JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Bait

its all penetrating bait. why is this line so low? this line should be -10 but the books want to keep some of you intrested in toronto to keep the books even.

this is another cavs ass whooping.

Cavs -7.5 -110 x5.5u
    Last edited by JayDr3am; 05-03-17 at 11:45 AM.
    Points Awarded:

nistohm gave JayDr3am 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JayDr3am
    Handi

will be looking at halftime

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    its all penetrating bait. why is this line so low? this line should be -10 but the books want to keep some of you intrested in toronto to keep the books even.

this is another cavs ass whooping.

Cavs -7.5 -110 x5.5u
    GL Man.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

that would imply that the majority is reading into a reverse psychology strategy by the books....

I don't think that is the case.

The line at 7.5 instead of 10 is not luring money to Toronto side of the books. If anything, it would create a 'no play' or heavy Cleveland play.

I understand what you're saying, I just don't think the books are playing a reversed, reverse psychology game

The Hat
    Washington

Too many assuming the book holds a crystal ball to the outcome and are playing mind games with the bettors...

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by The Hat View Post
    that would imply that the majority is reading into a reverse psychology strategy by the books....

I don't think that is the case.

The line at 7.5 instead of 10 is not luring money to Toronto side of the books. If anything, it would create a 'no play' or heavy Cleveland play.

I understand what you're saying, I just don't think the books are playing a reversed, reverse psychology game
    haha yeah thats just my personal opinion.. the books are so mysterious and secret i have no choice but to think they try to trick or run some game on you.. i may be wrong but its just my opinion

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    GL Man.
    cavs ML 44?

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

Thats a lock...brother jay!! Cheers mein!!

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by vegaschulo View Post
    Thats a lock...brother jay!! Cheers mein!!

JayDr3am
    Handi

i also think the rockets cover back to back games.. the spurs are "supposed" to win this game and tie it up but i could see the rockets blowing the doors off of san antonio again..

JayDr3am
    Handi

addition:

cavs -7 -110 x10.5u

JayDr3am
    Handi

addition:

Cavs -4.5 -160 x3.5u

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

I really like these two series i get a better grasp of these games..raps are bums and spurs are old..lol..dont care for Celtic's series as far as betting lol..Washington will tie it 2-2 they play better at home..warriors are far superior but never trust them to cover so i stay away..we on same picks again. .BOL Jay dawg!!!

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

What exactly makes this a bait line? Public is still slamming cavs.

The Hat
    Washington

addition:

Cavs -4.5 -160 x3.5u
    this does not speak well towards your blowout analysis

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    alot of toronto action came in though.. of course the public is going to slam lebron.

JayDr3am
    Handi

this does not speak well towards your blowout analysis
    lol things happen sometimes.. you know this

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    eh its not really a bait line as the title entailed.. but alot of people bit on the +7.5 thinking the raptors bounce back and cover game 2.. when i really dont think that will be the case
    Last edited by JayDr3am; 05-03-17 at 08:18 PM.

The Hat
    Washington

eh its not really a bait line as the tilted entailed.. but alot of people bit on the +7.5 thinking the raptors bounce back and cover game 2.. when i really dont think that will be the case
    Joy, you've done went and gone full blown schizophrenic...c'mon man! lol
    Last edited by The Hat; 05-03-17 at 07:52 PM. Reason: changed Jay to Joy

JayDr3am
    Handi

Joy, you've done went and gone full blown schizophrenic...c'mon man! lol
    you said you understood what i was saying though.. so what does that make you??

haha but seriously why was this line so low? why wasnt the spread -13 like golden state?

maybe it wasnt really "bait" but keeping the line this low screwed with alot of bettors heads.. this line didnt touch -8.. yeah the public probably pounded cavs but why not movement? it moved a half point then back down to 7.. some toronto action had to come in

JayDr3am
    Handi

maybe my title was a little misleading.. i tried to go in the mind of a oddsmaker lol cause this line shouldnt have been this low, but it was.. now why was it damn it??

JayDr3am
    Handi

especially since the cavs blew the doors off of toronto. the cavs are the defending champions.. have the best player in the world on their team, and their at home, and their spread is 2x lower than golden states lol

and not to forget, golden state didnt even cover the line.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Spurs live spread is still low.. i think spurs wake up and win this game comfy

The Hat
    Washington

you said you understood what i was saying though.. so what does that make you??

haha but seriously why was this line so low? why wasnt the spread -13 like golden state?

maybe it wasnt really "bait" but keeping the line this low screwed with alot of bettors heads.. this line didnt touch -8.. yeah the public probably pounded cavs but why not movement? it moved a half point then back down to 7.. some toronto action had to come in
    just messing with you man. you're reading too much into the line and late action, etc.... that kind of analysis is more for football when you're dealing with key numbers and not a zillion possessions per team per game..

again, the books don't hold a crystal ball to what the outcome of a game is. you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out their logic. Just look how much you flipped back and forth just in this post. Teams play to win games, their goal is not to win by 8, 9 points etc...

In football, we see teams offensively strategizing play based on what the current score is and the key numbers 3, 4, 7 factor into play more so..... basketball is a gazillion posessions......

