward to another great season. On the Rockets tonight.

FLO31
    Fidel CashFLO
    FLO31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

hey LB, on it as well with you... Rockets are not a bad team... I say Aaron Brooks has a great night with the old man guarding him..

thienlong82
    thienlong82's Avatar Become A Pro!

go rocket

Jiggy Fly
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier!!
    Jiggy Fly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

On it. GL LB. Looking foward to the season.

m3xtreme
    m3xtreme's Avatar Become A Pro!

bodog shifted from +8 to now +7 on Houston.. looks like their making their own odds again. any take on the O/U?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Rockets will cover, GL LB!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's now 6.5 at some places.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

50x on lakers.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    50x on lakers.

GOY? Or Lock of the millenium?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Lyon I'll gladly discuss this through private messages if you have time.

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post

It's a gift. The Rangers have better speed,better defense, better hitting and Cliff Lee. The only posistion player that SF has that is better is Posey. Every other posistion the Rangers own them. I see a potential split in SF and they may even beat Lee, but the series goes 6 games max.

The only reason it isn't a higher price is because SF has home field.
    I believe the Phillies had better positional players than the giants, as well as better speed, power, hitting, pitching.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Lyon I'll gladly discuss this through private messages if you have time.

Sure Paul! Go right ahead and PM me all you want to tell me how much better Aubrey Huff is Paul, you don't get it buddie. You probably read nothing I wrote. You have no clue how the dynamics of the game has changed in the last couple of yrs because steroids are gone. It's the same reason your Yankess got there ass kicked and sent home. Youth and Speed is what MLB is now. Nobody with any brains is targetting 30+ yr posistion players that are slower than shit and cannot field a posistion. Defense, base running are huge now. That is not pretty and it doesn't show up in any box score but that is what wins.

Had you watched the playoffs you would have seen how Aubrey Huff cost the Giants game 5 at home by making a 2 run error on a routine ground ball. Had he made the play the Giants would have wrapped the series up that nite.

You are a name guy. You go off name brands. That is the same reason you pull for the Yankees and Lakers. How hard has it been for you to be a fan? I guess in the NFL you have liked the Patriots for the last 10 yrs or so.

Sorry to be a critical. I just don't need anybody telling me about something I have forgot more about than you know. I actually played the game at a high level.

PM all you want. I'll respond tommorow. Going home for the evening.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post

GOY? Or Lock of the millenium?

thienlong82
    thienlong82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of luck man...

broadway6
    on to the next one

Sure Paul! Go right ahead and PM me all you want to tell me how much better Aubrey Huff is Paul, you don't get it buddie. You probably read nothing I wrote. You have no clue how the dynamics of the game has changed in the last couple of yrs because steroids are gone. It's the same reason your Yankess got there ass kicked and sent home. Youth and Speed is what MLB is now. Nobody with any brains is targetting 30+ yr posistion players that are slower than shit and cannot field a posistion. Defense, base running are huge now. That is not pretty and it doesn't show up in any box score but that is what wins.

Had you watched the playoffs you would have seen how Aubrey Huff cost the Giants game 5 at home by making a 2 run error on a routine ground ball. Had he made the play the Giants would have wrapped the series up that nite.

You are a name guy. You go off name brands. That is the same reason you pull for the Yankees and Lakers. How hard has it been for you to be a fan? I guess in the NFL you have liked the Patriots for the last 10 yrs or so.

Sorry to be a critical. I just don't need anybody telling me about something I have forgot more about than you know. I actually played the game at a high level.

great post lyon...

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

Definitely on this, nice to see you are on the same side

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

i cant get a good enough line on the game, so i'm abstaining.

Pauulzcappin

Sure Paul! Go right ahead and PM me all you want to tell me how much better Aubrey Huff is Paul, you don't get it buddie. You probably read nothing I wrote. You have no clue how the dynamics of the game has changed in the last couple of yrs because steroids are gone. It's the same reason your Yankess got there ass kicked and sent home. Youth and Speed is what MLB is now. Nobody with any brains is targetting 30+ yr posistion players that are slower than shit and cannot field a posistion. Defense, base running are huge now. That is not pretty and it doesn't show up in any box score but that is what wins. Had you watched the playoffs you would have seen how Aubrey Huff cost the Giants game 5 at home by making a 2 run error on a routine ground ball. Had he made the play the Giants would have wrapped the series up that nite. You are a name guy. You go off name brands. That is the same reason you pull for the Yankees and Lakers. How hard has it been for you to be a fan? I guess in the NFL you have liked the Patriots for the last 10 yrs or so. Sorry to be a critical. I just don't need anybody telling me about something I have forgot more about than you know. I actually played the game at a high level. PM all you want. I'll respond tommorow. Going home for the evening.
    I see you cocky enough not to accept anyone's opinion over yours. I have no business discussing with someone who can't take the personal issues of me supporting Lakers or Yanks or whatever. I've been a Laker fan since I'm 6. I'm not even american I can guarantee I have more Lakers stuff than what you gathered your whole life of sports. I watched all playoff games thus far, don't talk about what you don't know. I might have been a little homer with my picks but that's how you start. You try, fail and learn.

You made a 3+ paragraph post attacking me and sucking your own dick, but I'll give you my response just because I feel the need to, I'll stick to what's important.

YEs, speed is very important and so is baserunning. Can Mitch Moreland steal a base? answer is he can't. neither can aubrey huff because NONE OF THEM ARE FAST. That was a weird hop, nonetheless an error, but a weird hop. Moreland is good on defense but that doesn't make him better than Huff, especially for a first baseman. Who would you prefer nowadays? A guy who can get a big hit on a clutch situation or hit a homer when your team is down or good defense on a position that doesn't requite much. Sorry, I'll take Huff anytime.

But why should I be telling you this? AFterall you played the game at high level and watch every game of the regular season and playoffs. I'm really sorry, I'll not give my opinions anymore, I have the mastermind Lyon the pro ball player.

BTW, you complain about goat making harsh comments when discussing basketball and flip out at him but you do the same thing with other people. Like you said you are 31 and don't have to deal with this crap.

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

curious: what level? I played a year of college in BC, Canada

ojs69
    ojs69's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gl lb

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Have a nice NBA regular all of you fellas

Let's enjoy the best game on planet Earth!!!

Go Celtics

jagermeister1
    jagermeister1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

LB did so well last year, finished the season up about 200 units on NBA plays, if I remember correctly... how can I doubt him??????

I'm on the Rockets, as well.

GL.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I also like the Rockets.....I see the Lakers winning by like 3-5

DaAce
    DaAce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2372

lakers by 9, sorry lb

StrikeForce
    StrikeForce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 166

nba

Houston is a good bet

solecrazy
    solecrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

BOL LB! Hope you kill the bookies this season too

Fasttrack
    Fasttrack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

I think Rockets cover this one. GL!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Well at least i got a decent number.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

No way Lakers give up their first home game, now that is 6.5 you better stay away. They could easily cover late shooting free throws.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    No way Lakers give up their first home game, now that is 6.5 you better stay away. They could easily cover late shooting free throws.

Yeah lakers most likely win but i know this team watch Gasol and Odom miss free throws at the end if it is close to make sure the Rockets cover.

Pauulzcappin

Lakers covered only 40% of home games last year. I expect this to continue.

First 123456 ... Last