frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Strictly Nuggets Basketball Only thread

I have watched virtually every Nugget game since Carmelo Anthony came to Denver. Been a fans the Dikembe Mutombo and early Antonio Mcdyess days. So when it comes to talking Nuggets related game, I'm more likely to have the edge over any poster here at SBR.

Starting Sunday, I will be giving my expertise experience and opinion on all Nuggets basketball until the playoffs. I will be tracking every pick and will give a lean(My best guess) or strong lean$(likely Winner)$ on both the Point spread and the Total. My opinion can be bias at times, but trust me I bet with my head most of the time. Either way, you'll have my record to follow and I'll let that speak for it self. Stay tune fellas.

frostno98

2/28/10 Lakers vs Nuggets 3:00 Pm ET

Strong Lean Under 208.5
    This game should go under for a couple reasons. The Lakers and the Nuggets traditionally don't shoot well on Sunday's, especially in the early games. I guess they're just not use to waking up in the morning. I expect both teams to treat this like a playoff game, so I they won't be alot of crazy stuff and watch for both point guards to manage the shot clock.

Leaner Lakers -6.5
    If I had to make a pick on the point spread it would be the Lakers. The Lakers are too good of a team not to show up for this game and get beat 3 times by Denver. Kenyon Martin should also be out for this game, so that will greatly effect them getting the offensive boards and defensively. The Lakers big men should have a great advantage in the paint. The reason I would not make the Lakers a strong lean is the Chauncey and Melo factor. If either guy shows up and have a big game, then this game might come down to the wire, but I expect the champs to take care of business.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Frost - if Kenyon is out, I'm going with the Lakers. If he plays I'm leaning Denver. I really think he's under the radar in how much he means to the team. High energy guy that gives the team extra possessions.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

**** the Nuggets

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

Kobe, Kobe...Oh yeah Broncos blow

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

It's a shame that poster #4,5 felt the need to come junk his thread up. Why not read what the man has to say rather than talk smack. He might know what he is talking about.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Frostno you have good plays brother. We have disagreed many times but i love these plays.

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    It's a shame that poster #4,5 felt the need to come junk his thread up. Why not read what the man has to say rather than talk smack. He might know what he is talking about.

Posters 4 and 5 are what you call, the spice of life...

that you're allergic of!

frostno98

3/1/2010 Nuggets at Phoenix Suns

Strong Lean Phoenix Suns -2.5
    Phoenix is in a good spot here against Denver who's playing on a back to back. I think they will be emotionally drain after that close lost to the Lakers. The most recent back to back they had was against the woeful Pistons at home on Friday, and they didn't look too good in that one either. Not having Ty Lawson due to a shoulder injury will affect Billups game. The one stat that really stands out is that, Denver hasn't won in Phoenix, in like forever.

Leaner over 223.5
    This game should go high for the obvious reason. Phoenix can score and they can't play defense. Although Denver is playing a back 2 back, they should be good enough to score around 110. The last time they played, both them combined for 206 points minus Melo. He should be able to add at least 20 extra points tomorrow and the Suns should also make more 3's at home.

Current Record
    Strong Leaner 1-0
    Leaner 0-1

frostno98

3/3/2010 Nuggets vs Thunders

Strong Lean Nuggets -6
    I really like this Nuggets here. The Nuggets will show up for this game and regain focus. I expect them to respond in kind from the two consecutive road losses and shoot a lot better with the extra day of rest. This might be the JR Smith going off day, where he drills 6-7 threes. The other thing that won't help the Thunders is they will be playing a back to back, and I don't seeing them matching Denver's intensity down the stretch. I expect a 10 to 12 point win for Denver if not more.

Leaner over 207
    This game should go over for the shear fact that the Nuggets had an extra day of rest and practice. And that the Nuggets traditionally shoot well at home, especially after losing in games where they shot terribly. They will score around 110-120, while the Thunders should get around 100.

Current Record
    Strong Leaner 2-0
    Leaner 0-2

frostno98

3/5/2010 Nuggets vs Pacers

Strong Lean Nuggets -10.5
    I have watched the last couple of Pacers game on the road at LA and Portland, and this team has been shooting absolutely terrible. They don't have any constant scorer, except Danny Granger. Stop him and this unorganized offensive team is done. I don't see the Nuggets having a let down here, because they need every easy win they can get in this tight Western Conference race. The Nuggets will take care of business like they always do at home in March, and win by 15-20 points.