The Hat
    Washington

....the 'right play' is Houston plus the points. Sometimes the 'right play' doesn't always win.... But, if Hou/San played 10 times on the Spurs court and Houston got 6 points each game, Houston covers 6 or 7 times. Always take that many points when dealing with a team with that much firepower... percentage play. Not a spot play.

JayDr3am
    Handi

just messing with you man. you're reading too much into the line and late action, etc.... that kind of analysis is more for football when you're dealing with key numbers and not a zillion possessions per team per game..

again, the books don't hold a crystal ball to what the outcome of a game is. you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out there logic. Just look how much you flipped back and forth just in this post. Teams play to win games, there goal is not to win by 7, 8, 9 points etc...

In football, we see teams offensively strategizing play based on what the current score is and the key numbers 3, 4, 7 factor into play more so..... basketball is a gazillion posessions......
    im not saying they have this crystal ball you keep referring.. but i do think they put actual thought into these lines. i dont think they are just throwing up anything.. especially in the most important part of the season. maybe during regular season but not during playoffs. everything alot more calculated. it has to be.

JayDr3am
    Handi

....the 'right play' is Houston plus the points. Sometimes the 'right play' doesn't always win.... But, if Hou/San played 10 times on the Spurs court and Houston got 6 points each game, Houston covers 6 or 7 times. Always take that many points when dealing with a team with that much firepower... percentage play. Not a spot play.
    what makes houston + the points the 'right pick'? thats your own thought up opinion, right? why isnt san antonio -5 the right spot? especially after how game 1 went? ...

The Hat
    Washington

what makes houston + the points the 'right pick'? thats your own thought up opinion, right? why isnt san antonio -5 the right spot? especially after how game 1 went? ...
    i'm speaking in terms of playing the right percentage play..

IMO, if Hou/San play 10 time on the Spurs floor with Houston getting 6 points each game, you'd prob see:

Hou win 3 or 4 outright
    Hou lose 3 or 4 close games
    Hou get beat by more than six in 3 or 4 of the games...

Just looking at it from a different angle than you. Game 2 generally one of the tougher games of the series to spot play based on game 1

JayDr3am
    Handi

and im kind of rhetorically asking "why" lol

i mean simply trying to talk about the line and why its so low and havent moved.. you might sound a little crazy lol

The Hat
    Washington

Houston is a team that will always be in the game regardless of the deficit.... not like a Utah or Memphis

JayDr3am
    Handi

i'm speaking in terms of playing the right percentage play..

IMO, if Hou/San play 10 time on the Spurs floor with Houston getting 6 points each game, you'd prob see:

Hou win 3 or 4 outright
    Hou lose 3 or 4 close games
    Hou get beat by more than six in 3 or 4 of the games...

Just looking at it from a different angle than you. Game 2 generally one of the tougher games of the series to spot play based on game 1
    thats the beauty of this.. everyone has a different way of viewing it.
    Points Awarded:

The Hat gave JayDr3am 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Hat
    Washington

and im kind of rhetorically asking "why" lol

i mean simply trying to talk about the line and why its so low and havent moved.. you might sound a little crazy lol
    I wouldn't consider the 7.5 Cavs line to be low at the start of the game even though I agreed Cleveland would win be double digits and I had Cleveland as well. Toronto is an experienced 2nd round playoff team, so 7.5 was not surprising to me

JayDr3am
    Handi

again, the books don't hold a crystal ball to what the outcome of a game is. you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out their logic. Just look how much you flipped back and forth just in this post. Teams play to win games, their goal is not to win by 8, 9 points etc...

im not really reading into anything too much lol im saying the line should have been -10.. thats all im saying. am i right or wrong? and it was -7.5 which in my opinion, was way too low. i mean i must have been right.. the cavs won by 22 points..

The Hat
    Washington

im not saying they have this crystal ball you keep referring.. but i do think they put actual thought into these lines. i dont think they are just throwing up anything.. especially in the most important part of the season. maybe during regular season but not during playoffs. everything alot more calculated. it has to be.
    well, you're speaking of how calculated the set line is and how the books put actual thought into it.... and then you're also saying that it should have been 10 instead of 7.5 ????

which is it?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

im not really reading into anything too much lol im saying the line should have been -10.. thats all im saying. am i right or wrong? and it was -7.5 which in my opinion, was way too low. i mean i must have been right.. the cavs won by 22 points..
    Disagree with you on this one JayD. Line is for betting purposes not to determine results. This is normal for a series, they arnt really gonna move it with it being just Game 2 same location. Made by power ratings, if you go by that then it shouldnt have even been high as -7, but theyre the Cavs so their not gonna make it -4 or anything, itd get bet out the roof. These nba playoff lines are bumped up a little like college conference game lines with a strong emphasis on protecting home court. Guess it depends on which ratings you look at but sag has Raps a tick higher than Cavs which is crazy to me. I kinda think they dont go by power ratings so much in playoffs by lines I see, seems its geared more towards results in reg. season between the two, especially the totals, I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-03-17 at 09:51 PM.

123 Last