jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well boys I think I'm gonna quit while I am behind and follow some PROVEN people...check out Payton's Parlay thread...sorry guys...I guess my VALUE idea isn't a good idea...ha ha

Intangible
    Intangible's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to grind it out sometimes. NBA is a very frustrating sport to cap but keep your head high. BOL on your future plays

tavinator13
    tavinator13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't sweat it man...there's a learning curve for everything, capping especially. Everyone has bad days, maybe try posting your picks for a week and keep track of your results before you bail on capping yourself all together. BOL

BTW that philly ml looked good at halftime...they just quit on you.

obie
    obie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Not the best start, but keep hanging in there !

shallowtanky
    shallowtanky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of luck

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey guys I like the spirit of this thread... original poster... I have been in and out of this for a while now and much older than the crowd on this thread, and yes it makes me feel old replying on here but I wanted to tell you, you are seriously onto a winning path with the ML parlay approach in my opinion, it is the most sucess I have had in years of doing this... put your money in the same interest the team itself has, as herm said, we play to win the game,... messing with point spreads imo is a losing trap, no matter how great the capper is... at any rate... gl and keep those ml parlays going... particularly in NCAA tourney if you follow that, there is a goldmine to be made in that tourney with these plays if you know what you are doing...

best of luck to all, I hope we all break a bookie at least once in our lifetime

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I'd hit it for sure.

sketch80823
    sketch80823's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

jolmscheid

Thanks guys...I agree with betting ML...I hate dealing with PointSpreads...so stingy, what is some parameters I should use when betting ML's and ML parlays? Thanks

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Hey man .. I'm only 21 ... but what I have picked up is that the strategy that you were talking about about always betting the opposite side if it's moving away from you and the public is away from your side can also be a recipe for disaster.. you really need to figure out why it is moving the way it is .. you think if you bet opposite of that line movement every time and you were making money ... the books would fix it .. people get stung in the long run but simply doing that .... not saying you were just going to do that but there is an FYI .. good luck man .. I don't think you should just give up this thread because you had one bad night ... keep going when you see some plays to be made looking forward to your further plays

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Jol, i'd stay away from the parlays. I know some people do them on here but to me it will never be profitable in the end. Think about it, how hard is it to win just one game? Well in a parlay you have to hit 2 game minimum. Plus if youre taking games with a lot of chalk then you are paying out way to much to win to little. just my opinion.

jolmscheid

Hey does anyone know if I can keep a running record and units won / lost after each post I do so that everyone knows?

stingyrivers

some guidelines... np man... I suggest trying to limit the teams involved to 3 or 4 max... generally, 3 favs at -400 is an even money payout on the parlay, that would be 3 favs that are about 10 point favs... but... this is important, I learned the hard way, try not to force an extra team in there just to make it an even money payout on the play... which you seem to be good with based on your celtics lakers play last night... nice hit... plays like that are super solid, and win more than half the time... although the lakers not taking the warriors seriously and not bothering to play any defense that night had us both sweating out that last minute of the game... I had the same play with Utah ML with them for an even money payout... tonight I am looking at similar plays... cleveland looks very solid... and is at -700 currently so one or two more real solid favs with them should be a very likely cashed ticket tonight... memphis, pheonix look good to pair up with it... what do you have cooking? oh and also, as much as you possibly can, try to stick to home favs in these plays, the ones that blow up on you tend to be road favs that either take the night off or are tired at that point in the road trip
    Last edited by stingyrivers; 03-16-10 at 12:25 PM.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    Hey does anyone know if I can keep a running record and units won / lost after each post I do so that everyone knows?
    I would just through it in your signature .. easiest way so you don't have to copy and paste it into each post you do ...

In the upper right hand corner by your profile box, click on settings, then click on signature when the options come up and start it in there

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Betting at 19? I would rather see a monkey playing with loaded revolver. Here's the advice for you- go to college and try to learn something useful, set some goals for your future and you gonna thank me later.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

which book allows u to play 8 dlls?

