nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Hrs a much better physical athlete then jordan....jordan better scorer..lebron tons better athlete and defender.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    That was a 1 on 1 break where the initial defender made him hold it up and Jordan got the block. Lebron chased down what looked like a 2 on 1 and Iggy was clean and free. Lebron's block was WAY more impressive and difficult to time. If you can't see that, you're either blind with hate or don't know the first fugging thing about basketball.
    Just let me know when Lebron does that in 10 years. You're right, I know nothing.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

irving was the mvp of this finals so no

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Hrs a much better physical athlete then jordan....jordan better scorer..lebron tons better athlete and defender.
    Better defender? Oh good god...time to leave now before I get really upset. You do realize that Jordan won MVP and DPOY in same year...fukkin idiots on here. I swear.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Opie your the man bro but this isn't the time for a post like this. First ever to lead his team from 3-1 down in the finals.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Dude chill out and give LBJ some props. I watched MJ so I know great he was, that's why I wouldn't put any above him but Lebron is a 2nd close. Lebron had high expectation and pressure as the chosen one right out of high school. MJ and Kobe didn't have that. Magic had Kareem to play with early in his career. Taking Cleveland to the Finals in his 2nd year the league in it self was great accomplishment. Cleveland was the joke of the league until the Lebron return, what he accomplish will never happen again in our life time.
    And, dude you can give him props but you don't have to lie. He didn't get to the nba finals in his second year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think James is a better defenders than Jordan

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think James is a better defenders than Jordan

And that's why you are a gambling loser JJ.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

His block off the backboard on Iguodala is going to be THE PLAY that capped off a dominating performance in the Finals. A championship in only his second year on what was a losing franchise for a long time speaks volumes about Lebron's special talents. This win will give him even more credibility because of the level of opponent and a 3-1 deficit they overcame out of nowhere. Lot of GS backers hurting at the moment as well in the pockets.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

this thread is bullshit. you are literally trying to steal it away from lebron. get the penetrate out

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Nobody over 35 years old thinks Lebron is better than MJ.

SteveKerrsJunk

That block may be a bigger and better defensive play than Jordan has made in his career, but let's not get that confused with being a better overall defender.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Dude chill out and give LBJ some props. I watched MJ so I know great he was, that's why I wouldn't put any above him but Lebron is a 2nd close. Lebron had high expectation and pressure as the chosen one right out of high school. MJ and Kobe didn't have that. Magic had Kareem to play with early in his career. Taking Cleveland to the Finals in his 2nd year the league in it self was great accomplishment. Cleveland was the joke of the league until the Lebron return, what he accomplish will never happen again in our life time.
    funny thing is mj said oscar was the greatest. played when only 12 teams. you could mug someone and get away with it. ALways played for a donald sterling. But to compare mj and lebron is totally different time. Lebron would have trouble going against pistons because he cries to much!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Better defender? Oh good god...time to leave now before I get really upset. You do realize that Jordan won MVP and DPOY in same year...fukkin idiots on here. I swear.
    Lebron can literally guard any player on the floor... His size and strength give him the nod over Jordan as a defender. Not much to debate in regards to this. Jordan also benefited from playing alongside elite defenders like Pippen, Rodman, or even Harper. Therefore Jordan didn't have to shoulder as great a defensive burden as LBJ. James more often than not is tasked with tracking the opponents' best weapon, be it a big or a wing player.

Jordan was a better scorer. He was a natural in that department. But Lebron is arguably a better overall basketball player. That's not crazy talk.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's better than Jordan.

when Jordan left the Bulls went from 57 Wins to 55 Wins (–2 WINS)

when Lebron left the Cavs they went from 61 WINS to 19 wins. (–42 WINS)

think about that. yikes.

chico2663

Also was lucky enough to watch lebron lose to roger bacon in high school. great player but nobody has the competitive drive of mj.Ran into Ron harper a few years back. same class in college and he raved about mj competitiveness.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

MJ @ home watching like....

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    he's better than Jordan.

when Jordan left the Bulls went from 57 Wins to 55 Wins

when Lebron left the Cavs they went from 61 WINS to 19 wins.
    rules changed

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

he's better than Jordan.

when Jordan left the Bulls went from 57 Wins to 55 Wins

when Lebron left the Cavs they went from 61 WINS to 19 wins.
    People don't realize how much Lebron means to the team. Just look how far Miami fell off the map when he left there, too.

Your stats above show Lebron is worth 42 wins, and Jordan is worth 2.

This makes him the most valuable player in NBA history.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    MJ @ home watching like....

after juanita got his bank book in divorce

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I don't like comparing icons from different eras.
    It's pointless.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    People don't realize how much Lebron means to the team. Just look how far Miami fell off the map when he left there, too.

Your stats above show Lebron is worth 42 wins, and Jordan is worth 2.

