Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    no but I would give up Ball and KCP in a heartbeat for Butler
    Well if they are dumb enough to do that then yes

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't see the wolves taking lonzo. They probably want Ingram. I can't let Ingram and kuzma go. You think it's good to let either go?
    Everyone wants Ingram in a trade.. He's gonna be the next mini Kevin Durant if he keeps improving year to year which he has been doing.. Lakers need to keep that young talent..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Everyone wants Ingram in a trade.. He's gonna be the next mini Kevin Durant if he keeps improving year to year which he has been doing.. Lakers need to keep that young talent..
    Agreed. Ingram should be untouchable

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i love the guy, mainly because he's a hometown product of the school my son went to, and step son still goes to......

wouldn't mind seeing him in a rockets uniform.....

crowd would love him

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Overrated..

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Ball & KCP for Butler works imo. As a soon to be FA the T'Wolves wont get much more for him than that.
    In what universe would Minny make that deal? Replace Pope with Kuzma or Ingram and you’ve got a deal that works for them but the Lakers aren’t making that deal either.

As a Lakers fan I hope Butler ends up with the Clippers.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

This universe. That's a starting backcourt there. The alternative is he plays out the season and walks.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

So Thibs traded all those guys to the Bulls for Butler and now going to trade him again. Maybe Thibs will trade for Luol Deng and Omer Asik

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    So Thibs traded all those guys to the Bulls for Butler and now going to trade him again. Maybe Thibs will trade for Luol Deng and Omer Asik
    I believe Luol Deng signed with the T Wolves as a FA after the Lakers waived/stretched his contract

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Heard he’s gonna sign with the Patriots

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    He just signed deng. lol

Of the 3 teams he supposedly is open to being dealt to, the clips can give wolves the best return in players. A combo of Bradley, Harris, Beverly, Johnson or Williams isn’t bad to surround Kat with. Have to think they would prefer to ship him east though.

Ny has picks to offer but who would wolves get back? Knicks would love to dump hardaway and his deal but no shot. Kanter’s deal expires after season and matches up with butler’s contract. Possibly a fit. Gives Minny cap relief in 19. Throw in a few future 1sts and maybe it gets done.

Brooklyn would have to get rid of deangelo Williams in any deal. I can’t see butler wanting to play with him. They have very little talent/reasonable contract to give back though. A 3rd team would need to get him to bk in my opinion.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Is Jimmy Butler even that good? I kinda think he's a bit overrated myself.. Good 2 way player but not great.. Don't think he could be the top player on any NBA team right now.. A solid number 2 on some of the weak teams for sure though..

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

As a lifelong Wolves fan and former season ticket holder, I'm not surprised by this news. I just hope Thibs can trade his favorite player and the Wolves get something instead of nothing.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Ok

Turns out Jimmy banged KATs gal, source of friction

This ain't trading Butler, he'll quit before he does that

Jimmy and Kawhi headed to Clippers next year

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by rollie_t651 View Post
    As a lifelong Wolves fan and former season ticket holder, I'm not surprised by this news. I just hope Thibs can trade his favorite player and the Wolves get something instead of nothing.
    Minnesota pass up on Steph curry twice in the draft- just saying ...

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    no but I would give up Ball and KCP in a heartbeat for Butler
    Don't think they can trade KCP until December or January...

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Is Jimmy Butler even that good? I kinda think he's a bit overrated myself.. Good 2 way player but not great.. Don't think he could be the top player on any NBA team right now.. A solid number 2 on some of the weak teams for sure though..

Lol this site is hilarious as ever.

Name 1 player better than Butler on the Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Hornets, Nets, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, Spurs, Clippers, Kings, Mavs, Grizzlies or Suns... That's almost half the league right there.

And he's probably better than anyone on the Pacers, Knicks, Wizards, Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets as well. So yeah that's 2/3 of the league.

And you could make a reasonable argument to tack on 3 or 4 more teams.

Andrew Wiggins is an absolute bum, that team had no shooting, no bench and he turned them from a 31 win team into a 47 win team, and they were on pace for 50 and the 3 seed before he got hurt. And don't say "the young guys had 1 more year of experience" because NONE of their young guys made a jump last year, even KAT was basically the same (very good) player he was the year before. WTF more did you want out of the guy? Turn them into a 55/60-win team? He's not LeBron James either, let's not go crazy. But he's definitely an elite player and there are only 6 guys clearly better than him, LeBron, KD, AD, Steph, Harden and (healthy) Kawhi. Vs everyone else, there is at the very least a debate.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Name 1 player better than Butler on the Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Hornets, Nets, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, Spurs, Clippers, Kings, Mavs, Grizzlies or Suns... That's almost half the league right there.

And he's probably better than anyone on the Pacers, Knicks, Wizards, Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets as well. So yeah that's 2/3 of the league.