Leaner 218 Under
    Until the Pacers proves they can shoot consistently good on the road, I like this game going under. With the Nuggets scoring around 110-120, while the Pacer around 87-95.

Strong Leaner 3-0
    Leaner 1-2
    Last edited by frostno98; 03-05-10 at 12:30 AM.

frostno98

The Public hammering the Pacers, liking my strong leaner even more now!

frostno98

3/7/2010 Nuggets vs Blazers

Strong lean Blazers +6.5
    I like the Blazers in this spot for several reasons. The Blazers are probably the most consistent and competitive team that plays on the road. I like the Nuggets blowing teams away when they force alot of turnovers and playing good defense. This is unlikely to happen without Kenyon Martin in the lineup. The other thing that doesn't help is the absent of Ty Lawson. AC carter is just terrible as a backup point guard. He can't score or play any good defense without fouling. He also makes too many poor decisions in the fast break and affects the bench easy points production. These are the reasons why Portland might just win this game.

Leaner under 206.5
    You got two competitive teams with two of the best point guards playing a very important division game. I like both Billups and Roy to manage this game well. By limiting possessions and taking only good shots. I don't expect a run and gun deal by the Nuggets like the two previous games, since they're playing against a well rested Portland team. Portland should be able to bring the D and slow the Nuggets offense.

Strong Leaner 3-1
    Leaner 1-3

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7644

espn sunday late night game

portland playing well recently, rested, and seems like they should be right in this one

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strong leans goin' real well, good luck tonight man, keep up the good work!

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Frostno98, do you think the Nuggets will at least win straight up?

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Strong lean Blazers +6.5
    I like the Blazers in this spot for several reasons. The Blazers are probably the most consistent and competitive team that plays on the road. I like the Nuggets blowing teams away when they force alot of turnovers and playing good defense. This is unlikely to happen without Kenyon Martin in the lineup. The other thing that doesn't help is the absent of Ty Lawson. AC carter is just terrible as a backup point guard. He can't score or play any good defense without fouling. He also makes too many poor decisions in the fast break and affects the bench easy points production. These are the reasons why Portland might just win this game.

Leaner under 206.5
    You got two competitive teams with two of the best point guards playing a very important division game. I like both Billups and Roy to manage this game well. By limiting possessions and taking only good shots. I don't expect a run and gun deal by the Nuggets like the two previous games, since they're playing against a well rested Portland team. Portland should be able to bring the D and slow the Nuggets offense.

Strong Leaner 3-1
    Leaner 1-3

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

good stuff. thanks for the info

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The Blazers are probably the most consistent and competitive team that plays on the road.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Thinking it would go over

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2543

Thanks for the info on Martin and Lawson. I'm a Nuggets fan too and agree your point about when Carter is in the lineup. Portland plus any points tonight is a gift!

frostno98

3/10/10 Nuggets at Timberwolves

Strong Lean Timberwolves +8
    After two dominating wins at for the Nuggets, I'm expecting another pedestrian performance. Traditionally the Nuggets has not done well being favored by more than 5 on the road. I expect this trend to continue. The absent of Kenyon Martin might also show today, as the Nuggets are much more lacks on defense against the sub .500 on the road.

Leaner Under 216
    The Nuggets hasn't played in a couple of days, so their shooting should be rusty early. Minnesota is a poor shooting team and the Nuggets also don't make as many three's on the road. I'm expecting a 100-95 like game here.

Strong Leaner 3-2
    Leaner 1-4

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with frostno98 on Timberwolves

frostno98

3/12/10 Nuggets at Hornets

Strong Lean 210 under
    Nuggets usually don't score high when playing on the road, since they try to focus more on their defense. I also like it going under because they just don't seem to shoot historically when playing in New Orleans.

Leaner Hornets +5
    Expecting another tough road game for the Nuggets. They started out slow against Minny, and got an extra effort from Billups to pull away from that one. They'll probably start out slow here again, and the Hornet will be much harder to come back against. This should a 3 point game either way.

