Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

What will the Lakers do differently in the playoffs?

They can't defend. Can't shoot.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're gonna stop acting like they suck - that's what. Don't doubt em, bad move right now IMO.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i think they're trying to catch their opponents off guard

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Showing that they are an old team with one person expected to put up 100 pts per game...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Lets see who they play first round first.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

How about bench Derek Fisher's ass.

I have never seen him make a lay-up. He always misses lay-ups. whether they are contested are not its 100% bricks.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've said it all year long, Fisher might be the worst starter on any playoff team. The Lakers got dominated tonight.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    How about bench Derek Fisher's ass.

I have never seen him make a lay-up. He always misses lay-ups. whether they are contested are not its 100% bricks.
    That's true.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

as soon as you realize that they are just giving the wins away right now the better off you will be

they don't even try right now

1. they are saving energy so they wont burn out in the playoffs
    2. making sure they dont get any season ending injuries
    3. gaining the surprise factor, people like you will be expecting them to suck through the playoffs

they did the exact same thing last year

thats why they have the advantage, teams like the cavs and celtics are still going all in and will run out of breath

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    as soon as you realize that they are just giving the wins away right now the better off you will be

they don't even try right now

1. they are saving energy so they wont burn out in the playoffs
    2. making sure they dont get any season ending injuries
    3. gaining the surprise factor, people like you will be expecting them to suck through the playoffs

they did the exact same thing last year

thats why they have the advantage, teams like the cavs and celtics are still going all in and will run out of breath
    The Lakers never looked this lost last year. Laker fans use this stupid "they only care about the playoffs" excuse waaaay too much. Yes, you save energy for the playoffs. However, a good teams is able to recognize that somebody like Atlanta is a contender and they should treat it with playoff intensity. The Lakers aren't executing well offensively and play soft defense right now.

lakerboy

Last year the lakers lost 8 of the last 17 games . Pretty much one year ago today they lost by 10 points in atlanta. This year they are 7-3 in the last ten games played and with 7 games left all they have to do is win 2 of the last 7 games to better last years teams finish. Not sure why you are saying they never looked lost last year. The lakers were lost in the playoffs to houston last year as well. Actually they never woke up until game 5 in the 3rd qtr against Denver in the conf finals.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Last year the lakers lost 8 of the last 17 games . Pretty much one year ago today they lost by 10 points in atlanta. This year they are 7-3 in the last ten games played and with 7 games left all they have to do is win 2 of the last 7 games to better last years teams finish. Not sure why you are saying they never looked lost last year. The lakers were lost in the playoffs to houston last year as well. Actually they never woke up until game 5 in the 3rd qtr against Denver in the conf finals.
    ^this

I've never been a Kobe fan, or a Laker fan -- far from it. Rooted against them much of my life... but they have the talent, the coaching, and the closer to play the "flip the switch" game. Enough of these threads. Just wait for the playoffs to start and we'll see what plays out.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

they'll clamp down the d,you can count on it

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    They are having some shoot(offensive) issues. but come on they can defend big time when it matters

kobefanatic

damn if only GASOFT stop whining about touches lakers will be better

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by alukk View Post
    They are having some shoot(offensive) issues. but come on they can defend big time when it matters
    I haven't seen tough D out of the Lakers in a while. Kobe and Artest lock in at times, but they play matador-D at the PG and are incredibly soft inside.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just wait and see!

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    damn if only GASOFT stop whining about touches lakers will be better
    He deserves to whine. In 22 of the 57 games he's started this season he has gotten 11 or fewer shots. Doesn't seem to make much sense considering he's possibly the 2nd best scoring PF in the league.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    He deserves to whine. In 22 of the 57 games he's started this season he has gotten 11 or fewer shots. Doesn't seem to make much sense considering he's possibly the 2nd best scoring PF in the league.
    he should make those shots if he whines about touches, pound it inside and not throw a sissy hook or gay jump shot

lakerboy

So who will they face in the first round?

williams22

he should make those shots if he whines about touches, pound it inside and not throw a sissy hook or gay jump shot
    The guy shoots 52.5%!!!! He has a great jump hook, why wouldn't you want him using it? Kobe shoots 46.2% for comparison.

I realize Kobe needs/wants the ball in his hands a lot, but getting Gasol 15 shots every night should not be difficult.

williams22

So who will they face in the first round?
    Looks like San Antonio or Portland. If I were the Lakers I would hope for SA.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    bro, its rest time. they have the west wrapped up and are just wanting to get the games over with and get the playoffs started. I assure you, they will bring their A game come playoff time. anybody who sees otherwise is a fool.

kobefanatic

The guy shoots 52.5%!!!! He has a great jump hook, why wouldn't you want him using it? Kobe shoots 46.2% for comparison.

I realize Kobe needs/wants the ball in his hands a lot, but getting Gasol 15 shots every night should not be difficult.
    of course he will have a higher shot percentage than kobe, he's shots are inside 18ft unlike kobe who's a guard that shoots outside, yeah has a great jump hook but he tends to shy away from contact this year and throws up lame shots

you should question fisher about that and farmar too, they take away shots from the bigs not kobe

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

and this is coming from a Laker hater. I group them in the same hate room with the Yankees. hate em both but their is no denying they are excellent run franchises who know how to win championships.

lakerboy

Looks like San Antonio or Portland. If I were the Lakers I would hope for SA.

Interesting. I would rather face portland but it wont matter those teams are not winning more than 2 games over LA. Portland is athletic but spurs are deep. Lakers already sent the spurs a message last week and there last visit to portland they left the blazers a little message. 5-6 games at most. So the other teams will play longer series and then face LA. Im not concerned until the conf finals.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Home court advantage in the Playoffs is a big deal. Lakers have that.

williams22

Home court advantage in the Playoffs is a big deal. Lakers have that.
    Not entirely

lakerboy

Not entirely

Really. When was the last time the lakers lost a playoff series with home court advantage? 2004. Ten straight series wins since then with home court. Just cause cavs lost to orlando last year it doesnt mean its not abig deal. In the NBA homecourt in the playoffs is gigantic. Not easy winning a game 7 in LA.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Not entirely
    Orlando in the Finals, not Cavs.

williams22

Really. When was the last time the lakers lost a playoff series with home court advantage? 2004. Ten straight series wins since then with home court. Just cause cavs lost to orlando last year it doesnt mean its not abig deal. In the NBA homecourt in the playoffs is gigantic. Not easy winning a game 7 in LA.
    Not what I meant. I meant they don't have home court advantage entirely. Obviously it's important.

williams22

Orlando in the Finals, not Cavs.
    Not happening. The Cavs won't let Matt Barnes under their skin like the Lakers.

kobefanatic

Not happening. The Cavs won't let Matt Barnes under their skin like the Lakers.
    shaq may not be 100% come playoff time, he maybe rusty to match up against dwight

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

won't have to do anything, rest of the west will choke like usual

williams22

shaq may not be 100% come playoff time, he maybe rusty to match up against dwight
    Shaq is in better shape now than he was before he got hurt. I don't care if he's "rusty" or not, all he needs to do is back down Dwight, give 2 or 3 up-fakes, and draw the foul. Rinse and repeat.

12 Last