Andrew Wiggins is an absolute bum, that team had no shooting, no bench and he turned them from a 31 win team into a 47 win team, and they were on pace for 50 and the 3 seed before he got hurt. And don't say "the young guys had 1 more year of experience" because NONE of their young guys made a jump last year, even KAT was basically the same (very good) player he was the year before. WTF more did you want out of the guy? Turn them into a 55/60-win team? He's not LeBron James either, let's not go crazy. But he's definitely an elite player and there are only 6 guys clearly better than him, LeBron, KD, AD, Steph, Harden and (healthy) Kawhi. Vs everyone else, there is at the very least a debate.
    You definitely forgot Giannis.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I already grabbed over the Clips total wins. Too easy.

IBetYou

I'd say he's on par with D.DeRozan, and that P.George is a step above those two (all 3 of which were on the most recent Olympic team). When you start bringing in point guards & bigs into the conversation it gets more complicated because value at a position is determined by the competition at that spot.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I'd say he's on par with D.DeRozan, and that P.George is a step above those two (all 3 of which were on the most recent Olympic team). When you start bringing in point guards & bigs into the conversation it gets more complicated because value at a position is determined by the competition at that spot.
    Laughable comparison-Derozan plays zero defense - butler is a much more valuable player- He’s not a guy 2 lead a team - but definitely a important part on a championship team -

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Laughable comparison-Derozan plays zero defense - butler is a much more valuable player- He’s not a guy 2 lead a team - but definitely a important part on a championship team -
    Well I'm glad I amused you. It's mostly subjective. There's my opinion - the correct one - and there's everyone else's.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I can name one player on each of those teams you mentioned that are questionably as good or better then Jimmy.. You're giving Jimmy Butler to much credit...

Cavs - Kevin Love is arguably better then Jimmy Butler
    Heat - Whiteside is arguably better then Jimmy Butler
    Pistons - Blake Griffin is arguably better then Jimmy Butler

Etc... I can go on and on.. Like I said he's number 2 best player on mostly every NBA team..

ikid2groove415

I can name one player on each of those teams you mentioned that are questionably as good or better then Jimmy.. You're giving Jimmy Butler to much credit...

Etc... I can go on and on.. Like I said he's number 2 best player on mostly every NBA team..
    Lol
    Jibbs are you serious? None of those guys you name is better then butler especially Blake/love - they are both terrible defensive players - Love was bench by the Cavs in the finals lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol
    Jibbs are you serious? None of those guys you name is better then butler especially Blake/love - they are both terrible defensive players - Love was bench by the Cavs in the finals lol
    Kevin Love is a better rebounder and scorer and shooter then Butler IMO... Kevin Love won an NBA title.. Puts him in the same light as Butler at worse if not better..

Blake Griffin is still a very good all star caliber player.. I'd say Blake Griffin is slightly better then Jimmy Butler... Blake will be the leading scorer on the Pistons next year and he will have better number then Jimmy Butler if I had to guess..

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

There is a "real possibility" Jimmy Butler may not report to training camp if a trade has not been consummated, according to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic.
    Earlier, Woj reported that the Wolves are shutting down trade offers on Butler right now, so it would appear Butler is willing to take his trade request to another level. It sounds like this relationship is beyond repair, but the Wolves may not be willing to accommodate Jimmy's list of the Clippers, Nets and Knicks as possible destinations. If Butler is still on the roster for most of camp, it'll create a major distraction for the team. Expect several updates this weekend.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So pretty much NBA players.
    Joakim Noah use to be unique for his hustle.

packerd_00

Your gonna just overlook Damian Lillard.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-21-18 at 04:19 PM.

ikid2groove415

Butler is not elite - his offense is average at best - - he’s good like klay/pg but not elite (seto let the big boys talk hoops- take notes rookie)

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    There is a "real possibility" Jimmy Butler may not report to training camp if a trade has not been consummated, according to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic.
    Earlier, Woj reported that the Wolves are shutting down trade offers on Butler right now, so it would appear Butler is willing to take his trade request to another level. It sounds like this relationship is beyond repair, but the Wolves may not be willing to accommodate Jimmy's list of the Clippers, Nets and Knicks as possible destinations. If Butler is still on the roster for most of camp, it'll create a major distraction for the team. Expect several updates this weekend.
    Seems more like he's bored of living in Minnesota.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-21-18 at 04:34 PM.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Seems more like he's bored of living in Minnesota.
    He wants 2 be the number 1 option? When he’s clearly not- Towns offense is way better then butler

packerd_00

He wants 2 be the number 1 option? When he’s clearly not- Towns offense is way better then butler
    Two birds with one stone mate,I never thought of Butler as a number one,he's always been a good complimentary player.Thats fine,some players are just meant to be a good side kick but never the top guy.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Two birds with one stone mate,I never thought of Butler as a number one,he's always been a good complimentary player.Thats fine,some players are just meant to be a good side kick but never the top guy.
    Butler is a valuable player - he can guard athletic wing players - especially in Today’s NBA you need perimeter defense- with everyone taking 3s - Agree with you he’s a good 2-3 option - definitely not a 1

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

How much of that recreational Cali weed are you smoking?

First 1234 Last