This makes him the most valuable player in NBA history.
    Ok, well, you also keep placing large wagers on the Astros to win the World Series this year soooooo....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    His block off the backboard on Iguodala is going to be THE PLAY that capped off a dominating performance in the Finals. A championship in only his second year on what was a losing franchise for a long time speaks volumes about Lebron's special talents. This win will give him even more credibility because of the level of opponent and a 3-1 deficit they overcame out of nowhere. Lot of GS backers hurting at the moment as well in the pockets.
    I heard Opie lost a few dimes on the ML and series price

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Yep, and the post-Lebron Heat would still be completely irrelevant if not for the additions of Hassan Whiteside, Luol Deng, Goran Dragic, and Joe Johnson to help right the ship... and even then, they couldn't advance to the East Finals.

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Lebron can literally guard any player on the floor... His size and strength give him the nod over Jordan as a defender. Not much to debate in regards to this. Jordan also benefited from playing alongside elite defenders like Pippen, Rodman, or even Harper. Therefore Jordan didn't have to shoulder as great a defensive burden as LBJ. James more often than not is tasked with tracking the opponents' best weapon, be it a big or a wing player.

Jordan was a better scorer. He was a natural in that department. But Lebron is arguably a better overall basketball player. That's not crazy talk.
    I agree with your first paragraph entirely, Jordan didn't have as much pressure to defend. But it doesn't mean he wasn't the better overall defender. MJ could guard anybody on the court too, but like you said, he never had that burden. Would he have succeeded? Well, he fukkin succeeded in everything else he did on the court. MJ was a sneaky fukk as evidenced by him stealing away game 6 in the 98 finals. Michael was just so much more agile, quick, fast, he had an elegance on the court that is unmatched. And he can dunk 100 times better than Lebron, MJ had all the dunks due to his insanely large hands. If Lebron is better and played on worse teams, why are MJ's numbers superior in most every category? Quite a paradox if you ask me. Why has Lebron never won a defensive player of the year? Why has Lebron lost 6 times in the NBA finals?

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    LeBron lucky to have Tyron Lue as his coach. MJ had nobodies coaching him
    Wow. Yeah like that nobody Phil Jackson.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Ok, well, you also keep placing large wagers on the Astros to win the World Series this year soooooo....

No, not large. It was a little over $200, at about +3600. Only a matter of time until my 'stros take off.

Opie, you are buried badly in this thread.

Your wife is leaving you for TT. That has got to sting!

You're coming across like a very bitter old man. It's fine, I'll get off your lawn.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

yall are idiots if you are even arguing that lebron is better than jordan or not. honestly. dumbest argument you can have.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Opie you go fuk yourself and take a penetrating month off from the forum

You're nothing but a penetrating elitist

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yep, and the post-Lebron Heat would still be completely irrelevant if not for the additions of Hassan Whiteside, Luol Deng, Goran Dragic, and Joe Johnson to help right the ship... and even then, they couldn't advance to the East Finals.
    Lebron is a game changer. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that.

The Chicago Bulls only lost two more games without Michael Jordan. That's an insane stat.

Lebron just won a championship with Tyrron Lue as his coach.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

he's better than Jordan.

when Jordan left the Bulls went from 57 Wins to 55 Wins (–2 WINS)

when Lebron left the Cavs they went from 61 WINS to 19 wins. (–42 WINS)

think about that. yikes.
    You talking the 1st three peat that still had a lot of good players on them lead by Scottie Pippen. Scottie Pippen was more then capable of carrying those Bulls team. Terrible analogy.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

MJ is better because he was in Space Jam and helped Bugs Bunny not have to live on Moron Mountain.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    I agree with your first paragraph entirely, Jordan didn't have as much pressure to defend. But it doesn't mean he wasn't the better overall defender. MJ could guard anybody on the court too, but like you said, he never had that burden. Would he have succeeded? Well, he fukkin succeeded in everything else he did on the court. MJ was a sneaky fukk as evidenced by him stealing away game 6 in the 98 finals. Michael was just so much more agile, quick, fast, he had an elegance on the court that is unmatched. And he can dunk 100 times better than Lebron, MJ had all the dunks due to his insanely large hands. If Lebron is better and played on worse teams, why are MJ's numbers superior in most every category? Quite a paradox if you ask me. Why has Lebron never won a defensive player of the year? Why has Lebron lost 6 times in the NBA finals?

chico2663

You talking the 1st three peat that still had a lot of good players on them lead by Scottie Pippen. Scottie Pippen was more then capable of carrying those Bulls team. Terrible analogy.
    You sir are clueless. scotty came to the rockets and he sucked.The only thing he did was get a dui with that philippine prostitute. What Michael was good at doing was making people Know their roles.

Eddy Munny

@ SteveKerr'sJunk

Huh??? Lebron hasn't lost six Finals. He's now 3-4.

The 2007 Cavs were garbage (and Lebron was all of 22 years old).
    Wade's health completely faded down the stretch in Bron's last year in Miami and faced a healthy Spurs juggernaut.
    Last year he was playing with a D-league roster in the Finals.

I sometimes wonder if Lebron would have less detractors if he had just lost in the ECF a few of those years, just so his Finals win % would look better. It's an absurd notion, but it probably would quell the outcry over his losses.

I mean the guy has three rings now and people still act like he's supposed to win every damn trophy ever handed out for basketball or else it's a sign of weakness. Get real.

First 1234 Last