Strong Leaner 3-2-1
    Leaner 2-4

frostno98

3/13/10 Nuggets at Memphis

Strong lean 214 under
    Both teams playing a back to back. I expect tired legs from both sides. The Nuggets shooting should be more off in their 2nd consecutive road game. For this game to go over the Nuggets has to be able to score a lot points, I don't see them doing it here. Especially with JR Smith going 1-7 from the 3 point yesterday.

Leaner Nuggets -2.5
    Again, both teams are playing on a back to back. Memphis almost blew it against the woeful Knicks by looking ahead to the Denver game. The Nuggets appears to be a lot better now on the road than I initially thought. I like this team with Chauncey Billups experience to pull another tough road here.

Strong Leaner 4-2-1
    Leaner 2-5

frostno98

3/15/2010 Nuggets at Houston

Strong Lean Under 216
    Like this one going under for three reasons. Houston is probably the defense team the Nuggets will have face on road. Houston is also a team that's not going to run and gun with the Nuggets if they want to win, so expect alot of half court stuff. The main reason I like the under is the JR Smith factor. JR Smith rarely has two consecutive hot games in a row on road, where he went 7-10 from the three and drop 30 points on Memphis in their last outing. Don't expect a repeat from him twice on the road because he usually follows it up with an average game . Without JR Smith scoring in a big way, and that heckling Houston D, this one going under.

Leaner Rockets +2.5
    This is a hard game for the Nuggets because they have two things going them statistically. I don't recall the Nuggets ever winning twice at Houston in any given season. And secondly, the last time the Nuggets won 4 consecutive road games was in the 2004-2005 season. Since, they had many consecutive 3 road wins but always losing on that 4th trip. Plus, I think the Nug's are due for a loss.

Strong Leaner 4-3-1
    Leaner 3-5

JRswish
    JRswish's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree with the under

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Im not really sure who will win nuggets houston matchup

frostno98

3/16/2010 Nuggets vs Wizards

Strong Lean Wizards +14
    Nuggets are on a back to back, with a very physical and tough loss on the road. The Nuggets blowing an 11 point 4th quarters lead and flat out losing, is similar to a bad beat in poker. These guy are still steaming, and I don't think their heads are going to be in the right place defensively. The Nuggets will try to coast through this win and let the woeful Wizards hang around all day.

Leaner Over 211.5
    Without Kenyon Martin, the Nuggets philosophy has somewhat changed. It appears that they're focusing more on trying to outscore the opposition verses making consistent defensive stops. That would explain why they have gave up six consecutive 100 point games to the opposition since Kenyon left the lineup.

Strong Leaner 4-4-1
    Leaner 4-5

Broncos9798
    Broncos9798's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strong Strong Strong Lean - Whatever the halftime line is.

If they dont cover the second half im going to lose my house

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos9798 View Post
    Strong Strong Strong Lean - Whatever the halftime line is.

If they dont cover the second half im going to lose my house

Don't go there brother. The Nuggets are not a team you bet that kinda coin on. They could win the game by 30 or flat lose tonite.

Broncos9798

Really joking about the house but I did max bet the -12.5.....this game will turn for the Nuggets...

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

The nuggets !!!

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

hope it turns for ya buddy

Broncos9798

I love JR Smith!

frostno98

3/18/2010 Nuggets vs Hornets

Strong Lean Hornets +14.5
    I don't trust the Nuggets with a spread this big. This a game where the Nuggets will dominate throughout and probably go up by 20 with 3 to 2 minutes, and get backdoored. Besides JR Smith, the Nuggets really have no one that can score consistently in the final minutes to protect a large lead. New Orleans has Marcus Thornton who's the sixth man, that also plays all the garbage minutes. Once Denver empty's the bench, look for this guy to lite them up. He's a great scorer and 3 point shooter, when playing against the other teams bench warmers.

Leaner over 217
    This is one of those game where New Orleans will probably show little resistance defensively. The Nuggets loves this, and will run up and down the court today. Hopefully the Hornets can bring it too, because the Nuggets will probably relax defensively like they usually do against the average teams.

Strong Leaner 5-4-1
    Leaner 4-6

123 Last