Mad?

Stop being a sensitive snowflake

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Raptors fans will regret cheering when KD got injured

Curry emotional, Klay was emotional after the game, Green always emotional but honestly before that, they were chill. It all came out after the game. The GM crying, that probably came from him being in a very emotional locker room

Not a good idea to give this team any more motivation to win, and yet they now have it
    Kerr said pregame that there was no greater risk for an achilles injury, just a chance to reaggravate the calf. Oh boy...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Illini good call

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    NY wasn’t gonna be a championship contender right away anyway. Sign him and put him on the shelf for a year while you build around him for the future.
    Agree with this 100% and Knicks MIGHT get him for a discount anyway.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Changes the entire landscape of the league now for next year.
    Why would it? It was a foregone conclusion before the injury that he was signing with the Knicks and they would have been at least one year away from being competitive again anyway. If anything, it changes the landscape of two years from now for team that signs him if Knicks now choose not to.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

could be true

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Wonder if KD could or would take legal action against the Warriors and/or the doctors. I'd think he'd have a very strong case that they put him in a position to end his career. It was a win or go home game and he's magically ready to play suddenly, happened very early in the game to the same leg that was injured, everybody is expecting him to leave GS after the series. Not saying it'll happen, but I wouldn't be surprised.

MrSink

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Wonder if KD could or would take legal action against the Warriors and/or the doctors. I'd think he'd have a very strong case that they put him in a position to end his career. It was a win or go home game and he's magically ready to play suddenly, happened very early in the game to the same leg that was injured, everybody is expecting him to leave GS after the series. Not saying it'll happen, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    ... it is his decision to play . he received full go so he can decide whether he is playing

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    ... it is his decision to play . he received full go so he can decide whether he is playing
    My first instinct was to agree with you, but what if KD decided to play based on doctors telling him there was no chance to damage Achiles?

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

On sports radio for the Blues/Bruins series when Chara got hurt he supposedly said if the doctors didn't clear him, he'd sign a release that would not hold the team or doctors liable if he decided to play on his own and had further injury. Other hockey players have done it as well. Different sports, but similar situation. The Chara situation tells me that the team/doctors could be held liable if they did clear him. I'm no lawyer though, the Durant situation reminded me of what I heard last week.

MrSink

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    My first instinct was to agree with you, but what if KD decided to play based on doctors telling him there was no chance to damage Achiles?
    Of course there is a chance situation you have mentioned could ve happened. However I think superstars know how valueable they are and it is their decision whether to play. Khawhi was able to sit out whole year to cure is injury. Also , saying that there is no chance of any injury , coming back from serious injury and only couple of full practices would be just insane

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Blew his Achilles fighting to get back in the game. Can’t have nothing but respect for him. Shitty way to go down. Hope he can heal up fully and be ready for NY.
    lol. silly. you hate kawhi cause he didn't play hurt and injure his self for the team. and you cheer kd getting hurt as a fa "for the team". risk does not equal reward when there is 250 million on the line. kd is one of maybe 3 players that can command that even injured. but if he had to do it over again he wouldn't risk a whole season because the warriors are desperate after they already won 3 titles lol.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Agree with this 100% and Knicks MIGHT get him for a discount anyway.
    lol to kd taking a discount. value. he is a max player injury or not.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    Of course there is a chance situation you have mentioned could ve happened. However I think superstars know how valueable they are and it is their decision whether to play. Khawhi was able to sit out whole year to cure is injury. Also , saying that there is no chance of any injury , coming back from serious injury and only couple of full practices would be just insane
    Allow me to rephrase, I meant little chance of existing calf injury leading to Achilles injury. It is moot point though based on slambam Post #45

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

NOT knocking KD`s talent.

BUT, ever since he came out of college and couldn`t put up 135# 1x on the bench press ?
    All these years looking at his arms, legs, ankles, ass.... you had to figure at some point his stick figure body was going to take a horrific injury. Over history, guys with his body type have not lasted very long as an NBA player.

LBJ ankles probably have more girth than KD`s thighs.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

the warrior GM cryin like a lil bitch so you know it's real. white business people don't cry over black players
    his career might be over. that's ****** up.
    the most talented 7 footer ever and all time great in general.

MrSink

Allow me to rephrase, I meant little chance of existing calf injury leading to Achilles injury. It is moot point though based on slambam Post #45
    yeah yeah got it. thanks for clearing out .

jjgold

I would not sign him

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post
    the warrior GM cryin like a lil bitch so you know it's real. white business people don't cry over black players
    his career might be over. that's ****** up.
    the most talented 7 footer ever and all time great in general.
    i thought you said non contact injuries weren't real? at least you are a bit smarter a week later.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would not sign him
    ridiculous. much like larry bird, he doesn't have to take any one off the dribble. he is a kill shot shooter. and can shoot over anyone. he will be the first player to make 40 mil next year while not playing. Dirk and Bird led teams to championships without blowing past anyone. kd can do the same. needs a solid team around him of course.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    ridiculous. much like larry bird, he doesn't have to take any one off the dribble. he is a kill shot shooter. and can shoot over anyone. he will be the first player to make 40 mil next year while not playing. Dirk and Bird led teams to championships without blowing past anyone. kd can do the same. needs a solid team around him of course.
    He's a deadeye shooter but he also always had the quickness of a guard off the dribble. It was as much a part of his scoring arsenal as his shooting was

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

KD is fragile.. Twig legs.. He's done... Bye..

Him and Lebron will be injury prone next year.. I have a hunch..

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Raptors fans will regret cheering when KD got injured

Curry emotional, Klay was emotional after the game, Green always emotional but honestly before that, they were chill. It all came out after the game. The GM crying, that probably came from him being in a very emotional locker room

Not a good idea to give this team any more motivation to win, and yet they now have it
    yeah what do we expect from Toronto fans. blue jays fans would throw beer cans against the other team in a playoff game. ended up costing them a trip to the world series. karma is a biatch. but seriously i dont know how Warriors will beat the Raptors 3 times in Toronto. will have to be some serious screw up on the Raptors end to let a 3-1 lead slip away because they outplayed the Warriors all series.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Lmao 100 doctors could’ve cleared him and it still could’ve happened. Every single persons body on this earth reacts differently. And no doctor is ever going to tell someone there is “no chance to damage the Achilles”

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Lmao 100 doctors could’ve cleared him and it still could’ve happened. Every single persons body on this earth reacts differently. And no doctor is ever going to tell someone there is “no chance to damage the Achilles”
    Read Post #49. Obviously any injury could happen at any time, I was referring to the correlation between his existing injury and the Achillies.

jjgold

He’ll never be the same because of the age and the type of sport he plays

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Career might be over

MrSink

wow he could be out for the season

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Warriors leaked stuff to the media about how players were upset about Durant. They are complicit in his injury and probably why the GM was sobbing on camera last night.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

Everything I read still says that the mri is scheduled for today. Has anybody read that it has been done?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If Durant would of just ate 1 porterhouse steak in his life... he would of been fine.

But he didn't.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If Durant's carreer is over NBA will make sure he goes out with a ring.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

If he dies, he dies - warriors medical team

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Warriors leaked stuff to the media about how players were upset about Durant. They are complicit in his injury and probably why the GM was sobbing on camera last night.
    Yes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

First 123 Last