d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Kevin Love is a better rebounder and scorer and shooter then Butler IMO... Kevin Love won an NBA title.. Puts him in the same light as Butler at worse if not better..

Blake Griffin is still a very good all star caliber player.. I'd say Blake Griffin is slightly better then Jimmy Butler... Blake will be the leading scorer on the Pistons next year and he will have better number then Jimmy Butler if I had to guess..
    Better numbers doesn't necessarily mean better player.

Question is who gives your team a better chance to win next year. If you take Love over Butler, you are certifiable.

There are *max* 10 players more valuable than Butler.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    How much of that recreational Cali weed are you smoking?
    Not any weed, will be on the vino soon though

Just my opinion on Butler.. I'm not on Jimmy Butler nads like you guys are, sorry.. I think he's a solid player but not a #1 on most if not all NBA teams with their current rosters..

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

owner comes out today and says contact him directly for trade deals after front office rebuffed offers. like i said, same with khalil mack. not gruden's call at all. but he's being a soldier and reluctantly biting the bullet, while dropping hints about pass rushers. owners can be arrogant. i think its a fu jimmy if you don't wanna be here type move.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Ok

Turns out Jimmy banged KATs gal, source of friction

This ain't trading Butler, he'll quit before he does that

Jimmy and Kawhi headed to Clippers next year
    I saw this - hilarious. These hoes ain't loyal

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Laughable comparison-Derozan plays zero defense - butler is a much more valuable player- He’s not a guy 2 lead a team - but definitely a important part on a championship team -
    how many games has toronto won with DD as their best player/leader? alot more than jimmy butler has won east/west combined. DD is maligned unfairly imo.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I saw this - hilarious. These hoes ain't loyal
    The men aren't either as it appears.. I wouldn't bang my bros chick.. I wouldn't bang another mans girl period.. That's just me.. I can't tell you how many married hot women I run into being single myself. Where I live there are more hot rich milfs and trophy wives then single chicks almost.. I go trying to hook up with chicks and the first thing I look for is a rock on that finger. I just say do you have fella and are you single? If she says I am married but in the process of a divorce or I have a boy friend but not happy with him I walk.

NBA players can bang any groupie they want and don't have to hook up with other teammates girls.. It's a scumbag move.. Keep your dicc in your pants..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Better numbers doesn't necessarily mean better player.

Question is who gives your team a better chance to win next year. If you take Love over Butler, you are certifiable.

There are *max* 10 players more valuable than Butler.
    I'd take Kevin Love over Butler on my team and he'd give me a better chance to win a title because he already won one.. He's a smart cerebral player that can rebound and shoot the 3. He's clutch also as proven when left open and a big shot is needed.. Big men that versatile are hard to come by..

Kevin Love proved that playing with Lebron in the playoffs.. Can't exactly say the same for Butler..

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Sit him for the whole year. penetrate em

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'd take Kevin Love over Butler on my team and he'd give me a better chance to win a title because he already won one.. He's a smart cerebral player that can rebound and shoot the 3. He's clutch also as proven when left open and a big shot is needed.. Big men that versatile are hard to come by..
    Kevin Love proved that playing with Lebron in the playoffs.. Can't exactly say the same for Butler..
    Sorry, but that's an idiotic argument and you know it. Lots of better players have never won a title and plenty of worse players have.

How good was Minnesota when Love was there? And that was when he was a much much better player than he is now.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sorry, but that's an idiotic argument and you know it. Lots of better players have never won a title and plenty of worse players have.

How good was Minnesota when Love was there? And that was when he was a much much better player than he is now.
    Kevin Love is a hell of player, he does it all. He had no one in Minnesota at that time. Lebron over shadowed him in Cleveland but he did the work and got it done.. 2nd best player on the Cavs team behind Lebron for sure the last couple years when healthy... Switch Kevin Love out for Jimmy Butler on those Lebron led Cavs teams and I don't think they will be any better...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I can name one player on each of those teams you mentioned that are questionably as good or better then Jimmy.. You're giving Jimmy Butler to much credit...

Cavs - Kevin Love is arguably better then Jimmy Butler
    Heat - Whiteside is arguably better then Jimmy Butler
    Pistons - Blake Griffin is arguably better then Jimmy Butler

Etc... I can go on and on.. Like I said he's number 2 best player on mostly every NBA team..
    0 for 3 on those stiffs being better than Butler. You are pretty dumb if you actually believe anything you typed.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Kevin Love won a title because Lebron dragged his sorry ass there. By your logic Tristan Thompson is better than Butler too.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    0 for 3 on those stiffs being better than Butler. You are pretty dumb if you actually believe anything you typed.
    Such stiffs..Right..

Blake Griffin isn't a stiff either, just been on shitty teams.. He was solid playing with Chris Paul in Clipper land. Proven all-star year after year.. Compare his numbers to Butler and they stack up..

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

You definitely forgot Giannis.
    Did not forget no, I do have Giannis above Butler but it's not totally clear-cut the way the 6 players I mentioned are.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post

I'd say he's on par with D.DeRozan, and that P.George is a step above those two (all 3 of which were on the most recent Olympic team). When you start bringing in point guards & bigs into the conversation it gets more complicated because value at a position is determined by the competition at that spot.

I can name one player on each of those teams you mentioned that are questionably as good or better then Jimmy.. You're giving Jimmy Butler to much credit...

Etc... I can go on and on.. Like I said he's number 2 best player on mostly every NBA team..

Thanks for the laughs you two - the dummies on this site truly never disappoint.