Intangible
    Intangible's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Betting at 19? I would rather see a monkey playing with loaded revolver. Here's the advice for you- go to college and try to learn something useful, set some goals for your future and you gonna thank me later.
    Yea, because you can't go to school and bet on sports at the same time right?

stingyrivers

pronk you know how many college graduates are collecting unemployment these days?? if you are going to do this just learn how to do it right, and make sure you have emotional control and you should be okay my man

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by stingyrivers View Post
    and make sure you have emotional control
    Bullseye!!! That's what I'm talking about- the Suicide damn it, the Suicide!

jolmscheid

I can bet $8 a game at Bodog, BetUS, and Matchbook aluuk...and stingy do you think we could possibly compare our favs each day? You could post right in my thread here if you would like.

jolmscheid

I am leaning towards a PARLAY on:

Grizzlies -750
    Cavs. -650
    UAB -600 or so

AND then if the Grizzlies and Cavs. hit, then I will hedge against UAB to lock in a profit...so if UAB wins, then my parlay wins, and if UAB gets upset, then I have my hedge bet placed already.

Any insight? I also like the Suns to kill the Wolves tonight...I am a Minnesotan, but boy, the Wolves just bite!

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Hey Jol, a good way to track all of your bets here is the spreadsheet here on sbr. Not sure if that is what you're asking but i think its a great way to see what you excel at and see what areas you need help in. If this is what you are looking, go to the top right corner with your username and all that info, click spreadsheet and enter all of the info in there.

tavinator13

I like:

MEM -10.5 (5x)
    MIA -1.5 (4x)
    CHA/IND under 197.5 (2x)
    WAS/DEN under 211.5 (3x)
    LAL/SAC over 205 (2x)

leaning towards SAC +6 due to some sketchy line movement

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok...so if a line opens and most of the public is on a certain side, and that side is STILL going up or down, then you should take the opposite side?? Is that right T? Thanks for your help. All insight is wanted....
    RLM (Reverse Line Movement) is a good place to start. look at todays laker game. the public is on LA (as usual) at 75%, yet the line has dropped from 6.5 to 5.5. a sharp play would be sac +6 or 6.5 if you can still find that number. getting in now at +5.5 isnt what the sharps did - and thats what RLM is all about. you have to shop or buy points to do well at this theory.

tavinator13

Also Liking CLE -3 1st Quarter (1x)...think BronBron jumps out early on these guys.

jolmscheid

Locked in a profit last night on the parlay and hedge...it won't count towards my record as I didn't post the plays as ACTUAL BOLDED PLAYS...so for today/tonight so far I have:

PARLAY on Newcastle United / Orlando Magic ML / Boston Celtics ML (Odds are -108 to win 3 Units)

If Newcastle wins early today, then could hedge on the Magic and Celtics for a profit...

crokkettt
    crokkettt's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey, btw i´m 22, a young capper too. but lately on a coldstreak.

like your newcastle play here, they are heavy the last matches, i think you can play them at -1, too. wishing you good luck, i will stop by or would looking forward to see you in my thread. so lets see what the youngboys do !

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Thanks guys...I agree with betting ML...I hate dealing with PointSpreads...so stingy, what is some parameters I should use when betting ML's and ML parlays? Thanks
    Maybe you should think about betting totals if you don't like betting spreads.

jolmscheid

Ok..Newcastle won their game 3-0...so the first leg of the parlay is done...I am going to let this one ride instead of hedging for a smaller profit...

jolmscheid

Today I am going to go with a 3-Team Parlay at odds of +149

Baylor ML / Texas ML / LA Tech ML - 1 Unit TO WIN 1.49 Units

Hebodk
    Hebodk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2852

Good luck with your plays Jolmscheid. I'm 27 and been capping NBA the last 4-5 years - not an easy sport so expect a learning process..

jolmscheid

Thanks Hebodk...I am also going with some help from LB on this pick...

Florida Gators +5.5 -110 To WIN 1 Unit

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the key to betting ML's is to choose your spots. I don't think it's something you can bet everyday, 3, 4 games at a time. The chalks will hurt you down the line. But pick your spots and hammer good teams in favorable spots and not only because they're much better than the other team, but because in that situation they're money and you're getting decent value.
    BOL

jolmscheid

Way to go Florida...why couldn't you just have lost in regulation and NOT go into OT? Then you would have covered the 5.5!!!! Alright, we already have the Baylor / Texas / LA Tech Parlay and I am gonna add an NBA play tonight as well...

Nuggets ML / Heat ML +120 Risk 1 Unit TO win 1.2 Units

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tonight man!

First 123 Last