Those comparisons don't even really deserve a response at all, I mean Whiteside is arguably literally a net negative on his team's performance. Griffin is a shell of his former self, yes at one time he was in that "2nd tier" of players just below the "top 5-7" elite ones but those days are looong gone. Kevin Love never even made the playoffs nor had a winning season before he joined up with the King.
    DeRozan is little less laughable but still quite a bit, he isn't really that good, got exposed yet again in the playoffs. Butler won 2 games off LBJ a few years ago in the playoffs and had him shooting like 35% for the series. DeRozan, with the "#1 seed team" just got swept. After getting... you guessed it, swept the year before. He is very limited in the things he's good at - I'm struggling to think of a single facet of the game he is better than Butler at. Pumpfaking maybe? That's about it.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Laughable comparison-Derozan plays zero defense - butler is a much more valuable player- He’s not a guy 2 lead a team - but definitely a important part on a championship team -
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    How much of that recreational Cali weed are you smoking?
    There may be hope for humanity after all.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Your gonna just overlook Damian Lillard.
    Lillard is an acceptable name to throw out there but he does not impact the game more than Jimmy Butler.

It's close though - I'd say both are in that 2nd tier below the top 6, along with Giannis, Paul George, John Wall, Kyrie, Westbrook, Simmons, Embiid, Chris Paul.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Paul George

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Career averages - 16 points a game.. 4 rebounds and 3 assists.. That's Jimmy Butler.. Whooopie....

I will say this he did have his best year statistically last year.. Maybe he is better then I am giving him credit for especially if he continues to improve..

https://www.basketball-reference.com...butleji01.html

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Career averages - 16 points a game.. 4 rebounds and 3 assists.. That's Jimmy Butler.. Whooopie....

I will say this he did have his best year statistically last year.. Maybe he is better then I am giving him credit for especially if he continues to improve..

https://www.basketball-reference.com...butleji01.html
    He's averaged 20+ ppg in each of the last 4 seasons and overall they come out to about 22/6/5. Citing his career avgs which includes 8 minutes per game in his rookie season is pretty dang silly, wouldn't ya say.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He's averaged 20+ ppg in each of the last 4 seasons. Citing his career avg which includes 8 minutes per game in his rookie season is pretty dang silly, wouldn't ya say.
    Can you say the same for Kevin Love? https://www.basketball-reference.com.../loveke01.html

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Can you say the same for Kevin Love? https://www.basketball-reference.com.../loveke01.html
    No, I can't. He hasn't avg over 19ppg in any of the last 4 seasons.
    Give it up, man. Nobody would take Kevin Love over Jimmy Butler right now going forward. Although I suppose only knock on Butler is he's a bit of a pain in the ass and maybe rubs some the wrong way. I'm just talking in terms of playing ability.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Get the fuk outta here with that trash ass list, but coming from you its not suprsing

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

No, I can't. He hasn't avg over 19ppg in any of the last 4 seasons.
    Give it up, man. Nobody would take Kevin Love over Jimmy Butler right now going forward. Although I suppose only knock on Butler is he's a bit of a pain in the ass and maybe rubs some the wrong way. I'm just talking in terms of playing ability.
    Kevin Love averages a Double Double every game.. Jimmy doesn't even come close to doing that.. Rest my case..

You people don't know hoop. Sorry..

Venom72

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol

He’s not a game changer he’s a team cancer
    You call everyone a "team cancer" you bald fuk

Venom72

Kevin Love averages a Double Double every game.. Jimmy doesn't even come close to doing that.. Rest my case..

You people don't know hoop. Sorry..
    And its apparent by your dumbass list you dont either

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    And its apparent by your dumbass list you dont either
    Your trolling and name calling is getting old.. Take a hike or drop some NBA knowledge and stat comparisons if you can.. Butler is over rated and hyped playing on East teams.. Throw him on a decent team his numbers drop.. Plus he's now a head case which will be disruptive on any team he now goes too..

Like I said I take Kevin Love or Blake Griffin over Jimmy Butler on my team over the Diva head case that only averages 4 assists and 5 rebounds per game..https://www.basketball-reference.com...butleji01.html

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Kevin Love is a hell of player, he does it all. He had no one in Minnesota at that time. Lebron over shadowed him in Cleveland but he did the work and got it done.. 2nd best player on the Cavs team behind Lebron for sure the last couple years when healthy... Switch Kevin Love out for Jimmy Butler on those Lebron led Cavs teams and I don't think they will be any better...

Last couple years? killin yourself here. You do realize kyrie was there until last season? cmon man.

Seto

I wonder what it would be like to be in a stupid person's mind for a few minutes. It must actually be much more enjoyable. Ignorance is bliss.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Adrian Wojnarowski
    ‏Verified account @wojespn
    4m4 minutes ago

Sources: Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has made it clear to President/Coach Tom Thibodeau and GM Scott Layden that Jimmy Butler's on the trade block and Taylor wants the front office moving to find a deal. Taylor is pushing for a fast resolution.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I wonder what it would be like to be in a stupid person's mind for a few minutes. It must actually be much more enjoyable. Ignorance is bliss.
    You mean for a few mins as opposed to all day every day?

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    ‏Verified account @wojespn
    4m4 minutes ago

Sources: Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has made it clear to President/Coach Tom Thibodeau and GM Scott Layden that Jimmy Butler's on the trade block and Taylor wants the front office moving to find a deal. Taylor is pushing for a fast resolution.
    Maybe Butler can hold the door for Thibs on the way out. Thin ice!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Jimmy the Butler

IBetYou

Seto I remember you telling me last May I was an idiot for suggesting both Conference finals would go the distance. Why do you still post with such confidence on this forum? Are you better at tennis?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Seto what's up

First 1234 Last